Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    There's going to be a lot of former WoW and traditional MMO players who don't like the end game style compared to their traditional roles. Same can be said for the players who love to show off their epics/legendary items they got from being in random top guild on their server. They'll probably flock to Star Wars:TOR or Rift/WoW/Tera Online.

Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    icecruiser - thx for credit oO

As for the topic at hand, most of the whines will come from the shock of different play style. Many people will struggle while trying to play GW2 "the old way", guardians will try to heal, warriors will try to tank and thiefs will scream at them for not holding agro. First week or so will be crazy and as someone mentioned I hope they will not release official forum - at least, right away .
    Haha, words of truth.
    I am really looking forward to the first weeks, it will be so freaking epic!
    But indeed, everyone who do not get the chance to try out GW2 on beta will freak out the first day!
    Last edited by Reward; 2011-10-14 at 08:09 PM.

WTF!! That guy dodged my attack! Ban those cheaters!
    Last edited by Friicay; 2011-10-14 at 07:25 PM.

People will complain and compare it to WoW all the time.

Some hilarious quotes in this thread guys, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanni View Post
    "omg can't tank as elementalist!!11"

"no raids???? wtf am i doing at lvl cap??"

Yup those things will people complain at.
    Well, the one shot complaint will never come up as it take a while to get any player down unless you swarm them with many players. You're more likely to get a complaint like:

"nerf X class ffs it takes so long to kill in a pvp match"

Quote Originally Posted by Alanni View Post
    "no raids???? wtf am i doing at lvl cap??"
    Definitely gonna be one of the top complaints. Too many people have only played WoW and don't realize there can be more to MMOs than just raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Wtf? Why can't I fucking tank this shit?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That's what I expect.
    Lol that makes me smile and in all likelihood when GW2 is out, i will post many pics of people who will say those things to ridicule (but will have all the names blurred out).

now for my contribution...."DUUUURR.........WHY CAN"T I LOS ?!?!?!!?!?"

"WER...SILENCE MACRO ?"

"CASTERS MOVING OP!!!"

"WTF....NO RESISTANCE !?!!?!?!"
    Last edited by Anthoren; 2011-10-14 at 08:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashgar View Post
    There's going to be a lot of former WoW and traditional MMO players who don't like the end game style compared to their traditional roles. Same can be said for the players who love to show off their epics/legendary items they got from being in random top guild on their server. They'll probably flock to Star Wars:TOR or Rift/WoW/Tera Online.
    And I hope to god these kind of people never stay in GW2, it was these kind of assholes who ruined WoW after BC Launched that made the game devolve into an online trolling forum in trade chat, sure it was somewhat hectic even in Vanilla, but nowhere NEAR that many people ever trolled trade, and now you cant even say a single thing without someone trying to pick at it. I hope these scrubs either burn in hell or get beaten silly constantly in GW2

EDIT: heres one: "Why cant I get better gear than everyone else? I cant show off my phat lootz!"
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2011-10-14 at 09:22 PM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

I actually think it will be cool that there are no raids initially. So it seems like the game is actually progressing and you can experience it as a player rather than getting everything at once as WoW did in every expansion. Can someone explain the PVP thing to me though, regarding gear/level cap? I'm new to GW. (For the record though, I really hope it eclipses WoW, as someone that's played WoW for years)

"Why didn't anybody heal me? Noob healers."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cataracts View Post
    I actually think it will be cool that there are no raids initially. So it seems like the game is actually progressing and you can experience it as a player rather than getting everything at once as WoW did in every expansion. Can someone explain the PVP thing to me though, regarding gear/level cap? I'm new to GW. (For the record though, I really hope it eclipses WoW, as someone that's played WoW for years)
    I really hope so too, alot of people have become delusional and think that WoW is the end all be all epitome of MMORPG's, and think it is godly. But the sad fact is, WoW isn't, it just has been the most successful of them all up until recently because it had a great playerbase (from WCIII) and combined a number of key elements from other MMO's that existed that seemed to have small flaws in their design. It worked really well, and the influx of WCIII players helped its subscription numbers at launch, which then helped expand the playerbase exponentially. And blizzard kept up with it with the substantial amount of revenue generated from it. However, they have peaked at this point, the majority of the original WoW team has moved on to other projects (Like Jeff Kaplan moving onto Titan) and the "second generation" of the team has stepped in. And quite frankly, idk what the fuck they did, im not sure if they even learned the ropes from the Original design team because they seem to contradict themselves in their decision making left and right, and its left the game a complete mess now.

For GW2 though, alot have said that Anet never really gave into pressure from their fanbase to change things, and I think that is how it SHOULD be. Constructive criticism is good, but when everyone overloads the forums with ideas, then it become a jumble of who has a good one and who has an idea that has a hole in the design, and most of the ppl who do give ideas have never developed a game, and really dont know what they are talking about in terms of balance. We will just have to see how Anet will work with the community, but i hope its just a resounding "its our game, we will do what we see fit, screw off"

As for your PvP questions, I redirect you to the official thread on MMO-Champ: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...The-One-Thread
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

"Class X is so op cause it beats me in 1v1!!!11"
    "That was SO copied from WoW!"
    "WTF THIS IS TOO HARD?!?!?!"
    "Why can't I have green Afro on my Asura??"
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    The only reason i want the whiners and general annoying/ignorant people to buy GW2 is because i believe Arenanet DESERVES their money (only game i've considered getting the special edition for) :P They can quit after that though :3
    The main complaint about this game will be "it doesn't run on my 10 year old PC" "I spend ages in pvp and never get powerful enough to steamroll people, there is no sense of accomplishment!" (Assuming these people can form coherent sentences).

10+ Year Old Account
    "This mob hit's way too hard!!! How am I suppose to survive?"
    "How can I backstab if I can't sit in stealth to get behind him?"
    "There's no quests in this zone! WTF?!"
    "This guy keeps hitting my mobs! Freaking KSer"
    "Warriors can't hold aggro, they just run to the closest guy and one shot him!"
    "Guardians can't heal for crap, our group just rolls over and dies."
    "Water attunement needs a buff, we can't do competitive dps."
    "Idiots keep jumping into this giant boss event and just dying. It's hilarious, but they shouldn't even be here."
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't make threads that promote and encourage flaming.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net