Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Awesome is that on a private server for now?

For whoever it was asking, as long as curse agree (don't see why not) it will be hosted there, however due to sheer size a lot of construction and world edit commands (for example instances) will be distributed over various servers.

---------- Post added 2011-10-15 at 02:17 PM ----------

Picture update: Eye of Eternity

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking good Warty!

Question to Alram: any clue how big it's going to be, in terms of scale? And then I'm thinking about the houses with 2 floors, or the houses that have complex little stuff in it, that require a lot of space. For example, in the Trade District, the Inn, the Auction House, and the Bank...
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Looking good Warty!

Question to Alram: any clue how big it's going to be, in terms of scale? And then I'm thinking about the houses with 2 floors, or the houses that have complex little stuff in it, that require a lot of space. For example, in the Trade District, the Inn, the Auction House, and the Bank...
    Yeah, that's going to be hard to figure out properly.

Currently (full azeroth render including Northrend, Lost Isles and Outland) it looks like this (only part of SW shown). I'm worried it might be too small.

And here's SW harbor.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2011-10-15 at 02:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the biggest deal here is, if we are going to have to work diagonally, which WILL be the case with several cities, we will need way more space. If the walls were perfectly aligned on the X and Z axis, this would definitely be enough. But now, I think we might need some extra space indeed... Harbor looks big enough, but that one is perfectly aligned... Maybe just scale everything up a bit, and pretend we're all gnomes and goblins, too much space will rarely become an issue, creating the world itself would take a ton of time as I imagine, is the program you are making/using easy to adapt to, say, make it a bit bigger? I asume most work at the moment is in getting the world map to be imported correctly and being turned in to a certain block, but I of course have no idea what you are actually doing to get these maps:P

Good work overall tbh, love the maps, requires little imagination to actually see the buildings of Stormwind in those pictures.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    I think the biggest deal here is, if we are going to have to work diagonally, which WILL be the case with several cities, we will need way more space. If the walls were perfectly aligned on the X and Z axis, this would definitely be enough. But now, I think we might need some extra space indeed... Harbor looks big enough, but that one is perfectly aligned... Maybe just scale everything up a bit, and pretend we're all gnomes and goblins, too much space will rarely become an issue, creating the world itself would take a ton of time as I imagine, is the program you are making/using easy to adapt to, say, make it a bit bigger? I asume most work at the moment is in getting the world map to be imported correctly and being turned in to a certain block, but I of course have no idea what you are actually doing to get these maps:P

Good work overall tbh, love the maps, requires little imagination to actually see the buildings of Stormwind in those pictures.
    Basically we feed a custom plugin we made overnight a 160MB lossless PNG compiled minimap image. It then checks colors with block colors and renders it accordingly (this takes a while :3). To make it slightly bigger we would have to scale up the PNG or adapt the plugin. Will have to research more.

Yeah slightly over scaled would certainly be better than too small, in cities etc we may have to concede that fascias are correct but internally 2-3 buildings become just the one, whatever works out looking best per section I guess. Think we need a separate thread for that stuff tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wartywarlock View Post
    Yeah slightly over scaled would certainly be better than too small, in cities etc we may have to concede that fascias are correct but internally 2-3 buildings become just the one, whatever works out looking best per section I guess. Think we need a separate thread for that stuff tho
    Good point. I will be starting to get this thread on topic again, by finishing the list of instances.

Surely fitting instances in main map, possibly showing naturally on the outside:
    Blackfathom Deeps, Deadmines, Dire Maul, Gnomeregan, Maraudon, Ragefire Chasm, Razorfen Downs and Kraul, Scholomance, Shadowfang Keep, Stockade, Present Stratholme, Onyxia's Lair, Uldaman, Wailing Caverns, Zul'Farrak, Zul'Aman, Zul'Gurub, Ahn'Qiraj Ruins and Temple,
    Auchindoun and (lowered) instances, Caverns of Time, but not the instances, Coilfang Reservoir 5-mans, Hellfire Ramparts, Magtheridon's Lair, Blood Furnace, Black Temple, Gruul's Lair,
    Gundrak, Ahn'Kahet (old kingdom), ToC raid+dungeon in one (including spider bit), Nexus, Oculus, Halls of Lightning, Utgarde Keep, Vault of Archavon, Ruby and Obsidian Sanctum,
    Halls of Origination, Lost City of the Tol'Vir, Baradin Hold, Grim Batol.

Blackrock mountain instances: so much instances linked to eachother, so little room. Gonna have to instance a few of them, probably instance all 3 of Spire, Lair, and Descent, and we might be able to keep Depths in the normal one, Caverns is gonna be questionable. Molten Core is preferably done inside the nether, even tho it is very possible to put it inside the actual world.

Instances that should probably just be instanced, that don't fit well inside the world, or are not actually there in the game anyways:
    Scarlet Monastery (outside areas and size), all the Caverns of Time instances, this includes the 4.3 instances and raid (3 out of 4 are different snapshots of Dragonblight, copypaste it IMO), Shattered Halls (Hellfire, size), Drak'Tharon Keep (outside areas), Violet Hold (size), Pit of Saron, Halls of Reflection, and Forge of Souls (size of the citadel), Throne of the Four Winds, Firelands, Bastion of Twilight, Eye of Eternity, Vortex Pinnacle (all not really there), Stonecore (size), Ulduar, Halls of Stone (outside bits and size).

Instances that need increasing size or deforming certain area's, that need more depth or height, and those that I do not know:
    Does it fit?: ICC, Naxx, Tempest Keep raid+dungeons, Karazhan.
    Needs depth: Azjol Nerub, Serpentshrine Cavern raid, Sunken Temple, Throne of the Tides.
    I have no clue how the outside of these instances look beyond the portal: Sunwell and Magister's Terrace.

That should be all.
    Last edited by Szemere; 2011-10-15 at 05:54 PM.

Check op for a link to a google docs spreadsheet so we can work without spamming

IMO it should be DOUBLE SIZED!!

but that's just me and my insanity talking.

Thouuugh it'd also mean we could actually have say Stormwind City actually be fully explorable, complete houses and whatnot. What I'm wondering is how we're going to do vertical scaling... just a bunch of people exploring?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggetmagic View Post
    What a cheap imitation, the real one would have a summoning stone! Ofc, he probably left it out as you'll never be able to use it anyways...

Also, the portal to the nether should bring you directly to the Firelands.
    Firelands has open air, Nether does not We'll just have to plonk a load of netherack in the normal world, but if we are able to find a nice plugin that can teleport us to more than just the nether, great! =D

I'm redoing the currently rendered map, seeing it's outdated. Working with 4.3 as a base now;
    Current progress.
    Actual size
    Zoomed pixel (and block) size

How enlarged do you guys think this should be? (see last pic)

Also, what do you want added to the main map? Should Deepholm be on a seperate map?

Deleted
    is this project including Outland and Northrend aswell?

Awesome work Marlamin, I think deepholm should fit fairly comfortably in the sea, as long as it's away from any known places like the golblin islands, it should be fine. Otherwise theres just lots of boring sea, it will liven the expanse up a bit. As for size, about the size, maybe a tad bigger than the previous screenshot of sw in MC? slight over size will help us make details better.

Outside view of EoE

Last edited by wartywarlock; 2011-10-15 at 10:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine Stormwind has got to be hell to do. It really feels like a cramped city.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned GM Island!

Took quite a while to find land on a rendered image of azeroth last night. First we found was the maelstrom lol.

---------- Post added 2011-10-15 at 11:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Geronis View Post
    Is this WoW recreation server and the cursecraft server going to be the same just with portals connecting? or they seperate entitys all together? if they are different my MC name is Veb1223 if they are one in the same ignore this post.
    one and the same

Quote Originally Posted by Wozarib View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned GM Island!

Took quite a while to find land on a rendered image of azeroth last night. First we found was the maelstrom lol.
    I actually took out GM Island because I thought nobody would care about it!

Oh well!

Gotta have GM island. Heck, if we ever finish, we can dive in like 1.2/3/4ish files and grab designer island etc, emerald dream, that strip of land that says 'spooge is my love monkey' and other delights!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I actually took out GM Island because I thought nobody would care about it!

Oh well!

yay!! <3 <3

Gotta have GM island. Heck, if we ever finish, we can dive in like 1.2/3/4ish files and grab designer island etc, emerald dream, that strip of land that says 'spooge is my love monkey' and other delights!
    Dive in? :3

http://marlamin.com/gmaps/?m=2

Already have them ready.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2012-01-15 at 11:56 AM. Reason: fixed url