Page 87 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/R7cb8nLmVPJWT43N#boss=1841&wipes=1&type=damage-done

can anyone help me? i dont know whats doing wrong with my gear

rylo server Eredar-Eu

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys,

I'm posting this for my good friend artémyss because my english is better than hers.
    After last weeks raid we were thinking that her dps could be higher than it is at the moment so I was wondering if someone could look at our logs and be so kind as to give some tips or point out any problems that may come up.

Here is her armory: eu.battle.net/wow/fr/character/dalaran/Art%C3%A9myss/advanced

Our nm clean: www warcraftlogs.com/reports/gAyFHtm9DPv3wkjJ#fight=1

and the first 2 hm bosses we killed: www warcraftlogs.com/reports/WCYKBTvRgjyz8Xr6

any feedback would be great! thanks in advance.

Deleted
    I'd be grateful for any help. I am newly registered to post but have been reading here for a while now.

I have played as a warrior main starting in vanilla, taking breaks for some expansions and switching servers multiple times (started out as a human alliance character - my current main is a troll )

Anyway, I've always been a tank and at times raidleader. It's the most fun role to me and I've always enjoyed it but this expansion I am raiding with a couple of friends and their guild which already had two tanks, so I am "forced" to play DPS instead, which really is a new mindset to me.

My DPS so far wasn't brilliant but it was ok on most things, I am getting better but on our first heroic Xavius kill (yes, we're not a high end guild :P) yesterday my DPS was absolute shit compared to other fury warriors (I just don't like the arms playstyle, so if your only suggestion is to switch specs, no thank you ).

Qazza - on EU Kazzak
    Here's the logs from the raid yesterday: ht tps : //w ww . warcraftlogs . com/reports/KHRV29vJcFaDGfwb/
    (can't post links yet so please copy/paste without the spaces)

I did have to run out for three consecutive Nightmare blades which definitely hurt (right in the add phase as well, where I should have been able to cleave) but I am sure there are more problems...

Also in the third phase I ran into some FPS problems, might have to switch off some addons during raids in the future.

I also think I might use FS too much. I tend to use it when BT/RB/Rampage are all on CD or I don't have enough rage for Rampage but I think sometimes I "delay" other abilities like BT would be off CD quicker than the gloab CD I activate with FS - Is it better to wait doing "nothing" then, instead of hitting FS?

I'm not the most mechanically gifted player but I really want to do my best to help my guild out but I know I still have a lot to learn to improve so any help at all is appreciated

Deleted
    Man, is it normal to do 140K unbuffed as a Fury Warrior, at ilevel 830? Fells really low.

This is less about fixing DPS and more curiosity if I can't play the class at all or is Fury that bad, but here is the armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...roganov/simple

And the relevant fight:

I also simed my char, and got:
    Attack: Me 23% Sim 16%
    Raging Blow: Me 22% Sim 26%
    Rampage: Me 19% Sim 12%
    Bloodthirst: Me 15% Sim 11%
    Whirlwind: Me 10% Sim 7%
    Odyn: Me 5% Sim 5%
    Furious Slash Me 3.5% Sim 4%
    Last edited by mmocd16b410b3b; 2016-10-19 at 09:40 AM.

We have a fury warrior under performing on DPS based on relative ilvl, I'd like to be able give some recommendations. You can pick any fight you like, but the straight up damage fights like Dragons of Nightmares might be good, or Nytheria. I'm certain it's going to be a lack of ability uptime/rotation problem which will apply across all fights.

Logs from all encounters this week: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=-2&source=98
    Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Noemii/simple

Thank you for your help!

Requesting help for an Arms warrior for one of the members in my guild.

Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ofast/advanced
    Logs from last night:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mmary&fight=30
    Logs from our first xavius/cenarius heroic kill:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DWNT3mL2dc4ZYzB7

So here's the deal, this particular player has joined our guild as arms DPS. He usually mains tank, but we had all of our tank spots covered.

Now he came into this not knowing the proper rotation, builds, stat weights, anything. We seemed to have figured out our stat priority:
    Str > Mastery > Vers > Haste > Crit (maybe haste in front of vers),

And we seemed to have figured out the proper buildFirst tier >>> last tier)
    Dauntless > Double Time > Avatar > Bounding Strides > FR > Deadly Calm > Anger Management

He's only using FR before-and-during battle cry, or with massive amounts of rage. So He will build 3 FR, pop battle cry, MS > 3 more FR > Hope for another MS proc.
    If he just casted CSmash, and within 2 seconds gets a proc, he's still using it. He isn't waiting for the debuff to fall off, he uses it ASAP.
    As for massive amounts of rage, if he's got 60% rage, then he'll build 3 FR's for a dump.

..But going from last week to where he felt iffy, to now where he feels a lot more comfortable doing the rotation, as you can tell his DPS is still just lacking.

We really want to try and figure this out. Is our rotation wrong? Is the stat priority wrong? Bad build?? We've even tried to look at higher-ranked-arms-warriors in the guild and peek at their rotation to see wtf's going on, and we cannot figure this out. Is arms just that broken?

Deleted
    So how much should you take Simulationcraft stat scaling to heart?

The common recommendation for fury is haste to 50% and mastery as your primary stats, with versatility and then crit.

But the result from simulationcraft places mastery as my worst stat:

Hey guys,

I haven't made a prot warrior yet this expansion, so I can hardly help my co-tank... I'd love to help him any way I can though.

His dps is extremely low, sporting the 20th percentile most of the time, can you give me any pointers on what he can improve? Considering we're a guild that wants to be top50 us, our guild leader should at least be higher in the percentiles... I don't necessairly need info on how to sacrifice survival for dps (although id like to share that with him), but i think it should easily be doable for him to reach 80th percentile even if hes focusing full survival.

Here's the logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...r/5105/latest/

Take note that he is tanking the drakes on cenarius mythic since last night.

Deleted
    It looks like he isn't using Shield Block enough. He should be aiming to have it on a higher uptime seeing as he's eating autoattacks often. Shield block will give a 60% increase to his Shield Slam damage, and at one point there is a 24 second gap between applications. Although Prot warr dps is so poor that even with a great dps rotation you'll probably only get a 40k increase at best. Your improving time might be better spent elsewhere if he isn't dying on you.

Hello All,

I have used these threads to research and finally decided to post.

I am the main tank of my guild and we are 6/7 Heroic EN. I have not seen visible evidence that my tanking was an issue until Xavius. I am not sure if it is me causing an issue or the heals. I want to make sure that I am properly mitigating and make sure that I am not missing anything.

Ârès - Arthas is my character. If you need any additional information please let me know. I chose for my stat priority as Haste> mastery > Vers however I have high mastery right now. If anyone can give some helpful suggestions that would be great and much appreciated.

Deleted
    Could someone take a look at this and give me feedback for Nythendra? I did die before execute phase but still feels very low.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=26

Could also do with a look at this, I felt I did ok but should've been putting out more.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=26

I feel I am going very wrong somewhere and I need to figure it out. Especially because I do get good parses on other fights but I am not changing much.

Need some assistance please

Hi guys, Usually i am pretty good at research and finding out what i need to do to increase my performance/dps meters but this time i am completely stumped. My ill is 870 and even though i dont have the BIS gear on our heroic Xavious kill i did only 29% percentile. I started looking closer at logs and found the best fury dps at my ill and compared everything. The big thing about his stat weigh is that he has an extra 3000 haste more, the rest of the secondary's are very similar, However, He hits like a truck on a lot of his base ability's where as mine are considerably lower. below are my logs and his for comparison. if someone finds my missing link other than that im a crap player please let me know as this is actually really bothering me. Please and thank you in advance if you choose to help me out.

My logs ww.warcraftlogs.com/reports/d7YgzjhnrCm8DNaq#fight=17&type=summary&source=13
    His logs ww.warcraftlogs.com/reports/AHqK3a7JMkdvZGyR#fight=4&type=damage-done&source=7

Thanks again

Roguekniight

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloQFDB View Post
    Man, is it normal to do 140K unbuffed as a Fury Warrior, at ilevel 830? Fells really low.

This is less about fixing DPS and more curiosity if I can't play the class at all or is Fury that bad, but here is the armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...roganov/simple

And the relevant fight:

I also simed my char, and got:
    Attack: Me 23% Sim 16%
    Raging Blow: Me 22% Sim 26%
    Rampage: Me 19% Sim 12%
    Bloodthirst: Me 15% Sim 11%
    Whirlwind: Me 10% Sim 7%
    Odyn: Me 5% Sim 5%
    Furious Slash Me 3.5% Sim 4%
    are you using pot in sim? becouse pot can do 10% of your damage in sim and will reduce the % on the other damage sources

Can someone please look at my logs and suggest any room for improvement for Fury? I feel like I'm doing just average, timing could be better. Here's my info:

Character: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Cecil/advanced
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HJzyDm7CVt6jwARv/# [Cecil toon]

Heroic EN run last night. Flasked, Runed, Salad Fooded, and pre-pots using the Potion of Prolonged power. Here's a snapshot of my numbers:
    Nythendra - 274k
    Twins - 333k (we use the cleave method)
    Ursoc - 280k
    Cenarius - 222k
    Xavius - 282k

I do have a 875 Haste / Mastery Dreadful Cyclopean Signet ring and a 855 Nightmare Eggshell trinket if I need to swap out. I use 2 macros for my opener and during the fight when permitted. Charge + DR for the first macro, and Avatar + BC + BT for the 2nd macro. Immediately followed up with RB + OF and then Execute if the Ring popped.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by roguekniight View Post
    Hi guys, Usually i am pretty good at research and finding out what i need to do to increase my performance/dps meters but this time i am completely stumped. My ill is 870 and even though i dont have the BIS gear on our heroic Xavious kill i did only 29% percentile. I started looking closer at logs and found the best fury dps at my ill and compared everything. The big thing about his stat weigh is that he has an extra 3000 haste more, the rest of the secondary's are very similar, However, He hits like a truck on a lot of his base ability's where as mine are considerably lower. below are my logs and his for comparison. if someone finds my missing link other than that im a crap player please let me know as this is actually really bothering me. Please and thank you in advance if you choose to help me out.

My logs ww.warcraftlogs.com/reports/d7YgzjhnrCm8DNaq#fight=17&type=summary&source=13
    His logs ww.warcraftlogs.com/reports/AHqK3a7JMkdvZGyR#fight=4&type=damage-done&source=7

Thanks again

Roguekniight
    This has been pointed out multiple times already, your Battle Cry window is not organized, stack all your cooldowns during BC, delay some until BC is ready, make a macro to pop them all at once, and damn please do not cast Odyns Furry without BC up, it hurts :'( .

Your Enrage uptime is extremely low (60%<) indicating you are not managing Enrage correctly - getting the buff through BT or Rampage should be on of your top priorities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorkin View Post
    Can someone please look at my logs and suggest any room for improvement for Fury? I feel like I'm doing just average, timing could be better. Here's my info:

Heroic EN run last night. Flasked, Runed, Salad Fooded, and pre-pots using the Potion of Prolonged power. Here's a snapshot of my numbers:
    Nythendra - 274k
    Ursoc - 280k
    Cenarius - 222k
    Xavius - 282k

I do have a 875 Haste / Mastery Dreadful Cyclopean Signet ring and a 855 Nightmare Eggshell trinket if I need to swap out. I use 2 macros for my opener and during the fight when permitted. Charge + DR for the first macro, and Avatar + BC + BT for the 2nd macro. Immediately followed up with RB + OF and then Execute if the Ring popped.

TIA
    I am not too good at log analysis but in general i would give the Reckless Abandon talent a try. Altough icy veins shouts it "not competitive" i am getting good results from it. It aligns well with battlecry and adds some extra pump to the burst. With that talent on a good single target boss fight i can go up to 280K w/o legendaries and 858 ilvl.

Nythendra - 274k
    Ursoc - 280k
    Cenarius - 222k
    Xavius - 282k

TIA
    You are loosing 1 GCD in BC due to spamming your BC macro immediately after DR, you need to wait for GCD to finish, so you can fit another ability in your BC. According to linked log you are not stacking Avatar and BC, which you should.

Not sure why would you use Whirlwind on Xavius like ever and you did it 13 times, even before burn phase.

Cast Rampage more often, your Enrage uptime is low.

Overall smooth out your gameplay and rotation more, PS - get Old War instead of Prologed Power, it sux.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastlin View Post
    You are loosing 1 GCD in BC due to spamming your BC macro immediately after DR, you need to wait for GCD to finish, so you can fit another ability in your BC. According to linked log you are not stacking Avatar and BC, which you should.

Not sure why would you use Whirlwind on Xavius like ever and you did it 13 times, even before burn phase.

Cast Rampage more often, your Enrage uptime is low.

Overall smooth out your gameplay and rotation more, PS - get Old War instead of Prologed Power, it sux.
    Thanks, I'll wait the GCD before popping the other macro. Avatar has a longer CD than BC, so post opener I tend to use DR + BC + BT + OF while Avatar has 30 seconds of CD still left. Should I wait till Avatar is up before popping BC's combo again? Seems like a lot of CD's I'm missing out on.

I used WW on Xavius for the add cleave. The big add that comes out, we tend to stack him ontop of Xavius so there's a chance for a bit of AoE damage.

I tend to use Rampage whenever it procs and it procs (from execute ring) a lot. Should I be paying more attention to my current Enrage buff uptime? IE, if I pop Rampage and Enrage is up, does it refresh it or not?

Prolonged Power pots are cheap for me to make. I guess I'll farm more before the raids for the Old War pots instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    I am not too good at log analysis but in general i would give the Reckless Abandon talent a try. Altough icy veins shouts it "not competitive" i am getting good results from it. It aligns well with battlecry and adds some extra pump to the burst. With that talent on a good single target boss fight i can go up to 280K w/o legendaries and 858 ilvl.
    Reckless Abandon is useless for my current setup. I'm swimming in Rage so rage is never short. Plus my Legendary ring allows me to execute and pop Rampage for free fairly often. DR's 20% extra damage is just too good to pass up.

Thanks, I'll wait the GCD before popping the other macro. Avatar has a longer CD than BC, so post opener I tend to use DR + BC + BT + OF while Avatar has 30 seconds of CD still left. Should I wait till Avatar is up before popping BC's combo again? Seems like a lot of CD's I'm missing out on.
    Avatar has 90sec CD, while 2x BC net you 100sec, so there is just 10 sec wait time on Avatar. It's just easier to macro it up under one button. You could micromanage it, but the benefit vs the effort would be passable at best. On the other hand you don't want to pass additional 20% (~34% in reality) you abilities gets during BC window if you pop those abilities at the same time.

I used WW on Xavius for the add cleave. The big add that comes out, we tend to stack him ontop of Xavius so there's a chance for a bit of AoE damage.
    On <4 adds use WW always as a filler in place of FS, using it too often is a waste as well.

I tend to use Rampage whenever it procs and it procs (from execute ring) a lot. Should I be paying more attention to my current Enrage buff uptime? IE, if I pop Rampage and Enrage is up, does it refresh it or not?
    Yes, it does refresh enrage duraiton.

Using Rampage every 10 sec, which is when the spell is available due to ~8-9 rage/s on average on our haste level would net you 50% Enrage uptime. You had 53% enrage uptime on Xavius. Considering you should get enraged from BT crit as well as from free Rampage from ring, I'm not quite sure why your uptime would be so low, most probably you spent portion of a fight running around with mechanics, which is ok, but nets you 0 dps . Maybe you were sitting at 100 rage often not spending it?

As a general rule to get more enrage uptime:
    * use BT on cooldown, even when already enraged
    * delay Rampage until not enraged, or in danger of being rage capped (95-100 rage)

Also getting Enraged during Execute is always a priority and with Massacre realistically it should almost never fall off during enrage. Personally I consume Massacre buff as soon as enrage expires, since with ring you are almost impossible to spend all the rage and free executes you are getting.

Yeah the legendary ring kinda threw off my normal rotation by a LOT. I'm basically now prioritizing Execute whenever it procs, which generally procs Rampage very often. I sometimes go on a streak of Executes + Rampages with RB fillers, and don't even have time to hit BT for a period of time.

I've heard you can get upwards of Enrage timers in the 60% range. I was sitting at 53% which isn't bad but if there's room for improvement.

In terms of 2 target cleaves, like Twin Dragons which we stack up and Xavius + large add, I was only using WW to proc Meat Cleaver so that my Rampages hit both targets. Are you saying that's a waste and I should just focus one single target during that time? For Twins, I was able to pull 333k overall since I was hitting both them them for a good chunk of the fight.