Page 96 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hi peeps.
    What am I doing wrong? =)
    Warrior's my alt character, but still Id be happy to push it and better understand my issues, please, take a quick look and assist :|

Warrior Билк

armory
    worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/gordunni/%D0%91%D0%B8%D0%BB%D0%BA

log
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/LZP37KGJfTqzFRAv/#view=analytical&type=damage-done

im in 30-60 warcraftlogs rating range ( my weapon was 923 not 936, looted relic off the last boss, but guess that won't change much ).

Can someone help with my DPS, I'm Nickehh the warrior and the other Warrior is literally smashing me on DPS and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I know I'm missing ring enchants I recently got the legendary trinket so switched some rings up.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mC3xh9K1tcRLPZJT

So, here's my Arvaarad:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...80%d0%b0%d0%b4

My dps is...lacking. More so in ToS than in NH for some reason.
    I rarely switch talents, that I do, but I was stupified this wednesday when we killed normal KJ, because our Retribution Paladin outdpsed me on KJ himself(expeting adds) by 60 millions worth of damage. Granted, he has a lot better gear than me(915 ilvl), but still.
    My ST dps is lacking for some reason and I have not the slightest clue.

Any help would be appreciated.

p.s. Got Shoulders and legs as backup leggos, if it matters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    So, here's my Arvaarad:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...80%d0%b0%d0%b4

My dps is...lacking. More so in ToS than in NH for some reason.
    I rarely switch talents, that I do, but I was stupified this wednesday when we killed normal KJ, because our Retribution Paladin outdpsed me on KJ himself(expeting adds) by 60 millions worth of damage. Granted, he has a lot better gear than me(915 ilvl), but still.
    My ST dps is lacking for some reason and I have not the slightest clue.

Any help would be appreciated.

p.s. Got Shoulders and legs as backup leggos, if it matters.
    Your mastery looks very low as I personally would be shooting for around 70% +

Without seeing logs it's hard to say what you lacked:

-Delay opening BC and Ravager until the reflections
    -Pre cast it before the reflections spawn and when they do BC and WB
    -When possible there's plenty of opportunity to charge for extra rage
    -Stay on the boss until the orb hits knocking you back so you can instantly charge back in
    -Save pot for heroism
    -Depending on your groups cleave you may want to consider taking SS as this buffs damage on adds and especially when there's only one add up to cleave the Executes.
    Last edited by mmoc5dadbeabe5; 2017-07-06 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPriest View Post
    Your mastery looks very low as I personally would be shooting for around 70% +

Without seeing logs it's hard to say what you lacked:

-Delay opening BC and Ravager until the reflections
    -Pre cast it before the reflections spawn and when they do BC and WB
    -When possible there's plenty of opportunity to charge for extra rage
    -Stay on the boss until the orb hits knocking you back so you can instantly charge back in
    -Save pot for heroism
    -Dpeening on your groups cleave you may want to consider taking SS as this buffs damage on adds and especially when there's only one add up to cleave the Executes.
    Thank you for responding.
    Yes, my mastery is very low. That I am aware of. This warrior was an alt till ToS and the sum of my Arms Warrior experience is 1 month worth of playing

Regarding the points you've mentioned:
    - Yes, I do delay BC and Ravager for reflections, but that's not what is bothering me. I was specific about damage done to boss, not adds.
    - No, I am not pre-casting.
    -Obviously I charge when spheres hit, or when I'm running back to boss after Apocalypse. Though tbh, Charge barely helps, as FoB build is extremely rage-consuming.
    - I am staying on boss till spheres hit.
    -Our strat involves Heroism on pull.
    -We have 2 1 and a half Retribution Paladin, an ungodly SPriest and an Unholy DK, so our AoE is fine.

I'm using Prolonged Strength potions instead of Old War ones, if it is worth mentioning.
    Btw, should we just...autoattack from time to time with no other actions?.
    I feel inclined to try and at least keep MS on cd or fish for Tactician procs with WW.

Deleted
    Hi I don't have logs at the moment but can anyone help me.

I am a 906 arms warrior and I struggle to get much more than 500k on the bosses in Tomb. We did a clear last night and I am just not happy with my dps.

I have watched video after video and I do not feel that I am doing anything fundamentally wrong.

Am tempted to try fury now due to how I am struggling to get arms numbers.

Link for profile here.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...vermoon/klõud

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiinoh View Post
    Hi I don't have logs at the moment but can anyone help me.

I am a 906 arms warrior and I struggle to get much more than 500k on the bosses in Tomb. We did a clear last night and I am just not happy with my dps.

I have watched video after video and I do not feel that I am doing anything fundamentally wrong.

Am tempted to try fury now due to how I am struggling to get arms numbers.

Link for profile here.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...vermoon/klõud
    Actually looming at my stats is it just that I don't have enough mastery? I've read its recommended to get nearer to 70%. Is the dps difference between 40% and 70% mastery that significant?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickeh View Post
    Can someone help with my DPS, I'm Nickehh the warrior and the other Warrior is literally smashing me on DPS and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I know I'm missing ring enchants I recently got the legendary trinket so switched some rings up.

Just bumping for someone to see

So I just got an alt to 904 ilvl and decided to go arms after all the quality of life changes to fix alts. I have kinda crap leggos but still sim around 785k DPS or so last time I simmed myself.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../hyjal/acerage

I just pigged ToS last night for the first three bosses and I was doing awful DPS on the single target ones. I sadly don't have any logs cause I forgot to log it. I did around 580k-610K I'm pretty sure on Goroth and our few attempts on Sisters. I did 1 million dps on Sass'zine but that's not hard to believe so I think I got aoe fights down.

My problem was that I seemed to get no Tactician procs. During execute phase I was doing well but it really felt like feast or famine during the main course of the fight. I was following the rotation of: CS > MS > WW > WW > (proc hopefully) rinse and repeat. Opener was: CS/Artifact ability > Battle Cry + Bladestorm.

I probably missed a few GCD's here and there but I don't really understand what else I could do better if I don't get any CS procs

Quote Originally Posted by Ace192 View Post
    So I just got an alt to 904 ilvl and decided to go arms after all the quality of life changes to fix alts. I have kinda crap leggos but still sim around 785k DPS or so last time I simmed myself.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../hyjal/acerage

I just pigged ToS last night for the first three bosses and I was doing awful DPS on the single target ones. I sadly don't have any logs cause I forgot to log it. I did around 580k-610K I'm pretty sure on Goroth and our few attempts on Sisters. I did 1 million dps on Sass'zine but that's not hard to believe so I think I got aoe fights down.

My problem was that I seemed to get no Tactician procs. During execute phase I was doing well but it really felt like feast or famine during the main course of the fight. I was following the rotation of: CS > MS > WW > WW > (proc hopefully) rinse and repeat. Opener was: CS/Artifact ability > Battle Cry + Bladestorm.

I probably missed a few GCD's here and there but I don't really understand what else I could do better if I don't get any CS procs
    Since you don't have T20 4p you should not use Bladestorm in the opener, use CS-BC+MS
    Last edited by Vastoorode; 2017-07-10 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vastoorode View Post
    Since you don't have T20 4p you should not use Bladestorm in the opener, use CS-BS+MS
    Gotcha, seems like BS is not a DPS gain without the set bonus. Also I don't think I understood your comment. You say not to use BS in the opener but right after that you say to do CS > BS > MS which to me reads as: Colossus Smash into Bladestorm + Mortal Strike.

Gotcha, seems like BS is not a DPS gain without the set bonus. Also I don't think I understood your comment. You say not to use BS in the opener but right after that you say to do CS > BS > MS which to me reads as: Colossus Smash into Bladestorm + Mortal Strike.
    Oh my bad meant BC not BS

Quote Originally Posted by Vastoorode View Post
    Oh my bad meant BC not BS
    That's what I thought you meant but had to make sure .

Also anyone know if its worth dropping Trauma/FoB without good tier and leggos and just go for the Rend/Titanic Might build? I seem to sim 35k more dps with the latter but it seems a tad bit trickier to play. I do however seem to get a bit more Tactician procs and I don't just sit there starved for CS procs.

Deleted
    That's what I thought you meant but had to make sure .

Also anyone know if its worth dropping Trauma/FoB without good tier and leggos and just go for the Rend/Titanic Might build? I seem to sim 35k more dps with the latter but it seems a tad bit trickier to play. I do however seem to get a bit more Tactician procs and I don't just sit there starved for CS procs.
    Go Rend / TM. You will notice a lot of consistency in that build with heaps more rage

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

I didn't check all fights but I did quickly see a few. It's pretty obvious honestly. He has T20 4pc while you still only have T19. You're using Spectral despite it being fairly week on many fights due to movement. Find a replacement as soon as possible for fights where the boss isn't going to consistently be in the same spot. He's got helm for Fury while you you're using the execute ring which is pretty bad. That alone makes a difference which is why on single target the difference isn't that huge. It's just a matter of being more optimal. It's possible that you're rotation isn't quite as on point but the major differences were pretty obvious that it wasn't even worth considering looking at.

He was arms at times so I'm ignoring that, but for fights like Harjatan he simple delayed his first CDs until adds came out. You're opener was higher, but his slight delay lead to a lot more damage outgoing in that time frame. Same went for mistress. It's all about timing your CDs appropriately to get the most of your damage without delaying them too much to be considered a loss. Accounts for a lot of the damage on these add fights. Also worth mentioning that he seemed to be better about having a better uptime for War Machine. It's a huge buff and you want to make sure to be trying to kill every add that you can to keep as high uptime as possible. For a fight like Maiden even, you would simply just make sure you get as many orb buffs as you can for the damage and also make sure you have CDs ready for that burst window of extra damage.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-07-12 at 02:42 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    Hi guys, I need some help with my DPS. I'm ilvl 903 and I'm struggling to keep up with the rest of the DPS in the raid. I can't post links because I haven't posted before, if you search warcraft logs, my guild is called Affliction (EU Neptulon) and my character is called Gunjak. I've been in the last three raids, had some good fights for my ilvl but usually disappointing. Can anyone point out what I am doing wrong? I'd appreciate your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    I didn't check all fights but I did quickly see a few. It's pretty obvious honestly. He has T20 4pc while you still only have T19. You're using Spectral despite it being fairly week on many fights due to movement. Find a replacement as soon as possible for fights where the boss isn't going to consistently be in the same spot. He's got helm for Fury while you you're using the execute ring which is pretty bad. That alone makes a difference which is why on single target the difference isn't that huge. It's just a matter of being more optimal. It's possible that you're rotation isn't quite as on point but the major differences were pretty obvious that it wasn't even worth considering looking at.

He was arms at times so I'm ignoring that, but for fights like Harjatan he simple delayed his first CDs until adds came out. You're opener was higher, but his slight delay lead to a lot more damage outgoing in that time frame. Same went for mistress. It's all about timing your CDs appropriately to get the most of your damage without delaying them too much to be considered a loss. Accounts for a lot of the damage on these add fights. Also worth mentioning that he seemed to be better about having a better uptime for War Machine. It's a huge buff and you want to make sure to be trying to kill every add that you can to keep as high uptime as possible. For a fight like Maiden even, you would simply just make sure you get as many orb buffs as you can for the damage and also make sure you have CDs ready for that burst window of extra damage.
    Yo thanks for this write up, I really apreciate it! I thought it may have been a few things like the helm and the T20 sets! I'll work on timing my CDs perfectly and getting a different trinket!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yo thanks for this write up, I really apreciate it! I thought it may have been a few things like the helm and the T20 sets! I'll work on timing my CDs perfectly and getting a different trinket!
    Yea but keep in mind I'm not saying there aren't some potential rotation issues that could very well be on both ends of you guys. Neither if you are parsing incredibly high. And while his overall parses aren't that bad, his parses compared to people around the same ilvl are lower. Same goes for you. I just think those are some major issues that need to be addressed and will probably bring you the biggest changes.

Having some extra time to look this time, judging by your Goroth kill I could easily tell you there are some improvements to be made. I'd suggest rereading the Fury guide and practicing those rotations, but your opener is off as it is which also follows through the rest of your CD rotations. You're using Odyn's Fury immediately after BC which is wasteful considering you're capped on rage, probably not enraged, delaying RB, and wasting the potential rage gain from OF itself. Look over the guide and reread the section about cooldown rotations.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

alright, so i figured out what is probably my main issue as fury. enrage uptime. i rarely seem to keep it over 50%. I have no idea how to fix this. my rotation is generally bt, rb, fs, i replace bt with rampage when i have the rage for it. i have been reading that i should cast of/dos after bc but that means holding off on casting them instead of just casting them when i am enraged. im at a loss how some warriors keep their enrage up for 70-80% of the fight. I sim 900 or so dps, but i am usually in the 600-700 range by the end of the fight.
    i will switch to arms when i sim better than the 561k that i sim no with any combination of gear i have tried.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=10

some of the other boss fights in that raid, i was as low as 450k. I want to do much better than this. I SHOULD be doing much better than this.

arms armory:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...w/zvifflemeyer

fury:

the legendaries i have are : ayala's stone heart, sephuz secret, mannoroths bloodletting manacles, aggramar's stride, naj'entus's vertebrae, kazzalax fujieda's fury, valarjar bezerkers

any advice would be appreciated.
    Last edited by zviff; 2017-07-14 at 01:18 AM.

Deleted
    So i was playing mage my entire life, now i have changed to Warrior, arms it is. Well i think i understand the rotation, but im really struggling on single target tho im 911ilvl now (500-600k dps on the end of fight), this is kind of horrible, i get out of rage lots of times. I know my legends are crap but stilll, i should be able to get at least 900k dps.

those are logs, tell me please what talents should i go for ST cos im really confused now. I got no 4set and bad leggos.
    edit, cant paste logs...

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zviff View Post
    alright, so i figured out what is probably my main issue as fury. enrage uptime. i rarely seem to keep it over 50%. I have no idea how to fix this. my rotation is generally bt, rb, fs, i replace bt with rampage when i have the rage for it. i have been reading that i should cast of/dos after bc but that means holding off on casting them instead of just casting them when i am enraged. im at a loss how some warriors keep their enrage up for 70-80% of the fight. I sim 900 or so dps, but i am usually in the 600-700 range by the end of the fight.
    i will switch to arms when i sim better than the 561k that i sim no with any combination of gear i have tried.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=10

some of the other boss fights in that raid, i was as low as 450k. I want to do much better than this. I SHOULD be doing much better than this.

arms armory:

fury:

the legendaries i have are : ayala's stone heart, sephuz secret, mannoroths bloodletting manacles, aggramar's stride, naj'entus's vertebrae, kazzalax fujieda's fury, valarjar bezerkers

any advice would be appreciated.
    For starters I would ditch DoS as soon as possible. It's not the greatest trinket even with T19 4pc and it's even worse without it as you're sitting on T20 4pc now. It's also instantly devalued the moment you introduce adds to the fight.

Looking at your best Goroth kill, for example:

You opened with BC/Ramp > DoS > BT which is fine in order to enrage yourself again after DoS since it's going to fall off in the middle of it (which is why you should drop the trinket immediately), but you decided to save Blood Fury and Avatar until after both BC AND DoS fell off, which is a 20% loss of damage to your opener just to waste the CD on a lower damage area. You also only used it twice in the whole fight which means wasted opportunity and you also only did ~5mil per cast with it the two times you did use it.

Immediately after you also delayed RB for an Odyn's Fury that is also outside of BC which is a damage loss especially on single target.

On your second BC window, you popped BT right after BC and then Ramp which is a waste of rage and GCD since the Ramp is going to do more damage, burn the 100 rage you just acquired, AND enrage you. You also didn't hit anything after this 2 abilities so that's millions of damage missed from downtime and incorrect usage ability.

There's also other times where downtime is just pretty high. Wait until a few seconds are left before Infernal Burning to leap behind a spike and then charge back in immediately after. The boss also has a big hitbox so more often than not you can probably still hit the boss while being away from tanks and melee during Crashing Comet as well.

Also, grab a convergence as soon as possible. Even if it's the LFR version for now. Quicker BC CDs means more BC windows.

Reread the Fury quide and practice the rotations. You're cooldown windows are wrong and that's beating the shit out of your damage output. DoS is also hurting you especially since it isn't being used properly. Even a stat stick would probably be better for you at this point. Gamble some nethershards to get something or replace it with a convergence. The downtime is also hurting you pretty bad. You're a warrior with a ton of mobility. Take advantage of it. Lastly, stop delaying RB and BT as much as possible and stop wasting rage. You're sitting at 100 rage hitting other ability rather than burning on Rampage to guarantee an enrage. The only ability worth using at 100 rage before you Rampage is Raging Blow and that's only if you're enraged already. Also try not to be maxed out on rage when hitting Battle Cry. Burn it on ramp even if not at 100 rage if your next GCD is gonna be within BC.

EDIT: For legendaries try to get T20 for other slots ASAP so you can put on the lego pants. Helps with enrage uptime.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-07-14 at 01:29 PM.