Page 7 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Armory: us battle net/wow/en/character/shadowmoon/Cuterthnsnak/advanced
    Ultraxion 25normal log: worldoflogs /reports/kuz5vd9hvex3tvme/details/56/?s=9672&e=9979

I was using the Heroic version of Bone Link Fetish, which semed to be lackluster for single target fights, i received the Creche of the fallen last night so i've switched.

I just switched from fury to arms as i feel i need to be able to play both specs equally but my dps seems low in arms. I'm fairly certain my biggest problem is not using HS enough(or at all in some cases /cry) because i'm afraid i'll get rage starved. It seems i can usually get the rotation to line up to be MS > Slam > OP > MS > CS when needed > OP > MS or MS > OP > Slam > MS > OP > CS when needed > MS. Any Tips would be greatly appreciated.

Additional note: I've got a normal mode slicer and a normal mode cudgel as well as a LFR Gurthalak.

Sorry i cannot post links =[

Hey I have a question about my dps. I usually play fury, but I recently switched to Arms as I was told that it was a better spec to play in, if I dont have my Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps. So back to the point, when I test out my DPS on the raid dummies, I average about 17-19k dps, and when I am in DS normal, or even FL, I do about 19-20k DPS even with raid buffs. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I have checked my gear thoroughly, made sure that my hit is as close as possible to 8% (currently 8.34%) and also made sure that my expertise is at least 26. When I ask my other guild members about what I am doing wrong, they tell me to make sure my gear is optimized and make sure I am enchanting, reforging, gemming right. I checked it all, and double checked with , wowreforge, askmrrobot. Lastly I also did a simulation on simcraft, and it says I should be doing 27041 DPS, but I don't seem to be getting even close to that number.

My rotation currently is,
    Start off with, battle shout > charge > berzerker rage> rend > colossus smash

Single Target Rotation: MS > OP > Slam (if MS or OP is on CD), CS (if I need to refresh the CS) and HS when 70+ rage.

AoE : Spread rend with Thunder Clap > Cleave > sweeping strikes bladestorm

My armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/spirestone/Proxy/simple (sorry cant post links unless I posted a few times)

sorry I dont have a log in WoL so I can only provide this amount of information.

From this type of information, I really don't know if I am either doing my rotation completely wrong, if the rotation is right, am I still prioritizing the skills wrong, or its just my gear in general that I can't pull too much DPS.

Thanks in Advance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kopcap View Post
    Need some DPS tips please. Especially confused about execute phase, where I go BT - CS - Exec x 4 and then into CS > BT-Exec-BT-Exec rotation burning excesses into HS. I can't understand why DPS plummets so much towards the very end.

LFR Ultraxion http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...ce/?s=73&e=360
    Armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...opcap/advanced

Also, is it better to use recklesness on the first CS to make sure it takes all the prepot or on the second to take advantage of stacked Vessel?

Prepull macro:

ps Had some bad rng with Slams in this log.
    pss Delaying DW/pot would not be an option obv cos its LFR and its impossible to tell how long the fight will last.

Here are two more logs where I delayed DW with pot and used a Exec to 5, then normal rotation with Exec on every 4th gcd to keep the stacks up.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y...ce/?s=14&e=273
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...ce/?s=41&e=360
    The Execute-phase is all about responding to your rage bar and what it is trying to tell you. You want to be at a very high amount of rage when transitioning into the Execute-phase. This is to ensure that quick-stacking Execute won't lead to rage-starving and sub-30 Executes (wasted rage compare to BT). If you do however have a bad transition and cannot Execute-spam without causing sub-30 Executes, you should rather go for a slow-stacking method of alternating BT and Execute. After the stacking-phase, you really need to focus on and understand your rage income. If you're abled to consistently push 30-Executes, that's what you should. If not, alternate in BT when you see a drop in Rage, or if you simply lack the rage in general to do an Execute-spam rotation.

Definitely use Recklessness just as you push your initial and first Colossus Smash.

I cannot stress enough how badly I'd never ever want to use that macro. You're basically popping Death Wish and sitting on 0 rage, which is just wasting it. Depending on your own style (and somewhat on T12 2P if you have that) you could either:
    A: Prepot > BT > BS > BT > CS (+DW+Reck) > BT > ...
    B: Prepot > BT > CS (+DW+Reck) > BT > ...

Macro's are fine, but some of them attempt shortcuts that only exist in your mind.

Armory gives a 500 Error at the moment, and your logs are inaccessible, so I cannot really look further into things.

Hey everyone, I feel like with my gear I should be doing a lot more dps as fury than I currently am. I feel my rotation is pretty much solid. BT CS RB BSproc. Priority. Umm I use my 2p13 inside of CS as much as I can and have a power aura to show when im over 70 rage to HS outside of IC. Also I was told I should being doing a new execute priority. Previously I would stack 5 then bs - exe - bs - exe .. so on and such, using CS on cd. Is that wrong? If anyone can look at my logs or anything I would be eternally greatful.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Ashes/simple

I know I'm missing 1 jc gem.. waiting to get pants and put all 3 in them

http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/22580/

Quote Originally Posted by Apothysis View Post
    I cannot stress enough how badly I'd never ever want to use that macro. You're basically popping Death Wish and sitting on 0 rage, which is just wasting it. Depending on your own style (and somewhat on T12 2P if you have that) you could either:
    A: Prepot > BT > BS > BT > CS (+DW+Reck) > BT > ...
    B: Prepot > BT > CS (+DW+Reck) > BT > ...
    I left out mastery swap, its the only reason I pop DW before the pull. Rage is an issue however, barely have any rage if I go straight BT > CS.

Armory gives a 500 Error at the moment, and your logs are inaccessible, so I cannot really look further into things.
    Armories are screwed atm, here are a couple of logs that should work. Spent good 40 seconds in the final phase on the second log, so could spam execute a lot more. I can see that I can manage IR a bit better, prot habit of keeping it on cd and forgetting it exists

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...rd/?s=59&e=357
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...ard/?s=3&e=344
    Last edited by kopcap; 2011-12-24 at 06:27 AM.

Deleted
    I left out mastery swap, its the only reason I pop DW before the pull. Rage is an issue however, barely have any rage if I go straight BT > CS.

Armories are screwed atm, here are a couple of logs that should work. Spent good 40 seconds in the final phase on the second log, so could spam execute a lot more. I can see that I can manage IR a bit better, prot habit of keeping it on cd and forgetting it exists

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...rd/?s=59&e=357
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...ard/?s=3&e=344
    Ah, that of course changes a lot (I still wouldn't use a macro though!). Generally you want Heroism at the very start to boost the Mastery-swapping, but that's of course not always available. Seeing as Berserker Rage isn't needed for the Mastery-swap, consider delaying it until you pop your CS and Recklessness.

From what I can see, the cooldown usage looks fine in both logs. Are you perhaps overkilling yourself with Heroic Strikes at the start? Or during the Execute-phase (or pushing any sub-30 Executes)?

You could definitely push more IR's indeed. If you have the two-set, keep in mind that it's not only a lower GCD but also a lower cost now. Generally you do want to try and fit four Heroic Strikes into every second CS (aligned with IR) which definitely shouldn't be impossible with wise rage spending. Armory still isn't up, so I can only ask for now:

Do you have the 2PT13? If so, how have you adjusted your gear for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Apothysis View Post
    Are you perhaps overkilling yourself with Heroic Strikes at the start?
    Nah, I am careful with rage. Just lack of flurry/acceleration 3 seconds into the fight sucks I think.

Generally you do want to try and fit four Heroic Strikes into every second CS (aligned with IR) which definitely shouldn't be impossible with wise rage spending.
    You mean it is safe to macro IR into CS then?

Do you have the 2PT13? If so, how have you adjusted your gear for it?
    I am in t12 4p, Shannox 391 main hand. I know about hit.

Deleted
    Nah, I am careful with rage. Just lack of flurry/acceleration 3 seconds into the fight sucks I think.

You mean it is safe to macro IR into CS then?

I am in t12 4p, Shannox 391 main hand. I know about hit.
    If you'd like, yes. There isn't any better time for IR.

Honestly, I think your weapon might be the limitation here. With both a 5% physical damage loss and a pretty massive Deep Wounds-"fix", Firelands-gear puts Warriors quite far behind.

Thank a lot for your help.

I switched my offspec to Arms from Fury after seeing that Arms is pulling ahead - my main spec is Prot but for normal modes at least my Bear co-tank solo tanks Morchok, Yor'sajh and Spine so I (am forced to..) go DPS for 5/8 bosses (thanks a lot, Blizz) and only tank Gunship, Ultraxion and Madness. My offspec gear is fairly crappy, mainly Firelands normal gear with a 359 helm from T11 (yay...), using Pit Lord's Destroyer and normal Apparatus/Vessel as trinkets.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I'm only doing about average of 23k which seems a bit low, although I spiked to around 30k on Zon'ozz, but he has a damage taken debuff. Here's a log from last night's Yor'sajh normal kill (chose Yor'sajh because it's fairly straightforward tank and spank): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z...?s=5645&e=5938

Is there anything glaring that I'm doing wrong? I'm following the basic priority of Rend > CS > MS > OP > Slam as filler > HS when Battle Trance procs or above 70 rage. Since I still have my 2pc T12 I'll sometimes use Battle Shout in place of a Slam. I pop Deadly Calm at the start of the fight usually. Recklessness I tend to hold off on until I know I can use it without taking crazy raidewide damage. I pop my Apparatus whenever I get 5 stacks of titanic strength and it's off cooldown. I do not currently stance dance. During Execute phase I switch to Berserker stance and ignore Overpower (probably a bad thing that I should stop doing).

Deleted
    Hi, those are few logs about me.
    My armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/runetotem/Grimrack/advanced

My logs in order of Item level.

Madness 384IL: worldoflogs.com/reports/mv7dx4qahq8zlj2k/sum/damageDone/?s=8230&e=9046

Hagara 385IL:worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-s9j5251m3fxoxvi2/sum/damageDone/?s=4780&e=5198

Ultraxion 385IL: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dq1a9rg41meqgkvl/sum/damageDone/?s=44&e=379

How should improve my dps?

Hello My character name is Meraut from US-Blackhand
    My questions are as follows:
    1. I am an AVID fan of the arms spec, that being said is it a worthwhile investment to try and learn fury? Ive tried in the past and just utterly fail at the spec.
    2. Heroic slicer or Normal Gurth? I cant decide, i have yet to get my hands on a normal gurth though.
    3. I cant help but feel my dps is low... not really sure why. Im preforming things correctly and avoiding rage starving, here are some logs.(All were taken before i got my H Slicer and 397 belt[378 previously]). Cant post any links cause im new! But im under Us-Blackahand, Faded Dreams on WoL.
    51,198 DPS, Arms(Heroic Yorsahj)
    36,642 DPS Arms(Ultraxion Normal)
    33,698 DPS, 81 Ranked Arms (LFR Spine)
    37,074 DPS, 151 Ranked Arms (Heroic Hagara)
    all parses listed are kills and such, again done with the 397 slicer( just got mah shiney new heroic axe today )
    Please let me know what you guys think! I am extremely critical of myself as im fairly new to the "hardcore" raiding scene(8 months or so). I would love any feedback or criticisms, thank you in advance!

I have a question concerning Yorsahj 25 HC, as we killed him today and i am looking for ways to improve my DPS (i play arms).
    I did ~ 54k and was also ranked on WoL but when i saw the numbers other arms warriors are pulling in this encounter (up to 69k by Verdisha), i am asking myself how to improve. I know that players like these have better equipment, faster kill times, better strategies and are overall a much better player than i am, but still...

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5146&e=5742 (our WoL log from yesterday)

We kill yellow, except when there is red, yellow and green, then we kill the latter. If there is no yellow, we destroy black.
    If he have a double-add-phase we kill the first wave as usually, and for about 5 seconds we nuke the second wave (then the orb already spawned) and we rush out to kill it, the adds follow us and we try to bomb them on the run. They are mainly killed when we are back on the boss, not enough DPS on the blobs otherwise.

I run the bladestorm + TC (-5 rage) glyphs in this encounter. When adds spawn, i TC as soon as more than 1 is around, whirlwind right after, MS and then go Reck+Bladestorm. Right after, SS + MS>TC>WW>CS>OP, trying to line up DC when we have a double add phase.

So where is room to improve? Shall i chose TC/WW>MS with all adds clustered, just using MS to keep up Ltts? The other TC glyph (+range)?

Thanks a bunch.

Deleted
    Yorsahj heroic is randomness incarnate. If you have alot of blacks to dropkick you're suddenly gonna find that your DPS is alot higher. When progressing on that fight my DPS was a fucking rollercoaster from try to try. Sometimes you did lots of DPS due to a high ammount of adds and other tries you had one or no black oozes and as such produced very little AOE DPS and had alot lower output. You're just as valuable even if shit doesn't go the AOE way but your numbers aren't gonna compare with those that had alot of blacks.

Hi guys,

I'm currently running 10man normal DS, but I'm stuck at Ultraxion at the moment and don't know if I'm doing acceptable dps, and can't figure out how to increase my dps further.
    Doing normally 30k dps pre-poting, flask + food, using Deadly Calm at the beggining of the fight and Recklessness right after DC is gone.
    Ilvl is 386 equipped.

If someone could give me some tips it would be greatly appreciated.

Armory link: can't post links. But the char is Fearnot, orc Warrior - Brazillian Realm: Nemesis.
    Obs: Missing boots enchant, but I got it after raid was over.
    Obs2: Don't know how to properly use 2pt Inner Rage.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ulmoz View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm currently running 10man normal DS, but I'm stuck at Ultraxion at the moment and don't know if I'm doing acceptable dps, and can't figure out how to increase my dps further.
    Doing normally 30k dps pre-poting, flask + food, using Deadly Calm at the beggining of the fight and Recklessness right after DC is gone.
    Ilvl is 386 equipped.

If someone could give me some tips it would be greatly appreciated.

Armory link: can't post links. But the char is Fearnot, orc Warrior - Brazillian Realm: Nemesis.
    Obs: Missing boots enchant, but I got it after raid was over.
    Obs2: Don't know how to properly use 2pt Inner Rage.

Thanks!
    I haven't really paid attention to minmaxin and "fixing dps" lately but I got a couple tips you may or may not find useful.

Depending on your situation with money I think you should get the best enchants and gems for at least the BiS gear you got (cloak, 50crit -> 65crit enchant and 40str -> 50str gem). Sounds like a small upgrade but it adds up. If you got the justice points you should get Gauntlets of the Molten Giant for 2p set bonus which is a nice dps boost. Then get +50 str enchant on them.

Best enchants and gems for at least the best items does wonders.

Also, try macroing Inner Rage with your Heroic Strike and you should get a hang of it. Something like
    #showtooltip ((Inner Rage or Heroic Stike))
    /cast Inner Rage
    /cast Heroic Strike

I'm not sure how that works as I don't usually create my macros myself :P

Hope this helped?
    i <3 u

Quick Question:

How big of a deal is it to be unable to upgrade from 378 weapons?

I've only been able to pull around 28-29k DPS on Ultraxion as of late despite a 391 ilevel [[Mostly from LFR gear]] -
    Is this merely because I'm still in Fury?
    Would a weapons upgrade actually be that big of a jump for me?
    I've been trying to get myself raiding for this patch but absolutely no guild will pick me up until I get at least an LFR Gurth. [[Which I've had no luck on.]]
    I can't even seem to get H-FL weapons to drop for me.

I absolutely can't stand playing arms and it feels like I'm going to go absolutely nowhere unless I get gear I can't get or make the swap to a play-style I absolutely hate.

I'm not 100% concerned about min-maxing as I'm not rushing for server firsts - I just want to be pulling what I should be in this spec and each upgrade I've gotten outside my weapons has been minimal at best.

Edit - Lolarmory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d/Kraai/simple
    Last edited by Kraai; 2012-01-12 at 06:29 AM.

I have a question about the use of Overpower, Slam, Incite, Recklessness and HS with the 2 piece.
    I'm quite happy with the damage I'm putting out, despite having no 2 piece and a 378 weapon as Arms. My question was someone pointed out to me that I was doing it wrong and it was a DPS loss for not hitting Overpower as soon as it procced. I would usually hit slam once or twice after MS then MS again then hit Overpower. I don't feel it's a DPS loss because as long as I actually use the Overpower proc before it procs again, then I'm not wasting it. My reasoning behind that is, although Overpower has a naturally high % chance to crit, Slam, when it does crit, does a lot more damage.
    Next question about Incite; in the times I do actually have rage to Heroic Strike, do I want to take Slam out of the priority and save that rage I would've used for Slam on HS when I do get Incite?
    When I hit Recklessness, do I want to completely ignore Overpower and just spam Slam between MS?
    And last but not least, do I completely replace Slam with HS when I do eventually get the 2 piece?

Hey guys,

I have been raiding fury on my warrior since firelands, but played my hunter for the first tier of content in Cata. I have pretty good gear and I do ok compared to other furys as far as parsing. Im looking for help to see if there anything more I can do to maximize my dps as fury, or just go arms. Theres a significant gap for the top parse for arms vs fury, but the median gap for top 40 arms vs fury is pretty close, as in, the top fury parses would be part of the top 40 arms parses if they were combined. I do have 2 403 gurths and is a big reason why I have stuck with fury, along with having to setup and relearn arms since I havent raided arms since ulduar. Basically I want to know if I am essentially capped where I am now of if there is more I can do.

Armory is: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aciouzd/simple

logs are: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/148489/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/106195/

Maybe an easier way to find my logs for the better ranks would be going to wowheroes since it lists them all and you can just click to go right to the specific log since it wont let me direct link on wowheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by MoeMm View Post
    I haven't really paid attention to minmaxin and "fixing dps" lately but I got a couple tips you may or may not find useful.

Depending on your situation with money I think you should get the best enchants and gems for at least the BiS gear you got (cloak, 50crit -> 65crit enchant and 40str -> 50str gem). Sounds like a small upgrade but it adds up. If you got the justice points you should get Gauntlets of the Molten Giant for 2p set bonus which is a nice dps boost. Then get +50 str enchant on them.

Best enchants and gems for at least the best items does wonders.

Also, try macroing Inner Rage with your Heroic Strike and you should get a hang of it. Something like
    #showtooltip ((Inner Rage or Heroic Stike))
    /cast Inner Rage
    /cast Heroic Strike

I'm not sure how that works as I don't usually create my macros myself :P

Hope this helped?
    Yeah, I got the gloves for the 2pt now, but I'm only using it for pot/shout pre-pull. Do you think it's best to just equip it all the fight?
    Will try getting the 65 crit, but right now red epic gems on my realm run for 3~5k, kinda expensive for me right now.

Thanks for your help!