Page 71 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    Greetings and a Gracious Good Day!

I've been struggling to put out the numbers I should on quite a few fights.. I've been reading everything to try and improve my output, but I feel like I need to hear some criticism from someone else. I generally do fairly well on the meters in my guild, and no one has complained about my dps, but I know I'm in the lower percentile on quite a few fights.

I'd like to start with my most recent Maidens kill: (from Warcraftlogs, I can't post links yet :P)

reports/bRGTamKPjBzLNF4p#fight=6&type=damage-done&source=7

I gained a few pieces of gear since that kill (replaced badly-itemized 680 belt/legs with some crafted Crit/Multi ones), but I was using that same weapon (686 Crescent) and those trinkets (Scabbard + 676 Tectus). Please tell me where I'm going wrong so I can work on correcting my play.

Thank you, fellow warriors!
    It seems your rends are dropping off your targets even when they're not on the ship, for example your rend dropped off admiral 16 times, it's alright to let it drop on occasion if u have the 2set going etc. but it seems you're dropping it off a bit more than necessary. Similar with Sweeping Strikes, you should always have at least 2 targets on that fight, since you didn't go up to the ship, your SS uptime is 81%, should be around 90-92% realistically. Also this is a huge damage loss if you let it drop off during Sweeping executes, as execute is a decent chunk of your damage.

You're delaying your Scabbard way too long, it's nice to align it with cooldowns; but if you use it on cooldown, it's going to align with Reck and Bladestorm every other cast anyway so delaying is actually losing dps as you are losing entire uses of the trinket. Also looks like your scabbard came off cooldown at the last 12 seconds of the fight, could've almost got a full use out of it there. You used Scabbard 6 times in a 12.30 min fight, whereas ideally you could have used it 8 times. Stacking the trinket with a cooldown is not better if it comes with the cost of losing an extra use of the trinket even if it doesn't stack with anything. You also delayed bladestorm a bit too much and got 10 uses out of it instead of 12. 2Set can make this annoying, as you want to use CS with 2set then bladestorm but also have to keep in mind that you shouldn't let the rends drop off. But even with all that you should have at least had 11 bladestorms I think (that's allowing you 1.30 mins of delaying time in total since it's a 12.30 min fight in this case)

You didn't use your second potion at the end with your cooldowns on execute phase, and your execute damage seems a bit on the low side, during execute phase make sure you are entering every CS with full rage (unless you have 4p then 90-100 rage), and that you don't waste any rage due to capping. You should also continue to use e bladestorm during execute phase, after you dump your rage with executes in CS use bladestorm until you are about to ragecap (as you keep auto attacking and gaining rage during bladestorm) then go on as usual. You can always cancel your bladestorm if you are going to cap rage, as executes with sweeping strikes are going to be more valuable than missing those couple BS ticks.

Seems you're not utilizing your 2set very well also, you should make sure to delay MS a couple seconds if your CS is about to cooldown so that you don't waste a chunk of your 2 set bonus if that CS procs it. Other than that don't forget to keep using MS until the buff is over.

Some of your ravagers are doing way less damage compared to others, so I'm guessing bosses are getting out of it due to movement. While some of this can't be avoided, try to anticipate where there's less movement to place it down (without delaying it a whole lot, you can try to place it in between bomb transitions so the bosses aren't dancing as much), communicate with tanks as well to bring down the downtime on it as much as you can.

Nothing major really, just small things, I would say the biggest impact to dps is coming from delaying scabbard too much, and possibly some sweeping executes.

Deleted
    Hi all,

We had our first go on HC Blast Furnace yesterday and my fellow warriors and I sucked something fierce on that fight (except our tank, ofc).

I like to think we all have a pretty good idea on how to work our class, but that fight proved me very wrong.

The biggest issue we faced, was not getting the elementalists down in one go, but at the same time it felt like we would get swarmed by adds, if we specced even more into single target.

If you could help out with spec/talent choices and general tips for warrior performance on that fight, it would be greatly appreciated. I tried out different things throughout the tries, but believe I'll stick with Arms, going forward, running TfB, DR, BB, AM.

Here's the log (sorry for the non-link):

www warcraftlogs com /reports/L8yPjBJdGh2RYQcm#type=damage-done&sourceclass=Warrior&boss=1690&wipes=1
    Last edited by mmoc98c10d8adf; 2015-03-04 at 08:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by sjsctt; 2015-03-04 at 06:56 PM.

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some help for my guild's arms warrior. He's about 670 iLvl but has trouble getting past the 25th percentile in DPS rankings. I've looked through his logs and similar arms warriors and it seems to me that the proportions are correct in terms of dmg. The only thing I can think of is maybe he isn't casting as many abilities as he should. Our guild doesn't expect top 95 percentile performance but it just seems so low. In the flamebinder log I am linking below he did only 21k. If someone more experienced with warriors could give it a look I would greatly appreciate it.

Few caveats: He died on gruul and ore so ignore those logs. He also got that gruul ring tonight so that's why it isn't enchanted yet.

Flamebinder log : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...bZRH4#fight=19

armory : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zshae/advanced

Thanks so much again!

Greetings my fellow plate clad rage cases! I've been playing my warrior for a little over two months now and have come to a point where I can't find any further info on how to improve my dps (other than asking other warriors). With my guild not having any other warriors, I thought where better to seek advice and criticism than a place of peers?

Logs = reports/PNKV62CztDMxXm3q#type=damage-done&boss=-2&wipes=2
    Armory = wow/en/character/moon-guard/Tuhk/advanced

So we've been progressing through H BRF and are currently 5/10. On Gruul/Gorger/Hanz&Franz/Flamebender I usually run SD/DR/Avatar/SB (though I sometimes wonder if I should use more AoE talents for hanz&franz), and on Darmac I run SD/SW/BS/Ravager. I have a simdps of 32k on a patchwerk fight, so I'm not sure how relevant that is to the fights in BRF, but I've been using it as a baseline. Really curious as to what I may be doing wrong (or right, if anything at all) as I've only been raiding for a large majority of my warrior's lifespan and am open to any advice.

Hey guys. I'm looking to help out my guilds Arms/Fury Warrior and was looking to get some input from your guys as to what he should improve on.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/32547

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...an/Kero/simple

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocherend View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for some help for my guild's arms warrior. He's about 670 iLvl but has trouble getting past the 25th percentile in DPS rankings. I've looked through his logs and similar arms warriors and it seems to me that the proportions are correct in terms of dmg. The only thing I can think of is maybe he isn't casting as many abilities as he should. Our guild doesn't expect top 95 percentile performance but it just seems so low. In the flamebinder log I am linking below he did only 21k. If someone more experienced with warriors could give it a look I would greatly appreciate it.

Few caveats: He died on gruul and ore so ignore those logs. He also got that gruul ring tonight so that's why it isn't enchanted yet.

Flamebinder log : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...bZRH4#fight=19

armory : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zshae/advanced

Thanks so much again!
    His logs alright to be honest. The thing that I noticed though is that even though he is 670ilvl, his most important items are lower ilvl, weapon and trinkets. He is currently in arms gear so I can't see his weapons, but judging by his offhand attacks his offhand weapon must be really low ilvl;

Execute Main Hand: 810k Damage with (41% Crit & 21% Multi)
    Execute Off-hand: 349k Damage with (42% Crit & 18% Multi)

That is a massive difference, usually with similar crit&multis mh and offhand have about a 10-15% difference. There's a 43% difference in his. This of course affects Storm Bolt, Raging Blow, Whirlwind and most importantly Wildstrike.

Now here's the kicker, he's playing with the Furious Strikes talent and FS means you use Wildstrike a lot more than playing with the Sudden Death talent, and since wildstrike is dealing offhand damage, if his offhand weapon is low ilevel it will really hurt his overall damage.

If he has an ilvl difference between two weapons there's two options: Put his better weapon in the offhand and go with the FS talent as he does now, or he should go with the SD talent, I would advise the latter. Because your execute will be dealing less damage when you have the better weapon equipped in the offhand so you need to swap around your weapons when you hit the execute phase when going with the first scenario. If you go with SD you do everything as usual (better wep on MH), use execute procs as soon as you get them try not to delay them for any reason, since if it procs before you use it, you have basically lose a charge of it.

Other than that his crit is a bit on the low side, so his damage will improve once he comes around 20%+ crit chance. His cooldown usage seems to be alright. The only thing I noticed is he seems to be using Berserker Rage on cooldown, he should try to hold on to this and use it when his BT doesn't crit to maximise his enrage uptime.

He didn't use a second pot, should be using that with his last recklessness/trinkets/cds during execute. Also during his last set of cooldowns he used only 3 Raging Blows and 1 Execute, He should be saving rage before boss hits 20% and entering that phase with almost full rage, popping cooldowns and pumping out as many executes as he can, ideally you want to be fitting at least 5 executes to begin with followed with raging blows during recklessness, you can use 4 off the bat since you'll be having about 120 rage and just keep using execute until you run out of rage then keep using RBs at that point (this is for the recklessness duration). Normal execute rotation should be keeping BT on cooldown, using RB stacks as they come and replace Execute with Wildstrike to burn off rage, RB deals less damage than Execute but costs 10 rage so it is actually more effective per Rage point. The last reck and execute phase in general is very important and is a big contributor to damage.

All in all though, I'd say the offhand weapon is the biggest factor accounting for the low damage (along with the sloppy Execute phase and Reck usage during that phase).
    Last edited by mmoc85f10c3755; 2015-03-06 at 10:54 AM.

Thanks, theres a lot of good info in there. I'll definitely pass it along to him.

Hey guys,

Its been happening for quite some time, I've been through and comparing countless logs & guides.
    I believe i'm doing my rotation and aligning of cds right. I'm at my wits end in regards to my dps.

Gear
    Armory : battle(dot net) /wow/en/character/thaurissan/Vtiate/advanced
    Current trinkets are the best i can get my hands on at the moment. My opener macro is used with scabbard and the other trinket after the on-use CD is over.

Logs
    Last Night's Blackhand(H) kill :
    warcraftlogs(dot com) /reports/vJQBYm6ZGRy4hxHM#type=summary&fight=22
    i was consistently low 25k+ throughout the attempts. i must be doing something really wrong....

Heroic Clear :
    warcraftlogs(dot com) /reports/T7HRkg4j2PXvYwqb#type=summary&boss=-3
    Wasn't using the proper talents for Grull and Oregorger.

Feedback would be very much appreciated.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hello, I'm the raid leader of a semi hardcore guild from the ragnaros server, and altho I can help mostly any of my raiders when it comes to dps issues or even hps, I have never EVER played warrior so it gets really hard for me to analyze his dps and whatnot, that being said, I've noticed his numbers were a bit low last week and have improved a bit this week, even then, he is still at the bottom of the list. I can feel he should be doing more but I can't be completely certain of it.
    I have logs of today's raid, if you guys would be so kind to give me/him any advice to improve, that 'd be amazing
    Thanks in advance.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qn16d3ZXFhrMYJAj
    https://us.battle.net/wow/en/charact...Taruk/advanced his armory

PS: Please ignore the furnace fight, it was mostly progression for us.

Deleted
    HI,
    Log from last night's iron maidens. First i thought i did well but then i checked other warris (same iLVL) and felt embarrassing.
    Me: ww_w.warcraftlogs.com/reports/CVwtRda4KxyLHmjF#fight=5&type=damage-done&sourceclass=Any
    Random Warrior: ww_w.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XYht6MJca9GPrFf8#fight=19&type=damage-done

How does he have so much higher dmg in SS?
    Do i spam too much WW?

Quote Originally Posted by Naw4k View Post
    HI,
    Log from last night's iron maidens. First i thought i did well but then i checked other warris (same iLVL) and felt embarrassing.
    Me: ww_w.warcraftlogs.com/reports/CVwtRda4KxyLHmjF#fight=5&type=damage-done&sourceclass=Any
    Random Warrior: ww_w.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XYht6MJca9GPrFf8#fight=19&type=damage-done

How does he have so much higher dmg in SS?
    Do i spam too much WW?
    You use BB instead of BS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaktus View Post
    You use BB instead of BS.
    Hmm well at the end it doesn't matter
    i am at 29.4M Dmg, he is at 30M Dmg

The only difference: he's got a better rank

Quote Originally Posted by Naw4k View Post
    Hmm well at the end it doesn't matter
    i am at 29.4M Dmg, he is at 30M Dmg

The only difference: he's got a better rank
    Probably would've placed better if you staggered cooldowns for the sake of your second and third recklessness. They pretty much stand alone. Your most powerful cooldown isn't being used at the same time as your other cooldowns for 50% of your time in that fight. Could probably sink in 2k more DPS from that alone. I shed a single tear. They're so close together, yet so far apart. It looks like you couldn't be bothered to wait 10 seconds for Recklessness to come off CD before you used ravager, bloodbath, racial and Scabbard. Why god why!
    Last edited by Cybrus; 2015-03-11 at 05:55 PM.

Hi

I spent some time improving my offspec (currently ilvl 673) and made log today from heroic Gruul. I scored around 31,5k (ending up as second) which is like about 8-10k more then I was able to do month ago. I'd like to ask if there is some obvious mistake or problem I could fix to get around like 35k or is this maximum for current gear?

as for specific talents/trinks. I used Avatar + Scabbard, I have 2pc set bonus.

here is log: at warcraftlogs /reports/6bBcTYdznvQfH498#fight=4&type=summary

Char: Durnakan
    I'll be glad for any feedback on it.

Thanks

How can I get myself to the next level. I know I use DR on every fight because I am lazy and I like the style of it.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/p8wxBGVhL9q2nJZa (rakeem)

I do okay but I lack mostly on aoe fights.
    Last edited by reakwon; 2015-03-12 at 07:11 AM.

Hey Guys, dont know if people still look at this, but here goes...

I had a couple of questions for all you experiences warriors out there, since i am suffering with my dps(what makes it worse is, I have pretty good gear - ilvl 680):

1. How much difference in DPS does the tier 4 set bonus give you (arms and fury) approximately? I dont have it (have only 2pc)
    2. I am using SCabbard and Skull of war as trinkets because ive had horrible luck with drops - are these considered sub par at the moment and a huge dps loss given the trinkets from heroic/mythic brf and HM?
    3. I have a link to my armory below - it seems something is off because Simc (with my current gear) says my single target shoud be 34K+ in Fury but I am always hovering around 29K
    4. It seems my arms performance is even more pathetic (attached logs below) - on fights like Operator with all the adds I should be doing 45K+ but again, struggle to hit 35K (not to mention iron maidens where i can never go above 30K)

I hope someone can help me because I'm reached my wits end and the fact that i out dps my warrior on my rogue (10 ilvls lower) on all BRF fights without even trying =/

Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tanaris/Racrage/simple

Logs -->

Heroic Gruul (for fury): warcraftlogs.com/reports/Pgyvnztq1xFkdmXA#fight=2&type=damage-done&source=17
    Heroic Operator (for arms): warcraftlogs.com/reports/nc1HJPyWVAgk2qBK#fight=2&type=damage-done&source=9

I'd appreciate any feedback you guys have.... thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrgein View Post
    Hello, I'm the raid leader of a semi hardcore guild from the ragnaros server, and altho I can help mostly any of my raiders when it comes to dps issues or even hps, I have never EVER played warrior so it gets really hard for me to analyze his dps and whatnot, that being said, I've noticed his numbers were a bit low last week and have improved a bit this week, even then, he is still at the bottom of the list. I can feel he should be doing more but I can't be completely certain of it.
    I have logs of today's raid, if you guys would be so kind to give me/him any advice to improve, that 'd be amazing
    Thanks in advance.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qn16d3ZXFhrMYJAj
    https://us.battle.net/wow/en/charact...Taruk/advanced his armory

PS: Please ignore the furnace fight, it was mostly progression for us.
    Gruul

On Gruul his enrage uptime seems a bit low 80% He only has 60% crit with Bloodthirst so part of that is due to unlucky RNG it seems, since he has 22% unbuffed crit. He seems to be using Berserker Rage on cooldown however, he should be using this to maximize his enrage uptime, so most of the time he should be using it when not enraged.

He didn't align cooldowns for second reck with Vial and execute phase. When only able to reck twice in a fight such as gruul, you are supposed to save the last reck for execute phase line it up with whatever else u got and go all out on executes during that reck, should also be using the second strength potion here (assuming pre-pot before pull).

Also when running with Vial, it's better to go with AM most of the time since it lines up Vial with Reck (may need to delay vial about 10-20 secs, but it's close enough). Ofcourse on Gruul, wouldn't have mattered 4.30 duration probably not enough to squeeze 3 Recks in, unless you get some really nice crit RNG from autoattacks and spend plenty rage, it's close.

Thogar

Being enraged is very important during bladestorm, his enrage fell off on 2 of his bladestorms, and wasn't enraged at all on his 3rd bladestorm. Also 3 bladestorms seem too little to me on that fight (prob due to not having AM as well), but depends positioning when being seperated on mid trains etc. I suppose, can't say for sure.

He used only 2 recks on a 6.13 min fight, should be able to fit 3 in even without AM, but on this fight it's better to go with AM anyway since you can have bladestorm up for every add spawn. Enrage uptime seems very low in general, 77%. Should be way higher with his crit chance. Again, only one potion used, I guess he's not pre-potting.

Flamebender

He wasn't enraged for a few secs at start of fight, and didn't use Berserker Rage for a while, the opener is very important since every one of your enchants/trinkets/cooldowns everything is up so it's a huge huge loss of damage if you spend any time not enraged during this first 10-15secs.

Again only 2 recks used, when running with Ravager that's normal but he should be saving the 2nd reck for execute phase, if he ran with AM he could get 3 recks, all used alongside Vial. Again no pre-pot.

Kromog

Again 2 bladestorms while not enraged, I would suggest binding Berserking Rage with Bladestorm if he's having problems with activating it before bladestorm, then all he has to keep in mind is to not use it when bladestorm is about too cooldown. He should be tracking his enrage in general, it's the most important thing in fury, tellmewhen is an easy addon to setup, if he's not using anything. He should also not be spending any rage on wildstrikes if he's not enraged, unless he's going to rage cap.

Again only 2 recks, 2nd not used during execute. AM would be really well here, offering him 3 recks and aligning with Vial as before. He used a 2nd potion on this boss, but didn't align it with reck or anything, and didn't use it during execute phase.

Summary:

Try to maximize enrage uptime better, with better use of Berserking Rage.
    Use AM most of the time since it aligns reck with Vial, and often lets you use in another reck in the fight. If you can't get a 3rd reck save it for execute, line it up with as much as you can, save rage prior to popping them and spam execute as much as you can while under the effects of the cooldown.
    Pre-pot before the pull, and use the second potion during execute phase with cooldowns.

I'm the GM of a guild currently raiding heroic BRF and I have a friend who is busy trying to gear up and prepare his warrior to raid with us but he is having some issues with his DPS and I haven't played a warrior since tanking Gruul and Magtheridon. He is much lower geared than the rest of our raid but we brought him along to try to feed him some gear on our boss 1-8 night. His DPS is very low and while i figured he'd be bottom of the list due to his gear level his simulations seem to be much higher and he is concerned he's missing something.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about warriors other than I hate them on my priest in PVP so I am hoping someone here can help. It appears he is not keeping enrage up as much as possible and I feel he's using Wild Strikes too much and it doesn't appear he's using Bladestorm while enraged but what the hell do I know...

He is ilvl 661 and is fury.

His armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Celts/advanced
    Our logs for the night: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KrVZvXRdYFAz3ybq

He was in all the fights except Iron Maidens kill.

Requiring AID for my warrior, extremely frustrated because I feel like there's very little room for error, yet I'm consistently falling in low percentiles and doing 10-20k under simcraft specs. I've recently switched to fury in hopes of increasing my single target, but if there's any advice people can offer for arms that would be really appreciated.

My Fury and Arms gear is identical, (-1 2H) and I unfortunately still only have my tank trinket, horrible RNG on drops lately. (Also I need to have prot OS).

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Valkyrja/simple
    Recent Log that I should be parsing a lot higher on due to 3+ targets. The dead time around 8:00 is due to the RL calling a DPS stop so we didn't push them before ship phase was over: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KxwDTb62GcCXpMaH#type=damage-done&source=23

Priorities:
    1. Keep rend up on 4-5 targets, refresh at <5s
    2. MS on CD, will try to delay of Colossal is <2s
    3. WW if 60+ rage
    4. Sweeping on CD if more than 1 target
    5. Pool rage around 22-24% for execute/reck/2nd pot
    6. First pull for AoE = Reck, Ravager, SS, BS, Dragons, Thunderclap

Help ):
    Last edited by Siberia; 2015-03-12 at 06:20 PM.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //