Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    PVP is a turn off for me because it's based off who had more time to grind the gear than skill. When I hit 85 on my hunter, it doesn't even matter how well I play my classs, if i jump into a BG I'm going to get destroyed. Thing is, I wouldn't mind that if it was like 3 games... problem is you have to play about 100 games before you catch up. Not my cup of tea. I don't currently play WoW anymore, but I watch it closely for the day they fix PvP, if ever.

Deleted
    The entire "fresh level 85s are useless in pvp" premise is wrong.

With some bloodthirsty pieces off the AH (or even a full set if you bother looking for people to craft it) it's not quite that bad, plus you can get a full vicious set in merely one week of random BGs assuming you have a full time job (otherwise it's probably something like 3 days).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    what pvp needs is FINE tunning, not major remodeling. perhaps even personal normal battleground rating(that u cant see) so that all fresh 85 characters fight each other and not have a blue paladin be 1shot by a tier 2 mage.
    that would balance the battleground a bit more for us that doesnt play pvp that much but when we do we get pwned by best geared ppl

Res is fine. As far as gear goes, I'd rather see a bit less offensive stats and bit more Res/def stats. There's no changes that can be made to gear that'll make it easier for fresh 85's aside from preset gear whenever you're in a instanced pvp.

What does bother me is Cata pvp was supposed to be all about a constant wounded state, but instead it's just blow up a target as soon as you get trinkets. I'd like to see it changed where there is a much bigger difference between small and big heals. Make healers choose when they really need to top someone vs negating some dmg and make players choose whether to interrupt the constant small heals keeping the target at about 50% or saving it for the big heal that'll bring the target to 100%.

I do agree that both dmg and healing should be toned down a bit in pvp though.

10+ Year Old Account
    /no

This idea just ain't viable. PvP gear is made to a certain player base. If this idea was to be used, a PvE geared could go in and own the field.
    By removing the resilience, you would in a matter of speaking, remove the people whom specialize in PvP. There's no profit in bringing the World of Warcraft PvP into the same zone as World of Warcraft PvE. After how I understand it, by doing that change you would make PvP gear (the gear you would call PvP gear, which wont be PvP gear since no resilience, it would just be tweaked PvE gear) into just plain DPS/Healing PvE gear, just with tweaked stats.

The stats on PvP gear + resilience is already tweaked for PvP, I know some can do a bit PvE in it, and vice versa. But there has to be a difference in it.

Adding the 60% damage reduction and the lesser healing effect just changes PvP from skill into a combat about whom can nuke faster. (I know some PvP fights are like that, but not all)
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    That's my only concern, but wtf? 500k HP? Good solution to this would to just not be allowed to Reforge, and maybe don't allow mastery on pieces?
    Then what's the point of reforge and mastery if you can only use it in pve? kinda self defeating no?

Deleted
    ignorant suggestion is ignorant. HC guilds would dominate the pvp ladders. NO NO NO

Nope. PVP has 101 problems but resilience isn't one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    If you're having pvp problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but resilience ain't one.
    Fixt for you.

Deleted
    I would prefer if they did it like on the Tournament realm. You do a quest when you hit 85 to show you're worthy to the faction leader yadayada, and when done, you are granted a set of pvp gear and an additional spec which can be used for additional utility. After you're done with chosing UI, talents and gear, you can now queue for arena, rated and random bgs. The more you progress in either of these the more rewards you are granted which helps you own noobs in world pvp (pvp gear, maybe new spec etc).
    This really wont change the balance of world pvp, since players with pvp gear are atm far superior in world pvp compared to players with PvE gear anyway.

Personally the reason why I chose not to participate in PvP with nothing else than a casual approach is because keeping up with PvE is already time consuming enough, this would radically change people's view on PvP. Well one can only dream..
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2011-10-20 at 10:44 PM.

Just add resilience to pve gear that cant be reforged to something else. Also make it always be lower than the equivalent pvp gear, so you have to pvp if you want the best gear.

I was thinking make it easier on Blizz as well as the folks playing the game to get the gear they need. 1 set for both and the same points granted whether you PVP or PVE (exact point matching would need to be determined) means that everyone can get the same gear regardless of what they choose to do with their time in WOW. I am not saying screw PVP, I understand that for some it is much more fun than PVE. Could even make instance BOEs drop in BGs off random players for loot. Though it might mean no more armor of the fallen hero which could make PVE folks a little upset, but that could be worked into the BGs as well if needed.

PVE gets to PVP from time to time, PVP gets the damage reduction that they need for survivability and can also PVE if they so choose. Less gear for BLizz to balance around and can actually focus on character balance.

I really don't see the problem this season pvp is really fun, and i joined about a month ago. I had to do the grind, and it was far better than the previous ones (mostly due to the craftable sets). If you, like i think, want to rule pvp with your pveepics, well no, if you want something do something, that's the way it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trazan View Post
    we get pwned by best geared ppl
    Quick news flash for all the tears being shed in this topic.Why should the people who dedicate their game time to pvp,be punished ? Everyone has a choice in game to pve or pvp.You dont like being wrecked in pvp,go put more effort into getting the best pvp gear instead of crying on the forums that the true pvp community should be punished/nerfed because of your unwillingness to acquire the best pvp gear.

Not about folks getting pawned, don't care about that. And no folks getting epics ruling the PVP world as everyone would have the same chance to get the same epics. Like everything else, it would take time for both PVE and PVP to gear up and actually PVP would probably gear up faster. Think folks are over thinking this too much. Everyone would be in PVE epics if they choose to grind for it, be it PVP or PVE. PVPers can do strictly PVP to get those same epics.

Ex. - BGs, (Depending on the BG) would earn 100-120 JP plus an additional 20-40 for the win, 1 JP per kill with random chance at BOE epics off a random player as loot or random boss from AV. Also in BG chance at drop for an armor token or add the token at the end for the win. Arenas would get 120 VP for running and 20 points for the win. Get rated, can up that with token. 1 armor token for win to upgrade gear, get shoulders or helm. Not sure how the rating scale works anymore or if there is one. You would only get the bonus if you choose to random PVP, exacltly like choosing a random dungeon. Don't get the bonus if you choose a specific BG just like you don't get the bonus for choosing a specific dungeon, but still get points by killing folks and getting objectives. The system would pretty much stay the same as if you were still getting honor points, except they would be justice points instead.

Take that and add in the damage/ healing reduction for PVP and in theory it should even out. 1 gear set per class, 1 point system for both. Maybe I am making it too simple but I think it would work and work well. Only thing is to make sure that the damage/ healing reduction be equal to what you would get for the resilience on current gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    PVP is a turn off for me because it's based off who had more time to grind the gear than skill. When I hit 85 on my hunter, it doesn't even matter how well I play my classs, if i jump into a BG I'm going to get destroyed. Thing is, I wouldn't mind that if it was like 3 games... problem is you have to play about 100 games before you catch up. Not my cup of tea. I don't currently play WoW anymore, but I watch it closely for the day they fix PvP, if ever.

You can get half a set of lvl 358 pvp gear for 500 golds at AH, full set for a bit more.

10+ Year Old Account
    PVP is a turn off for me because it's based off who had more time to grind the gear than skill.
    That is pretty much all World of Warcraft has been these past 7 years, character progression through gear acquisition. It's what almost every MMO is about.

It's also why I have never liked Resilience, while the damage reduction has been needed (due only to poor damage scaling by blizz!) it has made your character progression forked, devaluing you if you choose path A or path B, and I hate that any gear you get it is not universally powerful. And there really is not a good reason to have it this way except to intentionally fracture your player base and add more grind to the game.

Blizzard could make pvp and pve have identical item levels by either having 2 tiers of pvp gear (0 rating, and 2200 rating) to match pve gear, or having 1 set of PVE gear matching the PVP set with heroic PVE weapons to match 2200 pvp weapons. Then adding in a passive talent on everyone that reduces damage taken by other players by 50%. Then gear would just be gear, except for the set bonuses which would give a small to medium advantage for pvp or pve so players who do pve get a pve advantage, and pvp players get a pvp advantage.

But since the ilvl are exactly the same, the gear is only differentiated by set bonus giving no way for one side to get an advantage over the other. Resilience devalues almost all gear by making it significantly worse in half the game; and it only provides a benefit that could easily be given by a passive talent, or just proper planning by the devs (if they scaled our damage to be half what is now we would not need resilience at all!)
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    PVP is a turn off for me because it's based off who had more time to grind the gear than skill.
    Same can be said for PVE and basically the entire WoW game atm. Just grind your valors, and the gear will be yours.