Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    379

    Disc healing trincket question..

    Can't seem to find a good trinket thread so I'll just ask..

    I have -
    Petrified Egg
    Core of Ripeness
    Jaws of Defeat
    Jar of Anchient Remedies
    And both rep trinckets


    What to use :O?

  2. #2
    What are you raiding? 10, 25? What is your role? Do you spot heal, raid heal, tank heal?

    For what I do in 10m heroic modes is sort of spot/raid heal. I reforge EVERYTHING out of spirit and still don't oom. If you time your rapture correctly, you won't oom. In that case, I would suggest Jaws of Defeat and Petrified Egg. If you raid heal, probably Jaws of Defeat and Core of Ripeness.

  3. #3
    Without knowing much about your healing role in the raid I would recommend Jaws and Core of ripeness, i don't like jar, i dont like non intel based trinkets and i dont like the extra long ICD's in the brewfest trinkets.
    Last edited by Executz; 2011-10-17 at 05:44 AM.
    Thanks to Shiri for the awesome sig <3

  4. #4
    Jaws and Core. Buy a tsunami though.

  5. #5
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    379
    I am 10m, ussually raid heals, with a little tank if it needs help.

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Jaws and Core. Buy a tsunami though.
    What this man said.
    Last edited by Tihr; 2011-10-17 at 02:05 PM.

  7. #7
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    What this man said.
    Ok, sounds good. should i replace core with eye of blazing when i get it?

  8. #8
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    426
    Depends of how your mana is, I guess. If you're not having mana problems, you can go for Eye, although I don't really rate it as a great trinket. Obviously, if you're not having mana problems, it's worth it for the extra Intellect + throughput proc.

  9. #9
    I'm using jaws and variable pulse lightning capacitor - we had a spare and it has a ton of int. The lightning bolt proc isn't that bad if you're A/AA spec.

  10. #10
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    379
    im not A/AA :P

  11. #11
    Blademaster Lightless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cordoba, Argentina
    Posts
    47
    I've seen a lot of ppl confusing other lots of ppl with comments like "Depends on your frreaking role"!! Well, my suggestion is to go for the Rep trinkets (assuming that by rep trinkets you mean the Avengers of Hyjal Revered ones) If its throughput you want, then those are the way to go! But since both trinkets are ACTIVE and I know most ppl will argue against them then I recommend you macro both to each skill. You wont have any HPS losses that way and WILL keep them up for roughly 46% of the time, wich by all accounts means a 600ishhh sp increase or so forth. Might be a good idea to keep track of the up time tho, since syncing Trinkets plus CDs is essential for a good performance in any raid difficulty! If, on the other hand im wrong, and REP trinkets means something else then as a discipline healer I would go for Core of Ripeness And
    Jaws of Defeat (Jar being a very viable option too, but again: Content...)
    "Ping pong wing wong king kong cheech and chong hop hip kajagoogoo!"

  12. #12
    I've got mostly the same trinket lineup as the original poster's and would appreciate advice along the same lines. My options are:

    Fall of Mortality
    Vibrant Alchemist's Stone
    Core of Ripeness
    Petrified Pickled Egg
    Moonwell Chalice
    Jar of Ancient Remedies
    Fiery Quintessence
    Rune of Zeth

    I'm running with the top two. I'd definitely take the Jaws of Defeat if they ever dropped for me, but I've heard really bad things about the Eye of Blazing Power's proc. Not sure which one I'd replace with Jaws... I'm a 10m normal healer, usually disc, with a druid and paladin so I get the flex position. Thoughts on what I ought to be equipping?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightless View Post
    I've seen a lot of ppl confusing other lots of ppl with comments like "Depends on your frreaking role"!! Well, my suggestion is to go for the Rep trinkets (assuming that by rep trinkets you mean the Avengers of Hyjal Revered ones) If its throughput you want, then those are the way to go! But since both trinkets are ACTIVE and I know most ppl will argue against them then I recommend you macro both to each skill. You wont have any HPS losses that way and WILL keep them up for roughly 46% of the time, wich by all accounts means a 600ishhh sp increase or so forth. Might be a good idea to keep track of the up time tho, since syncing Trinkets plus CDs is essential for a good performance in any raid difficulty! If, on the other hand im wrong, and REP trinkets means something else then as a discipline healer I would go for Core of Ripeness And
    Jaws of Defeat (Jar being a very viable option too, but again: Content...)
    The rep trinkets used on CD are essentially 319 intellect worth. These trinkets are not effective if you just macro them to everything. You need to use them often, yes, but when throughput is needed, or when mana cooldowns are coming up in order for them to be worth the small static intellect loss. These are not easy trinkets to use effectively.

  14. #14
    Jaws and core easily.

  15. #15
    I'd go for what gives most passive int.

  16. #16
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    I've got mostly the same trinket lineup as the original poster's and would appreciate advice along the same lines. My options are:

    Fall of Mortality
    Vibrant Alchemist's Stone
    Core of Ripeness
    Petrified Pickled Egg
    Moonwell Chalice
    Jar of Ancient Remedies
    Fiery Quintessence
    Rune of Zeth

    I'm running with the top two. I'd definitely take the Jaws of Defeat if they ever dropped for me, but I've heard really bad things about the Eye of Blazing Power's proc. Not sure which one I'd replace with Jaws... I'm a 10m normal healer, usually disc, with a druid and paladin so I get the flex position. Thoughts on what I ought to be equipping?
    Fall and Core. You could and probably should buy a Tsunami to replace the Core though. Replace Fall with Jaws when you get it, eventually. You can also swap Fall/Core out for your Alchemy trinket if you're not having mana problems.

  17. #17
    Uh oh. I recently passed on Jaws in my 10m group thinking "when will I EVER get off that many spells in that time to make it useful?" We gave the trinket to our druid instead. Is there something I'm missing about the trinket that makes all of you suggest it?

  18. #18
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by Menderr View Post
    Uh oh. I recently passed on Jaws in my 10m group thinking "when will I EVER get off that many spells in that time to make it useful?" We gave the trinket to our druid instead. Is there something I'm missing about the trinket that makes all of you suggest it?
    It's a cooldown for a reason, you use it when you need to do a lot of healing(IE. if your doing beth and its at the end of the fight) Your going to be spam casting Prayer of healing, so you use your trincket so you don't go oom..

  19. #19
    Herald of the Titans Yilar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Don't discount Tyrandes Favorite Doll!

    4200 Mana every minute not based on spirit is very nice regen.
    And level up Archaeology? Unless you somehow managed to have Archaeology and tons of NE fragments I wouldn't bother at all with Archaeology.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    And level up Archaeology? Unless you somehow managed to have Archaeology and tons of NE fragments I wouldn't bother at all with Archaeology.
    Fair enough, it takes entirely too long to obtain it compared to the other trinkets that are just as good.

    But if they already had Archeology high, Night Elf epics are very easy to get. Almost every dig site over there is Night Elf.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •