Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Name is Khade on Norgannon. I am Prot/Fury specced. I mostly tank during raids, but need to have my DPS up
    in cases that only one tank is needed.

us battle net/wow/en/character/norgannon/Khade/simple

Right now my DPS is sitting at about 15.5k. I know I have some gear that needs to be upgraded, but this still
    feels very low. I feel like part of my problem is my rotation.

Below is a World of Logs for a Heroic Staghelm attempt:

www worldoflogs com/reports/njbkykezanrcmcrb/analyze/dd/source/?s=2648&e=2884

Below is a World of Logs for a Normal Staghelm kill:

www worldoflogs com/reports/njbkykezanrcmcrb/analyze/dd/source/?s=3156&e=3461
    Last edited by Khade; 2011-11-01 at 02:56 PM.

Links:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Khade/advanced
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/26379/calendar/10-11/
    Struggled to find any logs where you were actually fury, rather than prot.

At first glance you're missing 3 major enchants, as well having enchanted your dps cloak with armor, your leggings should have 2 red gems and ignore the 20 haste socket bonus.

There are plenty of places where you can find out what your rotation should look like, and frankly mentioning that you think it's the problem is like saying "please go Google this for me or something, i don't quite care enough to do it myself"

Both the Sticky guide on here as well as EJ for starters.
    Dps = effort.

Well aren't you just a peach...Next time why don't you try asking instead of assuming. I don't need anyone to tell me how to gem or enchant my gear. That isn't what I asked. I stated that my DPS felt low even with the gear (enchants/gems and all) that I have.

I have read through the sticky guide and EJ extensively. I am using the rotation suggested. My point is that something still doesn't feel right.

What I would like is if someone could look at the logs I posted and see if I am doing something like not using Heroic Strike frequently enough, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khade View Post
    Well aren't you just a peach...Next time why don't you try asking instead of assuming. I don't need anyone to tell me how to gem or enchant my gear. That isn't what I asked. I stated that my DPS felt low even with the gear (enchants/gems and all) that I have.

I have read through the sticky guide and EJ extensively. I am using the rotation suggested. My point is that something still doesn't feel right.

What I would like is if someone could look at the logs I posted and see if I am doing something like not using Heroic Strike frequently enough, etc.
    So you come here asking for advice to your DPS and when pointing out the obvious faults in your gear is not what you wanted to hear, you get mad?
    I don't think anyone can help you with your bad playing.

Deleted
    download 'Enraged' addon from curse, and learn the rotation from that, my fury warrior has worse gear then that and puts out 22k-25k dps on the same fights, and around 40-50k on heroic majordomo

Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    So you come here asking for advice to your DPS and when pointing out the obvious faults in your gear is not what you wanted to hear, you get mad?
    I don't think anyone can help you with your bad playing.
    I have no problem pointing out the obvious faults with my gear. I stated from my first post that I knew that there were issues with my gear, but that I felt something else wasn't right.

Seeing as the rules for posting here state that you need to already have read the MMO and EJ guides I didn't feel the need to specifically state that I had read them. Just as other posters have not felt that same need.

Other people have posted similar questions to mine and received polite, helpful answers. I am not sure what it is that makes you and Galad feel the need provide insults instead of advice.

---------- Post added 2011-11-01 at 10:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Savator View Post
    download 'Enraged' addon from curse, and learn the rotation from that, my fury warrior has worse gear then that and puts out 22k-25k dps on the same fights, and around 40-50k on heroic majordomo
    Thank you. I will try that.

10+ Year Old Account

There's a correlation between gearing and playstyle. Crit strike on your cloak means higher flurry uptime which means more rage which means more heroic strikes. Don't dismiss what Galad said, it is good advice to max your toon as best as you can and will improve your dps alongside any changes you make to your rotation.

On my cell right now so I can't check the logs but I do want to comment that heroic strike is more about timing than frequency. You really want to push heroic strike through colossus smash for max efficiency. You can also track battletrance and incite procs through an add on like power auras.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    There's a correlation between gearing and playstyle. Crit strike on your cloak means higher flurry uptime which means more rage which means more heroic strikes. Don't dismiss what Galad said, it is good advice to max your toon as best as you can and will improve your dps alongside any changes you make to your rotation.

On my cell right now so I can't check the logs but I do want to comment that heroic strike is more about timing than frequency. You really want to push heroic strike through colossus smash for max efficiency. You can also track battletrance and incite procs through an add on like power auras.
    I'm not dismissing his advice, just his rudeness. I completely get that my gear needs to be properly enchanted and gemmed. If he was not so demeaning his advice would go a long ways.

Your second paragraph is great. Thank you for the (polite) advice!

I have fixed the enchants issue already and will test everything later.
    Last edited by Khade; 2011-11-01 at 04:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Name is Khade on Norgannon. I am Prot/Fury specced. I mostly tank during raids, but need to have my DPS up
    in cases that only one tank is needed.

us battle net/wow/en/character/norgannon/Khade/simple

Right now my DPS is sitting at about 15.5k. I know I have some gear that needs to be upgraded, but this still
    feels very low. I feel like part of my problem is my rotation.

Below is a World of Logs for a Heroic Staghelm attempt:

www worldoflogs com/reports/njbkykezanrcmcrb/analyze/dd/source/?s=2648&e=2884

Below is a World of Logs for a Normal Staghelm kill:

www worldoflogs com/reports/njbkykezanrcmcrb/analyze/dd/source/?s=3156&e=3461
    First of all I'd say your gear is very low and while I'm sure you're aware of that, you do need to temper damage expectations around that. I'm not purely speaking about ilevels, having no tier bonuses and only 6 of your items natively have crit on them and low crit will be damaging in a lot of ways to your dps. I would suggest BoE valor wrists (could buy for about 5k), JP tier 11 legs, if you can afford them crafted 378 legs and gloves (would probably cost 7-15k each). I'd personally take the license to slay trinket instead of Fury of Angerforge but hey if you can justify the extra burst in there I'd get in behind a HoR/Angerforge combo. I do think you'd see big dividends spending some time improving your gear, even some pug runs to BoT/BwD could upgrade a few slots.

On your logs I'll take a look at the staghelm normal kill, wipes are too slanted a view.

First of all cooldowns (Very, very important to nail these as Fury)

Those are your personal cooldowns (Rageheart from HoR, Forged Fury from Angerforge). You want as much as possible to line those up together. You delayed your cooldowns for about 30 seconds at the start which where possible should be avoided, delaying could cost you an extra DW or whatever at the end of the fight. Rageheart is the only one of those cooldowns out of your control so its important to track it and certainly of benefit to line up other cooldowns around it. In your first round of cooldowns you'd have benefited from Death Wishing earlier, using recklessness after a CS during this period and Angerforge as well if the stacks had built up. If the stacks hadn't built up to make that possible, well that in a nutshell is why a lot of people don't like that trinket.

Your heroism time seems a bit random, its usually best to have it asap on the normal mode of stag; little reason not to. A random heroism outside of your cooldowns is going to harm your potential. As well at the end popping recklessness when you knew angerforge would be available seconds later, its better to hold it a few moments longer in that situation.

On rotation its hard to know for certain without going into obscene depth but proportional damage seems ok. Rage dumping rate seems quite high which is good so long as that isn't causing you rage starvation. Obviously play the boss in front of you, its not going to be worth using colossus smash if the cat is going to be leaping out of your range for the duration of the debuff. You were blocked a few times as already pointed out which wont help. Your execute phase looked quite good, you didn't seem to be spamming execute and kept a high uptime of executioner.

I would guess the gear and cooldowns usage (you aren't pushing much above your curve during cooldowns) are the major problems here.
    Last edited by Aurora; 2011-11-01 at 04:48 PM.

I'm not dismissing his advice, just his rudeness. I completely get that my gear needs to be properly enchanted and gemmed. If he was not so demeaning his advice would go a long ways.

Your second paragraph is great. Thank you for the (polite) advice!

I have fixed the enchants issue already and will test everything later.
    I don't believe i was being rude, just blunt.
    I'm sorry if you thought i was rude, that wasn't what i was going for. But I also don't think there is anything wrong with my post.
    Last edited by Tearyn; 2011-11-01 at 06:01 PM.

Dps

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryki View Post
    I am tank trying to fury dps essentially on 1 fight in FL (Domo). Despite 4p dps set and 2h hc axe my dps/dmg lags behind poorer eqipped (new) fury warriors.

I have read loads up but still seem to under achieve (about 18k (rarely >20k) dps

I think I hit my BT cds pretty well, so I must be missing something. Stats are as recommended 13.5% hit, 21.5% crit 26/26 (unbuffed). I m wondering about my use of longer cds. I use Reck with Heroism, but other than that what else do you chain cds on (enrage, DW, reck)?

Thx
    Try pop all your cooldowns in the start, and always open with colossus smash when you use your cd's in the start (really helps you get the outburst you want). I got apparatus as well wich I use directly after my recklessness is gone because my Death Wish is still up and I reach 44% crit somewhere around there. When your Death Wish is off cooldown apparatus should be off cooldown as well. Really works for me, so if you got the tools you can probably pull out loads of dps!

Essence of the Eternal Flame Really is really good if you want to have a high outburst and have a decent cool down to play with. Reforge the mastery to crit and your good to go. Its not the best trinket but easy to get.

Aurora , thanks for the help saw a 2k dps gain this week w/o any new gear on Heroic Bale than on last weeks normal. also how do you view that on WoL, my duff details graph isnt the same.

I hope you realise that a 2k difference is perfectly within the normal RNG boundaries, so you could in fact have done exactly the same, but get 2k more dps?

Just wanted to thank everyone for the advice. My DPS went up by about 5k from what changes I was able to apply before our Tuesday raid. I am still working on fine tuning several things such as Power Auras, downloading addons, UI tweaks and gear upgrades. So, I hope to continue to make gains.

Below is my WOL from our Tuesday Baleroc kill. My DPS still needs a lot of work, but it is a huge gain for me:

www worldoflogs com/reports/qm6a6828nh5aqlqv/sum/damageDone/?s=5643&e=5820

A followup question I currently have is this. Is there a certain percentage of my damage I should be shooting for with each ability? For instance, should I be doing more than 10% of my damage with Heroic Strike, and more than 6% with Raging Blow? My percentages for the last Baleroc run are as follows:

Melee 34.7%
    Bloodthirst 22.8%
    Deep Wounds 10.6%
    Heroic Strike 9.3%
    Raging Blow 6.1%
    Execute 5.1%

Deleted
    BT and Melee should be closer to each other: 1) you dont use BT every time every 2nd gcd or 2) you dont put BT into rotation in execute phase (as in exe-BT RB- repeat)

Just to say this is all useful stuff - thx. With a strange mix of gear which does include Hc Zoid and Hc Skullstealer, but 359 boots things are improving (slowly - obv I was born to tank not dps, 'getting the gear but no idea').

My question at the mo relates to hit. I reforge to crit when possible (22%), my hit is now 15.5% is there a point when I reforge crit and hit gear to crit / hit and mastery i.e HH helm, Hc Fetish, N tier chest)?
    Last edited by Aaryki; 2011-11-04 at 03:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are points of intersection for both stats where they drop down the priority order. Crits value is never going to drop below any other stat in this tier even in full BiS its still ahead, it may or may not next tier but its certainly not an issue for now. Hit will with TG at a certain point with mastery, most say something around 14-ish percent although at 15.5 you're talking about a minimal gain really to reforge some to mastery.

Check simcraft for exact weights, it differs depending on gear build.

Deleted
    ... no words.... then why do people suck the first place . . .why do they play the game !!?

Deleted
    Hello all i'm a Tank with a Fury DPS off spec.
    armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ctave/advanced
    I recently got asked to come as DPS for some 1 tank fights but I am worried about my overall DPS a bit.
    I did a quick simulationcraft with my current dps gear and just some basic food buffs. However, when i compared my dpsing on a dummy it was just about 1.7k dps lower than the simcraft calculation. I do understand that simcraft does take into account a sub 20% execute phase however... watching the simcraft calculations i notice that during a 500 second simulation i sit and "wait" for about 1 minute time in total doing nothing. So my question is: Are there anything I could do during the time I wait for my cooldowns to refresh?

Help w/Prot DPS

It was mentioned in a thread on Dungeons & Raids that I should be doing a lot more DPS as a tank - I hover around the 9-10k mark usually on fights without bonus mechanics (e.g. HM Majordomo, Alys). Supposedly this is way low with my gear. I co-tank with a Druid who does about 14k on average and has spiked up to like 18k or so sometimes.

Normal priority is SS > Devastate > Revenge. SB is used every time it's up unless I know a big spike is coming and need to save it. Str/Mastery Avengers trinket is used whenever up (normal trinkets are Mirror + Essence, switching out as needed), but is not macro'd to anything (I might macro it to Inner Rage/Heroic Strike). I have Inner Rage macro'd to Heroic Strike and Cleave. I usually have 4pc T12, but always at least have my 2pc bonus. I normally use Retaliation on the pull or immediately after except where there's a delay (e.g. Beth'tilac, Rhyolith, Alysrazor). I usually don't use Recklessness unless I'm not directly tanking the boss so I don't risk dying from the +20% extra damage. I'm specced 8/2/31 with 3/3 Deep Wounds, 2/2 Cruelty and 3/3 Incite.

Here's the log from Friday: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3gzivegnbeiofur5/ (Druid had connection issues so we had a DPS use his not great tank set, and he had not tanked Firelands before so that's why there are wipes on easy bosses)
    and here's from Saturday: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2bgx305jbu2s754y/ (same tank, so hence issues on Rag after HM Majordomo. Killed him Sunday with a different second tank, but didn't log it)

Can anyone take a look and provide any pointers or mistakes that I'm doing (or anything glaringly wrong with the raid itself? I know this is the Warrior forum though, so I'm mainly focused on myself)? If I'm not operating at my full potential I need to know so I can improve it, but other than perhaps missing a HS here or there I can't find anything that I'm doing wrong if I should be doing a lot more DPS than I am currently.