Page 70 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hello friends.

I am getting very frustrated raiding on my warrior. I'm under-performing so heavily that Im really considering switching classes to heal, or do ranged DPS.

warcraftlogs.com/guilds/30286/

Those are my guilds logs, and if you look at ANY of them, my DPS is about 5-10k lower than where I feel like it should be. Doing some reading, I should be swapping weapons for most of the fights until Exec phase, and I'm probably mistiming my last Reck. Anything else?

Not so much fix my dps, but more like fix my log.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Did beastlord earlier on my alt Warrior (Ultraslam) and ended up with a pretty decent run, thought I would rank very high for my gear only to see some crazy bug with the log showing us having spent 2mins in combat with the boss while not doing anything, thus it gave us a 79% active time on the boss and dropped the effective dps from 39k down to 31k.

It would seem that the log is recording the end of the previous wipe, the group running back and rebuffing and eating a feast etc as part of the encounter, and the whole 2mins up to the pull of the boss on the next attempt. Don't understand how the log could have ended up like this.

Anyone have some insight?
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-02-15 at 12:19 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I'm missing something, either from my rotation or enchants. I think I have my rotation down(i've based it on the 10 sec arms warrior thread), and by mrrobot enchants,etc should be fine. Though my neck enchant may be wrong but that alone could be the entire issue.
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=20

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...LBrnQ/#fight=8
    Armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mbbay/advanced

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yxoxo/advanced
    Not in dire need of log analysis but a few questions.

When would using bladestorm on a semi-aoe fight be worth while? EG Kromag, taking blade storm as TG fury for the hand phas7es, but is blade storm viable outside of the AOE @ all? Another example is Flamebender, some points where blade storm is obv choice but outside of that where should i use it in my single target rotation? (if at all?)

A side note question to above is, for a fight like Kromog/Flamebender where AOE is intermittent should i have my 695 weapon in mainhand/offhand?

I don't know how to get the profile for intermittent aoe to check for myself on simcraft 3:

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigVonMalal View Post
    Hey all, just frustrated with what I am doing vs what I could be doing. I feel like when I do not get a SD proc I just shit the bed and scrub the bottom of the meters with my tooth brush. Rocking 676 and feel like I am dpsing at a 660 rate.

I prefer to go Fury but have gone arms for multiple add fights, should be noted that this is my first expansion as a melee/warrior have been a warlock the past 2 years.

I can't post links due to my restrictions of a new account but my warrior is Malal on Stormrage US

Logs:
    warcraftlogs (extension goes here) /guilds/15838/

Any help would be appreciated,
    Thanks
    Bump for help please

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3260&e=3612

My guilds Gruul kill last week (Me being Angustherule)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erule/advanced

main question being is there anything im missing that i could improve on?
    (on this pull we kinda had a ninja pull so i didnt get my prepot in, saved it for execute phase as i think im supposed to)
    log out of date by a mainhand weapon gloves and boots.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Deleted
    I would like an audit of my gear and logs.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Braegon/simple
    World of log parse last raid: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&boss=-2

The main problem i have is on single target fights and i struggle reaching above 21-22k dps, and often fall below that and i am not certain what is the issue. I use my trink as often as i can remember aswell as my offensive cooldowns. I also almost allways prepot. For single target fights i switch to bloodbath, siegebreaker and usually stormbold. But i tried dragons roar this time around.

I am abit stumped on where my problems lie and look forward to all feedback i can get to improve myself.

With regards
    Demon2k3

I would really appreciate it if some people can look at my logs and give me some criticism. I don't believe my DPS on any of these fights are on PAR with my ILVL. Anything will help. I want to be a lot better and any help will be very appreciated. Below is my armory and the logs for the H BRF fights I have done. I've done the most I can to try to increase my DPS and I've read as much as I can but I don't feel like I'm doing good at all.

us.battle (dot) net/wow/en/character/bonechewer/Gavril/advanced

warcraftlogs (dot) com/reports/NXKTfkF2qp3Dr7yG
    warcraftlogs (dot) com/reports/L6MZQxyYARw12JNj

Hey guys, i dont venture much onto the warr section of mmo champ much but im in need of your help. i tank with a prot warr and he refuses to use shield block on the basis that shield barrier absorbs both. Now i don't play warr prot much but i know this is completely wrong and every time i try to advise that it is not the case he just gets really defensive and tells me to worry about how i play. (i know my ss/sera up times aren't perfect but they are hell of a lot better than his. If someone could analyse these logs and tell me what he should be doing it might open his eyes a bit more.

warcraftlogs(dot)com/reports/dBTYLQ7JA1qMZWcb#fight=9
    (this is our maidens kill from a few hours ago)

Any help on this would be muchly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Bigmits; 2015-02-22 at 11:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdracklryeg View Post
    Wait... There are black people in China? You learn something new everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Kids are the worst STD you can catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmits View Post
    Hey guys, i dont venture much onto the warr section of mmo champ much but im in need of your help. i tank with a prot warr and he refuses to use shield block on the basis that shield barrier absorbs both. Now i don't play warr prot much but i know this is completely wrong and every time i try to advise that it is not the case he just gets really defensive and tells me to worry about how i play. (i know my ss/sera up times are perfect but they are hell of a lot better than his. If someone could analyse these logs and tell me what he should be doing it might open his eyes a bit more.

redac
    (this is our maidens kill from a few hours ago)

Any help on this would be muchly appreciated.
    Thanks
    You need to separate the link like how others did above you.

But from your words and Maidens, I can say this: In ANY fight, if he glyphs correctly for the 20 rage and whatnot. He can throw out shield block for all its charges, and still have enough rage to throw out shield barrier to his heart's content during its recharge time. While shield barrier does absorb magic, physical and pretty much all damage, it only absorbs around 50k damage per 60 rage. Whereas if you're being auto-attacked and use shield block, you're absorbing a lot more than 50k damage, especially if it's special abilities of bosses that can be shield blocked. Critical blocks (which happen fairly frequently when you have shield block up) alone can absorb 50k damage (and more) from a single boss auto-attack and it doesn't just disappear after like shield barrier does.

I'd love to see the logs though if you can fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybrus View Post
    You need to separate the link like how others did above you.

But from your words and Maidens, I can say this: In ANY fight, if he glyphs correctly for the 20 rage and whatnot. He can throw out shield block for all its charges, and still have enough rage to throw out shield barrier to his heart's content during its recharge time. While shield barrier does absorb magic, physical and pretty much all damage, it only absorbs around 50k damage per 60 rage. Whereas if you're being auto-attacked and use shield block, you're absorbing a lot more than 50k damage, especially if it's special abilities of bosses that can be shield blocked. Critical blocks (which happen fairly frequently when you have shield block up) alone can absorb 50k damage (and more) from a single boss auto-attack and it doesn't just disappear after like shield barrier does.

I'd love to see the logs though if you can fix that.
    Like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by sdracklryeg View Post
    Wait... There are black people in China? You learn something new everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Kids are the worst STD you can catch.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking for help with a warrior guildie. He has been working hard on getting gear on his own and has his ilvl up to 660 but consistently performs way below where he should be... WAY below. I'm just looking for some hint of what he is doing wrong or not doing at all. He's a nice guy and we are a casual guild but I can tell he's getting frustrated with his performance (as we all are) after working to get gear and claiming to be working on his rotation.

Armory: us.battle (dot) net/wow/en/character/alleria/Warok/advanced

Log: askmrrobot (dot) com/wow/combatlog/5d6c9562-82db-4273-9af5-c2a06a549965/report/26#v=0,d=0,c=9 -This is from our normal Butcher kill last week. He died near the very end (seems to happen a lot) but its the best i could find.

Basically, I don't know enough about warrior to help him. I know he's not a great (or good) player at this point but he has been trying to improve and that counts for something in my eyes. Any chance someone could take a look and give me some ideas? Thanks

Hey all... had a quick questions pertaining to the recent patch:

As a side note I am fury for all fights as I need to keep my prot offset "just in case"

--Siegebreaker is a good choice single target now but where does it fit into the rotation?

Hey guys, I'm quite exasperated right now. I used to do pretty well on the charts, but the last HBRF run, I did terribly. And I have no idea why, because I didn't change any rotation. For example on any given fight in HBRF, my damage was about 5-6k less than a similarly geared warrior (Look at Either Mooster or Geheris in the logs below. My Char's name is Darksong btw.) Some fights the damage disparity becomes 10k or more. Unacceptable. I have a feeling there's something wrong with my rotations or when I decided to blow them.

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL THE LINKS HAVE SPACE IN THEM AS I AM NOT ALLOWED TO POST FULL LINKS YET

Rotation
    My priority is as such:

(1 being highest)
    1. Bloodthirst
    2. Suddendeath
    3. Wildstrikes (Surging blood proc)
    4. Raging blow (once it hits 2)
    5. Wildstrikes to spend rage if it's going to cap/during enrage+trinket proc

I do pop my Strength pots.

Macro

Damage Dump:
    /cast recklessness
    /cast sweeping strikes
    /cast Berserker Rage
    /cast bloodbath
    /use Draenic Strength potion

That''s my ALL in macro. That's about it.

Armory
    My general ilvl is 677 But here's my armory.

u s.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/Darksong/simple

I still have alot of haste which i'm trying to reduce. but how much should I sacrifice? For example I have an
    ilvl 670 waist that gives 182 strength 133 crit, and a new waist that's 200 strength 137 multistrike. Should i
    give up the extra strength for the crit?

Talents

For Single target fights,
    I Talent wise i usually go bloodbath/ravager(if not alot of movement)/STormbolt.
    For fights with some AOE, I go bladestorm,ravager/dragonbolt

If there's lotsa movement i usually just go with anger management.

Logs

(Operator/kro/flame/hanzfranz)
    ww w.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nxWmBMPqF1NLQD9k

I'd like some help seeing what went wrong in the following fights:
    Operator Thogar
    Flamebender
    Kromog

But please feel free to give general comments as well instead of specific to the fight.

A heartfelt thanks to anyone who does try to help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmits View Post
    Like that?
    Sorry for getting back so late: Yes, that's perfect.

Unyielding Strikes isn't a talent you take for progression as the primary concern of the tank is to survive and hold aggro. Putting out DPS is crucial, but not to the point that is jeopardizes your survivability. The reason unyielding strikes destroys survivability is:

-If you use it correctly, you're doing more DPS than with the other two talents, but you're wasting way too much rage on your heroic strikes over shield block and barrier, and thus lose absorbs by a large margin. Especially on a fight like Maidens where you CONSTANTLY have to tank a boss. The only fight I would actually ever consider using Unyielding Strikes on is Gruul, since the transition between tanks is 30-40 seconds, which gives you plenty of time to pump out heroic strikes.

-If you use it incorrectly, meaning you still make sure to get shield barriers and blocks up as often as you can, you're not able to pump out as much DPS as you would from taking Heavy Repercussions or Sudden Death.

So you're pretty much hurting your healers a lot. The important thing about Heavy Repercussions is, if you're in a progression group, do NOT (DO NOT) use shield block while off-tanking if the charges won't be back up in time for your active tanking turn. A lot of people do this for the sake of the increased shield slam damage, it's a bad habit, but you can often get away with it, I try not to.

So yeah, in my prior post to you in that other thread, I stated why Shield Block is a better thing for him, so I won't bother with that too much here. His enchants look solid, minus the poor ones, but that's more of budget concern over ignorance I believe (some might argue the both). Shockwave is not good on bosses unless there's adds that can be cc'd. I carry over 200 tomes of the clear mind in my bag, as should anyone, since different fights have different tanking mechanics.

He should not have Glyph of Shield Slam while in BRF to my knowledge. I would replace that with Wind and Thunder or Resonating Power if he knows add spawns very well.

Double Time instead of Juggernaut, for nearly all encounters. While it is ultimately a preference, as tanks you need burst movement/mobility over sustained speed (which Glyph of Enraged Speed) is for. With two charges and heroic leap, you are by far the most mobile tank still. Some might argue Monks, but Monks are gods so bleh.

From the looks of his defensive buff timelines, it looks like he isn't too coordinated with the externals at his disposal. Most of the externals are probably panic buttoned by others either when he himself panics, or you all see that his health is incredibly low. The Ironbark hits him right as he pops shield wall, pretty much wasting one or the other in his Iron Maiden's kill. He also should be spamming Berserker's rage whenever he isn't enraged. He only used it once in the fight, and his enrage up time is 70%, meaning he missed out on 10 rage gain per, and a passive 10% damage increase. THIS IS ALSO WHY SHIELD BLOCK IS GOOD. Whenever you critically block, you enrage. So yeah. Did I mention he only pre-potted but didn't use one during the fight? Or maybe he messed it up, idk.

Let me know if you need anymore assistance beating those fundamentals into his skull. I'd be glad to. If he needs a solid reference, subtracting the higher ilvl of gear. I was helping some fellows out with the Maidens fight and figure if he can compare, it'll certainly be of help. Do note I did take Ravager, and while it's a big DPS increase, it has sacrifices to survivability. If it were progression, I would probably go Gladiator's Resolve.

Mine: www (dot) warcraftlogs.com/reports/bpyDN2ZHtJrqTAYh#fight=20&type=summary

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Covaloch View Post
    Hey guys, I'm quite exasperated right now. I used to do pretty well on the charts, but the last HBRF run, I did terribly. And I have no idea why, because I didn't change any rotation. For example on any given fight in HBRF, my damage was about 5-6k less than a similarly geared warrior (Look at Either Mooster or Geheris in the logs below. My Char's name is Darksong btw.) Some fights the damage disparity becomes 10k or more. Unacceptable. I have a feeling there's something wrong with my rotations or when I decided to blow them.

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL THE LINKS HAVE SPACE IN THEM AS I AM NOT ALLOWED TO POST FULL LINKS YET

Rotation
    My priority is as such:

(1 being highest)
    1. Bloodthirst
    2. Suddendeath
    3. Wildstrikes (Surging blood proc)
    4. Raging blow (once it hits 2)
    5. Wildstrikes to spend rage if it's going to cap/during enrage+trinket proc

I do pop my Strength pots.

Macro

Damage Dump:
    /cast recklessness
    /cast sweeping strikes
    /cast Berserker Rage
    /cast bloodbath
    /use Draenic Strength potion

That''s my ALL in macro. That's about it.

Armory
    My general ilvl is 677 But here's my armory.

u s.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/Darksong/simple

I still have alot of haste which i'm trying to reduce. but how much should I sacrifice? For example I have an
    ilvl 670 waist that gives 182 strength 133 crit, and a new waist that's 200 strength 137 multistrike. Should i
    give up the extra strength for the crit?

Talents

For Single target fights,
    I Talent wise i usually go bloodbath/ravager(if not alot of movement)/STormbolt.
    For fights with some AOE, I go bladestorm,ravager/dragonbolt

If there's lotsa movement i usually just go with anger management.

Logs

(Operator/kro/flame/hanzfranz)
    ww w.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nxWmBMPqF1NLQD9k

I'd like some help seeing what went wrong in the following fights:
    Operator Thogar
    Flamebender
    Kromog

But please feel free to give general comments as well instead of specific to the fight.

A heartfelt thanks to anyone who does try to help me out.
    Firstly I wouldn't macro sweeping strikes and your potion on your burst macro, unless you have a different one for using reck, as you almost always save your potion for the execute phase, and on some fights you might use this with a reck in between. You should be pre-potting before the pull so it has no use at the start either. Sweeping strikes is useless if there isn't something to cleave by so unless u change macros for single target or fights where there are no targets to sweeping off of, this isn't a good idea either as it will be just wasted rage, and you don't want to waste rage during your cooldowns.

The main reason your damage was very lower compared to other warriors on Train boss is the fact that you delayed your reck so much that you could only use it twice, whereas they both used it 3 times. Your bladestorm damage seems significantly less than them as well, you should always be saving your berserking rage for when the adds are about to pop, because they die so fast and you don't want to waste time by trying to get enraged before you BS and risk not getting enraged at all, in fact you weren't enraged on 2 of your bladestorms, that is a huge dps loss, since bladestorm is a large portion of your damage on that fight. Added to that you used 5 bladestorms whereas they used 6 bladestorms. This is due to not having AM your bladestorms fell of short by a very small amount on every add pack, that talent for that reason is superior on this fight.

I'm guessing you died on Kromog, but that wasn't the only reason you were behind on damage. Your enrage uptime is very low compared to the other warriors. That is partly RNG but partly due to not using BT on cooldown and could partly be due to inefficient Berserking Rage usage (hard to say since you died). In general you should be saving your BR for when your enrage falls off, so if you have 3 seconds left on your enrage and your BT didn't crit don't use it right away, if your next BT doesn't crit then use it etc. The other warrior also used twice as many berserking rages as you. You also seem to have not positioned yourself well on the hands i.e. in the middle of a pack since his bladestorm did 3 times more damage than yours (again partly due to you missing one aoe phase since you died, but that's not the entire story looks like). Try to use your DR on the hands rather than on cooldown, you have only 7 hits with it.

Again on Flamebender you used 2 Recks on a 7.40 min fight, big dps loss. Other than that you executed way less than the other arms warrior. 60 executes vs 40. You should be using execute every chance you get on the wolves etc. Your rend dropped off 7 times from boss, you should have at least 95% uptime especially now that you can refresh it with 5 seconds left thanks to pandemic, your uptime was 72%. Your recklessness wasn't used on execute phase same with your strength potion. Also you had 87% Sweeping Strikes uptime, not sure why when the adds only spawn once every 1 minute.

All in all nothing huge, the most important thing you need to get used to is trying to time your cooldowns better, if you can use 3 recks don't delay your 2nd reck.

If you have only 2 recks, pop it at execute phase, pool 120 rage colossus smash pop reckpotion and spam execute until your recks over, then pool rage for next colossus smash window, you should be entering every CS window with full rage during the execute phase.

Make sure you are enraged for cooldowns and bladestorms when playing fury and don't use sweeping strikes unless it's going to hit something!

Good luck!
    Last edited by mmoc85f10c3755; 2015-02-26 at 12:21 PM.

Deleted
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=37

My first try as DPS warrior, been playing WW mainly. How's my rotation etc looking.

Would love to know how to improve. Should I delay CS in some cases?

Quote Originally Posted by Bekro View Post
    Firstly I wouldn't macro sweeping strikes and your potion on your burst macro, unless you have a different one for using reck, as you almost always save your potion for the execute phase, and on some fights you might use this with a reck in between. You should be pre-potting before the pull so it has no use at the start either. Sweeping strikes is useless if there isn't something to cleave by so unless u change macros for single target or fights where there are no targets to sweeping off of, this isn't a good idea either as it will be just wasted rage, and you don't want to waste rage during your cooldowns.

The main reason your damage was very lower compared to other warriors on Train boss is the fact that you delayed your reck so much that you could only use it twice, whereas they both used it 3 times. Your bladestorm damage seems significantly less than them as well, you should always be saving your berserking rage for when the adds are about to pop, because they die so fast and you don't want to waste time by trying to get enraged before you BS and risk not getting enraged at all, in fact you weren't enraged on 2 of your bladestorms, that is a huge dps loss, since bladestorm is a large portion of your damage on that fight. Added to that you used 5 bladestorms whereas they used 6 bladestorms. This is due to not having AM your bladestorms fell of short by a very small amount on every add pack, that talent for that reason is superior on this fight.

I'm guessing you died on Kromog, but that wasn't the only reason you were behind on damage. Your enrage uptime is very low compared to the other warriors. That is partly RNG but partly due to not using BT on cooldown and could partly be due to inefficient Berserking Rage usage (hard to say since you died). In general you should be saving your BR for when your enrage falls off, so if you have 3 seconds left on your enrage and your BT didn't crit don't use it right away, if your next BT doesn't crit then use it etc. The other warrior also used twice as many berserking rages as you. You also seem to have not positioned yourself well on the hands i.e. in the middle of a pack since his bladestorm did 3 times more damage than yours (again partly due to you missing one aoe phase since you died, but that's not the entire story looks like). Try to use your DR on the hands rather than on cooldown, you have only 7 hits with it.

Again on Flamebender you used 2 Recks on a 7.40 min fight, big dps loss. Other than that you executed way less than the other arms warrior. 60 executes vs 40. You should be using execute every chance you get on the wolves etc. Your rend dropped off 7 times from boss, you should have at least 95% uptime especially now that you can refresh it with 5 seconds left thanks to pandemic, your uptime was 72%. Your recklessness wasn't used on execute phase same with your strength potion. Also you had 87% Sweeping Strikes uptime, not sure why when the adds only spawn once every 1 minute.

All in all nothing huge, the most important thing you need to get used to is trying to time your cooldowns better, if you can use 3 recks don't delay your 2nd reck.

If you have only 2 recks, pop it at execute phase, pool 120 rage colossus smash pop reckpotion and spam execute until your recks over, then pool rage for next colossus smash window, you should be entering every CS window with full rage during the execute phase.

Make sure you are enraged for cooldowns and bladestorms when playing fury and don't use sweeping strikes unless it's going to hit something!

Good luck!

Thank you so much for the critique. After playing Arms for quite awhile I must admit I havent been making sure my Enrage is up before using those important cooldowns. Thanks once again man.

Deleted
    Hi fellow warriors,

I've been doing pretty bad last night on our tries on Mythic Gruul (32-35k dps) so I'm starting having doubts on my abilities to play fury warrior.

I went on M Gruul with SD/SB/Bloobath/AM. here's my armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...an/Daxz/simple

On our two best pulls (before I asked to be replaced) it was :

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&cutoff=4
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&cutoff=4

I am wondering why my average DPS is so low.
    Here are my enrage uptime, is it bad ? :

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...12880&cutoff=4
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...12880&cutoff=4

I am playing TG with Tectus/Blackhand's trinkets.
    Am I doing anything wrong please ? I do accept any tips/advices.

Greetings and a Gracious Good Day!

I've been struggling to put out the numbers I should on quite a few fights.. I've been reading everything to try and improve my output, but I feel like I need to hear some criticism from someone else. I generally do fairly well on the meters in my guild, and no one has complained about my dps, but I know I'm in the lower percentile on quite a few fights.

I'd like to start with my most recent Maidens kill: (from Warcraftlogs, I can't post links yet :P)

reports/bRGTamKPjBzLNF4p#fight=6&type=damage-done&source=7

I gained a few pieces of gear since that kill (replaced badly-itemized 680 belt/legs with some crafted Crit/Multi ones), but I was using that same weapon (686 Crescent) and those trinkets (Scabbard + 676 Tectus). Please tell me where I'm going wrong so I can work on correcting my play.

Thank you, fellow warriors!