Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    And in case you can't scroll up, I'll tell you; No ore will be prospectable to yield epic gems.

15+ Year Old Account
    At least not in 4.3. It wouldn't surprise me if there's a 4.3.5 or somesuch which introduces more ways of getting epic gems.

When I heard about the 'tome of burning jewels', I figured they were drops in the raid/geode. I bought a few patterns like Accurate Demonseye that no one really uses. I'll still have enough to buy all the cuts used in raiding.

I fail to see the value in paying 1token less for a random cut, but I'm kinda glad they won't be rare random cuts, it woulda been a pain to be 3 months into Demonsoul and not have the Brilliant cut inguild yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    I bought a few patterns like Accurate Demonseye that no one really uses. I'll still have enough to buy all the cuts used in raiding.

I fail to see the value in paying 1token less for a random cut, but I'm kinda glad they won't be rare random cuts, it woulda been a pain to be 3 months into Demonsoul and not have the Brilliant cut inguild yet.
    Accurate demonseye sells for over 100g on my server right now. The purpose of learning all the cuts is to make gold.

The value of of spending 4 tokens instead of 5 is obvious. After spending the 5 tokens on only the necessary cuts, I can thereafter learn all the other cuts at only 4 tokens per design rather than 5. This way I get more, by spending less.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Accurate demonseye sells for over 100g on my server right now. The purpose of learning all the cuts is to make gold.

The value of of spending 4 tokens instead of 5 is obvious. After spending the 5 tokens on only the necessary cuts, I can thereafter learn all the other cuts at only 4 tokens per design rather than 5. This way I get more, by spending less.
    But does anyone know if the random option have a chacne of giving you a duplicate of a pattern you already know?

Quote Originally Posted by Zawani1 View Post
    But does anyone know if the random option have a chacne of giving you a duplicate of a pattern you already know?
    That would be unknown at this point, but my best guess would lead me to believe it works like the inscription ones did and just give you one of the ones you did not know until you had them all. (As far as I know the inscription random recipe did not give you recipes that you already knew.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    hmmm +77 is still not high enough, too make up for the stat gain Blacksmiths are going too get.
    or did blizzard implent something that only rare gems can be done in them.

if not JC will get +81 stat, while BS gets +100 (2x50 from sockets) so unless they gonna make +84 (84*3-3*50=102) the two proffesions will be miles in bonus apart.
    And alchemists get no buff to their stat modifier this ptr patch so far...least your getting something boosted.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zawani1 View Post
    It won't - Alchemy/Inscription can't give duplicates either.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account
    No I understand how 4 is less than 5, and a faster method of getting every single cut. But there are enough cuts I care exactly zero for (truthfully, would rather not have cluttering up my profession book), that I'm not gonna buy the books.

Accurate Demonseyes are only 8g on my realm right now, but I'll willingly admit that I mostly don't bother trying to exploit the suboptimal cut market, even though those gems are often more expensive than good cuts, since fewer people list them. An Enhance Shaman might use an Accurate if he can't get expertise capped through reforging. Priests might use a Zen Dream Emerald if are spirit starved at low levels, but a raider's not gonna use an epic Accurate... especially if the transmutes are from gem type to gem type. I don't know how the transmutes are gonna work.

All the people in my raid I can outfit with 14 cuts:
    Brilliant/Delicate/Bold
    Reckless/Artful/Deft/Inscribed/Fine
    Veiled/Purified/Glinting/Etched
    Puissant
    Fractured

Possibly Solid if the fights have LK like damage and raid tanks all have their 102.4% ctc.

I sell some Adepts, Shiftings, and Fierce; I know those are appropriate for some specs, so that's 85 tokens I'll spend on day1. I sell some resilience gems too but that's pretty irrelevant cause all the gems we get are gonna stay in our raid. Some of the rest I'll spend on Chimera's eyes.
    Last edited by Mnevis; 2011-10-16 at 12:51 PM. Reason: missed a 'not'

Quote Originally Posted by Tordek View Post
    That won't happen. Archaeology fragments may be capped, but they were never deliberately reduced. Tokens are tokens, whether they're for cooking or JCing.
    I don't understand this. When the 200 per race Archeology fragments cap was introduced, you lost all above 200 and got gold as compensation. Why couldn't it be the same here?

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    66 new recipes, not 51
    I'm on PTR right now and I'm pretty sure Farrah Facet only has 51 epic gems recipes to sell, get ur facts straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Leobald View Post
    I don't understand this. When the 200 per race Archeology fragments cap was introduced, you lost all above 200 and got gold as compensation. Why couldn't it be the same here?
    Because that's not what happened. When they initiated the cap, I had around 2000 night elf, fossil, and dwarf fragments. Each. What the cap did was prevent you from gaining MORE fragments beyond the cap of 200, but if you were already ABOVE the cap you just had to complete solves and then vendor the trash.

Nobody had their fragment totals reduced, again, they were simply prevented from increasing them. You may be confusing this with honor points, which WERE reduced and converted to gold. Moreover, archaeology fragments and gem tokens function differently, with fragments working as quest items and tokens as a currency.

To concerns of duplicates, on the PTR the tome of burning jewels doesn't generate a recipe you then learn, it teaches you a random unlearned recipe. What will be interesting is if after you learn cataclysm cuts, it can teach you older unknown cuts. I have every pre-cataclysm cut in the game, except sunwell drops, and it'd be nice to learn those.

Deleted
    I had plenty of tokens saved for this purpose.

200 tokens saved

Counting cuts listed on the Tome of Burning Jewels page.

Red- 5 cuts
    Yellow- 5 cuts
    Blue- 4 cuts
    Orange- 22 cuts
    Purple- 12 cuts
    Green- 18 cuts

Total- 66 cuts. Maybe they all havn't been put in Farrah's inventory, or maybe some are learned with the tome only.

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    I'm on PTR right now and I'm pretty sure Farrah Facet only has 51 epic gems recipes to sell, get ur facts straight.
    as above poster said, 66 new recipes was datamined
    I don't care how many Farrah Facet is selling, datamining says always the truth

we'll see it live, the less they are, the more I'll be happy

Stupid idea making epic gems only in raid.s What about ppl who don't raid or guilds that don't raid or raid very casually? So now those guilds/ppl are left out to get epic gems.

Blizzard already lost tons of sub coz of this expansion. I don't raid anymore and I haven't been on for 3 weeks. All it takes is one bad move from blizzard and I am going to cancel sub and this is one of them. I am sure there are tons of ppl feel the same way too.

Not to mention Star Wars is comming out in Dec more reason to quit WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by spongemike View Post
    Stupid idea making epic gems only in raid.s What about ppl who don't raid or guilds that don't raid or raid very casually? So now those guilds/ppl are left out to get epic gems.

Blizzard already lost tons of sub coz of this expansion. I don't raid anymore and I haven't been on for 3 weeks. All it takes is one bad move from blizzard and I am going to cancel sub and this is one of them. I am sure there are tons of ppl feel the same way too.

Not to mention Star Wars is comming out in Dec more reason to quit WoW.
    If you don't raid and you havn't been on in 3 weeks, why do you need epic gems? This is being done almost exactly the way gems were done in TBC, and there wasn't massive ragequitting back then.

personally what they doing with the epic gems for this expansion is epically stupid and only designed to take poeple forever and a day to get. i mean look at the epic int one 5 days just to get the cut then u have to run the raid for a chance at the actual gem to to get 10 more intellect. stupid stupid stupid. i guess a bunch of morons took over at blizzard. and not only that they haven't said how the gems will be aquired in the raids. could mean it drops off bosses and u will have to fight everyone for a chance at one gem.

Epic gem acquisition HAS been explained. Each time a raid boss is killed, EVERY PERSON in the raid will loot THEIR OWN GEODE. You crack open that geode, and it has a chance of dropping epic gems, probably similar to a fire prism (yes, I know prisms don't drop epics, its an ANALOGY). You won't be rolling against other people for epics, but you may want to trade if you get a purple and they get an orange gem.

You'll then take your gem either to a JCer to cut (tip generously, those cuts are hard to learn) or you can put it on the AH for exhorbitant sums of money for all the people who cry and complain about only raiders getting the gems. If you get new armor and don't have an epic gem for it you can *GASP* get a rare gem and upgrade later.

Why is everyone having fits that they won't be able to instantly re-gem all their gear the day 4.3 launches? Should you not have to work at something? You want a free t13 set too?

Quote Originally Posted by KhadajDH View Post
    As for gems I can't seem to find them at the PvP vendor, PvE vendor, AH, or from prospecting yet. I would post a couple pictures from it but my post count is still too low.
    That probably has something to do with the fact they said Dragon Soul would be the only way to get the epic gems...