Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
    I'd like to be. I was pretty excited after watching video "previews" for bosses like Flame Leviathan. Despite FL being super-duper easy, he was quite fun. Being able to ratchet up the difficulty by leaving towers up was cool, as well.

The first boss (Morchok) just looks lazy. And pretty ugly, to boot. I'm not going to whine about reusing models, since you can do a lot with an existing model to make it look unique. However, either this is just a placeholder, or Blizzard didn't bother. The blueish environmental lighting isn't doing it any favors, either.

The second boss seems a lot more interesting.
    Probably just a placeholder, remember Rhyolith on PTR? His second phase was an unskinned green blob =)

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    They don't release the numbers because they'd look terrible, and they'd be bad for attracting new players. "Hi, come play our game, which is so complicated that only 5% of our players can keep up with the end game content! But don't worry, you can have fun dancing on mailboxes."
    It's the same reason why they don't release official server population stats and force players to rely on incomplete third party data. It would not reflect well on Blizzard and their management if it became known.

The game is going down because most people are just bored... It doesn't matter what Blizzard does from this point on. It's too little and too late. If it's hard then the majority of people won't do it, it's that easy. WoW raids are easy in a way, but when you count in the shitty players, like many of you, even the most easiest task becomes a tedious experience. Blizzard can't do anything about that!

They're just trying to hang in there. Most my guildies left WoW many months ago and moved on to other titles, mostly non-mmo's because they're tired of them. I can't blame them. WoW really has taken out what used to be "fun" in a mmo. Worst part is that the "competition" think WoW is doing fine so they're doing the same crap Blizzard is doing. In the end it's all just a huge epic fail.

I got to give one credit to Blizzard tho and that is the dungeon finder, that is by far the most innovative change in a mmo for many, many years. Playing a mmo is all about doing group content, the old ways pushed people away from that because it was such a dread just to find people, and the time it took.

Personally i've seen way harder bosses in 3-5 man dungeons in EE than i ever saw in WoW raids. Blizzard really has dumbed down the bosses to try give all players a shot at them. Sadly it just doesn't work with the current players WoW attract...

Quote Originally Posted by Beast024 View Post
    now thats a blue wall of "crit" text !
    Which only goes to show Blizzard is worried. While MMO's numbers were oddly calculated Blizzard knows they have a severe problem. If they went by an account basis, as in how many accounts who have an 85 actually got to the last boss, I would bet those numbers are very low.

You don't throw a wall of text out there and disparage the poster of information if its not true. You fight back with real numbers and prove your side. Instead Blizzard merely confirmed the problem. The whole "we are not showing our numbers" bit is so laughable.

Blizzard blew it in CATA by not offering the fans of 5 man a complete armor set to work for. Without that many I knew who used to play stopped and went to other games, notably F2P waiting on GW2 and SW
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Those bosses look really boring to me.

This guy said "this encounter is a little bit overtuned". Yet they almost finished it with 3 of the 10 players dead. And I thought losing one player in 10 mans was such a big deal, atleast that's what's everyone is saying on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by deviancee View Post

No, you are wrong. It does not matter if he will divide number of toons, or multiply number of players.
    135,859 - represents players, and 2,7mln - toons.
    So yeah, its 16%, buuut again, there is shitload of people that dont raid and do other things.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ontest-Fan-Art

Double check the graphs from that link. On my screen it shows that the 135,859 represents characters, not players. The 2.7 million number also represents characters (at least on my screen). It would not make sense to suggest that one of those numbers represents players and the other represents toons, when they both use the same word. See my thought process?

Quote Originally Posted by TaanSpot View Post
    . It would not make sense to suggest that one of those numbers represents players and the other represents toons, when they both use the same word. See my thought process?
    But you can't possibly be correct, since you get a result he doesn't like.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

No, it isn't the people interested in raiding. It's the people actually raiding in Cata who have had any success. There were many people who were raiding in Wrath. The content changed to something they didn't like, so they stopped raiding. This doesn't mean they should no longer be counted. And, even those who weren't raiding in wrath may have been potentially interested, if the content were to their liking (read: even easier than wrath content).
    There is no way to measure that. And those wowprogress numbers are still a good indication of how hard content is (better than those graphs). If you want numbers of how many players are interested in raiding you should look at how many players killed at least one boss and don't forget puggers. And then you can guesstimate how many players "may have been potentially interested" or you could ask every player in WoW.

"If content is to their liking" is also very vague. Easier content doesn't automatically mean potentially interested people will start raiding. People stop raiding for several reasons.

The graphs were to show how much influence the nerfs had on the difficulty/progress of players and nothing else. Besides that wowprogress has the best numbers to show how difficult content really is and how many people are raiding. They are not 100% accurate but they are the best out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    There is no way to measure that.
    Of course there is. Blizzard can see exactly how many people raided in Wrath, and exactly how many are raiding now. Do you think the number has not gone down?

By wowprogress, the number has gone down greatly from Wrath. The number of guilds raiding has declined, even as most guilds have shifted to 10 man from 25 man.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

I dont know what all the QQ is about regarding raiding and raids in general. I think they have a great setup for raids currently. I have an 85 with an ilvl of 361 with a vast majority of Wrath heroic raids completed under my belt. This is a new 85 so I had not done any Cata raids. Well somebody needed a RDPS for ToT4W or BWD, since I had not run those yet I exclaimed "Elem Shaman ill go!" When asked to link achieve I gave him the story similar to above. I was denied access to join this very elite group of fellas. I was disappointed. The next day I asked my guild that I have been with since level 10 and was exalted with "lets start running some cata raids, ill heal or dps" *Crickets* No response. Minutes later I asked again, suddenly a response! It read "you know you can pug cata raids now right?" It was at this point I realized I was fucked. Cant PUG a raid because I apparently need to show somebody I have already cleared it and the guild apparently doesnt want to and tells me to PUG. So yeah, raiding in Cata is a joke and December 20th cannot come soon enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidycat View Post
    I dont know what all the QQ is about regarding raiding and raids in general. I think they have a great setup for raids currently. I have an 85 with an ilvl of 361 with a vast majority of Wrath heroic raids completed under my belt. This is a new 85 so I had not done any Cata raids. Well somebody needed a RDPS for ToT4W or BWD, since I had not run those yet I exclaimed "Elem Shaman ill go!" When asked to link achieve I gave him the story similar to above. I was denied access to join this very elite group of fellas. I was disappointed. The next day I asked my guild that I have been with since level 10 and was exalted with "lets start running some cata raids, ill heal or dps" *Crickets* No response. Minutes later I asked again, suddenly a response! It read "you know you can pug cata raids now right?" It was at this point I realized I was fucked. Cant PUG a raid because I apparently need to show somebody I have already cleared it and the guild apparently doesnt want to and tells me to PUG. So yeah, raiding in Cata is a joke and December 20th cannot come soon enough for me.
    ^ and this is y raiding got boring... for casual players who dont raid 3-6 nights a week...
    i was a hardcore player back in BC and to tell the truth WoW died when they brang out wrath... the raids were just rediculously easy... hell i took a month break came back ( i was in full udluar gear) and got carried through ICC HC 10m.... now that tells the truth about how easy raids are.

now go back to sunwell... u couldnt simply just pick up say a random pug and clear it.... u needed the weeks / months of work to down those bosses....
    if raiding was as competitive now as it was back in BC, blizz would see alot more of the hardcore scene back in action... not this downing a half of a raid or a full raid in the first night its out...

Of course there is. Blizzard can see exactly how many people raided in Wrath, and exactly how many are raiding now. Do you think the number has not gone down?

By wowprogress, the number has gone down greatly from Wrath. The number of guilds raiding has declined, even as most guilds have shifted to 10 man from 25 man.
    How can you measure people who are interested in raiding? The only way is to ask them if they are. You can't see the exact number of people who are interested in raiding by looking at numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    How can you measure people who are interested in raiding? The only way is to ask them if they are. You can't see the exact number of people who are interested in raiding by looking at numbers.
    There are ways to infer, at least in general, what people want without asking them individually. The people who do this are called marketing professionals. They are paid big money for it. It's not 100% accurate, but it's not something you can just dismiss. Demanding exactness is just your way of being a passive-aggressive roadblock to honest discussion.