Page 35 of 63 FirstFirst ...
25
33
34
35
36
37
45
... LastLast
  1. #681
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagittary View Post
    It's a 1.5 second cast time modified by haste. You're losing a full GCD + latency, plus it interrupts your melee swings which is your highest damage source by far (except execute in rare cases). Got to be careful on spirit kings though, since it does damage, it still procs the shield, and then removes the debuff.
    Not to mention the rage cost.

  2. #682
    Hi guys, would love if people could give me a shove in the right direction, Ive been doing what I feel is particularly poorly recently, I feel could do with a couple of pointers to help me tighten up my play.

    Here are my guilds logs from last night, my armory is in my signature.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/tg2qazocsme378gw/

    Thanks very much.

  3. #683
    Hi guys, i was looking for response on my idea for increased DPS:

    I was wondering, isnt it better to save Raging Blow! stacks for the colossus smash?

    Scenario: You have less than 11 seconds cd left on CS (Raging Blow! duration is 11 seconds) and you crit with BT, you save the stack for when you have CS ready instead of wasting it on a target without the CS debuff, shouldnt this increase your DPS significally?

    This would obviously not be worth it if you get more than 2 stacks while waiting for CS.

    Thoughts?
    Bang bang

  4. #684
    Everyone already saves one RB charge for CS.

  5. #685
    Noticed previously your fury was tanking. I suggest to let ur fury go arms. Fury rotation is much harder to perfect. I suspect that given his current level dps experience, arms maybe better for him. He can take tips from your other arms warrior. Anyways, your roster seems good enough , why not let him tank and get another dps replacement?

    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    I'm in general looking to find out why our Fury warrior is considerably lower than where he could be on every fight.

    World of Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/36207/
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zadin/advanced

    I know for a while his gear was lacking, but now he's caught up a bit... so still trying to figure out what he's doing (or not doing) to cause the issue.

  6. #686
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    Hi guys, i was looking for response on my idea for increased DPS:

    I was wondering, isnt it better to save Raging Blow! stacks for the colossus smash?

    Scenario: You have less than 11 seconds cd left on CS (Raging Blow! duration is 11 seconds) and you crit with BT, you save the stack for when you have CS ready instead of wasting it on a target without the CS debuff, shouldnt this increase your DPS significally?

    This would obviously not be worth it if you get more than 2 stacks while waiting for CS.

    Thoughts?
    I'd advise reading the past 5-6 pages of this thread. Should answer any/all questions.

  7. #687
    Quote Originally Posted by Mataru View Post
    You seem to have the fundamentals all in order, don't use Leap when charging tho, use it inbetween GCDs during CS. Since you have feather you could try doing Dragon Roar at the end of your CD window instead of at the start as is standard. The extra 15k str or so will make it hit significantly harder(I dont have feather myself so haven't tested first hand). In general your damage doesn't seem low for your gear level. Remember 2handers do a bit less dps on single target, and you don't have 4piece yet either. In any case don't fret cause you can't keep up with a rogue, they are simply stronger than us at the moment, especially when you don't have heroic weapons. If you execute your rotation the way you have described in your post you should be doing dps close to your realistic max. Ofc there are always small tweaks you can do fight to fight and just work on optimizing your rage pooling etc.

    As for delaying CDs to sync with trinkets, it should be a dps increase as long as you don't delay so much that you lose out on a potential extra use, i.e 1min over the course of a fight for BB/DR.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely check out delaying DR until I the end of Bloodbath for the increased Str from feathers, great idea.

  8. #688
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Daergar View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely check out delaying DR until I the end of Bloodbath for the increased Str from feathers, great idea.
    Honestly unless feather has just proced at the start of a fight, or right near execute phase I'll very rarely delay DR to line with it, because it tends to mess with other things more than it helps. yes, if done well it'll lead to a DPS gain, but the potential to mess up and cost more DPS if not done right is fairly high.

  9. #689
    Powerauras and weakauras used to tell us when to use our Cooldowns but with the trinkets we have in 5.2.. It becomes increasingly difficult to align them. Eg our jikun feathers

  10. #690
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    Powerauras and weakauras used to tell us when to use our Cooldowns but with the trinkets we have in 5.2.. It becomes increasingly difficult to align them. Eg our jikun feathers
    Again, you DO NOT change your rotation based on trinket procs except in a very few, very select circumstances.

  11. #691
    I hate the feeling of being towards the bottom of the meter and being carried. Looking for help to change that.
    Armory Link - us battle net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Kodeine/simple
    Logs - worldoflogs com/reports/37lcrj9ps0ury81j/

    Opener:
    Battle Shout - Prepot - Heroic Throw - Charge - Blood Thirst - CDs (Reck,BB,DR,SB) - Colossus Smash - Raging Blow - Berserker Rage/Bloodthirst -(May switch in rotation if I don't have 2 procs of RB or not.) Raging Blow - Raging Blow.

    Rotation:
    Colossus Smash - Raging Blow - Bloodthirst/BerserkerRage - Raging Blow - Raging Blow.
    Heroic Strike in between GCDs and to avoid hitting full rage. Wild Strikes during Bloodsurge proc but secondary to Raging Blow if i can get 2 procs before Colossus Smash is up.

    Currently TG 2h but trying to transition to SMF (have 1 weap just need another). Also just need t15 shoulder token to complete the T15 4 piece.

    If there's anything that i can do to improve as a player please let me know!

  12. #692
    KoWarr. I'm going to let the experts pick through your logs. Looking at it quickly I can see that you are definitely not doing something right. You out gear me by 6 Ilvls and I pull more than you. If you care to compare (keep in mind I am no expert) here's my info for you to see my logs. Crucious > Area 52 > Amicus Fortis. At a quick glance I would suggest putting Dancing Steel on both your weapons rather than Windsong.

    Lastly - glad Im not the only one that can't get a head piece upgrade.

  13. #693
    Quote Originally Posted by KoWarr3 View Post
    I hate the feeling of being towards the bottom of the meter and being carried. Looking for help to change that.
    Armory Link - us battle net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Kodeine/simple
    Logs - worldoflogs com/reports/37lcrj9ps0ury81j/

    Opener:
    Battle Shout - Prepot - Heroic Throw - Charge - Blood Thirst - CDs (Reck,BB,DR,SB) - Colossus Smash - Raging Blow - Berserker Rage/Bloodthirst -(May switch in rotation if I don't have 2 procs of RB or not.) Raging Blow - Raging Blow.

    Rotation:
    Colossus Smash - Raging Blow - Bloodthirst/BerserkerRage - Raging Blow - Raging Blow.
    Heroic Strike in between GCDs and to avoid hitting full rage. Wild Strikes during Bloodsurge proc but secondary to Raging Blow if i can get 2 procs before Colossus Smash is up.

    Currently TG 2h but trying to transition to SMF (have 1 weap just need another). Also just need t15 shoulder token to complete the T15 4 piece.

    If there's anything that i can do to improve as a player please let me know!
    Sorry for a slow response, was hoping someone better than me would take this one.

    In your opener, you want to use reck after you drop dragon roar, rather than before as it wastes a high-crit cooldown on an ability that always crits anyway the way you describe it. Your Csmash peaks overall seem pretty fine, but i'm wondering if you're pooling full rage for them and making sure to get off both 3x RB and 4x heroic strike inside the CS window? Your bloodthirst usage seems to be pretty close to on cooldown which is good. Your executes when I look at overall damage also seem a bit meh, are you making sure to line up cooldowns+the second pot on your executes as well as starting the execute phase with full rage and landing as many executes as possible on a colossus smash? It feels like it's either that or someone is letting sunders fall off for you which would be very strange considering your glyph.

    I'd also suggest trying to work more heroic leaps into your damage rotation, on durumu you only got 2 off during a 6.5min fight, you should be landing at least one per minute. I would also argue that you're being held back by your off-hand weapon, you should notice a significant spike in damage if you manage to upgrade it.

    Hope this helps at least a bit.

  14. #694
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,943
    Don't HT before charge. Don't use reck before DR. Don't pop CDs right after your first BT, wait 2 BT cycles to get more rage, trinket/weapon procs, and ensure you have a RB saved.

  15. #695
    wait 2 BT cycles to get more rage, trinket/weapon procs, and ensure you have a RB saved.
    Even if feather didn't proc on pull?

  16. #696
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Distinkt View Post
    Even if feather didn't proc on pull?
    Yes, if feather proced on pull I'd end up waiting 3 BT cycles, or else dumping DR at the very end when feather was 9-10 stacks. This would clip reck and DR, but that GCD would be used on BT anyway, and even if that BT crits you'd just be using the RB right off since it can't be saved for next CS, so it's moot.

  17. #697
    Hello, i'm a warrior dps since MOP and i know i till have some improvement to do, but i would like to know why i'm not regular. I'm sometimes i can pull a decent dps and sometimes i'm doing shit.

    Sorry about my english i'm french.
    there's a link, i can't give you any direct link since it's my first post.

    raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/conseil%20des%20ombres/terkhal/

    Btw i'm using the T12 with my prepot to gain the 10% damage buff, does it worth it since i usually wait for the third BT (Feather stacking) to let my opening burst goes.

    Do i burst at the start of jinrokh HM or shall i wait for the water buff ?


    Thx for any feedback provided !
    Last edited by terkhal; 2013-05-28 at 10:57 AM.

  18. #698
    CD usage on Jin'rokh depends a lot on fight duration. Ideally you want your 3min CDs up for execute phase while in a pool. From there you work out if you can wait for the first pool or if you need to blow CDs on the pull.

  19. #699
    I never played war past 40lvl so maybe u can help with my friend.
    I think he can do more.

    Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Aeldarian/advanced
    Last logs: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0gqtkufpt0dil40h/

    Thx for any help

  20. #700
    Pit Lord Archimtiros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,393
    Quote Originally Posted by terkhal View Post
    Do i burst at the start of jinrokh HM or shall i wait for the water buff ?


    Thx for any feedback provided !
    Save your CD's for the first pool. Your 3m CD's will be up by the time the third pool comes up. You really need to decide for yourself when to use them again but depending on how fast your groups DPS is, you will want to save your next set until he is sub 20% and your in a pool.

    Pro tip: Do not run out of the water as soon as you get Ionization. Instead watch the buff tick down and heroic leap out of the pool when it has ~3 seconds left, pop defensive stance when it blows then get back in for more damage before lightning storm. Alternately you can use DBTS and Zerker stance the ionization for more rage, but I prefer to play safe and save the CD for dancing in lightning storm.
    Just make sure your guildies know not to dispel you inside the pool!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •