Page 38 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyss View Post
    I have a question about BT and RB while at 2 stacks.

For example: Charge > BT > Filler > CD's DragonRoar > BT . If you have 2 stacks of RB do you spend one and delay CS by one GCD, or do you just CS and probably waste a charge of RB if it crits. This applies to other parts in the warrior priority rotation.

Also, is it worth de-syncing your 1min cds to use DR at 10stacks of Feather buff? I.e is the feather rotation higher dps at the start?
    if im wrong im sorry, but what i do is Charge > BT > Filler > CD's DragonRoar > CS
    with 4 set your cs will have 100% crit chance as long as you have 28-30%+ crit unbuffed, so their is your second RB stack, then just use rb stacks and when your enrage has 1 sec left your cs should have 2/2.5 seconds left so you hit zerker rage for another rb and more enrage uptime without having to waste your cs time on soft bt hits

as for your 1 minute cd's, its worth desyncing by like 5-8 seconds for feather, hit bloodbath at 7 stacks and roar at 10 and it will still be inside the bloodbath, but i wouldnt keep my roar/bb off cd longer than 10 seconds waiting for stacks to build.

Hi, I did the simulationcraft and it gave me a estimated dps output of around 160k. However I've only once managed to get 150k dps for one fight and that was against twin consorts, on average I can do around 140k. I'm not far off but I still think I should be doing more with my gear as it is. Did get 142k on LFR Lei Shen, even through his transitions.

I haven't been fury that long, I was originally Arms for a long time, so I'm still getting the hang of fury.

Here is my armory link - us.battle.net/wow/en/character/khazgoroth/%C3%96odle/simple

Currently SMF, however I also have a 530 Zerat, Malakk's Soulburning Greatsword and recently got a Greatsword of Frozen Hells, it's un-upgraded as I was told SMF is better, was wondering if maybe I should make the switch, from what I've read SMF is better though.

If everything goes right I can burst up to 300k dps. One thing I don't do (unless for gap closing) is heroic leap, but I see people saying to use it as part of normal rotation. So against a boss like durumu should I say stay at decent range (due to his huge hitbox) and use heroic leaps for extra dps? Also as part of burst dps no one seems to mention heroic strike, but I'm always overflowing with rage that I end up spamming that move quite a bit.

My Hit is also quite high, but the only thing I can do to fix that is remove 2 gems, not gonna make that much of a difference.
    I want the T15 4set, would the best piece to lose be the helm? Crown of the Golden Golem seems best (if it drops for me). However theres also the legs that Lei Shen drops. It's hard to choose which piece is worth losing for the 4 set. I figured the tier chest can be as good as my TF Talonrender if I only put crit gems, so maybe that would be the best piece to lose, however is losing 180 str worth gaining 320 crit?
    Same question with my current blue gemmed gear, should I lose the 120 str to gain 160 crit? Doesn't seem worth it imo.

edit- 20k doesn't seem that far off now that I understand what simulcraft is doing now, I'm not perfect and not everthing happens as it should. Still think there's ways I can improve though.
    Last edited by oodle; 2013-07-04 at 10:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damosapien View Post
    if im wrong im sorry, but what i do is Charge > BT > Filler > CD's DragonRoar > CS
    with 4 set your cs will have 100% crit chance as long as you have 28-30%+ crit unbuffed, so their is your second RB stack, then just use rb stacks and when your enrage has 1 sec left your cs should have 2/2.5 seconds left so you hit zerker rage for another rb and more enrage uptime without having to waste your cs time on soft bt hits

as for your 1 minute cd's, its worth desyncing by like 5-8 seconds for feather, hit bloodbath at 7 stacks and roar at 10 and it will still be inside the bloodbath, but i wouldnt keep my roar/bb off cd longer than 10 seconds waiting for stacks to build.
    That's a fairly poor opener. And you don't desync anything for feather, you just change the rotation slightly. It's much better to do the normal rotation with CS x3RB into DR at 8 stacks before feather drops and b.rage-4th RB before reck drops than to lose that much BB damage.

1.) Assuming no feather proc on pull (within first 3 GCDs). BT-Free-Free(HT/IV/WS procs)-BT-Free-Free-BT-CDs (save reck)DR-Reck/CS-RB-BT-RB-RB-BT-RB with HL and 4 HS inside CS. Alternately you can reck on the BT but this gets you another RB w/ BR inside reck.

2.) Feather proc on pull. BT-Free-Free-BT-All CDS save DR-CS-RB-BT-RB-RB-B.Rage-DR-RB-BT-RB with 4 HS and a HL inside the CS. This clips reck, but allows a 8-9 stack feather drop of DR. This alternate rotation nets around a 430k harder hitting DR, as well as an extra RB inside reck, at the cost of a BT inside reck (which at this gear level is fairly worthless due to 70%+ crit chance on BT to begin with, and no use for that RB since it can't be saved for next CS phase anyway.)

3.) Feather proc on pull. BT-Free-Free-BT-Free-Free-BT-CDs (save reck)-DR-Reck/CS-RB-BT-RB-RB-BT-RB with HL and 4 HS inside CS. Lower stack of feather on DR, but max usage of reck. Useful for two reasons. 1.) Lower gear levels allows the greatest chance of 3x RB inside CS while allowing a 4th RB in reck if b.rage isn't used 2.) Very similar to 1st rotation, so less likely for people to mess it up depending on how comfortable they are with altering their rotation. SLIGHTLY more 10 second start burst if that is important, but it very rarely is.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    That's a fairly poor opener. And you don't desync anything for feather, you just change the rotation slightly. It's much better to do the normal rotation with CS x3RB into DR at 8 stacks before feather drops and b.rage-4th RB before reck drops than to lose that much BB damage.

2.) Feather proc on pull. BT-Free-Free-BT-All CDS save DR-CS-RB-BT-RB-RB-B.Rage-DR-RB-BT-RB with 4 HS and a HL inside the CS. This clips reck, but allows a 8-9 stack feather drop of DR. This alternate rotation nets around a 430k harder hitting DR, as well as an extra RB inside reck, at the cost of a BT inside reck (which at this gear level is fairly worthless due to 70%+ crit chance on BT to begin with, and no use for that RB since it can't be saved for next CS phase anyway.)
    When I was talking about de syncing cds I was talking about Dragon Roar, Bloodbath, and Synapse Springs. In that rotation it looks like you are using BB/SS about 5 seconds before Dragon roar?

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was talking about de syncing cds I was talking about Dragon Roar, Bloodbath, and Synapse Springs. In that rotation it looks like you are using BB/SS about 5 seconds before Dragon roar?
    Closer to 8 seconds, since I normally drop DR on the last/second to last GCD of banner, but yes.

WHEN you drop DR doesn't matter as far as CDs alone are concerned except that you *generally* don't want to drop it during reck and CS. Thus, as long as you drop DR during SB and BB, doing so when it will have the lowest opportunity cost for that GCD and the highest gain is the goal. So you drop it when feather is high stacks, for a much larger DR hit. The cost is it replaces a BT inside reck, which doesn't matter that much all things considered.

I can't think of a reason to ever desync BB and Springs, though. I'd just macro them together. That being said I don't currently have my 2nd warrior to max engineering yet, so it is possible I am just not thinking of some reason you'd want them separate.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Closer to 8 seconds, since I normally drop DR on the last/second to last GCD of banner, but yes.

WHEN you drop DR doesn't matter as far as CDs alone are concerned except that you *generally* don't want to drop it during reck and CS. Thus, as long as you drop DR during SB and BB, doing so when it will have the lowest opportunity cost for that GCD and the highest gain is the goal. So you drop it when feather is high stacks, for a much larger DR hit. The cost is it replaces a BT inside reck, which doesn't matter that much all things considered.

I can't think of a reason to ever desync BB and Springs, though. I'd just macro them together. That being said I don't currently have my 2nd warrior to max engineering yet, so it is possible I am just not thinking of some reason you'd want them separate.
    Hmm. Thanks. I have a few questions if you get free time.

1) Is it worth delaying CS a few seconds if you are sure you won't get atleast 2-3 RBs in?

2) Is Execute damage without CS better than using RB/WS/Fillers? is it better to follow the normal "don't execute until CS" rule?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. Thanks. I have a few questions if you get free time.

1) Is it worth delaying CS a few seconds if you are sure you won't get atleast 2-3 RBs in?

2) Is Execute damage without CS better than using RB/WS/Fillers? is it better to follow the normal "don't execute until CS" rule?

1.) You delay CS if you don't have 1 RB going into the BT before the CS. At least at lower crit levels, at higher crit chances with b.rage you may be able to get away with it more often due to 70%+ crit chance on BT, but in general I'd avoid it.

2.) Execute replaces unbuffed WS in execute phase, or spammed during the few seconds you have all CDs running. You pretty much dump RB procs as you get them, and go into CS with full rage so you can CS-EX-EX-EX-EX. Use free WS as allowed in the rotation, it's going to depend. Since you won't be saving RB for CS you'll have fewer free GCDs overall, especially at higher gear levels.

Hey so I have been playing a Fury warrior for some time now. I was wondering if I can get some advice on improving my build especially since my guild is progressing more on Heroic bosses for ToT. I would like to know how to improve DPS output, Any advice to improve DPS will be appreciated (other than gear drops.. I get lucky or I don't sometimes). This is a link to my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...entityy/simple

*Also I logged a DPS fight for Iron Qon a while back before I had some of the gear I have now, so this is the link to it:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5454&e=5892

Let me know if I did something wrong or could have done something better.. so for other fights on heroics I can try to max out. Thank you
    Last edited by mastamind420; 2013-07-10 at 07:06 PM.

I am raid leader for a 10m guild getting ready to start ToT Normal. Been trying out raiders by running ToES this week and wanted to see if I could get some tips for our SMF Warrior. If you want to check his armory the name is Fahbrock on Area-52. Included are the logs from our Tsulong and Lei Shei kills. He was also there for the Elite Protectors kill on Wednesday (logs also posted to WoL).

The warrior's dps has improved but still seems very low for his ilvl. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Fahbrock/advanced
    www.worldoflogs.com/reports/wn36jhckdvkbfktu/

Tell him to read the guide on this forum then practice executing it. Anyone who does that will perform as well as you'd need to in any guild that isn't on the very cutting edge. If that doesn't work he is lazy and/or stupid and can't be helped.

Recently switched from Arms to Fury but given my ilvl of 516 and unbuffed Crit of 27.25% I feel that I'm still not used to the rotation as I'm running anywhere from 110k-130k (seems like it's low for the ilvl) over 5 minutes on target dummies. Don't normally get a chance to test this in a raid environment given that my warrior is my alt and I usually prefer to tank in LFR for faster queues. Might queue for an LFR to get a log for people to analyze.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Trubo/advanced

Deleted
    What numbers do you expect on a dummy?

300 seconds
    +sunder armor
    +attackpower
    +physical vulnerability
    +skull banner
    -execute (!)
    = 115k

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    What numbers do you expect on a dummy?

300 seconds
    +sunder armor
    +attackpower
    +physical vulnerability
    +skull banner
    -execute (!)
    = 115k
    Didn't know what numbers to expect. The few warriors we have in guild aren't really available to talk to outside of raids. But if 115k DPS pre-execute is normal then I guess I don't have much to worry about.

Hey Warriors! Long time Shadowpriest, newly armed warrior here. Im making the swap to Warrior come 5.4, and have started to gear up in raids now. I recently snuck in our guilds 10m clear this past week on the fights that had gear my warrior could use. Ive done research, watched videos, studied Icy-veins. Currently, his iLVL is 517-ish. Just curious if someone had a spare moment to take a glance at my WoL's and see if I have the basic concept of playing the warrior. Obviously, the gear is hit or miss right now. Its a mix of LFR, Normal, and Heroic Scenario.

Feel free to make any suggestions to help me out. I know Fury is better for a lot of fights, but only having 1 LFR 2H, and a ThunderForged 1-H doesn't give me much le-way. Hopefully I'm in the ballpark of things I should be doing. If something looks off, I'm curious to know....Otherwise, its back to the ole SPriest.

WoL
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/x1q3j...8/?s=536&e=792

Armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Fuubar/simple

Hi I was just wondering if im geared properly enough for starting fury or if I should just stick arms atm.

Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omplatz/simple

If i go fury I have http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/96004 and http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/98277

On the dummies I pull a consistent 105kish dps as arms, while in fury I get around 90kish.
    Just want to Know if fury would be viable for the gear I have. I did not pop any cds just pure rotation on this.
    Last edited by Raunchy; 2013-07-18 at 08:05 PM.

Fury should be better at your ilvl Raunchy 25% crit is enough but the more the better, specially since you waste 1500 hit rating as arms. Few things that are off though you're not expertise capped fix that with reforges, your 2 professions suck can easily get a 1-2k more dps for each, spark of zandalar isn't great replace it with feather or gaze trinket if you can.
    On a dummy you're missing buffs which has a bigger impact on fury then on arms and fury rotation is less forgiving.

@fubar
    Jinrokh: Why are you using thunderclap? Use reck and bloodbath together and your last reck/bloodbath don't have a CS debuff. The rest looks fairly decent little low on heroic strikes
    Horridon: you're forgetting bloodbath only 3 in a 10 min fight, same for berserker rage, could use more sweeping strikes and I wouldn't take shockwave.
    Last edited by bigbad; 2013-07-20 at 09:33 AM.

Just about to hit 90 on my Warrior, was hoping some folks in here might be able to help. I see references to percentages where it seems to suggest it would be wise to switch to Fury... For a fresh 90, should I expect to remain Arms through the gearing process, switching only when I've acquired some more current gear? Strictly PvE here.

Thanks!

Yes, you'll want to be Arms up through 510ish ilvl (or some people say 25% crit unbuffed). You can of course play whatever you want, but Fury is frustrating and lame when you dont have high enough crit chance to perform the rotation properly. Arms is a lot of fun and doesn't rely on gear to complete the rotation. Only difference when you make the switch from Arms to Fury will be changing from Crit > Haste > Mastery (Arms) reforge into Crit > Mastery > Haste (Fury). Gems and gear are almost entirely the same for the two specs. Good luck

Gentlemen (and ladies?),

I'm a guild officer and I need some assistance if possible. I have two warriors that are way farther apart on the meter than I think they should be. Any input would be appreciated. We really want to help the low guy bring his dps up.

Sorry can't post links yet.

worldoflogs dot com/reports/rt-hp6opgjptvcsxj8j/sum/damageDone/?s=2957&e=3657 - Logs from Horridon(H) this week

us.battle dot net/wow/en/character/eonar/Massacre/advanced - Armory link for Massacre
    us.battle dot net/wow/en/character/eonar/Darkripper/advanced - Armory link for Darkripper

raidbots dot com/comparebot/51f03aef74254e6a6b0003fb#damage - Comparebot analysis of their two logs

Massacre has worked with Darkripper and we've some improvement but not enough. Any advice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well for one, tell him to stop using recklessness glyph.

Logs from horridon aren't really useful for single target, since the percentage of damage is scewed. It'd be better if you had some from meg or durumu or IQ.