10+ Year Old Account

Demo for HC Firelands 10 man??

So we've started to do HC Firelands. Killed Shannox and Alysrazor so far, going on it at Bael'roc right now.

I allways run affli, im very comfi with the spec and feel i have full control. I pull around 27K if i play right (Tested on Shannox HC, so a singletarget fight.)
    . I have only very little experience with Demo.

Now, we have this officer in my guild that rly wants me to go full demo - even on Alys (im in air).
    I've said that i would try demo out on Beth and Bael'roc, (we're no where near rag on hc).
    Is it better on the mentioned bosses, or is he right and i should go full demo (no way im going demo on Alysrazor when im in air)

Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ominate/simple

Need some advice :-)

Depends how many other casters there are in the group really. If you have no elemental shammy then demo would boost the overall damage of your group and on several bosses also boost your own. But if you are really uncomfortable playing demo then you should say so.

Only real problem is that its really difficult to maintain both a affli and demo gearset to optimize both roles, so you will most likely end up beeing forced to one.

a better question is why are you going for bale. After the nerfs he is probably the hardest boss other than Rag, it would be much wiser to go kill HM rho and domo since they are both really easy.

The fact that he wants you to go demo on Alys if you are in the air shows just how much he knows. Both Demo and Affli are close in damage and each have strengths and weaknesses. I would just start out with trying demo on a couple fights if I were you, depending on how well you pick up on Demo it will do less merely by you being better at affli. You should get some practice as demo though for it is good to be able to switch specs based upon the fight

I tend to swap between all 3 specs depending on the encounter in HC Firelands.

Shannox - Destro, I usually handle Rageface
    Rhyolith - Demo, for the AoE
    Alysrazor - Affliction, my preferred spec, I usually pull avg. of 60k dps flying
    Baleroc & Domo - Affliction, again my preferred spec.

If you're missing that 10% spellpower buff in raids or need heavy AoE, then yes, Demo would be the ideal spec. Being Demo while flying on Alysrazor is definitely a no-no though. Like others have said, try Demonology on some other encounters and get acquainted with it since it can definitely come in handy on some fights.

Edit: Get that tailoring skilled up so you can use Lightweave on your cloak.
    Last edited by Zulcrakin; 2011-10-14 at 04:53 PM.

Deleted
    On 10man most warlocks have to take one for the team, playing demo. I do not like the spec, especially now that mastery is preferred above haste. Just makes it feel so slow to play. But ye, team > personal preferences.