Page 79 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisho View Post
    Thx alot Headscutter, yea seems ppl are on summer break.
    Anytime, mate.

Hey there, I'm trying to figure out wether I might be doing something wrong with my DPS, this is my first time coming here.
    I'm talking about Hellfire Citadel, went heroic yesterday, and another warrior in the guild who since I joined the guild I always pulled bigger numbers than him even when he was cheesing and i was not managed to outdps me on certain fights bu 500-1500dps, even though on other fights like Kormok I outdpsed him by around 10k (no idea why).

Anyways I want to know if theres something I could do better since theres always somewhere to improve, and any opinions on my logs could be very much appreciate.

some general info, i cleared BRF mythic while he didnt since I was in the team, also he is 3 item levels higher than I am, hes using SMF while I'm using TG and we both had the same trinkets on all fights.
    My charecter's armory
    Our logs from last raid
    My char name = Frub, other one is Scrin.

would really appreciate any help and thanks!

Hello everyone, I'd like to receive some feedback regarding my dps and how can I improve that.
    Right now I feel totally hopeless, between the fact that most of the time Im assigned to "do mechanics" duty and that by no means Im an elite player, I think my dps could improve by a lot.

Im also impressed by the amount of dmg our rogue, enhancement, monks and DKs are pulling.

www(DOT)warcraftlogs(DOT)com/reports/PXyJrcW9Tka3p2Nf#fight=1

Any help, tip, advice would be really appreciated!

Thanks!
    Last edited by xMnCx; 2015-07-02 at 05:07 PM.

Not too sure what you're asking since you say you want to know about your dps but you're saying you're doing better than the other warrior dps in your raid? Quite confused but

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsteak View Post
    even though on other fights like Kormok I outdpsed him by around 10k (no idea why).
    some general info, i cleared BRF mythic while he didnt since I was in the team, also he is 3 item levels higher than I am, hes using SMF while I'm using TG and we both had the same trinkets on all fights.
    That is the reason why you did 10k DPS more than him in a AOE fight. SMF is usually single target, but 2h fury is outdpsing SMF by a bit, even in ST situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Strauss View Post
    Not too sure what you're asking since you say you want to know about your dps but you're saying you're doing better than the other warrior dps in your raid? Quite confused but

That is the reason why you did 10k DPS more than him in a AOE fight. SMF is usually single target, but 2h fury is outdpsing SMF by a bit, even in ST situations.
    I didnt use bladestorm on kromok

I didnt use bladestorm on kromok
    But you used WW+RB, no? Meaning, you did AoE damage. Your WW+RB will hit harder, even if it's a tiny bit of damage. (I also went ST since the hands died too fast for me to BS)

You also did more executes than him, it was your top damage compared to him where it was his third. Guessing he used AM over Seigebreaker, seeing as he did 3 recklessness, and your Enrage uptime was way better than his. He used his second pot for his second reck instead of waiting for sub ~20%, which is why you had more execute damage than him.

2H is still better than SMF in ST, but add those mistakes he did, no wonder he'll fall behind like he did.

I'm trying to post my problem. but because I'm new it wont let me post it cause it has links.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, I'm looking to improve my DPS and possibly find out what I'm doing wrong.

Armory Link - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ist/Jkg/simple
    Some logs link from our off night normal raid - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dxCWg8rQn2KPqmc3
    Some logs link from our tuesday night heroic raid - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FmQAx6y37ZWBjMgp

I am JKG The warrior, I'm currently 694 Ilvl(But absolute trash trinkets/no legendary ring yet(the 715 one) Rest of my gear seems different im currently TG..and I'm not sure if its my gear, or because of my rotation is off on something that im falling behind some of the other warriors(they do outgear me) but any help/input is super appreciated. Can give any other information upon request.

I have been trying everything I can to improve my dps, and I've made some significant improvements according to my GM and others, Just looking for advice on how to improve/get better. Thank you in advance.
    Btag #Lion1699 if you got time and can chat with me.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't go into your logs and checked the rotation. You could possibly do this by your own. Just compare your logs (enrage uptime, amount of used spells like BT, WS, RB ...) with some of the warriors that are on top of the rankings for the bosses.

BUT as you already said, your gear is not very optimal. You do have the T17 4p, which is good. T-legs would be better than T-hands but thats not the big problem as long as you have the 4pc.
    All your other pieces besides your 6/6 crafted weapon doesn't have very good stats (missing crit and having, versatility and haste). You are below 20% crit which should be ~25% at this ilvl with better gear. And you will notice this difference. You'll have it a lot easier keeping up your enrage and so you can focus on other parts of the fight and you'll do more dmg without doing anything just because you are critting more often and so keeping up enrage where furys do their dmg.
    I think, if you could get some more items with crit (even lower ilvl) you would do (a lot) better, especially on ST fights/not BS fights.
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev.B|ASRock Z97 Extreme4|i7-4790K|HR-02 Macho|G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB|Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64|250GB+64GB+1TB SSD|4TB HDD|Seasonic Ultra Prime Gold 1000W|Corsair Scimitar Pro+Razer Sphex|Logitech G910+|LG 34UC88-B|2x iiyama Prolite XUB2792QSU-B1|Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro+AntLion ModMic 4|Thrustmaster T500RS+TH8A

Quote Originally Posted by Strauss View Post
    But you used WW+RB, no? Meaning, you did AoE damage. Your WW+RB will hit harder, even if it's a tiny bit of damage. (I also went ST since the hands died too fast for me to BS)

You also did more executes than him, it was your top damage compared to him where it was his third. Guessing he used AM over Seigebreaker, seeing as he did 3 recklessness, and your Enrage uptime was way better than his. He used his second pot for his second reck instead of waiting for sub ~20%, which is why you had more execute damage than him.

2H is still better than SMF in ST, but add those mistakes he did, no wonder he'll fall behind like he did.
    and on the latter bosses for example Deadeye ? outdpsed me by a just a bit, is that gear + smf ?

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I didn't go into your logs and checked the rotation. You could possibly do this by your own. Just compare your logs (enrage uptime, amount of used spells like BT, WS, RB ...) with some of the warriors that are on top of the rankings for the bosses.

BUT as you already said, your gear is not very optimal. You do have the T17 4p, which is good. T-legs would be better than T-hands but thats not the big problem as long as you have the 4pc.
    All your other pieces besides your 6/6 crafted weapon doesn't have very good stats (missing crit and having, versatility and haste). You are below 20% crit which should be ~25% at this ilvl with better gear. And you will notice this difference. You'll have it a lot easier keeping up your enrage and so you can focus on other parts of the fight and you'll do more dmg without doing anything just because you are critting more often and so keeping up enrage where furys do their dmg.
    I think, if you could get some more items with crit (even lower ilvl) you would do (a lot) better, especially on ST fights/not BS fights.
    Yeah, it's one of my thoughts..but unfortunately right now this is all I got.

and on the latter bosses for example Deadeye ? outdpsed me by a just a bit, is that gear + smf ?
    Hmm, you're not that far from my ilvl and on that fight you started with a 90k burst, which kind of indicates either you had a bad start or your rng messed you up from the start. Warriors are a start and end kind of dps, our dps in the middle doesn't matter too much, we just have to be consistent and then burst again at the end. It honestly just seems you had bad RNG on that fight. He casted more BT's than you (6), more executes (6), heck, he even had 100+ more melee hits than you. So really, it just seems that you hit the bad RNG streak there.

Hello guys, first of all sorry for my bad english XD

Dont know if this thread serve as a "Fix my Tanking" but will give it a shot.

I'm on a casual guild doing HFC HC, i play a ret paladin and yesterday we're looking the logs for kormrok and noticed our Prot warrior was parsing very low, and his survivability isn't the best either (based on recent trys on various bosses). So I was talking to him and he asked me if i could help him understand what he's doing wrong based on said logs but i have no idea on how prot warriors mechanics work, so i asked if he was ok to me post here so you guys can help us understand what he could be doing to improve, if uptimes are correct and such...

His Armory: us. battle. net/wow/pt/character/azralon/Jeannine/advanced
    Logs: www .warcraftlogs. com /reports/X6CzBQcpHfWYAtvr/#comparesearch=2.10.2.28&type=summary&graph=false&source=8
    (can't post links yet so remove the spaces)
    Thanks in advance!

was wondering if anyone could help me out or guide me on setting up simcraft for pvp testing. i realize it's inherently a little harder to get completely accurate numbers with pvp but with the ashran/rbg rng conquest boxes this season im not sure if some of these epic pieces without mastery are actually better than the honor pieces with it.

what i really am looking for is a workable set of stat weights i can use going forward. i know they change based on the rest of your stats but i feel like the 15 ilvl difference is going to be really hard to overcome.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...heeks/advanced is my armory any help would really really be appreciated brothers.

how do i post a link to my logs ? do i need more posts ?

Hey

@Kurston

I'm new to this but I can give you some help. Your warrior has a 15% uptime on Shieldblock (this link will bring you to where you can see this under defensive buffs - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ras&options=16) it should be way higher than that - 30% roughly based on my experience. Some of the warriors here can keep a higher uptime than that though but I'm in the middle so that figure is something to strive for to start with.

It really looks like he's going for DPS more than anything else. He's using a strength pot too on pull where I'm pretty sure most people use a bonus armor pot. Also he's capping rage a lot and wasting rage which results in lower dps and lower resources for mitigation. This is something that I know a lot about because I used to be really bad at rage management. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...rces&spell=101 This link shows wasted rage equal to 13 shield blocks or 13 shield barriers. That's a lot of mitigation.

When he died he didn't have shield block or barrier up but he didn't have enough rage to get either up and you can see that he knew it was coming and was hitting shield slam and revenge on CD. Shield wall was not on Cooldown though and it could have been used with either Demo shout or a potion to keep him alive.

From what I can see he didn't get any targeted heals for 2 seconds before he died and the other tank didn't taunt off of him when he was in Foul Crush so he was taking more damage than he should have.

Anyway hope this helps. As I said this is the first time I've done this so you can take it or leave it, it's up to you.

@Kurtston Just a general thing that may help him, despite the fact that Bonus Armor Potions give you Armor, they also give you damage. Using a Bonus Armor Potion gives you more Attack Power than a Strength Potion does (only for tanks, of course).

@Tarkuslumina You need 10 posts in order to post links, but you can actually fool the system (not sure if it's fooling though) by doing something like www google com by not putting the "." or something like mmo-champion.com which is by not putting the "www." or "http//".

@butkus In my opinion as a PvPer, just go with the one that gives you more ilvl (especially if it's 15 ilvl increase). And your Armory isn't working btw.

Tighe and Headscutter thanks for the tips i'll talk to him!

Morning all,

Trying to get some idea why my DPS is in the toilet, I max between 25-28k only on normal HHC with my other guildees are in the 40s and 50's, Ever since the WOD pack I Just cannot do the damage like I used to Its kinda depressing

Armory is here
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Harbard/simple

Logs are here
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...0218806/latest

thanks in advance..
    Last edited by obixcx; 2015-07-10 at 01:08 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hi,
    Maybe no t17, no haste cap 11%, and what is the interest of siegebreaker, AM is a better choice for fury.
    65% enrage uptime isn't good, be carefull of the use of berserker rage.

But Maybe i am wrong
    Last edited by Aurel49; 2015-07-10 at 02:02 PM.

thanks, I was was thinking haste, but there seems to be such a mixed opinion of it as for siegebreaker, I followed another guildees advice on that, I used to use ravager on pull for mobs (as per icy veins) combined with dragon roar on single target.. but not so sure now...
    Last edited by obixcx; 2015-07-10 at 05:08 PM.