Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    No bossfight I can think of contains CC where EMFH would help.
    Hodir, Festergut, Lana'thel, Halfus, Cho Gall, Nefarion. Since I don't play human I'll leave it to others to add more, but those are off the top of my head.

God yes, but I don't think it should be a racial. I think it should be an ability earned from PVPing. It's the crowning reason PVP is so f'ed up right now. Oh yeah, Frost mage with 2x heroic level trinkets, while only giving up a bit of resilience? No wonder everyones going Human.

Why do they continue to give Humans OP racials anyways? First we had perception - which didn't even make sense. This would have made sense on nightelves, or possibly trolls, but Humans? How do they have better eye sight than Night Elves? Followed by EMFH, which again - this would have made more sense on other races - like Gnomes, or Goblins. No other racial even comes CLOSE to this in PVP. No other racial is even CLOSE to as useless as this in PVE. I think this was a case of blizzard trying to get more alliance players, and as such they probably won't remove it. ._.

But yes, I think the Trinket effect should be something earned, not equipped. I'd live to wear 2 useful trinkets, rather than be tethered down by the pvp trinket, effectivly nullifying one of my two trinket slots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Hodir, Festergut, Lana'thel, Halfus, Cho Gall, Nefarion. Since I don't play human I'll leave it to others to add more, but those are off the top of my head.
    Hodir, Festergut and Lana'thel doesn't really count as it's old content. And I do not think you can break Cho'Galls and Nefarians mind controls with it. Halfus stun is true though.
    Vol'jin fanboy

10+ Year Old Account
    Been suggesting it even before Humans got it.

So needless to say, but yes. I think all races should have it.

But in retrospect, this could have made feral druids a lot more annoying than they were before skilled warning was nerfed to the ground. Sometimes I have mixed feelings about it, but I wouldn't have them if developers could balance the game correctly.

no, because the remaining good players would be split since some would change back to horde making it more expensive / harder to find teammates

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    God yes, but I don't think it should be a racial. I think it should be an ability earned from PVPing. It's the crowning reason PVP is so f'ed up right now. Oh yeah, Frost mage with 2x heroic level trinkets, while only giving up a bit of resilience? No wonder everyones going Human.

Why do they continue to give Humans OP racials anyways? First we had perception - which didn't even make sense. This would have made sense on nightelves, or possibly trolls, but Humans? How do they have better eye sight than Night Elves? Followed by EMFH, which again - this would have made more sense on other races - like Gnomes, or Goblins. No other racial even comes CLOSE to this in PVP. No other racial is even CLOSE to as useless as this in PVE. I think this was a case of blizzard trying to get more alliance players, and as such they probably won't remove it. ._.

But yes, I think the Trinket effect should be something earned, not equipped. I'd live to wear 2 useful trinkets, rather than be tethered down by the pvp trinket, effectivly nullifying one of my two trinket slots.
    God I hate those small inputs about Frost Mages.

But yes, part of my idea was to balance the racials, as its needed.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Deleted
    Hodir, Festergut and Lana'thel doesn't really count as it's old content. And I do not think you can break Cho'Galls and Nefarians mind controls with it. Halfus stun is true though.
    Since you're claiming EMFH is useless in PvE of course those examples count, since they prove it isn't. Also, from EJ:

Every Man for Himself is useful on Cho Gall, in case your Mind Control is broken via a fear or stun that may last an excessive amount of time or place you in harms way via shadowcrash.
    Every Man for Himself is useful on Nefarion, to cancel a tail whip knock down and allow you to keep DPSing.

There are many situations where one could use EMFH to eke out extra DPS, therefore it is not useless in PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    no, because the remaining good players would be split since some would change back to horde making it more expensive / harder to find teammates
    In my ears that's just a bigger reason to give the racial to everyone. If they feel forced to be something entierly different than they actually want to be, it'very bad.
    Vol'jin fanboy

I would rather just remove racials (and racial class restrictions, for that matter) so that people can just play what they want instead of what they think is best (human.)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should remove EMFH and rename it "Too Ugly to CC" and give it only to female orcs and dwarves. This would both generate revenue and finally populate the female versions of these races.

Not every race should get PvP trinket as a racial, human racial just needs to be nerfed. Its currently significantly stronger than every other racial in the game. There are 2 options, make it have something like a 2 min 30 sec CD, or make it more like undead racial where it shares a 30 sec CD with trinkets, but only applies to certain CCs (Human racial could be stuns, silences, and roots or something).

10+ Year Old Account
    Since you're claiming EMFH is useless in PvE of course those examples count, since they prove it isn't. Also, from EJ:

Every Man for Himself is useful on Cho Gall, in case your Mind Control is broken via a fear or stun that may last an excessive amount of time or place you in harms way via shadowcrash.
    Every Man for Himself is useful on Nefarion, to cancel a tail whip knock down and allow you to keep DPSing.

There are many situations where one could use EMFH to eke out extra DPS, therefore it is not useless in PvE.
    Well, they don't matter really, that's more the point.

Well, those points are somewhat true though, but you shouldn't get hit by Nefarians tail whip anyway. So maybe it's Cho'Gall then.

And no, there are not many bossfights where EMFH would shine.
    Vol'jin fanboy

10+ Year Old Account
    For the sake of argument, let's assume you've badgered everyone who reads the forum into agreeing with you.

Now what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if we give this ability to ALL the classes, why even have it at all? Wouldn't giving the ability to everyone be the same as removing it from everyone?

Anyway, let's say that they DID give that ability to all the races. Why don't I ALSO get an AOE war stomp stun? And the ability to Shadowmeld? Or how about an AOE silence? Or Gift of the Naaru? Why can't I cannibalize enemy corpses? If it was to be completely fair (in that everyone can do the exact same thing,) shouldn't I have an entire action bar full of EVERY single race's special ability?

God I hate those small inputs about Frost Mages.

But yes, part of my idea was to balance the racials, as its needed.
    Frost mages are the issue with pvp in cataclysm. They're completely broken in some aspects, and completely useless in others. In BGs they do entirely too much damage while having no real downside {great escape, vanish mechanism, bubbles, invul, full dot wipe}, In arena they just get trained to hell and back, but if they ever get just a few seconds of damage out...something dies - especially humans with double trinkets & legendary{whoops 110k damage in a Dfreeze!} /blahhhh

Anyways, Balancing racials really isn't needed. The racials are GENERALLY so miniscule it's not a big deal. THIS racial in particular is an issue though, as it makes PVP Very VERY unbalanced. Going the full resil path: This gives Humans 16,500 HP clicky. Going the DPS path this gives humans 2900 Mastery clicky +400 str/400 agi+1730 haste proc/440 perma mastery&430 int/whatever trinket you want. If bloodfury gave you 2900 mastery/haste/crit{your choice} and 383 str, I think people might bitch too. I can't understand why people would defend this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Well, if we give this ability to ALL the classes, why even have it at all? Wouldn't giving the ability to everyone be the same as giving it to no one?

Anyway, let's say that they DID give that ability to all the races. Why don't I ALSO get an AOE war stomp stun? And the ability to Shadowmeld? Or how about an AOE silence? Or Gift of the Naaru? Why can't I cannibalize enemy corpses? If it was to be completely fair (in that everyone can do the exact same thing,) shouldn't I have an entire action bar full of EVERY single race's special ability?
    Everyone doesn't have access to War Stomp, Shadowmeld, Aoe silence, gift of Naaru, Cannibalization, etc already. This is something that everyone had - and that Humans now get for free. Again, I point back at my previous line - If bloodfury gave you 2900 Mastery/haste/crit and 383 STR, I don't think people would just sit happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    For the sake of argument, let's assume you've badgered everyone who reads the forum into agreeing with you.

Now what?
    If they actually agreed I'd just be happy.
    Vol'jin fanboy

10+ Year Old Account
    If they actually agreed I'd just be happy.
    And how is that constructive?
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Well, if we give this ability to ALL the classes, why even have it at all? Wouldn't giving the ability to everyone be the same as removing it from everyone?

The difference with this ability is that it's already aviable to everyone and it's sort of forced to have.

---------- Post added 2011-10-14 at 04:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    And how is that constructive?
    Not half of the posters posts here are constructive, so what's your point?
    Vol'jin fanboy

It's pretty obvious what he means is that EMFH is not as useful overall in PVE raids as most other racials. I haven't raided as Alliance so I don't think it will more useful during a full run as let's say, Worgen crit or even Orcs blood fury. Useless may have been a little strong, but it's not too difficult to get the meaning.

OP - PVP needs a complete overhaul and even though I think the change will be better and definitely a step in the right direction, I don't see Blizzard changing it anytime soon. Even though I really don't like homogenizing, letting one race have such an amazing OP racial is really stupid.

10+ Year Old Account

Not half of the posters posts here are constructive, so what's your point?
    I guess my point is that you won't really have any room to complain because I closed your non-constructive thread whose only purpose was to badger people to get them to agree with you to make you happy.