Page 37 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hey all. Thanks for taking the time to help out fellow warriors. I'm currently 3/13 Heroic, but am wondering if anyone has tips for me to improve. My numbers are consistent in my group, and I've ranked on a few fights here and there, but I'd love some tips. My logs from this week can be found here http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/wppsn6c1fvcmcc00/ and my armory is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...neyards/simple

I've also been toying around with different trinkets. I have Talisman, Gaze, SPA, and Feather trinkets, all double upgraded, but usually end up with Gaze/Feather. Feather pisses me the hell off because it procs at the worst times, but I know it's still the best. As far as the other 3, I'd love to hear what other warriors are doing. Thanks in advance

Boneyards

Deleted
    Thank you guys for the help. Talking this out will be fun.. sighh... (he still is the same person though)

No way man. Just tell him to actually do his class homework and you should be good.
    tsbgkr covered the basics.
    If he also used glyph of heavy reprecussions he'd do a hell of a lot more shield slam damage by using shield block. And while shield block might reduce less damage than barrier, it would smooth out incoming damage, making him easier to heal.

Basically Shield Block to reduce melee damage, and barrier for magic.

I'm kind of starting to wonder if maybe I'm being a baddie with how I was out DPSed by my guild's feral Druid, who I managed to stay more mobile than and have better up time on Lei Shen on my guild's successful attempt. I was better geared than him at the time because of my 608 cloak, but he still managed to handily out DPS me on the fight. I decided to run both of our characters through Simcraft and it gave me back that in optimal conditions I should be at 185704 and the Druid at 147029, which seems somewhat strange to me, but still leaves me concerned. I admit that my rotation might not be as optimal because I tend to not be as disciplined with CS burning as I'd like to be, but I didn't think that it had hurt me that much until just now. Anyone mind looking at my logs for Lei Shen and tell me if I'm that bad?

Log for successful Lei Shen: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-sa...?s=6208&e=6781
    Said druid: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sdaan/advanced
    My character(armory doesn't show Meta gem on the 516 helm for some reason, but rest assured I'm using the legendary one): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vera/advanced

Bladestorm is nice for Lei shen as the 1.5 min cd lines up nice with the 45sec cd on ball lightning. I would use your last reck at 20% instead of 30% and your CS timing seems a bit off, your last reck is used just when CS wears off maybe make a macro that includes /cast CS. Heroic strike damage is half of what it should be but that might just be the amount of rage used on whirlwind.

Deleted
    He pooled his energy and destroyed you on the adds, did twice as much damage to them. He also did 20% more damage to Lei Shen, that's why you have such a big difference there.

When he's simmed at <150k dps there's one simple solution, your simcraft doesn't have a proper rotation for him. Just check the overall rankings, feral can keep up with fury rather easily.

150k on Lei Shen seems good, lots of downtimes with the intermissions but if you want to compete you need to go for the adds as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    He pooled his energy and destroyed you on the adds, did twice as much damage to them. He also did 20% more damage to Lei Shen, that's why you have such a big difference there.

When he's simmed at <150k dps there's one simple solution, your simcraft doesn't have a proper rotation for him. Just check the overall rankings, feral can keep up with fury rather easily.

150k on Lei Shen seems good, lots of downtimes with the intermissions but if you want to compete you need to go for the adds as well.
    It depends what DPS numbers you use, as a future note. Recounts DPS amount is a factor of time doing damage and damage done, whereas WOL uses time in the fight and damage done, so they often have some differences on a fight with downtime. Just a note for others looking.

Thanks for the analysis. I might use bladestorm if my guild goes back in there any time soon, but I doubt we will because we started on Jin Heroic. I tried focusing my CS burn a little more during my guild's first night on him, but found myself often getting rage capped while trying to maintain a balance with Raging blow buffs. I might try to work with Weak Auras to try and make that a bit easier. I probably should have worked out my cooldown timing better with that CS, we were just so close and I kind of lost track of what was going on in the race.

Okay, I've got another question, but this time it's less about me and more about a guildmate who also plays fury. For a while now I've been out DPSing him, even when he out geared me, and at first I thought it was because he wasn't using Heroic Strike. I learned this was because he didn't realize it was off the GCD and has since started to weave it into his rotation. I do out gear him by quite a bit now, having only two pieces that aren't 530 or higher(boots and helm, both of which are 516 heroic scenario pieces) while he's still in some LFR pieces, but it still seems to me that he's pulling less DPS than he should. On my guild's first successful 25 man heroic Jin kill he was around 90k dps behind me, and I'm not entirely sure if this is just because of his gear or because of his rotation.

Log for Jin:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ii...?s=7056&e=7389
    Armory for said guildmate:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadowsong/Dirtypw/advanced/
    And mine again, just incase:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vera/advanced

Some of it I imagine is our active time on the boss, which I think might him simply turning away or moving too far way from Jin to get a dispell. I do know at one point he got stunned by Thundering Throw because the logs show he generated 15 age from Unbridled Wrath, which is a simple mistake but I don't think would count for so much, but beyond that I'm at a loss. Do his numbers seem about right for a TG at his gear level on this boss, or am I just not seeing what he's doing wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    9 times out of 10 if a Fury warrior is doing bad DPS, it's because he's terrible. Have him read the guide on these forums, since he's doing everything wrong.

Ye looked at his logs, he's just a really bad warrior.

Which isn't surprising, there are very few (if any) what I'd call average warriors. There are good warriors, and there are bad ones.

If he takes a look at the guide and makes an effort to understand HOW the class works, instead of only copying things he'll do better. If after that he still wants help have him add me in game and we can spend an hour or two on mumble/skype/vent trying to fix his DPS. But he needs to understand the spec first, or it'll be a waste of time.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 05:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by VerasGunn View Post
    I was afraid of that. I was hoping I was just expecting more from him than I should, but I guess I was really just trying to give him too much benefit of the doubt. Now I have to figure out a way to say "Hey, you should check out this guide on how to play" without sounding like remotely like an asshole.
    Just tell him he's bad and he needs to work on it. If he thinks he's good and gets offended, he's delusional. If he's bad and knows it he should accept it.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2013-06-28 at 09:47 PM.

I have a minor question about arms stat priority and I didn't want to start a new thread about it:

I've never really found a clear answer on mastery vs haste, and mostly I've seen either mastery = haste, or mastery > haste, but I was wondering with rppm trinkets and the t15 two piece if haste > mastery. Simcraft continues to say I'd gain about a thousand dps (lol) if I reforged full mastery. I understand mastery is slightly better per point for sudden death procs but if I could get a ruling on this. And yea I'm going fury as soon as I get a decent offhand ok. Armory for reference: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uanzu/advanced

I talked to him, mentioned that he should check out a guide, which thankfully he seemed to be thinking about doing at that time anyway. I can't say how much it'll help, but hopefully it will. If not then, you know, I tried, which I'm sure not everyone would do for their most direct competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Agartha View Post
    I have a minor question about arms stat priority and I didn't want to start a new thread about it:

I've never really found a clear answer on mastery vs haste, and mostly I've seen either mastery = haste, or mastery > haste, but I was wondering with rppm trinkets and the t15 two piece if haste > mastery. Simcraft continues to say I'd gain about a thousand dps (lol) if I reforged full mastery. I understand mastery is slightly better per point for sudden death procs but if I could get a ruling on this. And yea I'm going fury as soon as I get a decent offhand ok. Armory for reference: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uanzu/advanced
    Simcraft is the best answer you're gonna get. Where do you think people who write mastery = haste or mastery > haste get their info from? They either pull it out of their ass, or use simcraft. With your current gear Mastery slightly edges out haste with 0.49 SEP vs. 0.46 SEP, so yes going for mastery would give you a small dps increase. If you are going Fury, Mastery will be even better so you might aswell go in that direction.

Hello all,

I'd love if someone could help me out with my issues. Playing as fury, I just feel like I could be pulling way bigger numbers with the gear I have. I have read every single fury guide out there (they've helped quite a bit, but I still feel like my DPS is underwhelming compared to equally-geared warriors), know all my stat priorities, know how my class/spec work, yet I feel like I could be doing more.

Here's my armory: battle.net/wow/en/character/azralon/Rage/advanced

Let's take our last Twin Consorts kill as an example: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-p784md47p676jovv/dashboard/?s=595&e=1111

Our slightly better geared warrior usually pulls 170k on this fight, so the gap is much bigger than it should be (he's 3 ilvls ahead of me, and has heroic feathers).

One of the things I feel hinder my performance is latency (~150ms on idle, however it jumps to ~300ms during a fight), but I don't think that's should have much impact, if any.

The main things I know I can improve on is cooldown management and maybe enrage uptime (uptime was ~76% for that fight, and even though there are some downtimes when you have to move to a comet etc, thus making it impossible to keep casting BT, I've seen parses of equally-geared warriors with ~85% uptime on this fight, and I know that for patchwerk-style fights my gear should hover me at ~90% uptime). I also think that my rotation during execute phase is a bit clumsy, but not really sure what I'm doing wrong.

However I feel like I'm missing something other than what I mentioned, and hopefully you guys will be able to point it out to me.

Thank you!

Hi Superstars!

I've been following this forum since mop went into beta testing but have always been able to answer questions by reading the great posts you guys put up

i want to know if my damage=my gear or am i missing something in my fights?

i use need to know to track trinket procs icds and spell cds

worldoflogs com/guilds/58996/
    Tyranoid khaz'goroth us

I will be going smf this week but im trying to see why I'm 95%+ of the rank limit on normal fights but 80ish or less on heroics?

Cheers
    Last edited by Tyra; 2013-07-02 at 08:22 AM. Reason: tidy up post from phone

Whilst dps ain't necessarily bad, need advice on how to push it up further. Here are three logs qon,Twins and Leishen. On the fight with me is a very seasoned fury warrior so theres good opportunity to cross analyze. Could someone teach me how to analyze logs? Or tell me where I should be focussing on (rotation, cd timing etc)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kjwwy3vbrmkt84gp/

Sincerely want to improve. Thanks.
    Last edited by senturion; 2013-07-02 at 02:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So fatkid didn't end up moving to OR huh. I thought he was OR's third choice when I decided to stay with KT.

Anyway if you want to chat over skype I can give you some help with basic log looking over. Line by line takes a shit ton of time and I generally don't do that on top of normal help, since it would add another few hours to check over everything lol.

Fatkid is a cool dude.. With him on the team I've learnt alot. I wish to learn the basics on how to analyze logs .. DF: our time zones are quite far apart.. I'm oceanic and you are US I presume? Could you teach me the basics via pm? Maybe I'll Skype you over the weekend

I need help with my DPS, I have originally played prot throughout the expansions but went Fury for MOP and have had struggles with it throughout the tiers. My dps was adequate but never that great. I want to improve as a player and increase my dps for my guilds progression and top the meters if possible. I'm willing to put in the time to practice a new rotation if needed! My problem is that I can have substantial dps in the beginning of the fight but it dies down in the middle and then plateaus landing me near the bottom of the meters most of the time. Due to this I have seen less progression attempts which is very new to me and I would like to become a much better fury warrior.

I cant post any armory links but my character name is NØbu on Whisperwind
    My logs cant be posted, but my guild is called Salary Capped on Whisperwind!
    My ilvl is 522, giving me easy opportunities to parse higher than I am, so I would like to know what im doing wrong, most likely my rotation im guessing!
    Please lemme know what I can do to improve, much appreciated!

I have a question about BT and RB while at 2 stacks.

For example: Charge > BT > Filler > CD's DragonRoar > BT . If you have 2 stacks of RB do you spend one and delay CS by one GCD, or do you just CS and probably waste a charge of RB if it crits. This applies to other parts in the warrior priority rotation.

Also, is it worth de-syncing your 1min cds to use DR at 10stacks of Feather buff? I.e is the feather rotation higher dps at the start?