Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    dont back peddle, strafe or use a cancel cast macro
    Whats the difference between using strafe and backpeddle to interrupt a cast?

Deleted
    Start casting, then cancel around 40% and use an instant spell.

You´ll have to learn when they interrupt and how often.

Wave your arms around and look angry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneglzilla View Post
    It's all about timing. Fake casting when kick (or whatever) is on cooldown wont really help much. You also need some competent opponents, otherwise they'll probaly just random interrupt.. Not to mention, it depends on what your casting. Some teams would rather interrupt your cyclone than your heals, stuff like that. There's not really any 'trick' to it, you start a cast and then you cancel it. No need for a macro really..
    You definitly need InterruptBar though.

I get halfway through the cast, move, then cast a real one, then do it again in case they didn't silence the first one

download interruptbar so you know when they interrupted and how long until you have to fake-cast again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gd888 View Post
    download interruptbar so you know when they interrupted and how long until you have to fake-cast again
    This sucks in lower brackets and battlegrounds though. People are not experienced and interrupts will be pretty random.

Best bet is to hardcast a slow spell by purpose of a different spellschool and see if people interupt it. Arcaneblast for frostmage for example.
    If people interupt, fakecast, otherwise, just hardcast.

To fakecast, just start casting a spell and around 30%-40% you interupt your own cast by moving, jumping, etc... When you do that, don't start casting a new spell immediately. Because of lagg someone might interupt your real cast instead of your fakecast.

Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    This sucks in lower brackets and battlegrounds though. People are not experienced and interrupts will be pretty random.

Best bet is to hardcast a slow spell by purpose of a different spellschool and see if people interupt it. Arcaneblast for frostmage for example.
    If people interupt, fakecast, otherwise, just hardcast.

To fakecast, just start casting a spell and around 30%-40% you interupt your own cast by moving, jumping, etc... When you do that, don't start casting a new spell immediately. Because of lagg someone might interupt your real cast instead of your fakecast.
    I do this from time to time on my mage except I use fireball instead of AB. Getting the arcane tree locked out is bad news. At lower brackets people will interrupt nearly any cast they are able to so I might get silenced for a couple of seconds but otherwise it was a wasted interrupt. I sometimes opt for this over fake-casting because I'm too impatient and make it obvious that I'm fake casting.

Quote Originally Posted by XanKriegor View Post
    NOTE:I have never really played a caster in PvP always melee

I have a fully geared basic vicous s10 resto (druid) set with 2 peices of ruthless have about 4k resil and 116k mana.

And I want to learn how to fake cast. I can never seem to do it correctly,I try casting for a few seconds then like backing up but DPS never seem to fall for it,they always get me when I'm casting.

Does it require a macro in EVERY SINGLE one of my heals? or could I just cast for a few seconds and easily jump?
    First of all, never "back up". First improvement can be made by unbinding your S key. Strafe or jump.

Fake-casting is just a mind game. Cast a little bit, cast a lot-a-bit.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //