Page 84 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hi There,

I'm just looking for some tips to help improve my DPS on my warrior, I traditionally have played ranged specs (mostly mage) and switched over to Warrior to help out the guild. I believe that I do perform adequately, but am hoping to possibly improve my performance as we head to Manno/Archi progression

Character name is Paralaxx on Illidan in the guild <Static> (can't post links)

Logs: Guild is under the name Le Static on Warcraft Logs and Tuesday 4/26/2016 is a good night to look at

I appreciate any feedback you guys can give, thanks

Hi, my name is Nightstrike, and I'm having some trouble figuring out what exacty I am doing wrong when it comes to playing my warrior lately.
    We are currently working on Mythic Archimonde and have opted to use the heroism and burn to P2 before the second Doomfire spawns. I've spent many pulls as both Arms and Fury due to some thinking I should be Arms instead and my burst is coming up short. From there my dps for the rest of the fight just seems lackluster compared to others, and I've been trying to fix it myself, but starting to run out of ideas.

My armor profile (currently in Fury spec and gear, I can change to Arms if need be).
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/N%C3%ADghtstrike/simple

Warcraft Logs:
    Fury:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/GK2aD8wtXNAH6xrv#type=damage-done&fight=11
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/GK2aD8wtXNAH6xrv#type=damage-done&fight=17
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/GK2aD8wtXNAH6xrv#type=damage-done&fight=16
    Arms:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/GK2aD8wtXNAH6xrv#type=damage-done&fight=19
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/GK2aD8wtXNAH6xrv#type=damage-done&fight=4

Pulls 9 through 16 were as Fury, and the remainder are as Arms in case you want to look at others. The ones I linked are of the lower % attempts. The difference in my Arms gear my weapon is just Hellrender, I use the mastery pants from council, the crit mastery ring from Iskar, and I use the heirloom trinket over EDH. I have heroic tier pants, but came to the conclusion through sims that it wasn't worth using them for Fury, and I assume they will sim lower than the M council pants for Arms.

@Nightstrike

When you say you have different gear for Arms, how off is it from BiS? Tier pants are BiS for both specs so I don't know why you are using other pants. What is your offest? Iskar chest is the offset for Arms and not too shabby for Fury either. Do you not have mythic unending hunger? A heroic UH is still pretty good, probably about the same as heirloom, in which case I would say just use a heroic UH.
    Last edited by Kirbypro; 2016-05-02 at 12:24 PM.

I may still have an Iskar chest. I sadly do not have a M UH. We only saw one, and I wasn't there the night it dropped. I do not have the M tier pants either, only heroic. We quit doing Mythic Gorefiend a long time ago and due to the lockout being just for our run for Mythic and pugging Mythic would be painful, I do not have a way to obtain them (We only did him enough to get the quest done to bypass him and maybe a few more, but that was it). I haven't pugged heroic Gorefiend in a while either due to playing Fury primarily and having better trinkets. I think I saw that H UH was slightly better than the heirloom, but not by a huge margin so I had not tried Gorefiend again yet. I probably will start making time on the weekends to try to get one this week.
    I just didn't think at the time of the post to go to a site to get a link to what I use for Arms and just listed the few differences. As far as using the pants go, I simmed two scenarios for fury and Arms each. One with the heroic tier pants, and the other using the non-set pants (Zakuun pants for Fury, Council for Arms), and the offset came out ahead (though I am not sure how accurate the Arms simulation is compared to Fury).

I would try to get a heroic UH, maybe get the heroic lockout to gorefiend and ask some guildies to farm it for you. It will take like 15 minutes of their time.

Have you simmed M Iskar Chest w/ H tier pants?

Deleted
    was progressing on mythic tyrant with our mainteam and some alts/pugs. But I got a bit sad for our armswarrior that never got over 100k+ which I thought/think was the dps he should have for his gear. Can anyone look at our logs and see what he does wrong? I have never played a warrior and dont feel all that comfortable nickpicking about things I dont really know about! He was playing arms with classtrinket/hunger.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/TcHr6R82jKkVCvnW

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...runst/advanced

Kirbypro
    I will try to see if I can get one. I can do it myself on the weekends (only a few would offer to help anyways). I did sim the chest with the pants for Arms, and it seemed better than my council pants with tier chest. I also fixed some enchants for Arms by switching one of my fury ones around. As for Fury goes, the tier chest with wf zakuun pants pull ahead by ~2k. These simulations were run for single target damage.

Quote Originally Posted by blulingo View Post
    was progressing on mythic tyrant with our mainteam and some alts/pugs. But I got a bit sad for our armswarrior that never got over 100k+ which I thought/think was the dps he should have for his gear. Can anyone look at our logs and see what he does wrong? I have never played a warrior and dont feel all that comfortable nickpicking about things I dont really know about! He was playing arms with classtrinket/hunger.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/TcHr6R82jKkVCvnW

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...runst/advanced
    Your warrior friend is not doing too bad. The basic stuff is good.
    1. He needs to pool rage better after the first bunch of executes. From that one pull, during execute phase on the first add, he cast CS and then 8 executes in a row. I think this implies that he is doing minimum rage executes after the first 3 or 4 full rage executes. Min rage executes are less efficient than full rage executes. He should just auto attack until CS is back up or you are almost rage capped to dump an execute.
    2. He needs to track his rend because he is casting it too much and way before it expires. The only time where I seek to cast rend before its <5s is if the execute phase is right about to come up and I don't want to deal with refreshing rend during execute.
    3. Its pretty easy to desync ring for Tyrant, he should do it. Its so much more damage. It actually also helps you progress because you can carry phase 2 damage if the 1st add is dying property, i.e. the add should go into execute range as the boss goes into phase 2. Hit /range 100 and hit the ring out of range of everybody. Ask raid leader for a 30 second pull timer and you should be good.
    4. He's applying rend during CS, which is bad

Deleted
    Thanks for the input! I will forward it to him, concerning the legenring, should he wait to pop it, and then pop it himself when the first add is at 20% and execute the damage to tyrant in phase 2? Is that better then saving it for bloodlust which we pop when the second add spawn?
    Last edited by mmoc140410406b; 2016-05-04 at 11:20 PM. Reason: more input

Yeah, lust doesn't help warriors that much.

Based on your overall raid dps, the time to kill the boss will be very close to 6 minutes or a bit over 6 minutes. He'll be able to ring for execute on 1st add, ring for execute on 2nd add, and a final ring to blow up the boss. Numbers should be hilarious. Save reck for 1st and 3rd ring. 2nd pot for 3rd ring. He could try out Avatar, not sure what the math is currently for Avatar vs BB. They are very close I think. If he likes seeing huge crits, avatar is fun. He won't reach 1mil executes normally but he can get there with phase 3 dmg buff.

I was away for half a year: finished BRF mythic, right before HFC released, and returned about a 1,5 month ago. Since now it's mandatory to run both arms and fury, and because of arms quirks, I barely can keep up with people on mythic Archi progression or any other arms pref fight. To a point, that switching to fury seems like an only option, because with fury I know what I'm doing and how to exploit spec.

This is a yday log of about 20 pulls on Archimonde, and this is armory.

Here some notes about gearing up and stuff:
    1. I know some of this gear makes no sense. It's just best I've managed to get before RL said that we stop going to first floor entirely. Since then it's been same story: we go into fresh HFC lockout, I get one boss down (last three weeks it was Xhul, Zakuun, Zakuun, Mannoroth, Mannoroth). When we move onto another, if it's not Archi progression immediately, I can't keep up with others due to unfamiliar encounter or my inability to arms, and I get benched.

2. This leads to issue of a trinket. I have Fel Burn, and Zakuun one, but not best one for arms. And probably won't, since alt raid clears only first five on mythic, and main raid doesn't touch first floor entirely.

3. And another issue is switching between two different to gear specs: I try to maintain my 11% haste and 30% crit for fury and don't switch to mastery gems and enchants, and it's a bother to do without stats on mythic gear. Slowly upgrading ring I've managed to get rid of 500 crit weapon buff and switch it to mastery, but rechanting everything else drops crit way below 30%, and most importantly, makes fury extremely unreliable. Getting some gear with bigger secondary stat pool and with crit base would make switching between specs much smoother.

4. Technical issue, which is virtually impossible to overcome: lag and executing. In perfect scenario, we go into encounter, I pop pre-pot/avatar/reck, rend Archi and immediately switch to ball of fire, hit Sweeping Strikes, CS it and mash Execute. And it fucking fails. Ball of fire goes from 40% to death in an instant, and judging from rage pool I missed execute even though I was mashing it hard. It's not latency, because it stays at ~50ms. It's not framerate, because everything stays above 50, even with "everyone pops everything" dip on pull. And I don't even try to put into it MS in meantime - Ball of Fire just goes from 40% to death in real time second and I no matter how hard I mash execute it whiffs most of the time.

At the same time, we have another new warrior trying to arms (in the logs), with better ilvl, with 795 ring and Teron Gorefiend trinket. He is pulling ahead, though not doing great either, and we both can't figure out why can't we get above 100k dps. Major difference from I can tell is he is slightly worse at managing rend, but that won't make him go nuclear on a 2target cleave boss that Archimonde essentially is.

So, where should I look to improve damage? Are my sweeping strikes missing secondary target for positioning reasons? What to do with Execute mashing to make it work?

While on same note: I've heard about desynch ring buff could do good, but quick google search gives nothing and there no other warriors in the guild to say on the matter. We didn't have ring during BRF progression, so where could I read up on how to do it for certain bosses as arms and fury for best potential?
    Last edited by AnotherJaggens; 2016-05-05 at 07:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Yeah, lust doesn't help warriors that much.

Based on your overall raid dps, the time to kill the boss will be very close to 6 minutes or a bit over 6 minutes. He'll be able to ring for execute on 1st add, ring for execute on 2nd add, and a final ring to blow up the boss. Numbers should be hilarious. Save reck for 1st and 3rd ring. 2nd pot for 3rd ring. He could try out Avatar, not sure what the math is currently for Avatar vs BB. They are very close I think. If he likes seeing huge crits, avatar is fun. He won't reach 1mil executes normally but he can get there with phase 3 dmg buff.
    Sorry for the noob question but how do you desync the ring on tyrant? we do it on iron when you can mount in but on tyrant? I really appreciate the help!

Basically after you rebuff after wipe, the rest of the raid stays in front of tyrant. Warrior turns on range radar for 100 yds. (just type /range 100) and runs away until nobody is within 100 yds. Pop ring then. The RL can start the pull timer at like 25 seconds and you should be fine. His ring will be on CD while everybody else can pop ring on pull. His ring will be desync'ed and about 30 seconds ahead of everybody else. All he needs to do is to make sure to pop it before 2 minutes, pop it at least before 1:55 into the fight to be sure not to ruin everybody else's rings.

-----
    @AnotherJaggens
    Regarding gear - Unending Hunger trinket I've mentioned in a previous post, it would be worth it for you to farm heroic gorefiend with pugs, until you get it use the hierloom trinket. Since there's no chance you guys are doing lower tier, I would suggest dropping some pixel gold on the mythic BOE boots with crit/mastery as they are 2nd BiS. For neck, if you guys are not farming upper anymore and just extending forever on archi, I'd suggest getting a crafted necklace, re-rolling the stats on that bad boy until u get crit/mastery with higher ratio on mastery.

Regarding Archi DPS - There are many discussions on Arms dps for Archi, just search the warrior forums or raid forums, they talk about tracking sweeping strikes damage, taste for blood vs sudden death, etc. etc. Give those a shot.

At a glance, you casted 77 executes in 18 pulls. That seems low, at 4.27 per pull on avarage. If arms is not executing, its garbage damage. Its fine if you can't get an execute in on the first doomfire, that happens. You still have to execute everything else.
    Last edited by Kirbypro; 2016-05-05 at 11:17 AM.

casted 77 executes in 18 pulls. That seems low, at 4.27 per pull on avarage. If arms is not executing, its garbage damage. Its fine if you can't get an execute in on the first doomfire, that happens. You still have to execute everything else.
    We push Archimonde through phase 1 in a single orb and dreadlord. I do manage to fit 2 through dreadlord, even tho RL pushes us to get as much damage as we can into Archi and go to p2 asap. That kinda fucks me up, I'd love to have a second set of dreadlord and doomfire to cleave from. Thank you, will try to focus on executing more.

Could you please tell me: what to do about extra CS and Whirl? Is CS (off cd because of t18) worth smashing into already active CS, or should I rather hold it and whirl, or just wait for surprise MS? Guides say to drop Whirl entirely when you have t18, but rage keeps capping and muscle memory hits Whirl.

Rage capping isn't really a thing unless u are in execute phase, in which case you dump some rage before capping on an execute.

If you have two or more rends going, I would never hit WW because MS can proc in a split second and you want to spam that.

For one rend (1 target), I think some people use a weak aura to track rend damage ticks. If a rend ticked and MS didn't proc you can use a filler in that free GCD.

For CS resets, with two or more rends going, I'd hold on to it to reapply CS on target.

For CS resets with 1 target, I'd say its the same rules as a filler (the highest priority filler) while tracking your MS resets. If CS falls off, you just hit CS.

Or.......you can forget about ww, faceroll CS and MS and still do decent numbers?? :P up to you.
    Last edited by Kirbypro; 2016-05-05 at 07:35 PM.

Rage capping isn't really a thing unless u are in execute phase, in which case you dump some rage before capping on an execute.

If you have two or more rends going, I would never hit WW because MS can proc in a split second and you want to spam that.

For one rend (1 target), I think some people use a weak aura to track rend damage ticks. If a rend ticked and MS didn't proc you can use a filler in that free GCD.

For CS resets, with two or more rends going, I'd hold on to it to reapply CS on target.

For CS resets with 1 target, I'd say its the same rules as a filler (the highest priority filler) while tracking your MS resets. If CS falls off, you just hit CS.

Or.......you can forget about ww, faceroll CS and MS and still do decent numbers?? :P up to you.
    Thank you again, your tips were extremely helpful.

Did MUCH BETTER today, and figured what I also never understood: Sweeping Strikes are cleaving to target that is in YOUR melee range, not TARGET melee range, like I've assumed before. Localized tooltip is outright misleading about this, it states that it's target next to your opponent. Because of that clarification managed to maintain decent numbers going into phase 3 and felt much better about myself. Also convinced people to do Teron mythic this lockout, so fingers crossed for that damn trinket.

Again, sincerely thank you.
    Last edited by AnotherJaggens; 2016-05-05 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blulingo View Post
    Sorry for the noob question but how do you desync the ring on tyrant? we do it on iron when you can mount in but on tyrant? I really appreciate the help!
    Have him run back to the guantlet room after socrethar, pop it there, and run back. Might not even need to go that far. /range 100

Was hoping to help out a fury warrior in our runs. Themistocles.

Little about him: His main is prot, but had to go fury for our mythic runs. I also know he plays on a laptop, so I dont know how well it plays (fps-wise and such), so that could also make it difficult. He tries really hard, always asking me for advice and such, looking up guides, and doing plenty of testing, but is still under performing.
    Here is his armory-- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stocles/simple
    Here are logs from last Wednesday-- https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...DJ9jrn#fight=8

I'm really bad at reading logs though, so it's hard for me to see what his issue is. He sounds like he understands the basic rotation, but is still missing something i feel like.

I know this isnt as much to go on as is asked for, but it's hard for me to specify when he's under performing on nearly all bosses.

Thank you for any info you can give

(also, feel free to critic Thilik as well if you want. I'm always up for learning my warrior better as well).

Deleted
    Any idea why the other warrior always destroys me on Archimonde?

I can't put it down to anything in particular:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...LcbvMP#fight=1

Deleted
    Time to call for help I guess...

The problem I have is that across the aboard I feel that I'm not providing enough DPS. When I see other Warriors in my guild on average do quite more when ilevels are comparable. It's been really frustrating for me this expansion to the point I tend to run away from the facts. Blame that I just cant play it anymore etc. I need to face this and improve it.

My guild has me not focus on any specific tasks. Just DPS. I tend to avoid Arms to not even make it more confusing for myself, so if you see a pro-Arms fight with me being Fury, that's correct.

My character's rankingspage for the current ilvl bracket he's in: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est#bracket=18
    It's not a lot of logs though, but I hope it can provide something for a guru to find something. Perhaps older logs provide with additional intel. Little point of shame, the HFA and Reaver logs for 26th of May, I accidentally had a vanity weapon equipped....ugh

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d/Gijoe/simple