Page 52 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In addition to my DPS woes, should I cancel bladestorm after MC's go down
    Only when your enrage drops or you would delay CS. Otherwise keep spinning until one of these conditions is met.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedya View Post
    You should only raging blow if you have two procs of it up or the procs won't last to the next CS -- reason being that you'll always want to save a RB proc for the CS window if you can so that you can get 2-3 RBs (with BzR) along with the storm bolt (assuming you can clip the CS with the third before it falls off). I typically don't rely on CS providing a RB proc.

Inside CS - BT, CS, SB (574 eye trink) RB, BT < RB(if CS crits), RB. HS throughout the entirety of rotation and adding Heroic Leap.
    Once again, assuming you crit on your BT, and assuming you saved a RB, you should almost always go into the CS rotation with 2 RBs. That way you can BzR if it's up for a 3rd RB or simply continue doing your rotation. According to Landsoul: "Proper setup of a CSdebuff relies on understanding what exactly can fit inside.
    Due to server processing, there is a small delay in between when CS is used and put on cooldown on the player interface side, and when the CSdebuff actually appears on the target and starts counting down its duration. This allows for a 4th GCD to be supplied with the debuff. Having the 4th GCD available for use under the CSdebuff is absolutely required for carrying out good CS combos and proper Fury play in general." That means, if the stars align and you have a BzR up, you can do a SB and 3 RBs -- not too shabby...
    You have a bad CS rotation. By going CS RB BT SB RB, you won't waste a RB procc.

Afaik the "save 1 RB procc for CS" is outdated since 5.4 due to SB and our high crit chance. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    Only when your enrage drops or you would delay CS. Otherwise keep spinning until one of these conditions is met.

You have a bad CS rotation. By going CS RB BT SB RB, you won't waste a RB procc.

Afaik the "save 1 RB procc for CS" is outdated since 5.4 due to SB and our high crit chance. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Save 1 RB proc is still valid -- it's the only way to reliably get a SB and 3 RB in a CS if you have BzR up.
    <Royal Militia> - 14/14H, US22 10m, is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedya View Post
    Save 1 RB proc is still valid -- it's the only way to reliably get a SB and 3 RB in a CS if you have BzR up.
    No, its not. You lose too many RB procs that way from CS crits. You want to hit CS with only 1 RB proc, from the BT before critting.

Sup,

Been lurking for a bit and finally got some logs up to ask for advice. Been raiding in normal with a guild group and I feel like my dps isn't where it should be, but then again I am not sure. I simc for 305k patchwerk style fight and I only pulled about 254k DPS on Jugg. I know that I do not use HL for dps during fights as I tend to keep it for movement and it just feels a bit awkward.

I try and keep to BT CS RB BT SB RB (HS on cd during CS). I mess up sometimes on the SB. Don't know if the CD doesn't line up properly or what or if my UI is a bit delayed.

Keep in mind that I play with about 250ms ping if that makes any difference (it feels like my cooldowns are done sooner/stuff doesn't quite activate when I press them, ping etc).

Spec: Fury
    iLvl: 561
    Yes I know I have a pvp neck, its the best thing I have gotten/dropped aside from the timeless neck.
    Any tips, advice, help etc.

Armory:
    wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/Kluchyarms/advanced

Jugg log:
    worldoflogs.com/reports/fuwmd0waz5mdq0zx/analyze/dd/source/?s=1887&e=2258

Raid log:
    worldoflogs.com/reports/fuwmd0waz5mdq0zx/
    Sorry about the links, I don't have enough posts to post links yet. Added www(dot) infront of the WoL links and eu(dot)battle(dot)net/ infront of the armory one.
    Last edited by Kluchy; 2014-04-03 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Fixed stuff

Deleted
    nice v nice

Quote Originally Posted by Kluchy View Post
    snippity snip.
    1) No heroic leap used to DPS. Totally forgivable, it's not really a big deal but it does help. Just be sure to do it when you finally get your...

1.A) 2 PIECE. GET IT GET IT GET IT. COIN CELESTIALS RIGHT NOW BABY.
    It's really good for both specs. Get gloves if you can.

2) You had a tough time with enrages in some spots and used Berserker Rage good enough, it seems. Hard to tell with logs. Your enrage uptime for sub 40% crit is pretty good and I've been there, it sucks. I swear to god I can feel it when I go below 40%.

3) You're an orc and I saw Blood Fury used only Twice. Could have been one more. You did, however, correctly line up Reck(and I assume skull banner, I don't see it on here so I may be blind.) with CS. I can't find a second Potion of Mogu Power being used anywhere.

4) Maybe my math is off but are you using Bloodthirst off cooldown? I can forgive a couple misses due to latency and everybody has the moment where their fingers turn into spaghetti but there could probably be more. It doesn't really look like it.

5) I see more Colossus Smashes than there are Storm Bolts yet you have 561 Evil Eye. That's a big no-no, you're jumping the gun a bit it seems. I wish Logs would let me track what time you used abilities at instead of just buffs gained/debuffs casted.

6) Didn't swap to Berserker Stance for Siege Mode! It's free rage!

7) You only used Bladestorm 4 times? Doesn't it get down to like 42 seconds or something with 561 EEOG? I think you could have used it more, unless you delayed it on purpose to avoid being pushed back in Siege Mode.

I'm too sick to find anything else so here's a start. Hope this helps even a little bit.

Sup,

Thanks for the reply.

1.a) Hah been trying for ages now :/

2) Thanks, good to know I at least got that semi down. I would be above 40% crit I think but simc started pushing my mastery rating up and it dropped me below 40% >>_>>

3) Problem there is that I kinda macro'd it to Recklessness, Skullbanner, Blood Fury, <pot> (when I used pot, took it off because we were kind of farming for a bit and it was getting wasted). Will add pot back in and put Blood Fury on my bar again.

4) I try. I do miss some BT on CD I know. Mainly when I use Wild Strike and Raging Blow outside of CSmash. Will try and watch my GCDs better and fit more in.

5) I think you can make logs show casts. If you put in the spell names aka "". I do miss casting a few inside CSmash. I think its when I csmash the CD on stormbolt is 6/7sec still left and then it can't fit in properly. Habit of casting Csmash on CD. Will work on just waiting that extra beat so it lines up better.

6.) Will do, thanks.

7.) Yeah that is a problem, it feels awkward. I rarely have time to use those 4 bladestorm ticks. I know its better single target than DR if you cancel it after 4 ticks as not not miss BT and Csmash CDs. On jugger I do save it for knockback phase though. I need to work on weaving BS into my rotation. Will work on it.

I think:
    Show events where event type is one of Hit, Miss and source is Kluchyarms and spell is one of Bloodthirst, Colossus Smash, Raging Blow, Heroic Strike, Storm Bolt
    Will show all spells hit/missed for source (me in this case). So I entered the basic rotation. Log Browser on WoL.
    Playing around with that I saw that I miss some RB casts on some CS windows: BT CD HSHSHS BT SB etc. There is some weird delay in my UI, it looks like it casted but is still on GCD then I miss it. This obviously dropped my DPS a lot since there is just a empty few secs in CS window a few times during the fights. Currently working on doing this PROPERLY. WoL is super useful

Thanks for the help, will apply it to our next raid on Sunday and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluchy View Post
    3) Problem there is that I kinda macro'd it to Recklessness, Skullbanner, Blood Fury, <pot> (when I used pot, took it off because we were kind of farming for a bit and it was getting wasted). Will add pot back in and put Blood Fury on my bar again.
    Should probably take Skull Banner and potion out of that. Too important to be left in a "pop everything" macro. Skull Banner(until wod rip) is the best raid DPS cooldown in the game and should be used when your raid needs it, not you specifically! It's okay to have like Synapse(Don't think you're an engi, forgot to check)/BloodFury/Reck bound together, because with an evil eye you can just push the button and it'll use whatever isn't up(ie reck isn't up but Blood Fury is, blood fury will still get used.) Get an addon like TellMeWhen or Weakauras to individually track what spells inside it are up.

Hope this helped again. Good luck in your raid!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neronis View Post
    Should probably take Skull Banner and potion out of that. Too important to be left in a "pop everything" macro. Skull Banner(until wod rip) is the best raid DPS cooldown in the game and should be used when your raid needs it, not you specifically! It's okay to have like Synapse(Don't think you're an engi, forgot to check)/BloodFury/Reck bound together, because with an evil eye you can just push the button and it'll use whatever isn't up(ie reck isn't up but Blood Fury is, blood fury will still get used.) Get an addon like TellMeWhen or Weakauras to individually track what spells inside it are up.

Hope this helped again. Good luck in your raid!
    This is actually mostly untrue. Yes, SB is powerful. No, it is not the most powerful raid CD. No, you should not change how you use it in most cases, as long as you aren't overlapping SB with other warriors. Exception may be made if you have enough shamans. How many, IDK though.

The reason being that while classes benefit from SB, only a few gain a lot from WHEN you pop it, fury warrior, shaman, fire mage, etc. And it is biggest on the pull for all of those, and far smaller later on. So in most cases you are going to be be getting more total DPS out of lining it up correctly for oneself rather than trying to sync it as a raid CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark speaks the truth. There is a misconception about SB that it is HUGE MEGA OMG DPS FOR RAID INCREASE! Really, other than it being popped on the pull, if you line it up with your CDs and trinkets, you will get just about the same raid DPS from it, unless you need it to push a phase or something. So, in short, use it on the pull, then (unless there is another warrior in the group-in which case pre-discuss with them) use it to your benefit, when you can gain the most from it; and you will contribute equally to the raid.
    This is a large reason they are baking the ability into recklessness and taking it away from the raid. They are literally telling us to use as a personal gain; no more "should I save it or use it" type thought.

Ok cool thanks, currently using it on pull with trinkets procced etc. I am the only warr in our group and we have 2 shams, healers though. So no overlapping with other warriors.
    Last edited by Kluchy; 2014-04-07 at 12:53 PM. Reason: removed question, got answer

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post

This is actually mostly untrue. Yes, SB is powerful. No, it is not the most powerful raid CD. No, you should not change how you use it in most cases, as long as you aren't overlapping SB with other warriors. Exception may be made if you have enough shamans. How many, IDK though.

The reason being that while classes benefit from SB, only a few gain a lot from WHEN you pop it, fury warrior, shaman, fire mage, etc. And it is biggest on the pull for all of those, and far smaller later on. So in most cases you are going to be be getting more total DPS out of lining it up correctly for oneself rather than trying to sync it as a raid CD.
    I don't see how lining it up for yourself and the raid can't be one in the same. I would prefer to have around 16 DPS doing more crit damage when asked(of course they will pool their cooldowns as well, I don't know who wouldn't when we know very well when we will need to burst) than using it for my own selfish gain with little warning for everybody else. I would prefer to have it for when we lust on H Klaxxi instead of earlier because I want to do more DPS right that very second. If I am missing something, so is our Raid Leader as we are both Warriors and share the same sentiment. I do exaggerate Skull Banner's potency but it's still strong.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Dark speaks the truth. There is a misconception about SB that it is HUGE MEGA OMG DPS FOR RAID INCREASE! Really, other than it being popped on the pull, if you line it up with your CDs and trinkets, you will get just about the same raid DPS from it, unless you need it to push a phase or something. So, in short, use it on the pull, then (unless there is another warrior in the group-in which case pre-discuss with them) use it to your benefit, when you can gain the most from it; and you will contribute equally to the raid.
    This is a large reason they are baking the ability into recklessness and taking it away from the raid. They are literally telling us to use as a personal gain; no more "should I save it or use it" type thought.
    There are honestly few times when I don't save Skull Banner for the good of the raid, a pseudo "transition" if you will. Killing Korven, for Galakras instead of using it on the several trash packs before or if you're up in the tower, in my old guild I'd delay it to line up with Lust on Rook's Desperate Measures. Any time I would need to use skull banner, I can adjust my play before hand to also be able to CS or whatever. I am truly puzzled. Do you also use Rallying Cry as a personal defensive cooldown along with Shield Wall/DBTS? I am not saying either of you are wrong but I don't understand. Maybe I'm being thick-skulled right now. Would love to hear back from you guys, sorry for a late response.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how lining it up for yourself and the raid can't be one in the same. I would prefer to have around 16 DPS doing more crit damage when asked(of course they will pool their cooldowns as well, I don't know who wouldn't when we know very well when we will need to burst) than using it for my own selfish gain with little warning for everybody else. I would prefer to have it for when we lust on H Klaxxi instead of earlier because I want to do more DPS right that very second. If I am missing something, so is our Raid Leader as we are both Warriors and share the same sentiment. I do exaggerate Skull Banner's potency but it's still strong.

There are honestly few times when I don't save Skull Banner for the good of the raid, a pseudo "transition" if you will. Killing Korven, for Galakras instead of using it on the several trash packs before or if you're up in the tower, in my old guild I'd delay it to line up with Lust on Rook's Desperate Measures. Any time I would need to use skull banner, I can adjust my play before hand to also be able to CS or whatever. I am truly puzzled. Do you also use Rallying Cry as a personal defensive cooldown along with Shield Wall/DBTS? I am not saying either of you are wrong but I don't understand. Maybe I'm being thick-skulled right now. Would love to hear back from you guys, sorry for a late response.
    Comparing a defensive CD and an offensive one are two different things. And yes, if it isn't immediately needed on some fights I will use RC as a personal. But that depends entirely on the fight, etc.

The thing is yes, using SB for yourself will tend to line up with raid/personal CDs. And that's good. You just don't go out of your way to line it up perfectly. And sometimes it is better to save for burn phases, but generally that's for personal use since, once again they line up anyway.

So in 99% of cases, use it personally. We don't have a spine of deathwing this expac.

Comparing a defensive CD and an offensive one are two different things. And yes, if it isn't immediately needed on some fights I will use RC as a personal. But that depends entirely on the fight, etc.

The thing is yes, using SB for yourself will tend to line up with raid/personal CDs. And that's good. You just don't go out of your way to line it up perfectly. And sometimes it is better to save for burn phases, but generally that's for personal use since, once again they line up anyway.

So in 99% of cases, use it personally. We don't have a spine of deathwing this expac.
    I think we're saying almost the same thing, just my dumb ass got confused somewhere down the line lmao. I get what you guys meant now. I was just trying to warn the other guy about using SB willynilly because I see a lot of fledgling Warriors use it at a really bad time just because it's off cooldown. I should watch my wording.

Grats on Klaxxi BTW!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we're saying almost the same thing, just my dumb ass got confused somewhere down the line lmao. I get what you guys meant now. I was just trying to warn the other guy about using SB willynilly because I see a lot of fledgling Warriors use it at a really bad time just because it's off cooldown. I should watch my wording.

Grats on Klaxxi BTW!
    Thanks, was more annoying on my warrior than my DK, although garrosh is way better on warrior than DK. That fight is boring as a DK lol

Thanks, was more annoying on my warrior than my DK, although garrosh is way better on warrior than DK. That fight is boring as a DK lol
    I really hate Klaxxi, honestly. My DPS ends up horrible(okay, it's kinda bad on every other fight) because of all the stuff you gotta watch out for. Garrosh is really fun though, Warriors wreck that fight. Also Phase 4 is the most fun part of Siege IMO. Good luck

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hate Klaxxi, honestly. My DPS ends up horrible(okay, it's kinda bad on every other fight) because of all the stuff you gotta watch out for. Garrosh is really fun though, Warriors wreck that fight. Also Phase 4 is the most fun part of Siege IMO. Good luck
    its still a snooze fest, but at least its not AS bad as klaxxi.

Deleted
    Hi, struggling prot warrior here. I read a lot about how we're in a nice place at the moment, but I feel as though I'm woefully behind my fellow tank (blood DK). It's becoming an issue, especially as Thok HC is roadblocking us due to DPS issues.

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Viperslayer/

Recent Warcraft Logs parse: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...pe=damage-done

I'm picking the boss up to start with, but the DK is tanking the jailer during every walking phase. Would this alone account for the difference in output? If not, is my rotation off? I feel I'm in full classic warrior mode (spam Shield Slam and Revenge on CD, fish for Devastate procs and only weave in HS when Ultimatum procs) but it still feels off. I know I could also do with hitting fewer Thunder Claps, especially on this boss.

Any help appreciated as I'm off on holiday on Wednesday so we've basically got tonight's raid to get it!!

Deleted
    1. solo tank it, use aoe reduce trinket for higher stacks. After you managed the first phase the rest is almost trivial, just pop shieldwall before you get frozen and call that out
    2. have all your ranged stay on the boss, all the time. You should be capable of killing the jailer with just the aid of one melee dps, let alone two at your disposal
    3. make sure your ranged dps never get fixated, ever. http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ability=143445 & http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...s=1599&wipes=1 clearly show that megabus doesn't position correctly, he wants to keep dps'ing the boss at all time.
    4. You can work on your offensive cooldown usage:

2/3 skull banner
    2/3 recklessness depending on what trinket you're using
    3/8 dragon roar
    3/8 bloodbath

2/x berserker rage
    3/6 trinket uses
    0/2 shattering throw
    0/2 potions

Yes there's some downtime involved but if you play the boss properly you should have 60s, 90s tops of hanging around. This still leaves you with a lot of time to increase your enrage uptime while tanking and even more time to work on your vengeance/riposte uptime while not tanking (intervene!!!).
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2014-04-16 at 04:23 PM.

hi guys, i am warrior fury 562 ilvl.
    here is my char eu. battle. net/ wow/en/character/kaelthas/Setsura/advanced

i have an issue with my character optimization. I generally use Ask mr robot for reforge/gem etc ... 2 days ago i got Garrosh axe warforged (Xal'atoh).
    So i equiped it and try to optimize my char with that weapon.

AMR told me to go for 7.50 / 6.50 expertise. i didnt do it, i don't want too loose the off hand soft cap expertise.
    Actually in my bag, i have the Sha sword 561, and the nazgrim weapon 561.

i really don't know what weapon should i use with my off hand, and i don't know if i should follow AMR suggest.
    Do you know what should i do ? and how to configure AMR to have my soft cap with my off hand ?

ps: i am really sorry for my english. i did my best