Page 22 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just looking at your armory, you need to fix your reforging etc. I'd recommend using AskMrRobot for a start and getting more crit. Until you do, just go arms - your crit is really low for Fury.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

I do use mr robot to reforge. What crit % would i want for fury?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Thank you for the help, I'll see how Garalon goes this Monday.

So sub 20%, I should still kill legs when my CD stacking/ Execute combo is not up, right? Would you recommend glyphing raging wind as SMF with healers who have mana issues, or stick with BT glyph for the healing, or Bull rush for extra rage? And you say raging blow hits on the leg and body twice- does this mean you recommend meatcleaver buff (WW) - CS - RB - WW - RB to get 2 doubletarget RBs into one CS as long as I have the rage? Or did I misread.
    Yeah, that's exactly what I am recommending.

As soon as you get into Execute range on a leg, totally forget about cleaving. Just mash execute to spike your damage up (w/ a CS before if your raid's damage is particularly low. You have to keep in mind how quick a leg drops, so you might be wasting CS duration on an execute phase leg as opposed to a fresh leg.)

Also, don't use glyph of BT or Bull Rush.
    If BT makes a difference, your healers need to play beeter.
    Bull Rush is also really negligible. Glyph of Raging Blow is viable for Stone Guard and Garalon as SMF.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 01:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by owalaz View Post
    I use ReforgeLite and it does just fine. Just change the calculation speed so it can run more scenarios per click so you can find the best combination of secondary's as PER values state.

A good baseline crit for fury is 20 percent, unbuffed. (Bosses have crit dampening, which takes away 3 percent crit, before Bloodthirst. 20 -> 17 x 2 = 34 percent Bloodthirst chance.

With raging blow being a larger chunk of TG's damage then SMF, it makes sense that TG values crit slightly more then SMF. It's very important for both playstyles, but moreso TG.
    Last edited by Roseby; 2012-11-24 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by owalaz View Post
    Personally I want around 40% unbuffed. For now I just go with as much as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    This entire tier, we won't reach any sort of breaking point. Perhaps in 5.2, but this board will be sure to have that kind of info heavily debated/simmed.

Reforgelite works well and fast in case you do upgrades in the middle of raid

10+ Year Old Account
    I killed Garalon yesterday after a total of 70 wipes over 2 weeks, felt pretty good. Thanks for the help Roseby, ranked 77th percentile on 10 man normal for Fury, I even got the chest off of him.

On Windlord, would you say that the initial AoE or the burn phase is more important? Take Bladestorm for the initial AoE and Dragon Roar for the burn phase - which one would you recommend? I have heard people doing it either way. I tried out Glyph of Rude Interruption there but since our other interrupters are not dumb so I can't get any off so I might just go back to Heroic Leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd recommend Bladestorm. You can sim it/check logs as to which is more important, as per AoE vs Burn. (I believe it is AoE though).
    I am SMF, so I get that much more out of burn phase, as opposed to a TG War who would have more of an affinity towards AoE phase.

It's not like the gap is huge. Both sub-specs should come out relatively equal, but I wouldn't be surprised if TG had a slight edge.
    Last edited by Roseby; 2012-11-27 at 06:24 PM.

It's not like the gap is huge. Both sub-specs should come out relatively equal, but I wouldn't be surprised if TG had a slight edge.
    Yeah, our TG warrior always tops the two SMF warriors' damage on that fight, then when it gets near execute phase we move up toward him.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

Looking for a way to increase my damage/dps on a couple of fights and altogether.

Heroic Garalon Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ses&boss=63667
    I have been playing arms because my guildies suggested it. I think my sweeping strike damage is a little low on a lot of attempts. Our strategy is having melee kill just 2 of the legs when they are up, however, I feel that my SS should still be a little higher on the attempts I was in for.

Heroic Blade Lord: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ses&boss=63664
    I been playing fury for most of the fights. I feel I am doing things right as far as rotation, but the numbers are not there in comparison to other warriors.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iirun/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ch...&e=5501#Roseby

I don't think arms has an advantage over Fury, even w/ Sweeping Strikes.
    I don't really find Arms so viable w/ any concrete advantage over well played Fury so I can't comment on that but... Blade Lord...

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1011&e=1443 You
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3709&e=4167 Me

You only used heroic leap once. I used it 8 times to lesser effect, and got an extra 1.4 percent damage.
    Use your heroic leap inside of your CS. If it's not up, wait for the next CS.

When he sucks you in, use heroic throw for a bit of DPS.

Your RNG has you critting about what 60 percent of your Executes. Even w/ Reck some of those were just good luck, so I think your DPS is a bit inflated.

One of your main problems is the heroic strikes. I don't think you are pooling your rage right or dumping it right if you have so few heroic strikes.

You want to hit 2-3 heroic strikes in every CS. If you have to miss a GCD with say, an unprocced WS, then do it.
    It's a DPS gain to miss that unprocced WS (provided you aren't rage capping) in order to thicken your CS sequence.

On that note, you should be using Dragon's Roar. You didn't use it at all.
    It is free, it does great damage per rage, and it occupies a GCD.

The first two are great things, and the third thing doesn't mean you are losing out on DPS as you rage pool for your CS.

This is not particularly analytical on my part but hopefully these tips can help push you to be more competitive. It's all about your CS.
    Roseby - Fury/Arms Warrior
    Jobei - Elemental Shaman

Requiel's #1 Fan.

Thanks for the advice Rose. I will try to do some of these things. I always figured my HS was really low, but did not expect it to be such a big difference between myself and another warrior. I did use Dragon Roar by the way. I always try to use it with CS/BB/Enrage at least. And I usually Heroic Leap away instead of using it for a DPS gain. I will start to do otherwise. Thanks again

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying to not use heroic leap for survivability. Alot of other classes don't have that luxury. You can use it for mobility and have it as a DPS gain, having more uptime then you would otherwise to outweigh the leap damage itself.

Just saying you didn't use it in that capacity. It's not always the best way to use it, but it is a highly viable, sometimes recommended option (depends on fight).
    Jobei - Elemental Shaman

Requiel's #1 Fan.

Wondering if anyone could look over some of these logs and see if there is anything I am doing wrong in just my general rotation? I am sitting at about 485ilvl I feel I am performing a little lower than I should be. Any help would be appreciated.

here is my armory : us.battle(dot)net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/Fearoth%C3%A8/advanced
    here is my logs worldoflogs(dot)com/reports/5xymyqm9b6fz7xh6/details/263/?s=12688&e=13042

unable to post links so if could remove the dot.

Hi, still having trouble as Arms. Dead last in nearly every fight. Most recently it was heroic Blade Lord attempts. Here's the log:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...um/damageDone/

Here's my profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eorin/advanced (sword has been upgraded to 497 but the armory does not reflect that)

I honestly believe I'm playing to the best of my ability. I've never been at the bottom of the charts in the history of playing this game since vanilla, but now it's pretty much every night, every fight. Please help!

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms is just a weak spec atm. If you played Fury at the same skill level that you played arms, you would be middle of the pack. Factor in that you aren't reaching Execute phase, and you are in good standings as far as your guild's DPS goes.
    Jobei - Elemental Shaman

Requiel's #1 Fan.

Deleted
    Hi there warrior dudes !

Im relatively new to all this warrior stuff but i fell in love with heroic leap and charge

Althought i think my dps is adequate for my gear level im sure that iam still doing lots of stuff wrong so i would love some general pointers from more experienced warriors :O

This is me !
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stielle/simple

I prepot and use the rotation outlined by simcraft to a tee

And these are two relevant logs

Protectors
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-v5...7754#Castielle
    Garalon
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-v5...5936#Castielle

Hope someone is bored and up to the task !

Hey warrior forum, hoping to get a reply from Roseby:

This is my log for my latest Feng fight: (worldoflogs.com) /reports/rt-rmmyvu4l1r4tti7n/details/4/?s=2446&e=2728
    I'm choosing this fight because it's relatively static and should be a good measure of single target DPS. I'm trying to improve my dps and by reading the latest posts here I can already see that I'm not using heroic leap nearly enough and is resulting in a significant DPS loss. However, I'd like to see what other not so obvious areas of my DPS I could improve upon.

For further reference here's my armory: (us.battle.net) /wow/en/character/shandris/Sovrn/simple
    I feel like my stats are pretty damn good and I should be doing a lot more DPS but atm I'm at a loss. One particular concern I have is should I be using SMF for single target fights? Right now I have the 489 starshatter and a 463 2her, but I do have the LFR Elegion and a heroic axe. Assuming I go another week with absolutely no luck on drops for 1her, should I change my weapons to SMF for single target fights?

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help. = )

**Sorry for the sloppy links but I was not allowed to post links until I had more posts...

Hi Follks,

Been reading through the warrior forums. First off, thank you to the people that take the time to help us with the issues that we have. I’ve been playing my warrior since Vanilla, mainly tanking. This expansion I thought it would be cool to try and do some dps. Doing dps and doing great dps are two different things when it comes to raiding. Would just like to know what I can do to get my dps a little higher. I noticed from looking at other people’s logs that I spam HS a whole lot more than any other warrior does. I know that I should not be using this unless I am around 80 rage which I seem to be at all the time so the question is when all other abilities are on GCD and you have rage, should I start using Heroic leap instead? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Here is a log to the Feng fight - worldoflogs(dot)com/reports/rt-fj7q5vm79c4x80zc/sum/damageDone/?s=4129&e=4493

Here is a link to my profile - us.battle(dot)net/wow/en/character/sisters-of-elune/Waka/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Hleap is off the GCD. Use it on CD, and time it to coincide with a CS.