Page 25 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would use bloodbath, avatar is viable on elegon though. You don't want skull banner and recklessness in the same macro since dragonroar only benefits from banner, the dwarf racial isnt a dps increase like the orc one so it shouldn't be there either. I use the following macro.

#showtooltip Dragon Roar
    /cast Skull Banner
    /cast Bloodbath
    /cast blood fury (orc racial) could use "/use lessons of the darkmaster" instead
    /cast dragonroar

You could use something like this but without the racial and with your trinket on use in there. After dragonroar pop recklessness manually. I also have a macro without skullbanner in case I want to save it, can be worth it depending on the encounter and the length of the fight.

I have heroic strike & berserker rage on my thumbpad of my razor works really well. Keep in mind that only a few fights sweeping strike is used while heroic strike is used on every fight

I looked at your Feng the Accursed parse and as far as I can tell your rotation is a mess Dman. You shouldn't thunderclap on a single target fight, yet you used it 18 times. Cleave is a horrible spell even with two targets, yet you used it 11 times on one target. You used whirlwind 1 time as well, which is a no-no too. There's not a lot of AE fights in MSV, so start by moving those skills somewhere you won't hit on accident. You can worry about your AE rotation later when you come up on some of the AE fights.

Your single target rotation should always be:

1. Keep MS on cooldown
    2. Colossus Smash if it's up (but if you get a new proc and have the debuff up on the mob already, don't waste it. Get a mod to track the timer on it and only use the new proc when the old one falls off your target. This is a huge part of how well you do as arms dps.)
    3. Overpower
    4. Slam

Do that and your DPS should be a steady 50k. Once you get good at doing that, work on taste for blood procs and their usage. Again, have a way to track how many taste for blood procs you have. Try not to use any taste for blood procs unless it's in a CS window/buff on you is about to wear out/you have 5 stacks. If you aren't good with the single target rotation, I would suggest not worrying too much about taste for blood or how to maximize it's usage and just use it if you have a good amount of stacks. Don't just spam heroic strike everytime you have one stack, because that will rage starve you pretty fast. It's better to fish for procs and use it later to consume less rage overall.

You also might want to drop the recklessness glyph and get the heroic leap one. Even if you aren't good at using heroic leap on CD, it's still better with the increased mobility you get from a shorter cooldown, though you might want to learn to include it in your DPS rotation since it's not on the GCD.

You also should make sure you know what you are doing with your cooldowns. I always start my fights with charge -> MS -> Skull Banner + Bloodbath + Dragonroar -> Recklessness + CS and then the usual rotation.

Mainly though, work on your single target rotation with what I mentioned above with MS -> CS -> OP -> Slam. If you get that down pat, your DPS will be pretty constant. After you have that down, you can work on making good use of taste for blood stacks, heroic strikes when you are rage capped, maximizing CS windows and your DPS in them, heroic leap etc.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2012-12-21 at 05:29 PM.

Dawnrage,

Thanks for the great advice.

Changed to "Bloodbath" and re-glyphed to Reduced CD on Heroic Leap.

"Once you get good at doing that, work on taste for blood procs and their usage. Again, have a way to track how many taste for blood procs you have. Try not to use any taste for blood procs unless it's in a CS window/buff on you is about to wear out/you have 5 stacks."

My problem is I can see when CS comes off cool down, to use it again, but I am unclear on how to track how many taste for blood procs I have. Can you recommend a mod for me to try. I am presently using "Ovale" and "Power Auras", but Power Auras is not easy for me to set up. Maybe there's a script I can import...

Thanks guys,
    Dman

If I have Berzker rage on cooldown, colossus smash just comes off cooldown and I don't have any raging blow stacks, how many globals should I delay my CS?

Quote Originally Posted by damageman View Post
    Dawnrage,

Thanks for the great advice.

Changed to "Bloodbath" and re-glyphed to Reduced CD on Heroic Leap.

"Once you get good at doing that, work on taste for blood procs and their usage. Again, have a way to track how many taste for blood procs you have. Try not to use any taste for blood procs unless it's in a CS window/buff on you is about to wear out/you have 5 stacks."

My problem is I can see when CS comes off cool down, to use it again, but I am unclear on how to track how many taste for blood procs I have. Can you recommend a mod for me to try. I am presently using "Ovale" and "Power Auras", but Power Auras is not easy for me to set up. Maybe there's a script I can import...

Thanks guys,
    Dman
    I use Tellmewhen. Try that out. It's pretty simple to customize too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    I use Tellmewhen. Try that out. It's pretty simple to customize too.
    Personally I use slamandawe. You don't need to set it up like you do with the buffs for TMW, and a tracker of rage/CS uptime/all other buffs is really nice. This also tracks TfB stacks.

That is a picture of the addon at work.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2012-12-25 at 09:44 AM.

Hey all,

I've been struggling to pull good DPS, And have tried allot of ways to improve my rotation, CD usage and UI.
    Ive been comparing my own logs to other higher ranked Fury Warriors, but I can't see any mayor differences between the two in the priority of the damaging ability's.

To Improve my DPS Ive been working on the following;
    1. Keeping up the Enrage buff as long as possible, mostly around 60-65%
    2. Using Heroic leap during CS debuff (with glyph).
    3. Rage management, meaning Building up rage with normal rotation, CS > dump rage, CS debuff off > build rage again with normal rotation ect.
    4. Keeping to the rotation priority, If 1 Rb stack, and 1 bloodsurge then: BT > Bloodsurge > BT > RB > RB(hoping for another RB stack).
    If 2x RB and Bloodsurge then: BT > Bloodsurge > RB > BT > RB > RB Or Bloodsurge > RB If another Bloodsurge proc.

I'm still not flawless In my rotation, most common mistake I make is wrong usage of the Berserker Rage ability, sometimes using it while enraged.

I was wondering If anyone could take the time for me and check my logs reports, and maby discover things I'm doing wrong.

Armory Link: Frostwhisper EU, Rampie
    I made a quick LFR run through the first 3 bosses of MsV.

Logs: Realms > English > EU-Frostwhisper > Rampie > 31-12 Mogu'Shan Vaults 25L

(Because this is my first actual post, I'm not allowed to make "Links", sorry for this inconvenience.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~Rampie

Deleted
    Greetings fellow Warriors! I would like some insight on my performance playing a fury warrior (SMF).

I feel as though my general DPS is a bit low. In Cataclysm I played a hunter and without ignoring mechanics (I'm the raidleader, preach what you pray) I constantly managed to rank myself in WoL, including multiple top10 for my spec. I was always on the top of my game regardless of class/spec, so I feel I should have this on my Warrior as well.

Main issues
    My gear is shit. No wandering around that. I don't raid hardcore anymore, but LFR hasn't been very helpfull either. Still with 6 blues, including my weapons, I feel this holds me back the most. Still, I feel I should be able to pull out more with my gear. I recently started leveling professions (my bane in this game).

Here is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Fyre/advanced
    Quick overview of stats:
    Mastery 17.09%
    Attack Power 25080
    Expertise 7.80%/7.80%
    Haste 5.64%
    Hit +7.69%
    Crit 16.75%

And here is a WoL of last nights raid (which went pretty well, killed 2 new bosses).
    On WotE my button wouldn't show up so that dps isn't in sadly.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/dtw5j8w4svp7ih7e/

Generally what I do:
    Start = Charge (for rage) and then HL behind the boss mid-charge.
    Bloodthirst
    Pop cooldowns (Recklesness, Banner and Bloodbath)
    CS
    If I didn't get Enrage up now, I use Beserker Rage
    Dragon's Roar and start HS'ing with the reduced rage cost buff
    BT
    RB (x2)
    HS if I have the rage

During the fight I try to put as much damage in my CS as possible, though I should HL more often. Try to BT on CD.

Execute Phase is generally BT on CD, Execute, if CS comes up save up Rage, BT, CS, Execute x3. Use BesR if Enrage falls off.

I also struggle with when to use Beserker Stance, except for obvious things such as giant AoE attacks.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Deleted
    In response to Rampie.

Looking at your Feng kill:

[11:34:44.792] Rampie casts Colossus Smash on Feng the Accursed
    [11:34:45.201] Rampie Colossus Smash Feng the Accursed 32717
    [11:34:45.201] Feng the Accursed afflicted by Colossus Smash from Rampie
    [11:34:47.444] Rampie casts Bloodthirst on Feng the Accursed
    [11:34:48.656] Rampie casts Bloodbath
    [11:34:48.676] Rampie casts Sense for Weakness
    [11:34:48.676] Rampie casts Deadly Calm
    [11:34:48.837] Rampie casts Recklessness
    [11:34:49.024] Rampie casts Skull Banner
    [11:34:49.279] Rampie casts Dragon Roar
    [11:34:49.603] Rampie casts Heroic Strike on Feng the Accursed
    [11:34:50.638] Rampie casts Heroic Leap
    [11:34:51.183] Rampie casts Heroic Strike on Feng the Accursed
    [11:34:51.696] Rampie's Colossus Smash fades from Feng the Accursed

In duration of opening CS you landed a bloodthirst, two heroic stikes and a leap. At a guess, the boss moved to pick up the fists and you got out of range, but whatever the reason that completely destroyed your opening burst, and his movement there is predictable so shouldn't be an issue.

[11:35:04.951] Rampie casts Colossus Smash on Feng the Accursed
    [11:35:07.489] Rampie casts Raging Blow on Feng the Accursed
    [11:35:09.034] Rampie casts Bloodthirst on Feng the Accursed
    [11:35:10.653] Rampie casts Raging Blow on Feng the Accursed
    [11:35:11.834] Rampie's Colossus Smash fades from Feng the Accursed
    [11:35:12.091] Rampie casts Heroic Strike on Feng the Accursed
    [11:35:12.254] Rampie casts Raging Blow on Feng the Accursed
    [11:35:13.631] Rampie casts Heroic Strike on Feng the Accursed
    [11:35:13.854] Rampie casts Bloodthirst on Feng the Accursed

Landed 2 raging blows during that cs which is great, two heroic strikes cast after CS had fallen off. At least one of those should have been inside CS, and if you lacked rage to do both then you shouldn't have done the second.

[11:35:31.565] Rampie's Colossus Smash fades from Feng the Accursed
    [11:35:31.703] Rampie casts Heroic Strike on Feng the Accursed

Didn't quite manage to squeeze it in, so shouldn't have cast that last hs at all.

[11:35:42.246] Rampie casts Bloodthirst on Feng the Accursed
    [11:35:43.873] Rampie casts Wild Strike on Feng the Accursed
    [11:35:44.235] Rampie casts Heroic Strike on Feng the Accursed
    [11:35:45.406] Rampie casts Colossus Smash on Feng the Accursed
    [11:35:46.988] Rampie casts Bloodthirst on Feng the Accursed
    [11:35:48.547] Rampie casts Wild Strike on Feng the Accursed
    [11:35:49.122] Rampie casts Bloodbath
    [11:35:49.125] Rampie casts Sense for Weakness
    [11:35:49.125] Rampie casts Deadly Calm
    [11:35:50.085] Rampie casts Dragon Roar
    [11:35:51.580] Rampie casts Bloodthirst on Feng the Accursed
    [11:35:52.112] Rampie's Colossus Smash fades from Feng the Accursed

DR inside CS window, and HS used before CS window. Doubt you were going to cap rage if you hadn't used that HS or you'd have had rage to do more HS during the CS window.

[11:36:46.537] Rampie casts Colossus Smash on Feng the Accursed
    [11:36:48.063] Rampie casts Bloodthirst on Feng the Accursed
    [11:36:50.075] Rampie casts Dragon Roar

Again DR in a CS window.

In general seeing a lot of wild strikes cast outside of CS and without bloodsurge procced. Better to save that 30 rage and leave the empty gcd (if shout/heroic throw/impending victory are on cd) and use that 30 rage in a CS window if you're able to get there without rage capping.

4 leaps in a 5:29 fight, shoulda been at least 6-7 depending on how you're aiming to stack them with CDs.

0 heroic throws - goes back to previous point, don't hit wild strike unless bloodsurge is procced, you're in a CS window without execute/raging blow/bloodthirst, or you're going to cap rage. Fill gcds outside of CS window with bloodsurge ws, shout, heroic throw, impending victory, only touch 30 rage ws if you're going to cap rage.

0 battle shout casts, at least if log isn't bugging - as above.

Not going to fault you for using 2 recks when you could have got 3 using the middle one unstacked from banner, LFR being what it is it's very hard to predict fight length and you only barely would have squeezed 3 in, impossible to judge really.

Anyway, looks like you're pretty solid on trying to get maximum raging blows in a CS window, but rage management/wild strike usage outside of CS windows needs some improvement, which will enable you to use more heroic strikes during CS window. Need to be a bit more careful about hs outside of CS window, should pretty much never be in a situation where you have to do that unless reck is up. DR in CS window is a waste of a CS gcd. Likewise popping bloodbath should be done in such a way that every attack in the CS window gets the benefit of it. Personally I use roar + bb a gcd or two before my CS windows.

Edit: you're using glyphed reck - don't. Several threads and posts about this, forum search should pull them up, but basically enrage uptime isn't the only thing to consider, the fact that most our CDs are 10 seconds or less gives our damage a very bursty profile, and the last 6 seconds of glyphed reck are buffing pretty weak attacks compared to the first 12. Losing 20% crit on those first 12 isn't balanced by gaining 6 seconds of enrage.

Edit: Garajal log's generally better, still a few too many heroic strikes outside of CS windows and too many unprocced wild strikes. No dragon roars inside CS windows so guess you were just being a bit careless on Feng.
    Last edited by mmocf8c85ab6c6; 2012-12-31 at 12:29 PM.

Hey Rhia,
    Thanks for your very fast response, I greatly appreciate you putting time and effort into my logs.
    I will definitely work on the Wildstrike usage and try to use other ability to fill up for the empty spots.
    As well as the good tip for not using the Recklessness glyph, I've checked countless forums but never came across this.

Many Thanks, and a happy new year.

~Rampie
    Last edited by Rampie; 2012-12-31 at 02:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    Greetings fellow Warriors! I would like some insight on my performance playing a fury warrior (SMF).

I feel as though my general DPS is a bit low. In Cataclysm I played a hunter and without ignoring mechanics (I'm the raidleader, preach what you pray) I constantly managed to rank myself in WoL, including multiple top10 for my spec. I was always on the top of my game regardless of class/spec, so I feel I should have this on my Warrior as well.

Main issues
    My gear is shit. No wandering around that. I don't raid hardcore anymore, but LFR hasn't been very helpfull either. Still with 6 blues, including my weapons, I feel this holds me back the most. Still, I feel I should be able to pull out more with my gear. I recently started leveling professions (my bane in this game).

Here is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Fyre/advanced
    Quick overview of stats:
    Mastery 17.09%
    Attack Power 25080
    Expertise 7.80%/7.80%
    Haste 5.64%
    Hit +7.69%
    Crit 16.75%

And here is a WoL of last nights raid (which went pretty well, killed 2 new bosses).
    On WotE my button wouldn't show up so that dps isn't in sadly.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/dtw5j8w4svp7ih7e/

Generally what I do:
    Start = Charge (for rage) and then HL behind the boss mid-charge.
    Bloodthirst
    Pop cooldowns (Recklesness, Banner and Bloodbath)
    CS
    If I didn't get Enrage up now, I use Beserker Rage
    Dragon's Roar and start HS'ing with the reduced rage cost buff
    BT
    RB (x2)
    HS if I have the rage

During the fight I try to put as much damage in my CS as possible, though I should HL more often. Try to BT on CD.

Execute Phase is generally BT on CD, Execute, if CS comes up save up Rage, BT, CS, Execute x3. Use BesR if Enrage falls off.

I also struggle with when to use Beserker Stance, except for obvious things such as giant AoE attacks.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Don't HL at the start- wait until CS. Really no reason not to wait the 2 seconds extra. Also, don't pop Reck until AFTER dragon roar, since DR will always crit.

Charge->BT->CDs except reck->DR->Reck-CS-BT-leap.

This will get you 1 more GCD with reck up, and also massively increase the damage of HL since you'll have CS+reck+BB+other cools up. As well, don't use HS even during CS if you aren't enraged normally, only during CD's. The goal of fury is to keep as much rage as possible without losing any to spend at the most damaging.

The fights I go to B.Stance are gara'jal when disc healer is down in spirit world and vodooed, elegon right after sparks spawn switching back as soon as last one is dead and during last phase, arcane AOE during feng, during attenuation on Vizier (after healer bubbles run out), during the stack/cleave on blade lord and when in the last 20%, (Also, I target the boss ASAP and charge back in after being flung back from the cleave) during crush on garalon, and right before the circles explode on Empress. Sometimes I switch during Amber shaper too, but it depends on damage. In TOES, after 8 stacks of debuff on Tsulong, during Get away on LS, and during death lotus on Sha.

Charge->BT->CDs except reck->DR->Reck-CS-BT-leap.
    If you have 1 RB stack after the first BT, you should push the reck one point forward in that opener since that CS is likely to get you a second one if reck is up, after which the second BT will be a guaranteed crit and waste the RB proc.

Deleted
    In addition to what Darkfriend said to you Hybrid:

You could reforge a bit more optimally, shedding the excess hit/expertise and gaining about 540 crit rating. I used wowreforge to check.

What Darkfriend said about not wasting a reck gcd on dragon roar is correct, and his opener is a good one. It also has the benefit of not wasting a CS gcd on dragon roar either, which you're doing and is a waste as dragon roar already bypasses all armor.

You can actually fit 4 abilities into a CS window due to ~0.3 seconds delay on the debuff being applied, so in execute range you should be aiming to fit 4 executes in there even though you will push back bloodthirst. Ideally while being enraged for most of the CS window as well.

Didn't really check the log in-depth though, much of what I said to Rampie probably applies. A quick browse of Blade Lord shows a lot of HS and unprocced WS outside of CS windows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia View Post
    In addition to what Darkfriend said to you Hybrid:

You could reforge a bit more optimally, shedding the excess hit/expertise and gaining about 540 crit rating. I used wowreforge to check.

What Darkfriend said about not wasting a reck gcd on dragon roar is correct, and his opener is a good one. It also has the benefit of not wasting a CS gcd on dragon roar either, which you're doing and is a waste as dragon roar already bypasses all armor.

You can actually fit 4 abilities into a CS window due to ~0.3 seconds delay on the debuff being applied, so in execute range you should be aiming to fit 4 executes in there even though you will push back bloodthirst. Ideally while being enraged for most of the CS window as well.

Didn't really check the log in-depth though, much of what I said to Rampie probably applies. A quick browse of Blade Lord shows a lot of HS and unprocced WS outside of CS windows.
    And to Darkfiend as well:
    Thanks for the tips. Also read your response to Rampie which seems to apply to me as well, seems I approach using rage wrong. I'll look at the glyph as well.

I feel like my dps has been kind of half ass during this expansion so far. I was hoping I could get some help/tips to get it up a little.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-lrceeuepcgk8spus/ Tonights logs from regular TOES.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...akeem/advanced

Sometimes I get counter productive by trying to fit all my dps in as fast as possible which makes me mess up my cool down orders.

Quote Originally Posted by reakwon View Post
    I feel like my dps has been kind of half ass during this expansion so far. I was hoping I could get some help/tips to get it up a little.

Sometimes I get counter productive by trying to fit all my dps in as fast as possible which makes me mess up my cool down orders.
    I think your dps is pretty solid. One thing you should note about your opener is you should delay casting recklessness until after Dragon Roar since that spell always crits. I grabbed this from your most recent imperial fight:

[21:36:50.722] Rakeem casts Berserker Rage
    [21:36:51.232] Rakeem casts Bloodbath
    [21:36:51.232] Rakeem casts Skull Banner
    [21:36:51.232] Rakeem casts Recklessness
    [21:36:51.522] Rakeem casts Dragon Roar
    [21:36:53.033] Rakeem casts Colossus Smash on Imperial Vizier Zor'lok

You're wasting a GCD on that Dragon Roar by casting recklessness too early. Furthermore, you're an engineer and you're not using synapse springs immediately (at least on this particular fight) in your opener.

I have two "opener macros," which may help you:

First is:

#showtooltip Skull Banner
    /cast Skull Banner
    /cast Blood Fury (you won't use this, but for others it might be useful)
    /cast Berserker Rage
    /use 10 (this is the gloves spot for synapse springs)
    /cast Bloodbath
    /cast Dragon Roar

The second one I use as soon as GCD resets:

#showtooltip Recklessness
    /cast Recklessness
    /cast Colossus Smash

This always gives me a huge initial burst. The good thing I find about it is that it plays very nicely for future CD usage. For example, you can make a Dragon Roar macro that goes like this:

#showtooltip Dragon Roar
    /cast Bloodbath
    /use 10
    /cast Dragon Roar

Ideally you want to use this right before you go crazy with a CS rage dump. This way you benefit from Synapse springs and bloodbath inside a CS debuff. I noticed you don't have 3 piece, but assuming you could get since it's accesible to you, you could use that opening macro every 3 mins!!! Which plays together very nicely.

I hopes this little tip helps, but I mean overall your DPS is very solid I think.

Hi guys,

I'll like to enquire some help on analyzing my guild's DPS warrs rotations or mistakes etc. Please kindly advice.

FYI ignore Zips as his an alt. Thanks!

Armory:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Thimo/advanced
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Kuzarin/advanced

Spirit Kings 10N:
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jy1ixzawy34i74ev/sum/damageDone/?s=3390&e=3764

Imperial Vizier: (btw this fight we're stacking behind the tank so there'll be parries etc)
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jy1ixzawy34i74ev/sum/damageDone/?s=3390&e=3764

Imperial Vizier(previous weeks): normal strat kill
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-3unm4mpgb5ej1i84/sum/damageDone/?s=8263&e=8645

TOES 10N (last night):
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qqj2cu2m033qbq2u/

Cheers

Samz
    Last edited by samzan; 2013-01-10 at 02:27 AM.

Hey guys, so about a month in the xpack my old guild died in wich i played a Hunter, to join a new one i was asked to go back to my old Warrior since they had 3 Hunters already, and 0 Warriors. I've been mostly a PvP Warrior for most of the time, i played him usually just tanking alt runs and such as far as PvE goes, and tbh i've never been a big fan of Fury but i'm trying to learn it asap right now to secure my spot.

My new guild has been great in helping me, i feel i'm decently geared now but it doesn't seem like i'm competitive with them yet, wich is killing me as i used to rank very high on my Hunter.

Here's last night's logs : http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ih...=13149&e=13621

Posting Elegon but if anyone want to go take a look at other fights feel free.

Armory : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rgall/advanced

By the time of those logs, my back-piece, boots and belt were lfr 476/483 pieces tough.

I'm just not sure what i'm doing wrong, talking with a guildy that also plays a warrior in the alt run, aparently its my 100-20% rotation that is slightly off but i follow what i've been reading from multiple sources what is suposed to be the most efficient so i'm kind of at a loss on how to improve.

Thanks a lot in advance for the help.

I dont know if it was a mistake but switch your weapons, you want highest damage in the main hand brother.

Quote Originally Posted by reakwon View Post
    I dont know if it was a mistake but switch your weapons, you want highest damage in the main hand brother.
    yeah woops ;p