Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

New mount achievement. Would you like it?

One thing I love about this game is mount collecting. I'm a casual player so I tend to go back in older raids to get achievement mounts, or spend time getting money from my alts professions to buy mounts.

I got my 100th mount months ago and still eager to collect others. However if I had another achievement it'd make it so much more enjoyable. Put it this way, raiders get special mount, pvp'ers get special mount from arena, and that leaves us casuals. How about another mount achievement for us to work for? Some of us don't want to raid, some of us can't reach that level in arena of skill.

They have yet to release that beryl fire hawk mount right? Would be a perfect reward for collecting more mounts. I haven't counted the total ATM so can't say what it should be.

Also a suggestion? Whilst raiders and pvp'ers work for specific mounts, how about giving players who dont do these a mount to work for? Sort of like a legendary quest chain except no need to go into raids. I dont know,just a quick thought. I suppose we already have this thing already like the drake mount craft able in alchemy.

Deleted
    They do have mounts like this, kinda, the firelands daily quests for example, and there are many rep ones that are included which casuals can farm. They probably will add more of these in the future, but we do already have these kinda mounts that dont require raid/pvp participation.

Deleted
    I'd like to know if they plan to do it in 4.3, there was a lot of mounts datamined for this patch, I'm guessing 1 will be a store mount and we know 1 is from the recent TCG, and ofc theres the DMF Bear (and possibly others from DMF) and the new raid mounts. I need the tournament mounts to reach 150 but don't have the willpower to do those dailies, some advanced warning that they are adding a 150 mount achieve would be appreciated.

I also think those spectral mounts that were datamined will most likely be the reward if they are planning to add this in 4.3.

I hope to [Deity] that Blizzard releases a 125 mount achievement and not a 150. Because getting anywhere close to 150 is impossible. And all those people that are, are just plain lucky or gold buyers... >_<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    I hope to [Deity] that Blizzard releases a 125 mount achievement and not a 150. Because getting anywhere close to 150 is impossible. And all those people that are, are just plain lucky or gold buyers... >_<
    No, neither of the above.
    It's just a lot of time - I'm at 148 and can still farm (= tournament dailys + halaa) 6 mounts.
    And I'm running ZG 1-5 times a day, Karazhan, Kael'thas, Ony, Malygos every week.
    Achievments aren't something which should be easy to get...
    And with 4.3 there will be at least a few more to get - worgen mounts for alliance, DMF mounts etc.

PS: I don't buy gold. It's easy to make gold and the chicken were 200k and the spectral kitty was from a card which I got myself.
    Last edited by mmoc2d47959902; 2011-10-14 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kria View Post
    I haven't counted the total ATM so can't say what it should be.
    150 is doable, but takes a lot of work and luck.

---------- Post added 2011-10-14 at 11:00 AM ----------

I have 142, none of which are TCG mounts, so maybe I'm a bit lucky, but certainly not a gold buyer.

I have all the non-expensive (Tundra/Bike/Ice/Vial) mounts you can get, most of the Tournament/Pvp mounts, and a handful of RNG mounts (Kodo, Ram, Chocobo, Polar, Fossil, Red Qiraji.) So all that's left for me to possibly get are new mounts (~4 in 4.3), and the rest of the ones I'm missing. And even then I'd just make it to 125.

The only way to get to 150 would be to get EVERY RNG mount, spending over 100k gold on expensive mounts, and a couple of TCG mounts that cost HUNDREDS of $... -.-

Quote Originally Posted by ot4ku-mh View Post
    And with 4.3 there will be at least a few more to get - worgen mounts for alliance, DMF mounts etc
    Yup, I anticipate being able to hit 150 easily when 4.3 hits.

---------- Post added 2011-10-14 at 11:09 AM ----------

I have all the non-expensive (Tundra/Bike/Ice/Vial) mounts you can get, most of the Tournament/Pvp mounts, and a handful of RNG mounts (Kodo, Ram, Chocobo, Polar, Fossil, Red Qiraji.) So all that's left for me to possibly get are new mounts (~4 in 4.3), and the rest of the ones I'm missing. And even then I'd just make it to 125.

The only way to get to 150 would be to get EVERY RNG mount, spending over 100k gold on expensive mounts, and a couple of TCG mounts that cost HUNDREDS of $... -.-
    Actually, you are missing quite a few easy ones (I checked your armory.) For example, you don't have the black pvp mounts, easily farmed with honor. You are missing armored snowy griffon, costs 2k. You are missing both silver covenant mounts, those are rep mounts. You are missing the ramkahen camel, easy rep grind. You are missing spectral steed, an easy grind in TB. Twilight and black Drakes are ones you are missing, those are easy to get nowadays. You are missing the flameward hippo, an easy grind in Molten Front. It also shows you missing mek's chopper and sandstone drake... you can grind gold to get those. Rusted and Ironbound can be done on a weekend with a little effort organizing a trade pug, same goes for icebound and bloodbathed. So, basically, you are missing quite a few that just take a little effort. Also, go grind the rivendare mount. You can get that in a couple days, max.
    Last edited by Bitlovin; 2011-10-14 at 03:15 PM.

Deleted

You could get 26 mounts with only pvp, gold, old raid achievments and dailys.
    = 133.
    Now at least 3 more with the next patch so you will have 136. That's 14 mounts to go. Camping rare spawns, farming zg, anzu, kara, utgarde, getting za timed, build a os253d group with 10 people to go there every week until everyone has it.
    It's not that difficult just a time / gold investment.

Achievements are always welcome.

I plan on getting all of those except the Sandstone (I have no where near enough gold for that...>_<), but even then it'd only put me at 130.

I used to farm Rivendare on and off for months, never got it and lost hope. It has the lowest mount drop rate, at about .1% I believe...
    Last edited by Seref; 2011-10-14 at 03:17 PM.

Deleted
    I plan on getting all of those except the Sandstone (I have no where near enough gold for that...>_<), but even then it'd only put me at 130.

I used to farm Rivendare on and off for months, never got it and lost hope. It has the lowest mount drop rate, at about .1% I believe...
    Wrong, it's ~1%. 0.1% was classic if i remember correctly.
    And you can't expect every achievment to be easy from the moment they implement it.
    Not everyone should instantly get it without effort, otherwise it wouldn't be an achievment.
    It's something to work towards, not something you can take out of your post box if you log in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ot4ku-mh View Post
    And you can't expect every achievment to be easy from the moment they implement it.
    Not everyone should instantly get it without effort, otherwise it wouldn't be an achievment.
    It's something to work towards, not something you can take out of your post box if you log in the game.
    That is true... I remember quiting WoW when I got Blue Dragonhawk, because I had nothing left to work towards. >_<

125 mounts - bigger badass trike (think this)
    would make up for the "lol worgen horses /trollface.jpg"

150 mounts - bigger badass 2vendor/spareseat rocket (carrying updated reagents/food/water ofc)
    replacing the outdated vendormammoth and allowing to carry 2 extra ppl
    Last edited by reverendball; 2011-10-14 at 03:40 PM.

I really want a Blimp and Sailboat mount, though the Blimp should be from Engineering :P

The 125/150 mount achievements should be something so cool/amazing, that it'd make up for how plain the Dragonhawk is >_<
    Something to the tune of: Brood of Deathwing

Is it just me or doesn't the spectral gryphon/windrider kinda point to a new achievement mount?

The Dragonhawks were different for Alliance/horde So it seems very plausable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    Is it just me or doesn't the spectral gryphon/windrider kinda point to a new achievement mount?

The Dragonhawks were different for Alliance/horde So it seems very plausable.
    No datamined info regarding mount achievements yet, so I doubt it. But it'd be pretty cool if they added them retroactively to the 25mount achievements, which would make sense seeing as how UGLY they are xD

Deleted
    Rather no achievment then the spectral windrider...
    They could at least put a little bit effort into making one for these.

(...and my faithful steeds!) 75 Mount: Black War Gryphon (Alliance, see mount that Dark Rider uses in Argent Tourney), / Black War Wyvern (With improved texture, hopefully)

(And now, for my biggest mount...) 125 Mount: Enormous Travel Elephant: Model that's used for the 5-man elephant uldum mount that's viewable in modelviewer.
    5 Seater with:
    Repair Man
    Water/Food Vendor (The old ones from Wrath, new /say dialogue)
    Trade Goods + General Goods.
    4th is a random NPC that sells flavor greys. This will be NPCs somewhat related to mounts. (Mei Francis, Goblin that sells parts in K3, Yasmine? in Uldum, The PvP mount vendors and Race mount vendors, Argent Tournament vendors, and Baron Kaenzu Skadhide.

(Now to show the Professor!) (150)
    Infinite Drake: A mature drake from the infinite flight. Similar in model to the current infinite drakes, however it's wings are scarred (similar to Invinicible.), it has the white lines that usual mature drakes do, but it also sparks lightning from these lines, and its mouth, occasionally. Also, it's tail is like Tarecgosa's Visage instead of, say, Azure Drake (no frills on the tail)

This isn't given to you right away, you need to meet with Nozdormu, who commends you on wasting so much bloody time collecting 150 mounts. He then ports you to the bronze dragonshine where you see a brief 2 min story they write up on the spot about your new mount.

edit: btw, I'm at 146 mounts. I'm getting ICC25, Firelands meta, A'lar and Attumen soon... (hopefully) :P
    Last edited by Kyza; 2011-10-16 at 03:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they put in another mount achievement I'd be happy.

For mount whores it gives another challenge in an otherwise boring expansion.