Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Laseen View Post
    His amount of PoH + CoH seems low to me.
    This. The disc priest did 3x the effective aoe healing done then the Holy priest. Disc 300+ PoH lands, ~1.8million healing done. Holy 62 PoH lands, 0.5million healing done. Even if you add the Holys CoH effective heals/lands to the mix... still only total combined CoH/PoH ~0.75million healing done, 91 lands.
    Last edited by openair; 2011-10-14 at 08:07 PM.

Deleted
    @ Aspp

You are over estimating how well holy priests perform on this fight and whats worse is you are comparing him to two other healer classes that out perform holy on this fight most of the time so of course he is going to be lower on the healing meters, Even if he used more PoH CoH chances are he would still be last on the list.

Tbh his healing is pretty even with the druids and if you look at the graph only he is always in between both other healers but rarely spikes and that's down to his lack of aoe heals, so get him to use more of his tool box but don't expect him to be miles ahead in healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aamu View Post
    also as said before in the topic, this holy priest needs to learn what spells to use.

I attend to talk to my fellow healers if stuff are going wrong, and were always trying to find a solution how to do better. together.
    Healing team has to work, as a team : ) If it doesnt. Well. Whole raid suffers.
    I think these two points are the main thing. We are still working on the "team" thing.

Thanks for the help guys and gals. Ill chat with him tonight and see if we cant get some improvement. Oh and Im also going to rip the druid a new one, Tree form + Wrath durring Hero??? WTF??? No wonder she was slacking....
    I dont know how to do the fancy html shit, so just look up Aspp, Aspper, Maal, or Prix on Winterhoof.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspp View Post
    Thanks for the help guys and gals. Ill chat with him tonight and see if we cant get some improvement. Oh and Im also going to rip the druid a new one, Tree form + Wrath durring Hero??? WTF??? No wonder she was slacking....
    Don't forget to slap yourself on the back of the head for not healing the tank and letting him die, Mr Triage spec.
    There's plenty of fault in all three of you. Don't over play the "i know better" card. :/

Deleted
    Oh and Im also going to rip the druid a new one, Tree form + Wrath durring Hero??? WTF??? No wonder she was slacking....
    Tbh I do the same thing at the start of the fight maybe not for the entire of length hero 3 or 4 stacks of Adrenaline ish as after that healing gets more intense.

I noticed your only staying in till 9 stacks is that down to lack of healing or coordination? because if cooldowns are used correctly you can easily push to 12 or 13 stacks ( on the day of the nerf my guild went to 19 with no deaths but it was due to the raid leader brain farting )

Get the druid to pop tranq at 7 stacks and disc barrier at 10 it should last till after the 12th swipe at which point you either run out then or on the 13th.
    Last edited by mmocb7bc0f26da; 2011-10-14 at 08:35 PM.

We were having coordniation issues, so we were trying to stick to 9 to play it safe.

@Themos- I know. Already been there and done that. Will slap myself again next time I run out of range of the tank trying to get out of crap on the ground.

We have a long way to go as a group, and need some serious tuning. It will happen, there are some other issues to work out also. Its not just heals, but we had our share of failures.

@Coolnitro- No I dont expect him to top meters, but I dont want him to be that far behind the rest of us eather. I would just like him to play at his best, and if this is it, well then we need to figure something else out. I was Holy for a short stint, so I have an idea, but I am not an expert at it. Thats why Im asking on here for help.
    I dont know how to do the fancy html shit, so just look up Aspp, Aspper, Maal, or Prix on Winterhoof.

We were having coordniation issues, so we were trying to stick to 9 to play it safe.

@Themos- I know. Already been there and done that. Will slap myself again next time I run out of range of the tank trying to get out of crap on the ground.

We have a long way to go as a group, and need some serious tuning. It will happen, there are some other issues to work out also. Its not just heals, but we had our share of failures.
    Good answer :>
    Remember to keep things constructive and be willing to try different tactics at least once to see how it works.
    There's no magic answer. Sometimes tactic A works better than B for your specific raid group. Work with what you have, not what things should be.

Best of luck!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolNitro View Post
    Tbh I do the same thing at the start of the fight maybe not for the entire of length hero 3 or 4 stacks of Adrenaline ish as after that healing gets more intense.

I noticed your only staying in till 9 stacks is that down to lack of healing or coordination? because if cooldowns are used correctly you can easily push to 12 or 13 stacks ( on the day of the nerf my guild went to 19 with no deaths but it was due to the raid leader brain farting )

Get the druid to pop tranq at 7 stacks and disc barrier at 10 it should last till after the 12th swipe at which point you either run out then or on the 13th.
    The problem with taking more stacks with a new 10 man groups is not the healing, it's that people are not coordinated enough when they run out and the tank eats a scythe alone. For new ten man groups (like we do with our lol geared alts) we take 7 or 8 stacks of first scorpion, 6 on the next and then 5 on the third, which is easily healed with a minimum of coordination and requires no real CD coordination either, just a vague "use them on second scorpion phase if needed".

It seems the group mentioned does lack coordination and that reaction times may not be all that, which means a large number of scythes initially is probably going to be rather RNG like to them due to quite possible tank gibbing.

You are over estimating how well holy priests perform on this fight and whats worse is you are comparing him to two other healer classes that out perform holy on this fight most of the time so of course he is going to be lower on the healing meters, Even if he used more PoH CoH chances are he would still be last on the list.
    Not necessarily, if they are lacking healing. If the druid and disc put enough effort in it, the Holy would probably just sit with a lot of overheal (if healing correctly) but with their current problem, if he learnt how to play, he could easily do at least as well in that setting. It also depends on setup, as pre HCs I tended to two man heal it with a paladin, and as Holy I'd blow him out of the water on numbers, but then I'd do the same as Disc; ergo, setup matters when it comes to what numbers you can produce. I'd also not say Holy is necessarily "bad" for this encounter, just that Disc brings Barrier and that's that.

Don't forget to slap yourself on the back of the head for not healing the tank and letting him die, Mr Triage spec.
    There's plenty of fault in all three of you. Don't over play the "i know better" card. :/
    This is also true. It doesn't matter how bad/good the HPS meter is looking if the tank is dying. And as a Disc, this is where you should look sheepish. Slap the Holy around all you want for failing to AoE heal, but a Disco in that setup should never, ever let the tank drop.
    Last edited by mmoc62da172ee0; 2011-10-14 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Grammar

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering why the disc isn't smiting for those juicy atonement heals on your tank since he's dying which is causing the 3 wipes in your WoL link.
    Great tips on this thread for how the holy priest can improve; but he isn't the only problem.
    Nvm, tank dying because spirits are alive. Yell at your DPS. I would still think 3 healers could heal that?

Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    Good answer :>
    Remember to keep things constructive and be willing to try different tactics at least once to see how it works.
    There's no magic answer. Sometimes tactic A works better than B for your specific raid group. Work with what you have, not what things should be.

Best of luck!
    I just wanted to reiterate this real quick. There is nothing quite so frustrating when trying to learn a new boss an tweak tactics into something that works for the group you have if someone is saying "but it's supposed to be done this way!". Be flexible