Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im jumping between the Operative and the Assassin every other week. Guess I'll have to level them bouth to 15 or so before I make up my mind.

Then again... If I end up playing for the Republic I'll be checking out the Vanguard or a Smuggler (any AC)
    Last edited by vian; 2011-10-19 at 09:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Myself personally, will be going trooper. Of that I am positive although beyond that I am conflicted. Commando seems to be a support or healer dps and vanguard seems to be full out tank unless I am mistaken. And yay first post in 3 years reading mmo-champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCold View Post
    Myself personally, will be going trooper. Of that I am positive although beyond that I am conflicted. Commando seems to be a support or healer dps and vanguard seems to be full out tank unless I am mistaken. And yay first post in 3 years reading mmo-champion.
    First off, welcome out of the shadows : )
    Second, the Commando can heal and dps, wile the Vanguard can tank and dps. Bouth are supposed to be perfectly viable DPSers.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

4 words: Sith Warrior Vengeance Juggernaut
    No nonsense. Straight to the point. Vader, Malgus. Screw that weak "sneaking around" those cowardly Inquisitors have to do. Bounty Hunters? They lack conviction and can be bought or sold. Smugglers? Thieves. Troopers, pawns. The Jedi? Their devotion to helping the weak only denies them true power over the Force.

RP moment over.

7 more words: Don't roll Sith Warrior Vengeance Juggernaut.
    They're all for me to play.
    Last edited by Klur; 2011-10-19 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klur View Post
    4 words: Sith Warrior Vengeance Juggernaut
    No nonsense. Straight to the point. Vader, Malgus. Screw that weak "sneaking around" those cowardly Inquisitors have to do. Bounty Hunters? They lack conviction and can be bought or sold. Smugglers? Thieves. Troopers, pawns. The Jedi? Their devotion to helping the weak only denies them true power over the Force.

RP moment over.
    Jedi Shadow Consular Kinetic Combat
    "Hear me Sith! Your merciless deeds will send you back to the dark abyss from once you came! For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is!"

I'm am fairly sure that most of the tanks will be Defense Guardian Jedi Knights, so instead I'll see what it's like to tank in cloth gear. This time real cloth and not the platecloth I used to wear on my paladin. And a rogue wielding a double-bladed lightsaber does sound great for PvP.

MainTankasin - Consular/Inquisitor Tanking

Deleted
    I have the same issue. Currently I'm thinking I'll need to play two classes at launch simply because all of my RL friends and guildies are going Sith, and I want a Jedi Knight. Obviously it isn't a big deal, I don't plan on rushing through the content like a madman anyway.

Deleted
    Whatever I end up doing, I will level a female trooper parallel to it just because of Jennifer Hale!

I'm debating between Warrior and Inquisitor myself. I am hoping to get into BETA just so I'm able to try both classes out and then I can settle for which I want to start leveling come 12-20

Does anyone know how the tanking feels as a Warrior?

Quote Originally Posted by Royi View Post
    I'm debating between Warrior and Inquisitor myself. I am hoping to get into BETA just so I'm able to try both classes out and then I can settle for which I want to start leveling come 12-20

Does anyone know how the tanking feels as a Warrior?
    If they did, it would be breaking the NDA to tell.

lvl every class to 20 and then decide

Deleted
    I'm leaning towards Smuggler Gunslinger. It's on the Republic side but morally ambiguous enough to not feel like too much of the 'good guy'. Plus you get a Wookie companion, and the hat is epic
    Last edited by mmoc877887c5bf; 2011-10-21 at 10:36 AM.

When i decide what to play in a game. I kinda make a "list" like.. Do i wanna be melee or ranged? if i choose melee then do i wanna be melee dps or a tank? and so on filtering out every class and such till i find somthing i will enjoy. Its still a good 1.5months - 2months to go :P so! You can get researching and decide!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    I'm thinking Sith Inquisitor right now, although I want at least one of every class, likely one of every advanced class as well. Maybe even one of every spec if I am feeling really adventurous.

Ah, who I am I kidding, I'm an altoholic, I'll be leveling as many characters as I possibly have time for.
    Same for me as well. I'm going with a Sith force user because of the inspiration I got from reading the Darth Bane series. I will try as many class/specs/Acs as I can ;o

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna play a BH Merc. Simply cause dual blasters, grenades, rockets, flamethrowers is how i role

Quote Originally Posted by KamekaziKoala View Post
    I'm having real trouble deciding what to play.

On the one hand, i'm really pushing towards Bounty Hunter, because of Boba Fett, and they look like a great class to play.

On the other hand, i'm considering playing on the Republic side, to be a 'good guy', and actually be able to go onto coruscant, however i'm not sure what class, and Troppers don't really interest me.

What's your opinion?

I suppose there is one upside to my dilemma!
    "Plus you have a fun perk as a mercenary out for coin; the Bounty Hunter, according to Daniel Erickson - Star Wars: The Old Republic's Lead Writer - is the only class in the game that will be able to take on and perform missions for both the Empire and the Republic. There are potential repercussions to this, but it's a very interesting mechanic. Just be careful who you work for - money isn't everything."
    http://www.curse.com/articles/swtor-en-news/950545.aspx
    That quote is a lie. BH are Empire, Trooper is the Republic class.

Its not a lie the BH can do missions for both Empire and Republic NPCs....it has nothing to do with switching sides just that as part of his class quest he gets the oppotunity to work with the republic a little..

Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    Its not a lie the BH can do missions for both Empire and Republic NPCs....it has nothing to do with switching sides just that as part of his class quest he gets the oppotunity to work with the republic a little..
    Those would be "neutral" quests which are available to everybody not just BHs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonsorow View Post
    Those would be "neutral" quests which are available to everybody not just BHs.
    Or, the BH has certain quests where he does a few things for the Republic that other classes don't.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Or, the BH has certain quests where he does a few things for the Republic that other classes don't.
    I have yet to here or see anything on that. I've seen levels 1-20 fully and never saw anything of the sorts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonsorow View Post
    I have yet to here or see anything on that. I've seen levels 1-20 fully and never saw anything of the sorts.
    There's a lot of game past level 20.

We can't say if it's true or not until launch because of the NDA.

Though we can say that originally, the Smuggler and BH could do missions for the opposite faction, but that was later changes. There was also going to be a third faction originally. Things change, and this may be one of them. Or it could be related to class quests. We just don't know.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net