Page 61 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    No you're wrong. a dps increase is tanks killing adds as they get more vengeance from it. many classes(not warrior) lose boss dps if they touch the adds. But since fury warriors easily will kill off the adds, they shouldnt since then tanks wont gain as much vengeance then. Basically you want the adds up for the tanks to get the best boss damage. Fury warriors should use bladstorm with cancel aura macro on boss purely.
    I'm not entirely sure if you are either trolling hard or being serious with saying this. Post this to any higher end warrior either on this forum or another and they will all check if you are having a high fever when saying this. Or are you a tank maybe who thinks his main job is to get high on the DPS meter instead of trying to live and tank?

i am asked to DPS on garrosh heroic, should i go bladestorm/storm bolt or what ? i have eye of galakras and thok trinkets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    i am asked to DPS on garrosh heroic, should i go bladestorm/storm bolt or what ? i have eye of galakras and thok trinkets.
    BS/SB for every fight except Juggernaut, there it's DR/SB (speaking for fury ofc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hahnh View Post
    BS/SB for every fight except Juggernaut, there it's DR/SB (speaking for fury ofc)
    Nope, BS for single target, even on IJ. It's better than DR, you just cancelaura when enrage drops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Nope, BS for single target, even on IJ. It's better than DR, you just cancelaura when enrage drops.
    Should sticky this or something. I see people all the time that haven't read the bladestorm post thinking DR is still better on pure single target.

Is it in the fury guide?

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Please help me improve my performance. I only have one log (and I died in it ><). I'm ilvl 563 and feel like I could do better.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KaVH2kNhZCvWyDMq

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aahmi/advanced

Deleted
    - move the crit/hit gem from chest to your offhand for a whooping 60 strength gain
    - you could get some more socket boni, trading crit for strength & mastery but that's more of a personal preference you won't hit crit cap at that level anyways.
    - if the log isn't broken you forget to swap back out of berserkerstance, fighting 50% of the time in it... so there's your whole damage gone down the drain after the intermission.
    - do you macro your berserker rage to anything? Almost look like it. If so: don't

Deleted
    Hello everyone, i'm the raid leader of a 10 man heroic raiding guild. We have been farming Garrosh hc for three months now, but i'm still unsatisfied with the dps and play style our war dps is pulling. These are the logs of our last raiding night (don't mind the DK and lock, they're new players with low ilvl), could you please tell me if something's out of place? If you could take a look to the tank war too it would be awesome! Thank you for your help!

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...e-done&boss=-2

Deleted
    while I'm not the best at comparing numbers for 10 heroic, I'll try to give my two cents about the logs you linked.

Fallen Protectors: nothing really wrong here, good damage spread, just needs to stay out of noxious poison a bit, 27 ticks over the fight is pretty bad positioning.

Norushen: this one's pretty bad, since the logs starts from 27 secs I'm guessing he went in first? He only has 5 CS uses and 6 SB uses over the entirety of that fight, should be much higher and from the looks of it, he's bladestorming with no enrage up which is a big no no, make sure you hit that BT before starting to BS and cancelaura it after the fifth BS tick

Sha of Pride: 7 SB vs 11 CS, so missing a few there since has EEoG and enrage drops off a couple times or isn't up at all while he is bladestorming adds.

Nazgrim: Can't really say much for this fight as it depends on your tactic but I see he went DR over Bladestorm, should go bladestorm as he should be able to cleave with it on multiple occasions, bumping up his DPS

Malkorok: BS > DR, he's using DR while the blobs are up, severly gimping the dmg that DR does. Cleaving here with Bladestorm instead is FAR superior and a big boost in his DPS

Thok: Same thing again BS > DR, using DR on the bats while he should be bladestorming the hell out of them, such a waste. Only 10 CS over a 6 min fight, even with kiting phases that should be a lot higher. Also think he's been staying in zerker stance way too long, 86% uptime on it is pretty brutal. You can stay in zerker for a large portion of the stack phases (from 4th cry onwards or something) but not for the intermittent bits.
    Heroic Strike total is also pretty low so I wonder if he has been using the rage he gained from zerker stance effectively, you can pretty much spam it during the second half of the stack phase. Rest of DPS optimizing here is weaving in and out of hitting the boss while he's chasing other people and not getting yourself killed.

As a general rule, tell him to go Bladestorm on every fight, as with T16H weapons, it's a single target dmg increase over DR, even moreso when there is cleaving involved (which is pretty much every fight except one) It's such a waste to not use Bladestorm
    Last edited by mmoca57b028f33; 2014-08-21 at 09:22 AM.

Deleted
    Thank you Hahnh for your post! About protectors and nazgrim, tactic was to blame since we had a couple of 530ish in group and a tank with little experience.
    What you said about BS and DR is very interesting and i'll definetely tell him that.
    About what you said for Norushen:
    Norushen: this one's pretty bad, since the logs starts from 27 secs I'm guessing he went in first? He only has 5 CS uses and 6 SB uses over the entirety of that fight, should be much higher and from the looks of it, he's bladestorming with no enrage up which is a big no no, make sure you hit that BT before starting to BS and cancelaura it after the fifth BS tick
    The 27 second gap is due to the fact that i went in first, but i'm interested in the last part of what you wrote. Why should you use a cancelaura? and for what, BS i guess? What's that for? I'm sorry but i have close to none experience with warrior dps, i only have a tank alt. Thank you for your help

Deleted
    You use Bladestorm together with a cancelaura for it because Enrage with it's 6 second duration doesn't cover the full duration of Bladestorm.
    So in essence you run with bladestorm for the duration of the enrage, and cancelaura the last tick of it so you can BT and get enrage back up as soon as it drops, it's probably a good idea to add the cancelaura to either charge or BT depending on preference.
    That's the simple explanation without any math or anything behind it about the dmg comparison of that last tick of bladestorm vs BT+enrage etc...

For Prot Bladestorm is only worth using on Spoils if you open a shit ton of boxes, and on Galakras if you have a ton of adds up at any given point. For Prot DR hits a lot harder than BS does, the fact that it splits damage doesn't do that much as it will still be worth more than BS on fights such as Malkorok and Shamans.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

...and cancelaura it after the fifth BS tick...
    it's easier to just say cancel it when enrage falls off, also you didn't make it clear that you never cancel bladestorm if it's hitting multiple targets (you can hit a lot of extra target with BS on norushen) , enraged or not, it's higher dps/dpr to keep bladestorming. (not totally sure how many targets it needs to be to warrant canceling but that's just general advice)

Should I use bladestorm single target on Thok? I rage cap during the 6 secs spinning in berserker stance.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

How much rage/damage per second do we need to take to make berserker worth it again? So annoying to lose DPS with item upgrades (relatively). Used to be able to spam all I wanted to during annihilates or thok and now I can easily rage starve myself.

Can someone please post his macro for canceling all those buffs that reduce our damage taken like absorbs and bonus hp?

@Satori: You shouldn't be spinning for 6 seconds anyway
    In 10man it's possible to deplete all rage before bladestorming and you'll end up with cap right when you have to cancel it anyway (I admit that is without cheesing by canceling all absorbs and stuff).
    Last edited by meteo; 2014-08-27 at 08:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Should I use bladestorm single target on Thok? I rage cap during the 6 secs spinning in berserker stance.
    You can, but I'd suggest doing it at the start of a stacking phase and he bat phase ofc, once Thok gets up to higher stacks and you're in zerker, I'm pretty sure using Bladestorm at that point will be less dps than the HS spam you'll be able to pull off with a full rage bar pretty much after every roar. Besides that, cancel Bladestorm when enrage drops if you're using it ST.

Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    How much rage/damage per second do we need to take to make berserker worth it again? So annoying to lose DPS with item upgrades (relatively). Used to be able to spam all I wanted to during annihilates or thok and now I can easily rage starve myself.

Can someone please post his macro for canceling all those buffs that reduce our damage taken like absorbs and bonus hp?

@Satori: You shouldn't be spinning for 6 seconds anyway
    In 10man it's possible to deplete all rage before bladestorming and you'll end up with cap right when you have to cancel it anyway (I admit that is without cheesing by canceling all absorbs and stuff).
    Not sure about the exact number, but I found that switching to zerker around stack 5 lets me spam HS to my heart's content, even with 2 disc priests in my raid. (25 man)

Up until 6stacks you'll be able to dance in between Battle and Berserker Stance for each roar, after that it's best to stay in Berserker until the phase ends, unless you're tracking your absorbs and you notice one that's higher than the total damage a roar will deal to you, if that's the case you can either cancelaura it or you can go battle for a second or two.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quick question: If I get mind controlled during bladestorm on garrosh, do I wipe the raid? Or how does that work? I havent had the guts to try pre casting bladestorm but if it works it would make my life so much easier.

Deleted
    no it won't wipe the raid dw, if you're already channeling BS it doesn't turn into friendly fire if you get MC'd. I have 3 warriors pre-bladestorming in my raid, we never have any damage done to raid members by bladestorm if one of us gets MC'd

10+ Year Old Account
    no it won't wipe the raid dw, if you're already channeling BS it doesn't turn into friendly fire if you get MC'd. I have 3 warriors pre-bladestorming in my raid, we never have any damage done to raid members by bladestorm if one of us gets MC'd
    It actually does. Same if you drop DnD as a DK before.

I've seen BS hit 22 people in a 25m raid before, so unless that was some bug, you can hit everyone.