Page 74 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Froch View Post
    Bumping my post if anyone could take a look and give me some feed back i would greatly appreciate it

Thanks
    Gruul

Well first of all, for some reason your raid gave hero 10 seconds after pull which is exactly when your Reck ends. You also seem to have delayed your Avatar for a long time so you lost a whole use of it, 3 uses instead of 4. Remember when using AM that Avatar is exactly half the cooldown of Recklessness, so there is not much point delaying it in that scenario.

You only used 4 executes in your final Reck during execute phase. You should be fitting 5 or 6 inside Reck, save 120 rage before you pop cds, that's 4 executes off the bat, then you have 10 seconds of autoattack rage, and you should be hitting 1 BT plus saving Berserker Rage for the final Reck as well so 20 rage is gonna come from there. You also got unlucky with your Reck phase and only crit 1 out of 4 executes, even though your crit chance is about 68% with reck up.

Thogar, Hans&Franz

Your enrage fell off at the end of some of your bladestorm ticks, and you have 1 bladestorm that you weren't enrage at all. Try to save your Berserking Rage for when you're going to bladestorm, to guarantee full enrage uptime during bladestorm.

On Hans&Franz, you didn't do anything for the last 3 seconds of your Reck, guess boss was moved away or something. Either way, you should be using Reck at 20% start with bladestorm then you can probably fit in 2-3 executes, after that.

Overall you're not doing anything majorly wrong, just try to pool rage when boss hits execute range, and try to fit in as many executes as you possibly can in your reck window. You seem to be always fitting in Stormbolt in your Reck window (during execute phase), you should only be doing that when you don't have enough rage; Your average Execute crit is 105k, where your average SB crit is 60k.

Having a lower ilvl offhand is hurting as well, wildstrike is fully getting it's damage from the offhand along with RB/SB/Exe OH damages.

Quote Originally Posted by Bekro View Post
    Gruul

Well first of all, for some reason your raid gave hero 10 seconds after pull which is exactly when your Reck ends. You also seem to have delayed your Avatar for a long time so you lost a whole use of it, 3 uses instead of 4. Remember when using AM that Avatar is exactly half the cooldown of Recklessness, so there is not much point delaying it in that scenario.

You only used 4 executes in your final Reck during execute phase. You should be fitting 5 or 6 inside Reck, save 120 rage before you pop cds, that's 4 executes off the bat, then you have 10 seconds of autoattack rage, and you should be hitting 1 BT plus saving Berserker Rage for the final Reck as well so 20 rage is gonna come from there. You also got unlucky with your Reck phase and only crit 1 out of 4 executes, even though your crit chance is about 68% with reck up.

Thogar, Hans&Franz

Your enrage fell off at the end of some of your bladestorm ticks, and you have 1 bladestorm that you weren't enrage at all. Try to save your Berserking Rage for when you're going to bladestorm, to guarantee full enrage uptime during bladestorm.

On Hans&Franz, you didn't do anything for the last 3 seconds of your Reck, guess boss was moved away or something. Either way, you should be using Reck at 20% start with bladestorm then you can probably fit in 2-3 executes, after that.

Overall you're not doing anything majorly wrong, just try to pool rage when boss hits execute range, and try to fit in as many executes as you possibly can in your reck window. You seem to be always fitting in Stormbolt in your Reck window (during execute phase), you should only be doing that when you don't have enough rage; Your average Execute crit is 105k, where your average SB crit is 60k.

Having a lower ilvl offhand is hurting as well, wildstrike is fully getting it's damage from the offhand along with RB/SB/Exe OH damages.
    Thanks Bekro very much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Caladia View Post
    I posted in here before, and it didn't get commented on. I'm hoping this one is different. Have a guildie that I don't know what advice to give, but is really low on all fights, even ones he should be shining at as Arms.

Armory

Gruul

Beastlord

Iron Maidens

Any help/advice would be appreciated, thanks!
    Bumping. Could really use some advice to help out this guildie. =\

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie264 View Post
    Ok so. Im sick of being last! Every single non-aoe BRF boss Im last. It sucks! I think im doing everything ok and my gear isnt that bad....but Im last...every time.

My Armory

Gruul - I'm 'ok' Still last (the boomkin and the mage are fill-ins. Not core team

Hanz n Franz - About the same. 26k. Everything I see says "Yeah you should be at 30 flat every fight ever. Higher if you cleave" and I have no idea.

The rest in that log is....average. Higher DPS on Beastlord and Operator (Bladestorm is hard) but on average Im usually last. I cant tell if im doing something wrong or...what?

Notes: I died on Oregorger (Im terrible i know) and we 3 tank Kromog so Im the swing there.
    Hi Valkyrie, Im Liliana from Thaurissan too, idm giving you some tips on how to improve your dps.

this was my most recent heroic log which you can use to compare

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&source=18,12

we have roughly similar gear so i can say the gear level difference is not that big.

Seeing from your Gruul kill, i can see first that your enrage uptime is only 75% which is rather low for someone with your crit rate, i do not know whether you arent tracking your enrage buff actively or its just plain bad RNG. I've also noticed you are still using the tectus trinket.
    Try your best to get the horn of screaming spirits from Kagraz because the mastery proc during execute phase tied in together with reck, 4p, scabbard and avatar gives you an insane execute phase where as fury you could ideally proc 250k executes plus double multistrikes. All the crit that tectus trinkets gives when you are using reck just becomes abit of a wasted stat. Hope it drops for you the next gear reset!.

For HnF, i would recommend that you try arms instead, Bloodbath,Scabbard,reck,sweeping strikes and colossus smash during execute phase when the 2 guys are together makes arms cleave awesome. Simply apply rend, reapply rend when rend is at 5 seconds or less, Csmash on cd, Mortal strike on cd, whirlwind like a ballerina on cd, Ensure that sweeping strikes is always active when both bosses are up. BEFORE the bosses reach 20%, pool rage, press all the cds, csmash and pop those 600k executes with a 300k sweeping strikes and watch your dps fly.

This is my armory if you wanna see

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A0/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caladia View Post
    Bumping. Could really use some advice to help out this guildie. =\
    I'm gonna keep it short, because I don't particularly like helping people who can't even be arsed to lookup their own class and having someone else do it for them.

He used bladestorm on a singletarget fight, should go with avatar or bloodbath.
    He used sweeping strikes on a singletarget fight, waste of rage, absolutely useless.
    He didn't use any potions.
    He should be saving his Reck for the execute phase, instead of poping it in the middle of fight.
    He's only using 2 executes after he uses CS during the execute phase, he should be pooling up to full rage before he uses CS so he can use multiple Executes within.

Quote Originally Posted by Bekro View Post
    I'm gonna keep it short, because I don't particularly like helping people who can't even be arsed to lookup their own class and having someone else do it for them.

He used bladestorm on a singletarget fight, should go with avatar or bloodbath.
    He used sweeping strikes on a singletarget fight, waste of rage, absolutely useless.
    He didn't use any potions.
    He should be saving his Reck for the execute phase, instead of poping it in the middle of fight.
    He's only using 2 executes after he uses CS during the execute phase, he should be pooling up to full rage before he uses CS so he can use multiple Executes within.
    Any little bit helps, appreciate that. I'll work with him more with these things.

Deleted
    Hey guys,long and short is there's a new recruit in our guild that quite simply isnt too familiar with warrior currently and needs a helping hand / nudge in the right direction.

If at all possible without being super negative as he knows he needs to improve and frankly is very honest about that,can you look over these logs and give me an idea of:

-What he is doing that he shouldn't be
    -What he needs to / should be doing
    -Any general advice would be greatly appreciated as i will be giving him this link itself
    -Just in general as much critique and guidance as you possibly can please

(Its from Gruul N onwards)

Ok it turns out i cannot post links yet,his name is Axsel on Ravencrest EU and im sorry but its on Ask Mr Robot Logs (It wasn't me i swearz) - Sorry for the inconvenience ....

Greatly appreciate it

Mercy

(Quick edit,i do know he has read the guides on here and on i believe icy-veins/some of the reddit daily thread's for eg Weekly Q and A etc. His reasoning behind not going fury is he doesn't as yet have a 2nd 2h weapon)
    Last edited by mmocf64fc3ff99; 2015-03-30 at 02:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercyreef View Post
    Hey guys,long and short is there's a new recruit in our guild that quite simply isnt too familiar with warrior currently and needs a helping hand / nudge in the right direction.

If at all possible without being super negative as he knows he needs to improve and frankly is very honest about that,can you look over these logs and give me an idea of:

-Any general advice would be greatly appreciated as i will be giving him this link itself

Ok it turns out i cannot post links yet,his name is Axsel on Ravencrest EU and im sorry but its on Ask Mr Robot Logs (It wasn't me i swearz) - Sorry for the inconvenience ....

Greatly appreciate it

Mercy

(Quick edit,i do know he has read the guides on here and on i believe icy-veins/some of the reddit daily thread's for eg Weekly Q and A etc. His reasoning behind not going fury is he doesn't as yet have a 2nd 2h weapon)
    You can post links, just leave the www. in front of the link out.

I'm not familiar with AMR logs, and frankly due the the fact that I don't think it's as comprehensive as WCL & not many people are using it I'm not willing to spend the time learning how to use it :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercyreef View Post

Greatly appreciate it

Mercy

askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/52133245-d96d-4e10-bff1-0e3a9073b529/report/105#v=0,d=0

His log is from Gruul N onwards, thanks

Hello everyone first time posting on the forums. I am a long time WoW player who came back after missing MoP, I have raided on a rogue since Vanilla. I decided i wanted to change things up and tank on a warrior. After a few weeks i moved to a raiding guild and they didn't need any more tanks(I'm a backup)

I decided to go with fury for my dps spec, I seem to be underperforming for my IL. I am always towards the bottom of the meters, the only fights i seem to do somewhat decent on are the AOE type fights Operator,BF and Beastlord.

I have done research on the forums and icy-veins along with many youtube videos in an attempt to learn as much as possible about the class and playstyle. I feel like i am doing ok but i feel my numbers tell another story.

Any help would be greatly appeciated. Below is a link to my armory and also logs
    us. battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Konehead/advanced
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/RVtHXJQPGMTp3bdF

Hi there, I need help with my warrior

us. battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/Grimaldus/simple

I feel that I should be doing more DPS in my gear, but I'm not sure.

Any advice and input would be greatly appreciated. The area I'm most particularly confused about are my talent choices, for eg, Furious Strikes vs SD

warcraftlogs.com/reports/dcKGT2HCDx1RznFY#type=summary&fight=8

Feel free to look through and criticize my cooldown usage and everything else really.

Quote Originally Posted by ReclusiarchGrim View Post
    Hi there, I need help with my warrior

us. battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/Grimaldus/simple

I feel that I should be doing more DPS in my gear, but I'm not sure.

Any advice and input would be greatly appreciated. The area I'm most particularly confused about are my talent choices, for eg, Furious Strikes vs SD

warcraftlogs.com/reports/dcKGT2HCDx1RznFY#type=summary&fight=8

Feel free to look through and criticize my cooldown usage and everything else really.
    Use Sudden Death, I don't know the exact math but I believe it always pulls ahead in BrF.

Try to get 4pc asap, it is a big increase for warriors.

Try to replace your Bottle with Vial off of Maidens, even if its Normal and replace your tectus with Horn off Flamebender.

Hold your Reck untill it lines up with BB during execute phase as long as you can still get the full duration out.

Untill you have Vial you can try the Avatar / Siegebreaker combo for single target fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killhappy View Post
    Hello everyone first time posting on the forums. I am a long time WoW player who came back after missing MoP, I have raided on a rogue since Vanilla. I decided i wanted to change things up and tank on a warrior. After a few weeks i moved to a raiding guild and they didn't need any more tanks(I'm a backup)

I decided to go with fury for my dps spec, I seem to be underperforming for my IL. I am always towards the bottom of the meters, the only fights i seem to do somewhat decent on are the AOE type fights Operator,BF and Beastlord.

I have done research on the forums and icy-veins along with many youtube videos in an attempt to learn as much as possible about the class and playstyle. I feel like i am doing ok but i feel my numbers tell another story.

Any help would be greatly appeciated. Below is a link to my armory and also logs
    us. battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Konehead/advanced
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/RVtHXJQPGMTp3bdF
    Your logs aren't that bad for your ilvl. You should look at your Bracket Percentile when you're looking at your logs, that shows players within your ilevel Bracket, you're around 70% from the bosses you ranked on. The second thing to consider on there is the fact that your trinkets are really really bad for your ilvl, therefore even when you compare people with your own ilevel you're going to be in a disadvantage. However that being said, at the same time, your weapons are really good for your ilvl so I guess that sort of evens out the trinket difference, but you really need better trinkets :P

The most important thing with bladestorm fights is being enraged when you're bladestorming, just save your Berserker Rage for these situations, in fact I don't see you using Berserker Rage at all, which is very helpful for times when your Bloodthirst doesn't crit and you can't keep your enrage up. You have a 66% enrage uptime on Beastlord for example (should be around 80% at least with your crit chance), and your enrage fell of in the middle on 4 of your bladestorms, and you weren't enraged at all on 3 of your Bladestorms.

You should be using 1 str potion before the pull, and the 2nd one during execute phase with your last Reck (you used your 2nd potion and Reck before the Execute phase, when you are not able to get more than 2 Recks within the fight, save it for the execute phase, as you do a lot more damage in that phase). On Flamebender you used only 3 Executes within your Recklessness, you should be pooling rage before you pop your cooldowns on the execute phase, and that will allow you to use at least 5 executes within Reck, since you can use 4 off the bat with 120 Rage that you have pooled up.

Similarly on Hans&Frans you have only 60% Enrage uptime, which is very very low. You should be really be keeping track of your Enrage. The whole spec is centered around Enrage. You shouldn't be using Wildstrikes if you are not enranged (unless you're at like 90+ Rage then ofcourse use it, so you don't cap your rage), use Berserker Rage if your Bloodthirst didn't crit two times in a row, or if you are about to Bladestorm.

Regarding the meters, fury scales very well with ilvl, so until you get to high ilvls you won't be beating many people (other than fights you mentioned where you can lolstorm your way to the top

Hey everyone,

I am pretty new to this forum, i read a few posts or articles here and there on mmo-champ but never really got down to reading it extensively.

Have been referred to here by a friend of mine. I've been bothered by my fury dps, especially on blackhand.

I cant seem to pull beyond 30k dps on it, but my my dps averages out to around 20-26k generally and have been asked to leave pug raids a few times previously due to that.

Unable to figure out if i am really doing something wrong with my rotation or is it just bad movement or even poor timing of cds.

Will be grateful if i can get some guidance here, below is the log for the pug blackhand heroic i did lastnight and my armory link.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/6bPMHQqGLxBtTpX7
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Ventez/advanced

p.s the gear displayed in armory as of time of this edit is the current gear i use for fury dps

Hi there. Somewhat new to the forums, big lurker though. I'ma 688 Fury/Arms Warrior looking for some quick guidance on perfecting my warrior rotation.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Kahyl/advanced

warcraftlogs.com/reports/pLnd6XA4TWNmYB3H (Have a look at the heroic kills instead of the LFR ones)

Any tidbits would be appreciated. I know in some of them I was at the 80+ percentile however there are some where I'm failing pretty bad.

Hey guys, I would like someone to give me a thorough analysis of what I might be doing wrong and what I might be doing better.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=16

This was my first kill of mythic gruul last night and I felt that my dps was not what I could have done.
    In my heroic parses my highest dps was 47k with heroic smf weapons and I did this with my new mythic flamebender 2h weapon and a heroic blast furnace axe.

In short I feel like I should be doing more but I'm not sure what I am doing wrong so I would love if someone could give me an explanation. Thanks in advance if anyone helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nautyless View Post
    Hey guys, I would like someone to give me a thorough analysis of what I might be doing wrong and what I might be doing better.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=16

This was my first kill of mythic gruul last night and I felt that my dps was not what I could have done.
    In my heroic parses my highest dps was 47k with heroic smf weapons and I did this with my new mythic flamebender 2h weapon and a heroic blast furnace axe.

In short I feel like I should be doing more but I'm not sure what I am doing wrong so I would love if someone could give me an explanation. Thanks in advance if anyone helps.
    Since your kill time is 5.55, you would be better off going with Anger Management, which will allow you to use 2 more avatars and 1 more reck mid-fight. I would use Vial if you have access to it, since it will sync nicely with every Reck (buffed with AM) you might need to delay it by ~20 seconds, which shouldn't be a problem since you have plenty of time before the fight ends to use your last reck during execute phase.

You should always wait for a Horn proc before you blow your cooldowns when execute phase starts, as it increases the damage by a huge amount, you don't always get it, but when you do, it allows you to do ridiculous damage with the Reck in execute phase. Try to keep your rage on high levels though, (without capping) so you don't waste time pooling rage if it does proc. Don't wait too long obviously if the boss is going down. Your Horn did proc towards the end though, 11 seconds before the boss died, but it might have been cutting it a bit too close to wait for it that long.

Hey guys, I am having some trouble getting over a certain amount of dps almost everytime I play.

I am playing TG Fury Warrior. I know I should have been doing around 30k on Gruul HC, but cant find out what I am doing wrong.

Here is a test I did in LFR: warcraftlogs.com/reports/Q6Fr31wjmfB8JtzZ/#fight=6

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Xorzizt/simple

what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzizt View Post
    Hey guys, I am having some trouble getting over a certain amount of dps almost everytime I play.

I am playing TG Fury Warrior. I know I should have been doing around 30k on Gruul HC, but cant find out what I am doing wrong.

what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
    First of all, whyyyy 13 casts of Whirlwind? If its just fat-fingering well then work on it.
    Secondly, even tho your ilvl is kinda high - gear is pretty trash. Low crit, low haste. With such low crit you can only pray the rng Gods for any kind of reasonable dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzizt View Post

what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
    As mentioned above, your crit is a bit on the low side, you need a bit more crit on your gear, but that isn't the only thing you can do to improve your dps. Also as mentioned, don't use Whirlwind on single target (The raging wind buff isn't worth using Whirlwind for the 10% buff.)

It looks like you are using Berserker Rage on cooldown, you should be saving this for when you have unlucky BT non-crit streaks and only use it when you are not enraged, so that you maximize your Enrage uptime. Higher crit chance will increase this as well, since you will get less BT non-crits.

You used wildstrikes, and only 2 Executes during your second Recklessness. I'm guessing you used it before the boss hit sub 20% so you couldn't spam Execute. You really should be saving your Reck for when the execute phase hits and pool rage before you use it. When you pool rage you will automatically have enough rage for 4 Executes, so you can usually fit in 5 or 6 Executes within your 2nd Recklessness. You also used your Reck before your Bloodbath was up, for this execute phase you should really have all of your cooldowns ready, and spam those Executes, when you start running out of rage switch to Raging Blow (make sure you are always enraged, save Berserker Rage for these cooldowns as well for the additional rage and keeping up Enrage).

Also you didn't use any strength potions, you can use one before you pull the boss (just before you get in combat) and then one at the end with your last Reck during Execute phase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khuji View Post
    Hi there. Somewhat new to the forums, big lurker though. I'ma 688 Fury/Arms Warrior looking for some quick guidance on perfecting my warrior rotation.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Kahyl/advanced

warcraftlogs.com/reports/pLnd6XA4TWNmYB3H (Have a look at the heroic kills instead of the LFR ones)

Any tidbits would be appreciated. I know in some of them I was at the 80+ percentile however there are some where I'm failing pretty bad.

Your logs seem pretty good for the most part, maybe minor tweaks can be made to improve dps a little bit.

On Gruul, you used 2 Bloodthirsts during your execute phase Reck, which shouldn't really be needed if you pool rage before you use Reck. Because of this you were only able to fit in 4 Executes. Ideally it should go BT (Use Reck) Exe-Exe-BT-Exe-Exe-SiegeB-Exe-Exe(RB if not enough Rage). When you pool 120 Rage, you already have enough Rage for 4 Executes, then you should use BT and Berserking Rage towards the middle of Reck to extend Enrage time (if BT didn't crit) and to use 10 additional Rage, so you get 20 more Rage (from BzR and BT), then depending on how much Rage you get from auto attacks during the 10 sec in Reck, you can get a 6th Execute, if not you should have enough for RB.

Also you used your Reck just after you used BT, within the GCD, so you lost 1.2 seconds at the start of your Reck (Reck used at 03:06:5; first cast 03:07:7) and another 0.6 seconds at the end (last cast in Reck at 03:15:9; Reck ended at 03:16:5) which would mean that you could fit an additional ability within your Reck, if you had used Reck just when you're about to cast your first Execute with that added 1.8 seconds in your Reck window.

Oregorger logs are always weird to analyze, but the problem on this one was using Reck before Execute phase, although if it was about to start rolling and then die, while rolling, as it happens, then it would've been the right choice. So can't comment much on it.

On Blast Furnace, I believe that Bladestorm would do much much more damage overall than Bloodbath (even though it may not be what you need in terms of bursting down Elementalists), so due to that fact most high parses would have bladestorm and you not having it makes you rank much lower.
    Last edited by mmoc85f10c3755; 2015-04-08 at 08:13 AM.