Page 23 of 66 FirstFirst ...
13
21
22
23
24
25
33
... LastLast
  1. #441
    Hi Follks,

    Been reading through the warrior forums. First off, thank you to the people that take the time to help us with the issues that we have. I’ve been playing my warrior since Vanilla, mainly tanking. This expansion I thought it would be cool to try and do some dps. Doing dps and doing great dps are two different things when it comes to raiding. Would just like to know what I can do to get my dps a little higher. I noticed from looking at other people’s logs that I spam HS a whole lot more than any other warrior does. I know that I should not be using this unless I am around 80 rage which I seem to be at all the time so the question is when all other abilities are on GCD and you have rage, should I start using Heroic leap instead? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks again.

    Here is a log to the Feng fight - worldoflogs(dot)com/reports/rt-fj7q5vm79c4x80zc/sum/damageDone/?s=4129&e=4493

    Here is a link to my profile - us.battle(dot)net/wow/en/character/sisters-of-elune/Waka/simple

  2. #442
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,996
    Hleap is off the GCD. Use it on CD, and time it to coincide with a CS.

  3. #443
    High Overlord Roseby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ooking in the Dook
    Posts
    145
    I'm taking a small hiatus from this thread. Trust in the other warriors, they are highly intelligent, often moreso then me !
    Roseby - Fury/Arms Warrior
    Jobei - Elemental Shaman

    Requiel's #1 Fan.

  4. #444
    I'll look at armories now, but I am not digging through logs.
    Ok, in order:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stielle/simple
    Haste to Crit on your shoulders, and try to get the GL ones, the blue PvP ones are very bad. Try doing some arena for the PvP bracers to make up for the lost Exp, they cost 1250 CP and you can get that in 30 minutes easily. Bladed Tempest ring isn’t that great, just camp Galleon (yeah right) or hope you get lucky on LFR Tsulong. The heroic one is BiS though. You’re 1.4% over the exp cap, so change your reforging around and change the cog wheel in your Dragon. Do SB over and over for the Carbuncle, that thing is very very good. Your crit is pretty low. I find Mastery > Hit over 7.5% by only a very small margin, so I’d reforge mastery to hit, it makes rage a lot easier. Like your Xmog btw, I was 1 rank away from being able to use it now on my Hunter.
    Oh, you’re missing 1 glyph. I’d use BT if your healers have trouble, Csmash if you sunder, and the Enrage speed one otherwise, and Raging Wind on AoE fights.

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Kreepo/simple
    Not sure why you need help, you’re more geared than I am. I can’t look through logs now but I might later. Although, idk why you have that PvP trinket on, and your 502 Elegion should be in your mainhand (be careful with the weapon swap macros- mine tried to put my 476 one in my offhand yesterday on Ambershaper). Reck glyph is also worse than no glyph at all I have heard.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Sovrn/simple
    Bloodbath > Stormbolt I think, but it’s a matter of personal preference as TG (higher weapon damage). See above for reck glyph. Everything else looks good. Second Wind is a good talent because you can spec it and forget it, but for burst enraged regen is better.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ne/Waka/simple
    Use a crafty in your chest red socket, and reforge the haste to exp instead of the expertise on your bracers. Get the darkmoon trinket, or at least the Carbonic Carbuncle. Your reforging is a bit odd, I’d run yourself through wowreforge (or even askmrrobot – it seems to not be dumb now). HL glyph helps a lot, even if you don’t use it for damage – more mobility. Don’t take impending victory – if you aren’t in melee range of the boss and you need a heal, you’re fucked. See above comment on Second Wind vs enraged regeneration.

    For everyone, try wowreforge. It will be more accurate than my random looking over 4 people at once. Also, Mastery>>> hit over 7.5% for TG so don’t reforge mastery to hit for TG for ease of play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    “When people talk about the good old days, I say to people, 'It's not the days that are old, it's you that's old.' I hate the good old days. What is important is that today is good.”
    ― Karl Lagerfeld
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

  5. #445
    Nevermind this post. :S
    Last edited by Cruward; 2012-12-06 at 08:13 PM.

  6. #446
    I sim at 83k dps but my last LFR spiritbinder kill has me at 93k dps, 2 previous kills (normal &LFR) both at 88k dps. I was wondering how accurate are the sims for arms atm? Might have something to do with jp/vp upgrades not showing on battlenet and the fight is fairly short but still the gap seems quite big.

    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rugly/advanced
    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...?s=1230&e=1454

    I know the recklessness glyph isn't good for fury but is it worth it for arms? with OP already critcapping, CS resetting and pots/Lei Shen procs during the full 18 secs. Usually glyphed for unending rage, death from above and either bullrush or sweeping strikes. Any other suggestions are welcome too

  7. #447
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    I know the recklessness glyph isn't good for fury but is it worth it for arms? with OP already critcapping, CS resetting and pots/Lei Shen procs during the full 18 secs. Usually glyphed for unending rage, death from above and either bullrush or sweeping strikes. Any other suggestions are welcome too
    Why would the reck glyph suck for fury? Imo not having the reck glyph just makes the buff overkill since you'll end up at like 140% crit or so on your bloodthirsts and just a short duration instead of allowing it to give you 100% enrage for a much longer time and more RB procs ect...

    Reckglyph for both specs if you ask me.
    Last edited by Kadde111; 2012-12-10 at 02:34 PM.

  8. #448
    Field Marshal Synthetic-21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    62
    Hey all, I am back to playing my warrior after being on a lock for a while, I used to really enjoy playing my warrior but currently I can't seem to do as much dps as I think I should be doing, I ran Simcraft and it said I should be looking around about 52k in my current gear level but I'm not meeting that amount and I am not happy as I joined a new guild who is going to gear me up for heroic progress guilds as a friend vouched for me for being a good player but currently I am not doing nearly as much damage as they do.

    My spec is Fury SMF

    Item level is now 476
    Armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%ADc/advanced

    Here is a couple of logs

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5219&e=5902
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9900&e=1030

    On the last one I had race changed to orc for the racial, but as you can see I am below the tanks, damage wise and it's really depressing.

    If there is anything you can see that will help me to increase my performance I would love to see it.

    Thanks,

    Synthetíc

  9. #449
    Synthetíc I am by no means as good as many of these warriors the roam these forums, so please feel free to wait for a reply from someone more knowledgeable than me. I'm basing my observations off of the first Log link, the 2nd one i didn't see you on, and the 3rd link wouldn't work for me. First thing that jumped out at me was you used Colossus Smash 11 times in 5:46. I don't know why, but that seems a little low to me. Are you making sure that you are pooling rage before using your Colossus Smash and then pouring everything you can in to it? I like planning my CS a bit a head of time. I'll hit Deadly Calm before CS for the heroic strike reduction in rage, then if I'm swimming in rage I'll hit CS and pour it on. Remember that HS is off the GCD and can be used at the same time as other abilities.

    For me reading these forums and taking advice from these other warriors has helped me a huge amount. I raided last Monday at a ilvl 472 and was only pulling about 42k. I felt stupid for not knowing about pooling rage before CS. I went back in on Thursday and I was pulling 48k at ilvl 472. Knowledge is power.

    You can get two potions in during your encounters, and remember to drop your banner during reck.

    Take my advice with a grain of salt. Just trying to help

    EDIT: I see your are just under hit cap and a bit over exp. Also I see you are on the crit>strength side of the fence. Not saying that is a bad thing, but I'd be interested in seeing what the more experienced warriors on here think. I go mostly strength and grab crit where ever i can, but not at the cost of strength.
    Last edited by Crucious; 2012-12-10 at 08:00 PM.

  10. #450
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucious View Post
    Synthetíc I am by no means as good as many of these warriors the roam these forums, so please feel free to wait for a reply from someone more knowledgeable than me. I'm basing my observations off of the first Log link, the 2nd one i didn't see you on, and the 3rd link wouldn't work for me. First thing that jumped out at me was you used Colossus Smash 11 times in 5:46. I don't know why, but that seems a little low to me. Are you making sure that you are pooling rage before using your Colossus Smash and then pouring everything you can in to it? I like planning my CS a bit a head of time. I'll hit Deadly Calm before CS for the heroic strike reduction in rage, then if I'm swimming in rage I'll hit CS and pour it on. Remember that HS is off the GCD and can be used at the same time as other abilities.

    For me reading these forums and taking advice from these other warriors has helped me a huge amount. I raided last Monday at a ilvl 472 and was only pulling about 42k. I felt stupid for not knowing about pooling rage before CS. I went back in on Thursday and I was pulling 48k at ilvl 472. Knowledge is power.

    You can get two potions in during your encounters, and remember to drop your banner during reck.

    Take my advice with a grain of salt. Just trying to help

    EDIT: I see your are just under hit cap and a bit over exp. Also I see you are on the crit>strength side of the fence. Not saying that is a bad thing, but I'd be interested in seeing what the more experienced warriors on here think. I go mostly strength and grab crit where ever i can, but not at the cost of strength.
    Crit > str. Nothing wrong with his hit %, but if possible he should bring his expertise a little lower. 42-48k isn't good at all (no offense), but good point about pooling rage. He could certainly have fit in more CS:es assuming he had the uptime on the boss for it.

  11. #451
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    Crit > str.
    This is a definite now? If so I have some regemming to do.

  12. #452
    simcraft starts saying strength ways better later in the game, but at lower ilvls crit > str. Should def be gemming and reforging crit before anything else

  13. #453
    Let me rephrase myself: there's basically no way you'd end up with wanting to gem (because we aren't running into a str vs crit dilemma anywhere else) str over crit with gear from currently released content. So all right, 1 str > 1 crit but for gems etc, we get twice as much secondary stats. 2 crit >>>>>>> 1 str for me, with normalized stats 1 str = 1.00, 1 crit = 0.78. I'm 484 ilvl, SMF.
    Last edited by Maxie; 2012-12-10 at 09:24 PM.

  14. #454
    hello everyone,

    i wanted to ask you pro warriors how my friend could improve his dps, he's been playing warrior for a long time but sinds mop his dps isnt getting any better.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...6i7/details/2/

    here is his logg for you guys

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uryblue/simple

    and here is his armory

    i feel like he is doing something wrong cause with his item level he should be doing way more dps

    cheers!

  15. #455
    Hi i've been told that our dps is not up there where it should but being unfamiliar with warrios i'm not sure what to look for in the raid log or on the armory in general
    so thanks for saving our raid from wipes by helping increase the dps

    here's a log
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...?s=3207&e=3709

    and here's the askmrrobot profile
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/u...ouncil/trophis

  16. #456
    Quote Originally Posted by Soullord View Post
    Hi i've been told that our dps is not up there where it should but being unfamiliar with warrios i'm not sure what to look for in the raid log or on the armory in general
    so thanks for saving our raid from wipes by helping increase the dps

    here's a log
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...?s=3207&e=3709

    and here's the askmrrobot profile
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/u...ouncil/trophis
    1. Press the Optimize button on mr robot and do what it tells you to, just by that you gain like 3% crit and a bunch of other stuff

    8:21 Fight Time
    37 Bloodthirsts when he should have done 111
    19 Colossus Smashes when he should have done 25
    1 Dragon Roar when he should have done 8
    18 Raging Blow when he had the buff 27 times
    1 Bloodbath of 8
    1 Recklesness of 2
    0 Deadly Calm
    2 Berseker Rages out of 16

    Hes not actually pressing his abilities it seems and even if he has to avoid chains or something these numbers just dont add up.

    Hes fighting in Berserker Stance
    He stood in 5 cobalt mines

    All in all he should really look up some guides.
    Hes standing in pools all day

    No offense but your dps needs to get their act together just judging by the gear:

    Pickins should be doing 75k+
    Hunter should be doing 55k+
    Junawe 65k+
    Mage 60k+
    Warrior 50k+
    Naas should also attempt to hit a key like once or twice in 8 minutes, 6k is autoattack dps.

    Healing actually seems fine, usually 3 healing is too much for stone guards but with the ammount of standing in pools and bombs going off it might be alright.
    Last edited by Kane49; 2012-12-15 at 01:38 AM.

  17. #457
    Your analysis is correct in general, but you're ignoring columns other than hits: he did 37 + 23 (crits) +1 (parry) bloodthirsts for a total of 61 bloodthirsts - still obviously far short of the 111 maximum possible bloodthirsts. Likewise he did 4 dragon roars, etc.

    But yeah in general that warrior really needs to look up what he's meant to be doing, as there's a massive gulf between what he is doing and what he should be.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...2+and+type%3D6

    illustrates there's gaps of 10+ seconds where he's literally not pressing any ability, when with fury you can fill almost every gcd even with terrible crit chance/bad RNG.

    Edit: actually I take that back - with 11% crit he will inevitably have gaps in his rotation, but still none should be bigger than 4.5 seconds (the cooldown of bloodthirst). If he enchanted his gear (he appears to not have a single enchant) and reforged properly he'd be in a much position from a gear point of view.
    Last edited by Rhia; 2012-12-15 at 06:35 AM.

  18. #458
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia View Post
    Your analysis is correct in general, but you're ignoring columns other than hits: he did 37 + 23 (crits) +1 (parry) bloodthirsts for a total of 61 bloodthirsts - still obviously far short of the 111 maximum possible bloodthirsts. Likewise he did 4 dragon roars, etc.

    But yeah in general that warrior really needs to look up what he's meant to be doing, as there's a massive gulf between what he is doing and what he should be.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...2+and+type%3D6

    illustrates there's gaps of 10+ seconds where he's literally not pressing any ability, when with fury you can fill almost every gcd even with terrible crit chance/bad RNG.

    Edit: actually I take that back - with 11% crit he will inevitably have gaps in his rotation, but still none should be bigger than 4.5 seconds (the cooldown of bloodthirst). If he enchanted his gear (he appears to not have a single enchant) and reforged properly he'd be in a much position from a gear point of view.
    your right

  19. #459
    Thanks for the tips not using a warrior I was at a loss about what to look for now I can get back to him so if our dps didn't stand on the bad we could 2 heal it that's something I'll have to consider as well.

  20. #460
    could anyone take a look at my post on this page thanks !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •