dual monitors and GPU

sooo i just hooked up a second monitor just as a web broswer screen while playing WoW but my GPU is at 79 degrees 74% load fan speed 80% and all it is for web browsing? is this meant to happen if so is it good for my GPU? they seem very high for just dual monitors the card is a GTX 560ti Hawk from MSI

currently monitoring the stats while playing wow without the second monitor to see if there is a difference, maybe its just a hot humid night thats making it like this o.O?

---------- Post added 2011-10-14 at 06:54 PM ----------

lol wow i turn v sync back on and an instant 10 degrees drop, wtf? i didnt know it had that much impact

alright nevermind i've read almost everywhere jsut now that GPU's run alot hotter than CPU's and that 70 degrees is not great but it's not overheating either, so yeah
    Last edited by Cleetuss; 2011-10-14 at 09:03 AM.

Having web browser up will take less than 1% of your graphics card's power. The problem is that WoW is running at unrestricted speed when it's on background. Go to advanced video settings and turn maximum background framerate to something sane like 20, that will let the graphics card to wind down when the game is not active.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

my background fps is actually disabled

If it's disabled, it's unlimited. You need to manually limit it.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

alright i put it on about 20 its still chillin on about 62 degrees while playing