Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Anyone think that tier 13 DK set will involve skulls and horns?

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Some people translated that to "1.35% of players saw the end game content!" and forgot that the sample was 2.7M characters, not 10 players, and someone smart pointed out that this % is probably around 15 or 20% at this point. (Which is pretty impressive for the end boss of the latest raiding tier)
    That someone smart pointed out that there are 3.22 85s per player.
    The 16.2% of players was for normal 7/7 (from 5% of characters)
    Heroic Rag therefore becomes 4.3% of players (from 1.35% of characters)

edit: and even these numbers aren't realistic since the 3.22 characters per player came from the poll results on MMO-Champion, where people are bound to be more into the game.
    Last edited by Fraza; 2011-10-15 at 08:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Haha Epic... I love Bashiok It's good to see that they view those forum-whiners in a realistic light.
    The point of not divulging statistics is that they are only one part of what drives overall goals and development. Unfortunately, the fundamental truth is that people put too much behind numbers (case in point, posts in this thread and a couple other dozen that sprung up because of the MMO post), and will build entire cases on them alone with no thought for context or meaning.
    Exactly what I was criticizing in the last Thread. Boub & others INTERPRET your data next time! Don't throw raw numbers at uneducated people just to get some clicks on the news post.

its still only 1/ 2 % i f you do the maths.

Deleted
    First boss mechanics look pretty dumb , althought i am pretty sure much will change till it goes live

Dont get it with the math.If i sum all characters for the heroic ragnaros kill then i get 7219 Players who defeated Ragnaros heroic (of 2.700.00 players).
    7219 / 2.700.000 = 0,0027 => 0,27%

Doesnt mattter if it is of 2.700.000 players or of 10.000.000 players. Percent will always be percent -> its a statistic!
    Example:
    10.000.000 / 2.700.000 = 3,77219 * 3,7 = 26710
    26710 / 10.000.000 = 0,0027 =>0,27%

Lets say every WoW player has 3 Level 85 chars. That would mean we have to calculate with the factor 3.
    So 2.700.000 are equal to 900.000 accounts
    7219 / 900.000 = 0,008 = 0,8%

Lets say every WoW player has 5 Level 85 chars.
    That would mean we have to calculate with the factor 5.So 2.700.000 are equal to 540.000 accounts
    7219 / 900.000 = 0,0134 = 1,34%
    Kills with twinks not included!

So every WoW player has 5 Level 85 chars to get 1,35 %.
    I cant believe this...I think under 1 % off all players had killed heroic ragnaros. This could be a believable number!
    Last edited by Elronhubbard; 2011-10-15 at 09:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    The new raid looks kinda cool. Massive attack on Wyrmrest temple, to the inside of one of those giant mouth things, and then I hear it even goes to the eye of eternity. Later on to a gunship, then to deathwings back, and on to the maelstrom. Despite these all being areas we've seen before, the "wordly" feel of it all and seeing all these familiar locations under massive attack is awesome. Just waiting on crybabys whining "QQ RECYCLED CONTENT WE'VE ALREADY BEEN TO DRAGONBLIGHT!!!!1!!11!oneoneone".
    They've already started with that, unfortunately. But it's easy to ignore

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesnt mattter if it is of 2.700.000 players or of 10.000.000 players. Percent will always be percent -> its a statistic!
    FAIL ... you really should view the context under which this data was pulled.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    I will make monkeys of these monkeys!

On topic.
    Is it me or does that first boss look insanely easy?
    First boss easy? would never ever think of that.

What a utterly discusting surroundings... worst looking instance ever seen in WOW so far.

Hmmm first boss looks indeed like a joke, however: Every tier contains one or two of those on normal mode (Patchwerk, Flame Leviathan, Marrowgar, Halfus, Shannox & Beth'tilac), which is ok to be honest for the more casual raiders. Also keep in mind that things on PTR comes out slightly toned down so that people can down them to detect bugs; they are not supposed to be challenging on PTR... It is actually against the point.

Second boss looks kinda fun. Can't comment more on that, as I still need to see it again to understand it.

Overall: I love the feel of this instance, the same way I loved the feel of Firelands, the same way I loved the feel of Throne of the Four Winds. I dont know about the majority, but for me this expansion was rich and fun (7/13hc last tier, 6/7hc this tier till now). Thank you Blizzard.

the 3 ability boss seems pretty boring. really glad i stopped playing this game a couple months ago after 6 years. probably done playing forever. sad my guilds all split up doing other things but Cata finally made me buy an Xbox and dark souls is kicking my @$$. cant wait for skrim. 11/11/11

To be honest the new bosses look like a pure joke. I'm sorry but Marrowgar was harder than this. Yes there wasn't much to do in Marrowgar either, but c'mon these are pure tank and spanks something Blizzard was trying to get rid of. They went back to the old Vanilla / BC model of all tank and spanks. Again they are pleasing the non raider. Casual is the bad term because there are casual raiders, and hardcore raiders. The non raiders are the ones they are pleasing. The ones who do PVP all day, or the ones who are going to queue in LFR. Not the guilds, not the good players. Sad if you think about it. I've been playing WoW since early beta and have seen this game go through such a radial transformation to the point the game is nothing like it used to be anymore. Whether it be from business practice to actual content. In some regards I'm glad SWTOR will eat up my money for the next couple years, but at the end of the day I think the MMO market is dying out. Nobody has the creativity anymore like they used to. The standard of "Don't re-invent the wheel" is sticking with developers now a days too I see.

---------- Post added 2011-10-15 at 03:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    Are they coming with hard disk drives? Even after full format I will be able to restore up to 90% of information.
    If they are blades probably so. Though there is a good chance they will take them out.

---------- Post added 2011-10-15 at 03:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Do you really think blizzard is that stupid?
    Even if they leave the drives inside, they will erase them with software using the Gutmann method or some other permanent erasing method. After this your little data recovery tool will do nothing at all. Read up about the subject before trying to sound smart
    LOL @ Gutmann. Don't get me wrong its a good software for "end-user" type of formats. But for corporate formats we don't use anything like that. Neither does DOD. We fry it. Burn it, microwave it etc. Thats the way you get rid of the data.

---------- Post added 2011-10-15 at 03:31 AM ----------

I love how Blizzard says that MMO Champ is wrong about all their data yet when they get called out about their data they just sit there and say we can't reveal ours to the public. You discredit MMO first, and then instead of proving a point it made it look like that Blizzard was an ass about it.

The first boss just seems lack luster, luckily its still the PTR. I mean any fight where pre-nerf you are standing around for 10 seconds at a time just waiting for an ability just seems flawed (Stalagmites falling and running behind them waiting for the big stomp). I guess I should bring up the point that both boss models and I think colors for that matter are directly from 5 man dungeons. The people who bash people like me, the "Troll QQer", have some respect for yourself and your opinions, you shouldn't have to fight a 5 man skin boss in your last main raid of an expansions.

People really expect to get heroic Ragnaros served on a plate while he's still the current end-boss? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    People really expect to get heroic Ragnaros served on a plate while he's still the current end-boss? Lol.
    No I don't think they are looking for him to be served on a plate I think they want a challenge in the next tier. To be honest if you really look at it most of the bosses in this teir are not a challenge. The majority of fights have you clump up, and have certain gimmicks. There is no creativity in this tieir other than Rag whether it be on normal or heroic.

Deleted
    Nice to see Blizz making some new 3D models for bosses... oh wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    That guys accent is so bristolian.

Cockblocking overtuning, we meet again....

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless Yor'sahj's globules are hard to kill, I foresee a dull, very easy fight. And inevitably as dps goes up with new gear, they will be easy to kill.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.