Page 32 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    **If this double posts i apologize ill delete one asap, edited the simcraft values and previous post vanished lol""

hey, was wondering if anyone could help me understand what im doing wrong, ill give as much info as i can and thanks for your time as its a long post

Basics of char

Char - Shadowbaned - SMF Fury warrior
    ilvl - 521 equipped
    Armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...owbaned/simple

Simcraft (with full buffs) - Patchwerk - 146,870 DPS
    Light Movement - 139,919 DPS
    Heavy Movement - 94,172 DPS
    Test Dummy (shout only, no food, no execute) - 105,907 DPS

My Problem

the previous guild i was in before my current i was topping the DPS meters so thought i was doing it all right, now ive moved to a guild that is alot more progressed and playing with some very good players im realizing my DPS was no where near what it should be and im close to bottom on most fights, ive looked up and studied some video's and seeing them hitting ALOT more DPS than i am and when i armory there either less geared or similar geared but hitting alot more. Im clearly doing something wrong i just cant find out what and i feel useless as i know i should be hitting alot more than i am any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Opener

1- Prepot/Shout/Charge
    2- BT
    3- CD Macro (Reck/BB/SB)
    4- CS
    5- RB + HS (BT if no RB, i also use BR here for an extra RB)
    6- RB + HS
    7- RB + HS (BT if no RB)
    8- If no procs and BT on CD ill use heroic throw or impending victory

(reading a post on page 31 about an opener,mine could be improved)

Rotation After Opener

1- I use BT on CD (if i have 2 RB''s ill use 1 before BT if i remember)
    2- I use RB every proc unless its only a few secs to go for CS CD (admittedly i sometimes react and press RB even with 2s to go on CS)
    3- CS is used on CD if i have 1 raging blow up (if i dont ill wait for 1 GCD on BT and if that doesnt proc ill use it regardless for heroic strikes and use BT/BR asap)
    4- I use Wild Strike on bloodsurge procs trying to use them all up but try not to hold out on using BT when pos so sometimes waste 1-2 uses if BT refreshes or if i get to 60+ rage ill use an un procced wild strike as a filler.
    5- Heroic strike is used if im rage capped or as many times as i can during CS window providing i got 40+ rage so i have enough for a raging blow proc.
    6- DR on CD preferably with BB or Bladestorm if multi targets.
    6- If everything is on CD ill use impending victory or heroic throw to cover a GCD.

Execute Phase

1- execute as soon as rage allows
    2- CS as soon as it is up
    3- BT on CD and if needed a shout for the extra rage
    (i have tried to pool rage in this phase and only use execute during CS window to get 4-5 executes off but im not sure if it was better or not).

AoE (mainly horridon, which im hitting very low numbers on)

1- BT on CD
    2- WW as much as pos.
    3- Raging blow with meat cleaver stacks.
    (i find myself rage starved alot here and try to just spam WW with BT when 5+ mobs)
    4- My AoE skill (DR or BS)

WoL Links And What I Think Is Correct (clearly not lol)

Jin'Rokh Heroic 25 - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1n...?s=1945&e=2268 (overall)
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1n...?s=1945&e=2268 (personal)

1- I start the fight with the usual opener only i dont pop cooldowns here other than prepot)
    2- when tank is thrown i leap to pool just before boss to get the extra dmg, pop CD Macro then BR then DR for a nice big dot.
    3- start the normal rotation im doing getting as many RB into the CS window as i can.
    4- i use impending victory afer each static burst
    4 - go Def stance when i run out for ionization and stay in it for the ball lightning phase, after ive lost the ionization i leap back on for a few extra hits.
    5- during ball phase ill hit when i can autoshots or BT and RB but focus more on dodging and living.
    6- I only use BB and DR in pools.
    7 - Execute phase just like i said above but not sure whats best way to do it

Horridon Heroic 25 (not killed yet these are longest 2 tries) - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-y7...e/?s=221&e=691 (overall)
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-y7...4/?s=221&e=691 (personal)

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-y7...?s=1925&e=2422 (ovreall)
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-y7...?s=1925&e=2422 (personal)

1- I will open up boss with opener and CD's.
    2- ill switch to first adds and attempt to use crorrect amounts of meat cleaver depending on amount of adds)
    3- i try to focus down the main add while trying to keep up WW.
    4- when/if 5+ adds ill just use bladestorm then spam WW providing rage allows using BT on CD, which is an issue as i feel raged starved alot)
    5- all adds are down ill startusing main rotation on boss until next adds and repeat.
    (clearly this isnt working as my DPS is pathetic in this fight, im sure im doing something wrong or missing out on somethin)

and last example mageara 25 normal - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-y7...s=9983&e=10390 (overall)
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-y7...s=9983&e=10390 (personal)

(we rotate between blue and red heads only)

1 - start with opener
    2- normal rotation and execute phase as above as all single target
    (again for my gear that DPS is low)

Notes

1- For All fights but jin'rokh i have BB macro'd into my BT/CS/HS so its used on CD.
    2- I use Heroic Leap mainly as mobility but i use to help with aoe or extra dmg when i know nothing is inc.
    3- On Armory i know my hit is high i reforged out at every chance i had just cant get lower.
    4- The crit/stam in my chest piece i used as all stam helps and i didnt want hit/crit as already high on hit and wanted to keep the socket bonus.

Lastly

I would like apologize for such a long post and thank anyone who read or replied for your time and effort and a bigger thanks to anyone who replies and can help me take care and thanks again

Deleted
    Hello fellow warriors.

I too have severe dps problems.

have a personal log from resetraid here
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-p1u39nif2xgdulsu/details/9/

Tortos fight (least outside buffs)
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-p1u39nif2xgdulsu/details/9/?s=3948&e=4418

an armory link
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Brising/simple

My problem is that for i can simply not do the dmg my gear is suppose to deliver, other warriors from my guild is doing more dmg with less gear, and i cant figure out exactly why that is.
    Ofc i suspect the rotation to be the problem, but iam haveing a hard time figure out what i have to do to improve here.

Any help you guys can give would be welcome, since i apparantly cant read the logs of simcraft for anything usefull.

Regard Brising

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbaned View Post
    Massive post.
    Not going to look that carefully through it all, will just say that Horridon offers a lot of potential rude interruption uptime, though it somewhat depends on your raid dps and your other interrupters. If you're able to get interrupts off you should take the glyph though (I had 30% uptime on our 10 man heroic kill, closer to 44% just looking at the four gates). Mouseover focus macro and focus interrupt keybind are invaluable on this fight.

You should be going berserker stance for later rampages on Magaera. For Jin'Rokh it's a bit more risky as even surviving storms is a bit risky, but if you can get away without defensive then do so. I'd say for direcalls too but I'd be being a hypocrite as I'm not comfortable enough with the fight to risk that myself.

Also enchant your bracers.

Don't have time to actually look into the logs too carefully though, sorry.

Deleted
    Thanks rhia ill switch in rude interuption for bullrush now as raiding again in 20 mins

I think it's just working on aligning your procs and CDs. And knowing when to pop.

Sometimes when you move to a better guild, execute phases are shorter and for instance H Jin'rokh, I recorded higher dps when we were doing progression. We reached fourth pool at 20% during execute phase and we hero + banner + execute.

The week After that , we were downing Jin'rokh during the lightning storm before 4th pool so no fluidity buff during executes and more running around and dodging. Maybe this explains why if guild is geared, fury damage falls abit (shorter execute phase)

For mageara, you need to pool rage before execute . And stance switch. Execute phase rotation of pooling rage till CS and 5x execute in the window works best for me. Try it
    Last edited by senturion; 2013-04-05 at 05:09 AM.

Deleted
    read a few posts from bigbad talking to you about about the CS with BB and stuff and i can see thats also an issue for me with having BB macro'd to all the main skills i use so its used on CD, and if i hold off on CS for a GCD for rage and/or RB proc it screws the timers all together, wondering if i should just macro it to DR and have BB first in the list, and use it only just before a CS then burst rotation..

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbaned View Post
    wondering if i should just macro it to DR and have BB first in the list, and use it only just before a CS then burst rotation..
    That's what I do as arms, might want to go DR+BB>BT>CS so you can get 3 raging blows into CS instead of 2xBT.

Deleted
    sweet cheers, i need to sort it had a terrible DPS night on horridon hc last night i really gotta find out why im doing so bad. 120-130k on average is terrible somtimes around 160 after we burned down jalak and went to boss but its still bad.

Deleted
    Hey guys, i had the feeling to be very underperforming in the last days. I am quite experienced normally and have some rank 5-50 logs in WoL but somehow the burst seems to be to low (200-250k) and especially too short in comparison to other classes. Am i doing something really wrong or is it just that the warrior is the melee that scales the most with gear?

www worldoflogs com/guilds/196104

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tirion/Vaancleave/simple

( i know i have to much exp, but i simcrafted higher with the shadopan trinket than with the lei shen 2/2 heroic )

Thank you!

Deleted
    Hello,

My Character - 507ilvl equipped

Logs:
    Council of Elders
    Primordius
    Lei Shen

Problem:
    I'm struggling, doing mostly around 100-110k. Logs m8 not include my latest changes, fixing stuff pooling more rage etc. but they didn't made noticable changes. Not sure if it's gear or rotation.

My opener: Shout/Prepot -> Charge -> BT -> SB + BB + DR -> Reck -> CS -> RB -> BT -> RB -> RB Then BT is starting my normal rotation.
    Normal rotation: BT -> filler (WS or HT or RB if 2 stacks) -> filler -> BT. I'm pooling rage and trying to get 1RB into CS phase.

First of all i'm not sure if it's ultimate rotation. Second of all, often my cds overlap, and i'm not sure what to use first sometimes (for example BT and CS cd coming in same or almost same time, or even BT CS BB/DR).
    How should i enter CS phase propetly during normal rotation, always aim for: BT -> CS -> RB -> BT -> RB ->maybeRB ?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by mmoccf9bc62b6f; 2013-04-07 at 09:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maljar View Post
    Hello,

My Character - 507ilvl equipped

Logs:
    Council of Elders
    Primordius
    Lei Shen

Problem:
    I'm struggling, doing mostly around 100-110k. Logs m8 not include my latest changes, fixing stuff pooling more rage etc. but they didn't made noticable changes. Not sure if it's gear or rotation.

My opener: Shout/Prepot -> Charge -> BT -> SB + BB + DR -> Reck -> CS -> RB -> BT -> RB -> RB Then BT is starting my normal rotation.
    Normal rotation: BT -> filler (WS or HT or RB if 2 stacks) -> filler -> BT. I'm pooling rage and trying to get 1RB into CS phase.

First of all i'm not sure if it's ultimate rotation. Second of all, often my cds overlap, and i'm not sure what to use first sometimes (for example BT and CS cd coming in same or almost same time, or even BT CS BB/DR).
    How should i enter CS phase propetly during normal rotation, always aim for: BT -> CS -> RB -> BT -> RB ->maybeRB ?

Thanks in advance
    Two things. First, you're opener could be much better. BT-FREE-FREE(HT/BSWS)-BT-CDs/DR-Reck/CS-RB-BT-RB-RB-BT-RB.

Second, you want THREE RBs in a CS. So you'll have 1 RB saved, and BT-CS-RB-BT-RB-RB. Save B.rage for if you don't get a crit from the first BT/CS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Two things. First, you're opener could be much better. BT-FREE-FREE(HT/BSWS)-BT-CDs/DR-Reck/CS-RB-BT-RB-RB-BT-RB.

Second, you want THREE RBs in a CS. So you'll have 1 RB saved, and BT-CS-RB-BT-RB-RB. Save B.rage for if you don't get a crit from the first BT/CS.
    1. Thank you, there is one thing i do not understand tho. BT and CS sometimes come off cd at same time, or CS like 1 gcd before BT, and i'm not sure what to do then, should i w8 for BT cd and delay my CS, or just do CS and normal burst rotation (CS - RB - BT - RB - RB)?

2. Also i'm not sure what to do when there's burst phase incoming, sometimes - but rarely i find myself having 2 stacks of RB (just before burst, usually i'd drop 1 stack), and i'm not sure if i should use it and go to CS phase or just forget and go to CS phase anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maljar View Post
    1. Thank you, there is one thing i do not understand tho. BT and CS sometimes come off cd at same time, or CS like 1 gcd before BT, and i'm not sure what to do then, should i w8 for BT cd and delay my CS, or just do CS and normal burst rotation (CS - RB - BT - RB - RB)?

2. Also i'm not sure what to do when there's burst phase incoming, sometimes - but rarely i find myself having 2 stacks of RB (just before burst, usually i'd drop 1 stack), and i'm not sure if i should use it and go to CS phase or just forget and go to CS phase anyways.
    Because CS is on a 20 second CD and BT is on a 4.5 second, if you use CS exactly on cooldown, you'll be hitting it before a BT every other cycle. So it's better to just delay it the extra GCD and always use it after BT. If you have 2 RB procs, drop one before you go into a BT-CS-RB-BT-RB-RB phase.

Hey all.

battle .net/wow/en/character/blackrock/Protee/advanced- 500ilvl equipped

Logs:
    worldoflogs .com/reports/rt-x1ahwpf3lrjjou8r/sum/damageDone/?s=2652&e=2939 - Jin'Rokh Kill
    worldoflogs .com/reports/rt-x1ahwpf3lrjjou8r/sum/damageDone/?s=7815&e=8486 - Horridon Kill

My Opener: Shout, Prepot(depending on fight), Charge, DR+BB, BT, CS, Reck+Banner+Everything, RB+HS, RB+HS, BR -> RB+HS, Rotation

Rotation: Use BT on CD, BB+DR just before a CS, use WS to prevent rage cap (WS+HS if about to rage cap and I'm on Free WS), use free WS when they proc outside of CS and when BT isn't on cd. Try to enter CS with 2 RB so can get 3RB in a CS. Will heroic leap if situation allows - large enough hitbox, positioning is right, etc.

I very recently gained the T14 4pc and as such have been able to drop Reck a lot more often, but it doesn't seem to have helped too much.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but been told by guild I'm not pulling nearly the DPS I should be, and I must say that I agree.
    The logs posted above provide access to all the trash, wipes on Jin'Rokh, Horridon, as well as several Council attempts.

Usually I am getting all 8 buffs, only other melee is a rogue who outperforms me in all scenarios.
    For Horridon, I am the one who ends up grabbing the orb and rocking interrupts on most mobs as that's just how it goes with the setup our raid is being low on melee.

I want to improve as I feel I'm providing just horrible dps compared to what I should be.

Really hoping y'all might be able to help. Anything I can provide further, lemme know.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Your opener could do with some work. You want to delay CDs for a few BT cycles to get rage, enraged, trinket procs, and RB procs. So your opener would be like this shout/prepot/charge->BT-Free-Free (HT/bloodsurged WS)->BT->into opener.

Deleted
    Hey There. iam in dire need of dps advice. Iam ToT 25man raiding atm with two other warriors, the higher one useually do 20 - 30k more than I, and iam haveing a hard time figuring out where in my rotation i fuck up. (iam sorry for the lack of links)

Char: eu.battle net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Brising/simple
    Name -Brising Server- Stormrage EU
    ilvl - 517
    Specc - Fury (TG)
    SimDPS: 134000 (patchwerk)
    dummi: about 100000

Issue
    My raid dps is quite low compared to the two other warriors in my raid. Looking at logs (with a very limited training at that) i suspect a lot of the problem lies with the execute phase. Beside that i thing the opener needs some work aswell.
    In raids i do around 20 - 30 less that my two rivals.

Rotation

Opener:

1. Prepop/charge
    2. BT
    3. BB/Rec/Bloodfury/SB
    4. CS
    5. RB
    6. b.rage +RB
    7. RB.
    8. BT
    Starting normal rotation from step 4 i use HS as mutch as my rage allow it

Normal rotation during CS using bRage is needed

1. BT
    2. CS
    3. RB
    4. RB
    5. BT
    6. RB
    7. BT

Execute rotation

Pileing rage
    1.CS
    2.exe
    3.exe
    4.exe
    5.exe
    6.BT
    7. exe > RB > w8ing (depding on rage gain)

Here i try to pile fore CS+4xEXE and getting so many executes in as posible while w8ing on CS.

Note
    Similar to Shadowbaned (prev post) i just moved to this guild realizeing that my dps is rubbish. I have been trying differnt openers ( BT - pause - pause - BT - CS all cd's and so on) but non seems to get me anywhere near the dps my fellow warriors are doing. Any help you guys can give would be greatly apriciated. i apologize in advance for the bad spelling.

could not post logs
    but if anyone would take the time look at
    EU - Stormrage - Unquiallified

Thanks for reading and/or replying.

I've posted before to seek help and I've received help from some here and also from my guild mates. Rotation aside, another crucial thing I've learnt is to download a proc tracker ( I use weak auras ) to really try to align CDs .

For fights with dps boost: really important to research and know when to use what and hit what.

Padding: some have shared with me their padding tricks as well. Eg skipping a nest in jikun or ignoring turtles in tortos or jalak in horrid on. I don't recommend it but depending on your guild rules.. Might work for u

Hi. I'm not actually a warrior. I'm making this post because I'm unsure what to think of my guild's warrior recruit. I tried to pick through a fury guide and compare it to his performance in WOL, but without prior knowledge it's getting me nowhere. I know the OP of this thread says I need to have a basic understanding, but I'm hoping someone can just check out these WOL to see how he's doing generally: is he a good pick who just needs more gear to be competitive or is he underperforming? That question I cannot give the answer to. Help!

His name is Seckze. Here's his armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eckze/advanced

And here's my guild's WOL page. He'll appear in a variety of this weekend's and last weekend's boss fights. I simply notice he is far below the rogue (or really any dps) for most of the fights. Then again, his gear, especially his weapons, are also worse and I'm unsure how much that should matter.

http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/102798/

Please help! And thank you for your efforts.

You're warrior sims at 113k dps while your rogue sims at 137k dps so it's not surprising he's below the rogue but he seems pretty low on some fights. There are a few things he can improve on. Jinrokh just burst at the start when trinkets proc bloodbath comes back up while in the first puddle, Horridon mostly lacks damage at the end, tortos more aoe when not bladestorming, magaera better stacking of cds & CS, would expect him around 95-100k on mageara instead of 77k that's pretty low but your rogue should probably also be 10k higher. He should be using more potions only used 2 on tortos.

Is this progression for him? If so, give him a fee weeks to get up to speed and dps will come. Dps on tortos not bad. I think he died at Jin'rokh so not a fair fight. Horridon slightly low. Warriors bring utility to the raid so don't discount that

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Hi. I'm not actually a warrior. I'm making this post because I'm unsure what to think of my guild's warrior recruit. I tried to pick through a fury guide and compare it to his performance in WOL, but without prior knowledge it's getting me nowhere. I know the OP of this thread says I need to have a basic understanding, but I'm hoping someone can just check out these WOL to see how he's doing generally: is he a good pick who just needs more gear to be competitive or is he underperforming? That question I cannot give the answer to. Help!

His name is Seckze. Here's his armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eckze/advanced

And here's my guild's WOL page. He'll appear in a variety of this weekend's and last weekend's boss fights. I simply notice he is far below the rogue (or really any dps) for most of the fights. Then again, his gear, especially his weapons, are also worse and I'm unsure how much that should matter.

http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/102798/

Please help! And thank you for your efforts.
    Last edited by senturion; 2013-04-15 at 11:41 AM.