Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Australia, Perth
    Posts
    94

    What are some stupid things you think people will complain about?

    Creepjack and theredviolas idea!

    - "casting while moving is OP"
    - "too much stuff to do in pve"
    - "instantly get max level for pvp character and all armors and weapons, making them op "
    - "i dont know where my next quest hub is"
    - "too long to travel, need mounts"
    - "only a few dungeons wtf"

    ^^ Those are real quotes :]

    I am writing some up as we speak, but feel free to contribute what you think some idiots will complain about.
    Last edited by icecruiser; 2011-10-14 at 04:47 PM.

  2. #2
    Proffesions been overpowered/underpowered will be the most common.
    No raids is already one.

  3. #3
    Herald of the Titans Mighty Blue Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,717
    Best thing is, I'm hoping ArenaNet ignores any mass of whiners or QQ's. Honestly, the game looks simple and detailed enough already in the "demo" to beat out WoW or any other MMO to me.

    It's like anything in real life that people claim is "so simple anyone can do it". Example: cooking. Easy right? Turn the heat on, throw on a pan with some oil and then throw on the meat. Well, I've met some people who can't even make instant goods. We had people burning stuff in high school! You'd think by then they could easily do such tasks right? Sadly not everyone can do the same "simple task" as others. People already look at GW2 and scream "omg the controls are TOO simple!" when they haven't even played it themselves yet (and no one else really has either minus the demo). And honestly it looks awesome with only 10 skills at your disposal. It makes the game actually harder to play when you need to either switch or choose your spells wisely (utility/heal/elite).

  4. #4
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Australia, Perth
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    Best thing is, I'm hoping ArenaNet ignores any mass of whiners or QQ's. Honestly, the game looks simple and detailed enough already in the "demo" to beat out WoW or any other MMO to me.

    It's like anything in real life that people claim is "so simple anyone can do it". Example: cooking. Easy right? Turn the heat on, throw on a pan with some oil and then throw on the meat. Well, I've met some people who can't even make instant goods. We had people burning stuff in high school! You'd think by then they could easily do such tasks right? Sadly not everyone can do the same "simple task" as others. People already look at GW2 and scream "omg the controls are TOO simple!" when they haven't even played it themselves yet (and no one else really has either minus the demo). And honestly it looks awesome with only 10 skills at your disposal. It makes the game actually harder to play when you need to either switch or choose your spells wisely (utility/heal/elite).
    True, Arenanet I am pretty sure wont give in to the QQ's.

  5. #5
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    99
    There were people like that in GW1 and Anet just ignored them. And tbh if anyone complains about this: "instantly get max level for pvp character and all armors and weapons, making them op "
    They should not be buying GW2.

  6. #6
    Field Marshal Kalla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Black Citadel
    Posts
    84
    The only thing that kinda annoys me is that there isn't any character UI's besides the health/spells bar down at the bottom..guess Im just too used to WoW. That is very minor and I will obviously get over it hehe

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalla View Post
    The only thing that kinda annoys me is that there isn't any character UI's besides the health/spells bar down at the bottom..guess Im just too used to WoW. That is very minor and I will obviously get over it hehe
    That's because they want you watching the game, not the UI

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by icecruiser View Post
    Creepjack and theredviolas idea!

    - "casting while moving is OP"
    - "too much stuff to do in pve"
    - "instantly get max level for pvp character and all armors and weapons, making them op "
    - "i dont know where my next quest hub is"
    - "too long to travel, need mounts"
    - "only a few dungeons wtf"

    ^^ Those are real quotes :]

    I am writing some up as we speak, but feel free to contribute what you think some idiots will complain about.
    I think idiots will complain about any issues that other people take with a game : )

    I also think starting a thread meant to fan the flame wars, as opposed to discussion, is pretty idiotic...

    And those comments about 'whiners' and 'QQ' are both blind (to their hypocrisy) and idiotic.

    As for on topic... I haven't seen any 'stupid things' people will complain about... Though there is a lot of ignorance, here and out there ; )

    -Alamar

  9. #9
    "You mean I can't get better gear?! WTF I want to see bigger numbers on my screen, this is retarded. I want an item with purple text instead of blue text because purple means that it's better, this is so lame. Shit game. Who cares what it looks like, I just want to be better than everybody else so I can show off."

  10. #10
    Scarab Lord Blznsmri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,055
    Wtf? Why can't I fucking tank this shit?


    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That's what I expect.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

  11. #11
    "Wtf i am mage i dont want to tank remove tanking spec"
    "Casters OP can cast while moving"
    "Not high enough damage in PvP"
    "Way too high damage in PvP gief resi"
    "Level cap, now what"
    "Quests are too hard"
    "Dungeons are too hard"
    "Pvp is too hard"
    "Farming mats is too hard"
    "Healing myself is too hard"
    "Tanking is too hard"
    "This game sucks"


    I may have slightly exaggerated some of those

  12. #12
    I have to think too much about what I'm doing in order to play well!

  13. #13
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,748
    Quote Originally Posted by triavatar View Post
    "Wtf i am mage i dont want to tank remove tanking spec"
    "Casters OP can cast while moving"
    "Not high enough damage in PvP"
    "Way too high damage in PvP gief resi"
    "Level cap, now what"
    "Quests are too hard"
    "Dungeons are too hard"
    "Pvp is too hard"
    "Farming mats is too hard"
    "Healing myself is too hard"
    "Tanking is too hard"
    "This game sucks"


    I may have slightly exaggerated some of those
    Damn it. I go to one class and people start postin' my ideas. :P

    And Tri, I don't think its a great over exaggeration... not for the first few months at least. After about the first quarter (educated guess) I'd say the number of qq'ers will dwindle. Usually in a new mmo, qq's of this sort stop after the first free month but since GW2 doesn't have a sub fee they'll probably stick around for a bit longer.

    Because of those people I do hope that there is a massive ignore list available... I don't want to have to listen to those people who do nothing but set around bitching about the game, yet they're still playing it... *cough cough*

    But OT now...
    "This sucks, some leecher can show up and barley put in any effort and they get rewarded. Fix this now!"
    (before someone realizes waypoints) "This sucks, I hate having to walk everywhere. Where's my mount?!"
    (after that someone realizes waypoints) "This sucks, people should have to work for travel. They shouldn't be allowed to just pop in anywhere."
    (high lv character attempts to go farm low lv zones) "This sucks, why am I lv 3 again? I want to 1 shot these mobs!"

    That's all for now. I'm sure I'll think of something during my next class.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

  14. #14
    Hm..why I think that the game is already very casual friendly and all this list you have created makes no sense?
    btw the only think I don't like is the instant teleports, I really like virtual worlds and I like the games be more simulation...instant teleports will result to empty world like it did in wow for example but hey we ll see :P

    the problem is that traditional rpg gamers usually don't complain and that makes the other side seem as majority and thats why I always believed that forums doesn't represent the majority of the people and Blizzard just ruined their games by give up to the loud minority...I want to have a living virtual world, transportations full of people. but ok I will not complain either
    The trick of selling a PvP-MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

  15. #15
    Herald of the Titans Mighty Blue Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,717
    Quote Originally Posted by triavatar View Post
    "Wtf i am mage i dont want to tank remove tanking spec"
    "Casters OP can cast while moving"
    "Not high enough damage in PvP"
    "Way too high damage in PvP gief resi"
    "Level cap, now what"
    "Quests are too hard"
    "Dungeons are too hard"
    "Pvp is too hard"
    "Farming mats is too hard"
    "Healing myself is too hard"
    "Tanking is too hard"
    "This game sucks"


    I may have slightly exaggerated some of those
    I'm betting there will be a lot of:

    "This game is too hard!!!!"
    "omg this game is too easy wtf"
    "why cant my dps spec tank??"
    "why arent there mounts?"
    "fast travel sucks!" / "fast travel is ruining this game"
    "omg Cooking is hard to level"
    "why cant XXX class wear XXX armor!?"
    "SWTOR is better than this"
    "WoW is better than this"
    "XXX game is better than this"

    Etc, and so on. People will always b*tch about things they can't control personally, and even then they complain about it! I'd rather ArenaNet keep them away and just balance the game the way they see fit. Like I said, an ArenaNet "Guild Wars 2 Suggestion Box" would be nice for us to write to.

    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Hm..why I think that the game is already very casual friendly and all this list you have created makes no sense?
    btw the only think I don't like is the instant teleports, I really like virtual worlds and I like the games be more simulation...instant teleports will result to empty world like it did in wow for example but hey we ll see :P

    the problem is that traditional rpg gamers usually don't complain and that makes the other side seem as majority and thats why I always believed that forums doesn't represent the majority of the people and Blizzard just ruined their games by give up to the loud minority...I want to have a living virtual world, transportations full of people. but ok I will not complain either
    Well, you don't have to fast travel, you can run/walk if you want to. But someone people can only get on games for 1-2 hours a night, and want to be able to log in, quest, finish it, and turn in. Which I don't blame them, some nights after work I'd just come home, get in my PJ's, and pass out on my bed or the couch.

    They want to be able to please a lot of diverse people. Personally I'll probably be running a lot.
    Last edited by Mighty Blue Bear; 2011-10-14 at 06:20 PM.

  16. #16
    icecruiser - thx for credit oO

    As for the topic at hand, most of the whines will come from the shock of different play style. Many people will struggle while trying to play GW2 "the old way", guardians will try to heal, warriors will try to tank and thiefs will scream at them for not holding agro. First week or so will be crazy and as someone mentioned I hope they will not release official forum - at least, right away .

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Damn it. I go to one class and people start postin' my ideas. :P

    And Tri, I don't think its a great over exaggeration... not for the first few months at least. After about the first quarter (educated guess) I'd say the number of qq'ers will dwindle. Usually in a new mmo, qq's of this sort stop after the first free month but since GW2 doesn't have a sub fee they'll probably stick around for a bit longer.

    Because of those people I do hope that there is a massive ignore list available... I don't want to have to listen to those people who do nothing but set around bitching about the game, yet they're still playing it... *cough cough*

    But OT now...
    "This sucks, some leecher can show up and barley put in any effort and they get rewarded. Fix this now!"
    (before someone realizes waypoints) "This sucks, I hate having to walk everywhere. Where's my mount?!"
    (after that someone realizes waypoints) "This sucks, people should have to work for travel. They shouldn't be allowed to just pop in anywhere."
    (high lv character attempts to go farm low lv zones) "This sucks, why am I lv 3 again? I want to 1 shot these mobs!"

    That's all for now. I'm sure I'll think of something during my next class.
    Lol man sorry :3 .

    otherwise yea, i really dont want this game to cater to QQ, i cant bear to see all of the mindless QQ so i equally wish for a massive ignore list

    Also:

    "Personal story wtf? im not playing a single player game , i wanna pwn the nublets not discover who my in-game father is. remove plz"
    "Guardian knock back op plz remove"
    "Self-healing is OP cant kill anyone in PvP"
    "No PURPELLZEZ!!!!1111!!!!one!!!!11!!11eleven!"

  18. #18
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,157
    "omg can't tank as elementalist!!11"

    "nerf X class ffs it one shot me in a pvp match"

    "no raids???? wtf am i doing at lvl cap??"

    Yup those things will people complain at.

  19. #19
    Field Marshal Kalla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Black Citadel
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    icecruiser - thx for credit oO

    As for the topic at hand, most of the whines will come from the shock of different play style. Many people will struggle while trying to play GW2 "the old way", guardians will try to heal, warriors will try to tank and thiefs will scream at them for not holding agro. First week or so will be crazy and as someone mentioned I hope they will not release official forum - at least, right away .
    I LOL'ed so hard at this post XD that is so funny, and so true! I bet people will be freaking out. Ill probably freak out a bit haha

  20. #20
    Well, you don't have to fast travel, you can run/walk if you want to.
    well this is not the point m8. I don't want to walk in an empty world because everyone else will use teleportation..as I said I will not complain for this nor I will ask for this to change because I understand what you say, most people don't have enough time for this, I just wish for it :P the point you can do something while others offered another way doesn't mean anything..

    for example many people say that leveling in wow is too trivial and too fast..the answer to them isn't to lock their xp to do it slower nor to play naked to make it more challenging...if I go now to take the ship from Rachet to go to Booty bay the ship will be empty, if I had to do this in vanilla where the general population were lower the ship was full of adventurers you could talk with and also people from opposite faction you could fight with...

    A game either can offer a virtual world or a lobby, cannot do both at once
    The trick of selling a PvP-MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •