Deleted

Swtor: Lightsaber Stances

Hey All,

Just a brief thought, Is there any mention of multiple Saber stances?

How your character holds a lightsaber, It would be quite odd to have every jedi/sith in the galaxy hold them in the same way.

Obviously it would be more work for the animation team, But it would also be great for the immersion.

What are your thoughts?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it has to do with the type of weapon you have? Races obviously would be different. Either way the force users are going to be a pretty big chunk of the game so we will all probably look similar anyhow no matter what they implement. lol

It would be nice if there were different animations for different stances, however theyre just buffs (like WoW Warriors stances), I don't think that they do at the moment. This is what Ive gathered from PvP videos from some of the more recent conventions.

Stances are, if I recall correctly, just like stances for a warrior in WoW. I don't know if they change the animations of the character, though.

<SNIP>

Reminder, please do not post NDA breaking information.

Quote Originally Posted by STWOR NDA
    ADDENDUM A
    PERMITTED DISCLOSURES
    1. The fact that there is a Game Program.
    2. The fact that you are a member of the Game Program.
    ANYTHING else is breaking the NDA.

http://www.swtor.com/game-testing-agreement

Thanks. - Buckwald
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-10-15 at 02:33 PM.

Thats to bad to hear. That was one of my favorite things about KOTOR 2, how they included the forms with unique bonuses AND animations. They were epic for their time. Almost made up for that rushed ending...
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Loooots of talk about lightsaber stances and other related shenanigans in this thread. First two pages attempt to remain on topic, at least.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...htsaber-Combat

TL;DR for the thread - While the different stances will give different combat bonuses (like warrior stances) they're not likely to directly affect animations, including how you hold the lightsaber. However, there probably will be abilities only usable in certain stances that have their own animations, so in that sense combat may look and feel different.
    Last edited by GarGar; 2011-10-15 at 09:21 AM.

I did a post that says the same thing

Deleted
    I think that lightsaber drops (if any) or certain visual modifications (enchants) will decide the way you wield your lightsaber, like different weapon types do in WoW currently
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2011-10-15 at 04:04 PM.

It'd be great if there were different animations, but in an MMO I kinda doubt it'll happen =/

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    <SNIP>

Reminder, please do not post NDA breaking information.

ANYTHING else is breaking the NDA.

http://www.swtor.com/game-testing-agreement

Thanks. - Buckwald
    Might as well lock every thread in this subforum, since they all literally break the NDA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombikilla View Post
    Might as well lock every thread in this subforum, since they all literally break the NDA.
    Actually no they don't, a ton of the subforum at the moment is basically just linking information that Bioware has officially released then discussing it or speculating about anything and everything. Anything that does break the NDA is quickly taken out by the mods (evidence is in this thread).

OT: It would be badass if they did have some kind of varying stance and attack animations depending on the weapon you've got equipped. But seeing how much else they've got to work I rather doubt it'll happen. Though to be honest I'm not too disappointed I'd rather have semi-badass animations and more content than full on badass animations and far less content.
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy