Affliction or Demo for 10 men raiding??

I start playing back my lock a week ago and im playing affliction at the moment ( use to play destro back in wotlk).My gear still suck but im already pulling 15k-20k single target in 5 mens, not bad.I read that affliction is pulling the best single target dps in the 3 spec, but every geared lock i see are all playing Demo..so now im really confused

What is the best spec to raid in a 10 men group?Affli or Demo?Please help me!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Get both? Dual Talents ftw! I go Demo on fights that require add control or lots of AoE. Affliction is my cup of tea for more single target minded fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    Heroics are heroics for a reason.. if you cant do heroics, you cant raid.. its the proper path...
    ...Blizzard has gone the mile and added LFR for those people, but nerfing normal and hc modes is just plain stupid. The Burning Legion didn't get pushed back by lining up a thousand arcane mages spamming AB. It took work work work.

yep..but the only bosses i see with adds control: beth and Ryolith..maybe ragnaros too

i used to raid with a lock thats both demo and afflic, iirc he only uses demo for 3 fights which were alsyrazor,baleroc,and beth the rest he goes affliction, so i would raid as both or just raid with which ever you are most comfortable with. No sense in raiding demo if you dont like it or cant really get the flow of its rotation imo

Deleted
    In a 10 man group the only reason Demo would edge out over Affliction is due to the buffs Demo brings. You have less room in 10 man and the dps difference is quite small!

i usually run demo on just about every fight except alys (i have to fly). Afflic would probably be better for shannox as well, at least on normal. Demo comes in pretty handy for the aoe on fights like rhyolith and beth if you have to work on spiderlings.

yes im gonna have to look at the raid comp, because im strating with a new group monday..if it really need demo im gonna have to read a lot lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegan View Post
    In a 10 man group the only reason Demo would edge out over Affliction is due to the buffs Demo brings. You have less room in 10 man and the dps difference is quite small!

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo only really overtakes Affli on single target in HC gear levels, so untill you reach that level go whatever is most comfortable or needed in a fight. In a 10 man group the 10% spellpower Demo brings can make a lot of difference.

Agree with most of what's being said here. They're both in a good place right now and you don't have high enough gear for demo to be best across the board.

Check you're raid comp though, unless you have an Ele shaman, your 10% SP will be a big buff that affli doesn't bring. The difference in raid dps will outweigh the slight difference between demo/affli between fights.

Edit - xskarma beat me to it. Point is still valid though.