Page 60 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He's asking for an addon that tells how much time is left until the boss dies. Not a record of how long the fight was. TimeToDie is what I use. They're not necessarily 100% accurate due to fluctuations in dps but it's pretty close.
    Ye, I know, I was just saying one thing I use.

But that addon sounds interesting. I might test it out.

Deleted
    I feel like my DPS is still quite low, and not as high as it should be and that I may have fallen in to "bad habits" and just start auto piloting shit. Here's todays log, if anyone can see where I can improve.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...4BNJ9X#fight=1

Deleted
    Seems all right if compared to your team. You won't rank higher unless you start cheesing mechanics/fights and snipe aoe (ie: bladestorm blobs on Dark Shamans or Malkorok).

Maybe i'm just tired but did neither of you warriors cast a sole skull banner on IJ? Don't macro reck and skull banner together, you only have 34 casts of both over the whole night and reck should be heavily favored here due to EEOG (unless fight lengths never add up as discussed in the last few postings above but that's not given looking at your kill times). And i'd kick Tunnelhoffs ass to the moon, 6 skull banner casts over the whole night is just lazy - and your whole team really wants your two banners to cover the whole potion phase each and every time.

I can occassionally see more one more cs usage than sb, maybe it's just unlucky at the end of some fights but you should really try to fight them into each burst window. And with 20s cooldown on heroic leap i don't see why you don't use that on rather large mobs to get some free damage in, is it to much of a hassle to use? It shouldn't be on stationary ones, imho. If so it's time to rethink of the binding placement maybe?
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2014-07-24 at 05:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SH4D0WS1N View Post
    I have a minor DPS question for fury. What exactly am I supposed to do at that awkward point where CS comes up at this point in my rotation:

BT > Filler > HERE > BT

Do I use CS there and go

BT > non-RB filler > CS > RB > BT > SB > RB

or

BT > RB > CS > BT > RB > SB > BT

or do I just delay CS a bit so I can do a BT > CS > RB > BT > SB > RB combo.

This should only happen every other CS with me assuming I'm canceling bladestorm properly.

I also have another question which is probably asked all the time but I'm lazy and can get it answered with this post. Do I pop Reck on CD (obviously pairing with CS) or do I hold onto it until Skull Banner is back up?
    I honestly can't remember when that ever happened to me /blame muscle memory by now, however putting two BT's into a CS window instead of two RB's will always be a DPS loss, so BT > CS > RB > BT > SB > RB as a combo. If you ever find yourself in that position and if you have enrage up + a RB charge, I'd delay the BT by a global rather than CS like you said in your first example. Given current crit levels, I often find myself delaying BT by a global to push an extra RB into a trinket proc/pot/...

As for reck, just keep an eye out for the fight length, if you can get reck off 3 times then you can pop the second on CD together with maybe trinket procs you have when it comes off CD the first time, else just delay it for Skull Banners

Hello friends!

I am the raid leader for a decently ranked heroic guild on Mal'Ganis and I have reasonably high expectations for raiders in my guild. However, I do not know a single thing about fury warriors. This warrior is a good friend of mine that has recently switched from prot to fury and his dps is lower than where we need it to be. If anybody could please help me fix his dps it would be very much appreciated<3 Attached are both logs from warcraftlogs and worldoflogs, the warcraft logs will show his full order for all of his ability casts.

warcraftlogs. com/reports/XcjvbJ2N3nxBRrkP#type=damage-done&source=287&view=events&fight=205

worldoflogs. com/reports/rt-7f8d7xroh10734t1/details/4/?s=2747&e=3094

battle. net/wow/en/character/malganis/Krendler/simple

Thank you whoever takes your time to look at this!
    Again it would be much appreciated as I don't want to kick him from the group, I just want to help him get better.

Can anyone explain to me why it's a bad idea to delay bloodthirst during colossus smash if you are able to get 3 raging blows and 1 storm bolt by using berserker rage (off gcd) instead of using one of your precious few colossus smash gcds to generate a raging blow charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Eranthe View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why it's a bad idea to delay bloodthirst during colossus smash if you are able to get 3 raging blows and 1 storm bolt by using berserker rage (off gcd) instead of using one of your precious few colossus smash gcds to generate a raging blow charge?
    It's not necessarily a bad idea, particularly if you are Crit capped now. It's just that Berserker Rage is a good fail-safe for those times when Bloodthirst doesn't crit or if you are doing an AOE fight and want to extend your Enrage on a Bladestorm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by silentdsp View Post
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XcjvbJ2N3nxBRrkP#type=summary&source=287&fight=205
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7f...?s=2747&e=3094
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rendler/simple
    Well he should start with upgrading his weapons ASAP and use some brain for talent choices. On Sha of Pride (as you already know well) there spawn a set of adds every x seconds that have to be dealth with and he tried his best to hurt them via whirlwind instead of just speccing into bladestorm (which is superior in every imaginable way).

He only used 15 colossus during a close to six minutes fight (should be closer to 17) and his storm bolt numbers are way off (should be matching his colossus smash numbers 1:1). I won't bother looking through the other bosses* or more details and would just send him back to a general guide (like the pinned one http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Guide-Fury-PVE ) and have him sit on a dummy until he manages to meet his simmed numbers for an unbuffed singletarget fight.

* because after a quick glimpse he didn't bother with bladestorm except for Galakras the whole night, ugh It's just the best thing for helping on trash and just the most fun ability in general but whatever...

Deleted
    Heya, i ended up re-rolling for a guild from boomer due to our lack of melee; And overall, i just feel very weak.

Some of the fights i manage to come top 10, or top 5, others i'm standing at 13-15; And for my gear i'm feeling exceptionally bad.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...A9lan/advanced

(Yes i have a normal offhand and trinket, but it shouldn't affect me too much)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-s1h7hmxmpiqlqfz6/
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...zGcHhC#boss=-3

Any tips and analysis on my performance would be greatly appreciated!

*On Galakras i was assigned to the tower group
    Last edited by mmoc1aca3196c5; 2014-07-31 at 03:47 PM.

Hi Guys,

Posted for a guildie. He is playing fury, has around 578 item level but does pretty low dps imo. We're on Frostwhisper and armory is broken so can't link that at the moment... but logs are @ http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...RrbtY#fight=10

Any advice/tips for his rotations would be much appreciated as he's a nice enough guy, just low.

Deleted

I just took a quick look at your armory and you can easily optimize your stats...you're over the hit and expertise caps, and yet you have stuff reforged to hit and expertise.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    You should change some of your expertise gems or reforging probably since you're at 8.6% without using the weapons from Nazgrim so you can squeeze in a bit more mastery/crit. You're above hit cap too, but that's no too uncommon in heroic gear. Other than that your log seems pretty decent to me, only thing I could really see it you're missing a Heroic Strike after popping CS a couple times and you have a couple of your RBs parried over the course of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Well he should start with upgrading his weapons ASAP and use some brain for talent choices. On Sha of Pride (as you already know well) there spawn a set of adds every x seconds that have to be dealth with and he tried his best to hurt them via whirlwind instead of just speccing into bladestorm (which is superior in every imaginable way).

He only used 15 colossus during a close to six minutes fight (should be closer to 17) and his storm bolt numbers are way off (should be matching his colossus smash numbers 1:1). I won't bother looking through the other bosses* or more details and would just send him back to a general guide (like the pinned one http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Guide-Fury-PVE ) and have him sit on a dummy until he manages to meet his simmed numbers for an unbuffed singletarget fight.

* because after a quick glimpse he didn't bother with bladestorm except for Galakras the whole night, ugh It's just the best thing for helping on trash and just the most fun ability in general but whatever...
    bladestorming adds on sha is not necessary. raid gains nothing from it. What the guy needs is a raid leader that cares about mechanic handling and boss dps, not add cheesing to ramp up overall damage done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Heya, i ended up re-rolling for a guild from boomer due to our lack of melee; And overall, i just feel very weak.

Some of the fights i manage to come top 10, or top 5, others i'm standing at 13-15; And for my gear i'm feeling exceptionally bad.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...A9lan/advanced

(Yes i have a normal offhand and trinket, but it shouldn't affect me too much)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-s1h7hmxmpiqlqfz6/
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...zGcHhC#boss=-3

Any tips and analysis on my performance would be greatly appreciated!

*On Galakras i was assigned to the tower group
    You seem to have quite good raid dps and short fights overall. Fury warriors are not that strong in short fights like 3-4 min. They have great short bursts for 20 sec or so, but worse than many classes at the start of the fight. Since you kill your bosses so quickly fury warriors dont have time to shine really. That's why affliction warlocks are so strong atm since they can just snapshot dots and before their snapshotted dots are gone the boss is dead pretty much and they end up on top of dmg. Plus It's kinda pointless to "win" dps in short fights you clearly overgear anyway. would be more interesting to see what numbers you put out on garrosh hc.

10+ Year Old Account
    @barack, your advice and statements are wrong. Warriors tend to do better on shorter fights, not worse. In fact, any fight over 2 mins I'll generally be top or top 5. We don't have the pull burst that locks/shamans have, but we're very strong on shorter fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    bladestorming adds on sha is not necessary. raid gains nothing from it. What the guy needs is a raid leader that cares about mechanic handling and boss dps, not add cheesing to ramp up overall damage done.
    That's about the worst advice you could give him. As a warrior you should be going bladestorm in ANY fight that you can cleave on to adds as it's a DPS increase both for the raid and yourself compared to going Dragon Roar instead. Which coincidentally would be every fight in Siege except for IJ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hahnh View Post
    You should change some of your expertise gems or reforging probably since you're at 8.6% without using the weapons from Nazgrim so you can squeeze in a bit more mastery/crit. You're above hit cap too, but that's no too uncommon in heroic gear. Other than that your log seems pretty decent to me, only thing I could really see it you're missing a Heroic Strike after popping CS a couple times and you have a couple of your RBs parried over the course of the fight.
    Yeah, it wasn't a fantastic night to be honest. We spent about 90 minutes wiping on him because people couldn't function like human beings or kept DCing on cue every time we hit P4. The parrys are probably down to the tanks spazzing the boss out after every transition, their excuse being "You can move too" -.-... Can't really argue against the HS though, that's just me being shit.

With the reforging, I knew something was up when I had 8.6%, but I was going over Reforge Lite and Ask Mr Robot and they were both saying optimized... Now I've used the browser version of MrRobot it's saying otherwise - maybe it's time to update my addons >.>

Wasn't sure about my Enrage uptime, but this is the first time we've decided to push him into P3 without afking the 60 seconds at the start of the Terrace intimation, I had to adjust when to use banner/reck and shit.

Cheers for the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Hahnh View Post
    That's about the worst advice you could give him. As a warrior you should be going bladestorm in ANY fight that you can cleave on to adds as it's a DPS increase both for the raid and yourself compared to going Dragon Roar instead. Which coincidentally would be every fight in Siege except for IJ
    No you're wrong. a dps increase is tanks killing adds as they get more vengeance from it. many classes(not warrior) lose boss dps if they touch the adds. But since fury warriors easily will kill off the adds, they shouldnt since then tanks wont gain as much vengeance then. Basically you want the adds up for the tanks to get the best boss damage. Fury warriors should use bladstorm with cancel aura macro on boss purely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    @barack, your advice and statements are wrong. Warriors tend to do better on shorter fights, not worse. In fact, any fight over 2 mins I'll generally be top or top 5. We don't have the pull burst that locks/shamans have, but we're very strong on shorter fights.
    Why would we be better on short fights than long ones? Take a 10 min fight, why would we worse in those compared to short ones like 3 min? Since our burst is poor, a shorter fight would consist more of that burst than a longer one. Or take the extreme a 30 sec fight, we wouldnt have a chance compared to many classes.

The optimal fight length for a Fury warrior is a 2:20 kill. Our 30second opening burst may not be as high as most other classes, but it's still high, so the shorter the fight is, the less our damage will dip. If the kill is 2:20 that means that we'll have reck up a second time, and if we've been lucky with trinket procs they'll proc at just about the same time as well, meaning we get a final burst of damage before the boss dies.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    No you're wrong. a dps increase is tanks killing adds as they get more vengeance from it. many classes(not warrior) lose boss dps if they touch the adds. But since fury warriors easily will kill off the adds, they shouldnt since then tanks wont gain as much vengeance then. Basically you want the adds up for the tanks to get the best boss damage. Fury warriors should use bladstorm with cancel aura macro on boss purely.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would we be better on short fights than long ones? Take a 10 min fight, why would we worse in those compared to short ones like 3 min? Since our burst is poor, a shorter fight would consist more of that burst than a longer one. Or take the extreme a 30 sec fight, we wouldnt have a chance compared to many classes.
    If you or your raid leader are genuinely telling people off for Bladestorming then I feel really bad for the Warriors in your group. "Don't bladestorm those adds, let the tanks pool Vengeance so they can whore damage" okaythen.jpg