Page 9 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i have a great problem to do more than 33k dps on ultraxion ¬¬
    ...awesome...

my rotation is:
    dance stance: MS-Slam-OP. HS on CD while Deadly Calm or with extra rage.
    without stance dance: MS-OP-Slam. HS on CD while Deadly Calm or with extra rage.
    I don't spam Execute, only use until MS open.

character Dragaunus-Goldrinn

Ps: I'm avoiding doing Stance Dance with my 220ms+.
    Ps²: can't post links yet :/
    Last edited by Dragaunus; 2012-01-27 at 08:44 PM. Reason: character name

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmoke View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...onsmoke/simple

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/

I usually open up with Battle Shout, Charge, Beserker Rage, and then Rend.

Then it's CS > MS > OP > Slam when everything else is on CD.
    You could reforge closer around caps. Check out wowreforge.com
    You should also gem for the bonus in your chest, belt and ring, it is easily worth it.

MS has a priority over CS.

Looking at the log:
    Low MS count, should be able to use it much more.
    You seem to be using very few Slams.
    You could have used Berserker Rage one/two more times.
    You didn't use Inner Rage at all, make use of that 2p bonus or it is worthless.
    You CDs are not stacked at all, they seem to be used very randomly.

This is what durations of cds and procs look like:

(Managed to det DC on there twice, ignore that ^^)

As you can see they don't overlap much.
    Your second golem pot isn't synced with anything, your reck isn't synced with anything.
    You only used DC twice in a 5 min fight, should be three times.
    Only used your 2t12 bonus 4 times in a 5 min fight.
    Rotting Skull can be used 4 times in a fight of this length.

Quote Originally Posted by Affdeus View Post
    i have a great problem to do more than 33k dps on ultraxion ¬¬
    ...awesome...

my rotation is:
    dance stance: MS-Slam-OP. HS on CD while Deadly Calm or with extra rage.
    without stance dance: MS-OP-Slam. HS on CD while Deadly Calm or with extra rage.
    I don't spam Execute, only use until MS open.

character Dragaunus-Goldrinn

Ps: I'm avoiding doing Stance Dance with my 220ms+.
    Ps²: can't post links yet :/
    Check out wowreforge.com to optimize your reforges.
    Other stuff sounds right (apart from seeminly putting prio on Slam over OP when stance dancing? don't do that) but doing something right and saying what you want to do are two totally different things.
    Try uploading a log of the ultraxion fight to worldoflogs.com and I will analyze your performance for you.

Quote Originally Posted by exblithion View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=928&e=1190
    heres my log from last night character name jaeco
    I already posted an analysis of this log in the thread you created so skipping this.
    Last edited by Siri; 2012-01-27 at 11:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Warriors.

Just got Gurthalak (403 version) and had some questions.

1. Is it worth it to stay Fury? Would I pull better #'s as arms? I ask this specifically for Gurth, as I heard something about Arms having more places for the tentacle to proc from. (I have low latency, and can work stance dancing into macros so it won't be very hard)
    2. If I stay fury, my OH selection is between 397 Ataraxis and 397 Experimental Specimen Slicer. I'm an Orc, so I'd normally say Axe for sure, except OH expertise is a non-issue.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    Hey Warriors.

Just got Gurthalak (403 version) and had some questions.

1. Is it worth it to stay Fury? Would I pull better #'s as arms? I ask this specifically for Gurth, as I heard something about Arms having more places for the tentacle to proc from. (I have low latency, and can work stance dancing into macros so it won't be very hard)
    2. If I stay fury, my OH selection is between 397 Ataraxis and 397 Experimental Specimen Slicer. I'm an Orc, so I'd normally say Axe for sure, except OH expertise is a non-issue.
    1. Not really, Arms is better in most (not all) situations. With just one Gurthalak Arms has more procs per minute than Fury does. (Even if you had two Arms would still be better though)
    2. If you have 2t13 use Ataraxis, if you don't have 2t13 use the Slicer.
    Last edited by Siri; 2012-01-27 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    You could reforge closer around caps. Check out wowreforge.com
    You should also gem for the bonus in your chest, belt and ring, it is easily worth it.

MS has a priority over CS.

Looking at the log:
    Low MS count, should be able to use it much more.
    You seem to be using very few Slams.
    You could have used Berserker Rage one/two more times.
    You didn't use Inner Rage at all, make use of that 2p bonus or it is worthless.
    You CDs are not stacked at all, they seem to be used very randomly.

This is what durations of cds and procs look like:

(Managed to det DC on there twice, ignore that ^^)

As you can see they don't overlap much.
    Your second golem pot isn't synced with anything, your reck isn't synced with anything.
    You only used DC twice in a 5 min fight, should be three times.
    Only used your 2t12 bonus 4 times in a 5 min fight.
    Rotting Skull can be used 4 times in a fight of this length.

Seriously cannot thank you enough!

Question

>>Lohe
    yeah, i have some logs but:
    "You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times."

I don't own Slam instead OP (Or maybe yes?).
    Usually, when I go to Battle Stance after the Slam and use OP, is the exact time to return in Berserker Stance and use MS off the CD.
    Or am I wrong?! ''

I feel that there are times that i lose DPS making Dance Stance. I don't understand why.
    So I decided not to do Dance Stance to have a DPS more solid. But these 33k that never changes is already bugging me.

Sorry my bad English.

Update: get the 403 gurth today

I have a specific doubt about 2t13.

I'm getting close to Simcraft's results for my dps on Ultraxion, but I can't squeeze the last 2.5% of the dps. Analyzing the log from the actual fight and the Simcraft log, one thing stands out: Heroic Strike should do a lot more damage than it is doing and Slam should be doing a lot less damage. All the other abilities are doing the same % of my damage in both logs. Is Heroic Strike better than Slam when Inner Rage is up or is it something else? Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribel View Post
    I have a specific doubt about 2t13.

I'm getting close to Simcraft's results for my dps on Ultraxion, but I can't squeeze the last 2.5% of the dps. Analyzing the log from the actual fight and the Simcraft log, one thing stands out: Heroic Strike should do a lot more damage than it is doing and Slam should be doing a lot less damage. All the other abilities are doing the same % of my damage in both logs. Is Heroic Strike better than Slam when Inner Rage is up or is it something else? Thanks in advance.
    IIRC, HS is better to use over slam ONLY with Incite up OR under 2pt13 Inner Rage.

However, my arms knowledge isn't the greatest.

15+ Year Old Account
    >>Lohe
    yeah, i have some logs but:
    "You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times."

I don't own Slam instead OP (Or maybe yes?).
    Usually, when I go to Battle Stance after the Slam and use OP, is the exact time to return in Berserker Stance and use MS off the CD.
    Or am I wrong?! ''
    You can break up the link (like put in spaces so it's like www .worldoflogs com/asugdasu/oasd and it will work.
    As long as you're prioritizing MS over OP and OP over Slam it's all ok, it was just your wording that made me wonder.

IIRC, HS is better to use over slam ONLY with Incite up OR under 2pt13 Inner Rage.

However, my arms knowledge isn't the greatest.
    No, don't prio Slam over HS when 2t13 is up.
    Only do it if 2t13 is up AND incite is up.

>>Lohe, you are genius.

Nick: Dragaunus
    Most recent Ultraxion - without stance dance:
    worldoflogs . com/reports/rt-595udvyuxyp0bjo4/sum/damageDone/?s=568&e=882

this... is a Heroic Ultraxion - stance dance. (and an dead by lag :P):
    worldoflogs . com/reports/jw3xztoc22ysm9te/sum/damageDone/?s=7409&e=7738

madness on last night (like a music name o0') -- without stance dance:
    worldoflogs . com/reports/rt-yxsivfag92ldaq5e/sum/damageDone/?s=2909&e=3788

and this... is my best on Normal Ultraxion... with Stance Dance (35k without heroism/TW).
    worldoflogs . com/reports/ffysvt7w7nlgdwxe/sum/damageDone/?s=3516&e=3806

After that, never again managed to maintain a high DPS.
    /cry
    Last edited by Dragaunus; 2012-01-29 at 05:33 AM. Reason: nick

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello, I posted a while back.

I am trying to improve my DPS but I seem to be unsuccessful. Armory.

I have done a 10-minute test on a training dummy. Here are the results. I also did a simulation in Simulationcraft. Got around 2k DPS more. I'm not sure how bad that is compared to what I pulled. I should note that My dps dropped by ~300 by the time i got out of combat.

Is it possible for you to find my flaw in this pic since I have no recent logs. If what I did is good. Then the problem is in non-Patchwerk type fights. I always seem to be around the last DPS on Morchok while an Arms Warrior from my guild is always near the top. I cannot figure out how I manage to fuck up that much. Please help!
    Last edited by Penegal; 2012-01-30 at 09:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    No, don't prio Slam over HS when 2t13 is up.
    Only do it if 2t13 is up AND incite is up.
    Re-read what I said.

HS > Slam during t13 and incite.
    Exactly what you reiterated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Re-read what I said.

HS > Slam during t13 and incite.
    Exactly what you reiterated.
    You said 2t13 OR incite.
    I said 2t13 AND incite (both up at the same time)

Deleted
    Okey, here we go. After tonights raid I thought I'd take a bit more look into the DPS I'm popping on Ultraxion Normal and toss it in here and see what pointers I could get.

The situation is this: We're going for Heroic kills but only managed Morchok HC this far due to alot of trouble with members. But I still wanna get the most out of my DPS before we actually get somewhere in DS HC.

This is my character: Tahrok

This are the logs from tonights Ultraxion Normal Kill: HERE

Here's what I think I did "wrong". I noticed I could've gotten in at least 1-2 more Inner Rage during the fight, however I felt that I would rage-starve myself if I'd pop em during the situation I was in.
    According to SimCraft however I should do fewer slams and try to get some more Heroic Strikes in there (due to the Tier13 2-set bonus I imagine), this would solve my worries above I assume. I do wonder though, is it really worth doing the Heroic Strikes instead of Slam? Slam just feels like so much more damage due to it's high hits.

The above is my main "worry" I guess, but any other pointers are welcome. I'll gladly take any criticism as long as it's not just "You suck!".

PS: I guess "You suck, because..." will do though ^_^

EDIT: Oh yeah, according to Simcraft I'm suposed to be able to pop around 39k
    Last edited by mmoc2c206b66ec; 2012-01-29 at 11:02 PM.

You suck because you didn't use any golemblood potions

On a more serious note I would use recklessness sub 20% with your second potion and first deadly calm during prepot. It seems you can squeeze in a few more abilities. 45MS, 33OP, 23Slam, 12Exe, 23 CS total 136 if you add 1 rend 3 battleshout and 5 heroic will you come to 145 gcds used out of the 164 possible gcds. Seems you loose a bit of time stancedancing or using heroic will? Its worth using slam read up a few posts above about that.
    Last edited by bigbad; 2012-01-30 at 12:48 PM.

bigbad already commented the missing gcds, dont worry so much about hs, its equally important that you keep up the ms gcd gcd repeat scheme and fill every gcd.
    i can add that executioner dropped two times and i am not quite sure what you are doing sub 20%. i hate the log browser in wol though...
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4110&e=4356 (hmm seems filters are not linkable, just add actor=your name)
    i would not use slam there and i still find it debatable to even use op sub 20% but for now lay off the slam and use ms>cs>op>exe

edit: well maybe a red it wrong with the slam, like i said i hate the logbrowser :/
    Last edited by Agathon; 2012-01-30 at 02:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    You suck because you didn't use any golemblood potions

On a more serious note I would use recklessness sub 20% with your second potion and first deadly calm during prepot. It seems you can squeeze in a few more abilities. 45MS, 33OP, 23Slam, 12Exe, 23 CS total 136 if you add 1 rend 3 battleshout and 5 heroic will you come to 145 gcds used out of the 164 possible gcds. Seems you loose a bit of time stancedancing or using heroic will? Its worth using slam read up a few posts above about that.
    Hehe, yeah I forget about Golemblood potions on non-progress bosses sometime. Ima try making it a habit (just recently went DPS from being Tank for a long time).

I think my main problem is that I fear rage-starving myself if I spam my buttons more, I think I'll just do it and see where it goes instead. MASH EVEN MOAR BUTTONS.

Quote Originally Posted by Agathon View Post
    bigbad already commented the missing gcds, dont worry so much about hs, its equally important that you keep up the ms gcd gcd repeat scheme and fill every gcd.
    i can add that executioner dropped two times and i am not quite sure what you are doing sub 20%. i hate the log browser in wol though...
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4110&e=4356 (hmm seems filters are not linkable, just add actor=your name)
    i would not use slam there and i still find it debatable to even use op sub 20% but for now lay of the slam and use ms>cs>op>exe
    Yeah, I'm a bit bad at keeping Executioner up, I've gotta start learning how to do that. Didn't actually figure I did any Slam during execution phase, but when you say it it comes back to me. Guess I'm a victim of habit

Cheers for the feedback.
    Last edited by mmoc2c206b66ec; 2012-01-30 at 01:41 PM.

Deleted
    Can you see anything I'm doing that is glaringly obvious as I feel I know Fury well and am doing as much DPS as I can. The only thing I will improve upon is gaining Executioner on the appearance of the Tendon and keeping Flurry up on the bloods but with regard to my damage is there something I am missing.

Please bare in mind my guild is outgearing me sometimes by 5 item levels but my GM is wanting me to put more out on the tendon. It was my first ever go on HC spine last night.

Thanks

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...264&boss=53879

15+ Year Old Account
    Nick: Dragaunus
    Most recent Ultraxion - without stance dance:
    worldoflogs . com/reports/rt-595udvyuxyp0bjo4/sum/damageDone/?s=568&e=882
    I'll look at this one since it is your most recent parse so it should be the most relevant.

Basically, the first thing I always look at is how often a player uses MS.
    Since people should stick to MS - filler - filler - repeat, which is 4.5 seconds long, the longer between MSs the long it takes to complete the cycle and the less abilities you put out during the course of the fight. The frequency should be as close as possible to 4.5 (but it's not really possible). I only look at the pre-execute phase since it is sometimes better to use Execute than MS so I don't want to contaminate the results by including that part of the fight.

Your frequency is 5.4s, you said you have 220+ ms. As a comparison I play with 150-200ms and my MS frequency is ~4.7s, this results in a huge difference in dps, getting the highest amount of MSs possible is of paramount importance.
    GCD usage is sort of low, if MS is not used as often as it should this is usually the case. You'll have to try to hammer your buttons harder.

OP/CS usage looks good. Slam usage looks low on the other hand.
    You should practice using Heroic Leap for dps on standstill fights like Ultraxion. It costs no rage and is off the GCD so it is free damage.

That's it for damaging abilities. Heading over to cd/buff usage.

Your executioner stacks fell off once, try your very hardest not to let that happen.
    You used Berserker Rage 9 times, 10 should be possible (11 is technically doable)
    Inner Rage was only used twice, at best it can be used as many timers as Berserker Rage, at worst it should still be significantly more than 2.
    Your first set of CDs is synced well with both your pre-pot and creche. Your second DC is also well synced, however, lining up your on-use trinket (90s cd) with your Deadly Calm (120s CD) costs you one use on the trinket in this fight. Had you been more aggressive with the use of the trinket you'd get one extra use out of it. Lining it up with CD increases the value of the on-use but it is not enough to make it worth missing one additional use of the trinket.
    When it comes to your third Deadly Calm, that one just never happened. The fight is long enough to fit three DCs.
    Your third trinket use (this could have been the fourth) is lined up with Recklessness which you properly saved for the end of the fight. However, this is also where you should be using your second potion (potion was instead used later, not synced with anything). Ideally you will be able to fit both your third Deadly Calm and your Recklessness inside the duration of the second pot, as well as the skull trinket covering all of Reck.

Hopefully I didn't miss anything here, if you feel like I did please ask follow-up questions :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Hybridpsycho View Post
    This is my character: Tahrok

This are the logs from tonights Ultraxion Normal Kill: HERE
    Using the same method as I did with my reply to the other poster.

Damage:
    MS frequency = 5.3s, spam MS harder, it needs to be closer to 4.5s (but unless you play with 0ms you won't actually reach 4.5 :P)
    You could fit a lot more abilities in the fight. If you don't use MS often enough and the time between abilities is too long that usually means that the person is either not hammering their keys fast enough or that they're using too much rage on HS so they get too few Slams in.
    OP usage looks good, Slam looks low, feel like you may use be using HS when you should be keeping enough rage for Slam.
    As with the other poster I encourage you to practice fitting in Heroic Leap while you're waiting for the GCD. (try using it when CS is up)

Buff/Debuff:
    You missed using one Sudden Death proc completely even though CS was not already on the target. You were also slow with one.
    As you pointed out yourself you could have used IR more. Looking at uptimes of IR and Incite I can see that you're using HS more than once without triggering IR even though it is not on cooldown.
    Someone else already pointed out that your Executioner fell off not once, but twice. This can't really be allowed to happen on a fight like this.
    You're not using Potions so I can't comment on your potion syncing.
    I can see that you're coupling Apparatus with Deadly calm, this is a good choice.
    Save Recklessness to the end unless you're going to be able to fit two of them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Sikkbass View Post
    Can you see anything I'm doing that is glaringly obvious as I feel I know Fury well and am doing as much DPS as I can. The only thing I will improve upon is gaining Executioner on the appearance of the Tendon and keeping Flurry up on the bloods but with regard to my damage is there something I am missing.

Please bare in mind my guild is outgearing me sometimes by 5 item levels but my GM is wanting me to put more out on the tendon. It was my first ever go on HC spine last night.

Thanks

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...264&boss=53879
    I'm going to be perfectly honest here and say that I am not as knowledgeable about Fury as I would like to be but I'll do what I can.
    I will, however, not look at every single attempt in detail so I'll just pick a few of them.
    From what I can see you are at least utilizing your globals in a good way most of the time. A few times, from what I could see,
    you could have fit an extra ability in the opening. It is hard (impossible really) for me to see what your rage plays out like in the fight
    so I can't really comment too much about Heroic Strike.

It rather seems to come to down Cooldown usage. For instance, your synapse springs were not always used while the plate was up.
    Since DW is only up while the plate is up, there is no conceivable reason to not have the springs active for every DW. Especially not
    since you're not using an on-use trinket. There is a really good discussion thread about Heroic Spine somewhere here on the Warrior
    forum, you should check that out since a lot of it revolves around optimal cooldown usage in this fight.

>>Lohe

wow, thx a lot
    the problem with the Latency really made me give up momentarily to do Stance-Dance.
    "arrives to give agony push the button and the skill does not exit."

about Deadly Calm/Skull, will try to use as quickly as possible so that it can be better used.

Ps: I have (390)EoU... it is better for Single-Target Fights (like a H.Morchok/H.Ultraxion)use (397)Crache+(LFR)EoU?
    And leave the R-Skull for fights that need Burst dmg.
    Last edited by Dragaunus; 2012-02-01 at 05:33 AM. Reason: forgot question