Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, zones like deepholm, and entire continents as a whole (hi storm peaks) will probably require some kind of mod to increase hight... drastically. otherwise the width/height ratio might become seriously screwed... But yeah, that's the kind of trouble we'll have to go through when we want to create something as epic as this... And it will be worth it =D
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Yeah, zones like deepholm, and entire continents as a whole (hi storm peaks) will probably require some kind of mod to increase hight... drastically. otherwise the width/height ratio might become seriously screwed... But yeah, that's the kind of trouble we'll have to go through when we want to create something as epic as this... And it will be worth it =D
    We will probably instance things like Deepholm. Hyjal might be possible to pull off if we just drastically lower the "rise" it has.

---------- Post added 2011-12-07 at 12:17 AM ----------

Good news everyone! We made super super progress today and got a first working version of a 3D+color map. There is much work to be done on terrain, but this is a great start. Many thanks to Dinnerbone and Mjollna!

URL to the Image which is a render of the render of the heightmap image and minimap image we rendered!

Bandwith rape version available here!

Yeah, things are shaping up nicely now. Netherstorm will be quite fun to do however

Oh god Netherstorm... I'd love to see how that turns out. Sounds like we'd have to disable firey things thogh... wool might be the thing we'd have to use for that :d

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Oh god Netherstorm... I'd love to see how that turns out. Sounds like we'd have to disable firey things thogh... wool might be the thing we'd have to use for that :d
    It's too bad netherack is too similar indeed. But I guess we'll see, there was talk about a texturepack, perhaps some nice candidates for netherstorm that are not wool in there...
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    It's too bad netherack is too similar indeed. But I guess we'll see, there was talk about a texturepack, perhaps some nice candidates for netherstorm that are not wool in there...
    That would be best. What would be a good replacement though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    That would be best. What would be a good replacement though?
    I'd have no clue... Perhaps a block that isn't used all that much at all... Pure lapis comes to mind, but that's not purple at all. I have no clue what item you use with wool to make purple wool, wouldn't there possibly exist such hard block like lapis is for blue?
    Brick would obviously be not a candidate at all, as we might need that for specific structures.

Karazhan (instanced) - No

The closest you could get to the full tower would be if you knocked out the Broken Stair, and you might possibly need to nix one of the floors of the small spire leading to Prince, depending on how tall you make each section of the tower. And to even do that you'd need the entire allotted Y-axis.

An interesting note: the instanced Karazhan looks absolutely retarded from the outside. I tried building the Guardian Library, but once the building skeleton was complete, it looked incredibly ugly at a distance.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to join building! It's an awesome project and i love building big stuff in minecraft

So how do i join?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    I'd like to join building! It's an awesome project and i love building big stuff in minecraft

So how do i join?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...necraft-server! middle of the first post

Um, everything in that spreadsheet says penis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagdush
    I would drag my dick through a mile of lava just to listen to someone that's installing the beta on Skype.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalco View Post
    Um, everything in that spreadsheet says penis.
    What spreadsheet?

Quote Originally Posted by Wozarib View Post
    What spreadsheet?
    The one in the first post.

10+ Year Old Account
    So some freaking kiddo decided to go ahead and grief the google docs document... Why was it even open to public to edit in the first place XD.

I have no idea, it isn't any of the cursecraft people that manage that - all ours are read-only. Oh well ..

Apparently I have restored the document, so no problem.

I don't play minecraft so don't take my word for it. But are you able to "dig" into the starting "land" in minecraft? Or do you have to constantly build up layers? Because your going to have to adjust the height for thousand needles etc if you cant dig. Good luck though, this sounds amazing!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Magister's Terrace and Sunwell Plateau could both be done, provided you have the space for them in the world (which you should given the overall scale of a minecraft world). They're essentially just large houses with some outdoor portions.

---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 10:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    I don't play minecraft so don't take my word for it. But are you able to "dig" into the starting "land" in minecraft? Or do you have to constantly build up layers? Because your going to have to adjust the height for thousand needles etc if you cant dig. Good luck though, this sounds amazing!
    You can dig. Actually you start about 64 layers above the unbreakable base of the world.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey. I want in on this project. mc name is mempha2569. gimme a shout back.

"I would die to win, But I am born to lose."