Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Mechagnome shanthi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    It doesn't help me at all. But I think some people have difficulty seeing other people's perspective. I'm trying to help new priests by saying if you pull someone incorrectly (e.g. in my case being 40 yards behind danger) then you become very obnoxious.
    If you do anything incorrectly, you're doing it incorrectly. Kindof obvious. Whether the particular priest in your story did it wrong is completely unknown to us, so why would we "support" anyone in your story?

    There are plenty of players with higher ilevel who make mistakes, so your "I had a 380 ilevel, so that means I couldn't have made an error" is pretty silly. You're frustrated that another player life gripped you, but there's no point venting on a forum about it. Maybe you were wronged, maybe you were correctly life gripped. Life goes on.

  2. #22
    Yes, those insinuations have a logic but the witch hunt is completely off topic. I offer an advice to new priests like an older priest and an experienced player in other classes. Speculating that I did something wrong without being there is off topic and completely pointless.

  3. #23
    Mechagnome shanthi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    I offer an advice to new priests like an older priest and an experienced player in other classes.
    You actually didn't offer any meaningful advice to new priests. "Don't incorrectly use life grip" is about as useful as saying "Don't incorrectly use Flash Heal," or "Don't incorrectly use Power Word: Barrier" and can be generalized to "Don't use anything incorrectly" and offered as advice to any player in the game.

    It's so trivial as to be useless. Which just leaves us with your anecdote about a priest you didn't care for.

  4. #24
    High Overlord Gufkys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Espagueti!
    Posts
    157
    OT: Gunna go out on a limb here and assume that you have seen many moons turn in Azeroth?

    Sorry, lemme Lifegrip this post back on topic.
    Please, do not take yourself so seriously unless you expect others to not.
    You got played the fool, and you're proving it, one iLvL at a time.


    P.S. I bet you wear pvp gear and often dps in blood presence!!1!!111!

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    You actually didn't offer any meaningful advice to new priests. "Don't incorrectly use life grip" is about as useful as saying "Don't incorrectly use Flash Heal,"
    It's simple: If you pull something incorrectly is very obnoxious. If you heal something incorrectly nobody cares.

    Some people have difficulty grasping the perception of other people without being in their place.

    Apparently, I was right, judging by your inability to see that healing someone incorrectly is different in the level of frustration it produces.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by anathama View Post
    As a priest/healer, we often get to survey the situation better than the dps. Perhaps you were getting closer than you thought, without noticing.
    You can't be serious... completely proving OP's point. This High and Mighty, I'm-the-healer-I-know-better-than-everyone-else attitude shows how inflated your ego is. The melee has a closer view of the situation, he typically has more experience with the aggro range than a ranged class, and if he's just STANDING close, please explain to me how he could aggro without moving.
    Quote Originally Posted by anathama View Post
    If this is bothering you, maybe you should stop standing so close to the mobs and wait for your tank to go before you.
    Standing nearer allows you to ramp up your DPS quicker when tank pulls. If this is bothering you, maybe you should quit WoW.
    Last edited by Alphapix; 2011-10-15 at 06:45 AM.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphapix View Post
    This High and Mighty, I'm-the-healer-I-know-better-than-everyone-else attitude shows how inflated your ego is.
    So you're saying it is wrong of me to assume that a Damage Dealer (one who takes every possible opportunity to point out his gear score, thus proving that he REALLY cares about numbers and would probably take any advantage to increase his DPS by even the smallest amount) is more likely to make a simple lapse of judgement with regards to keeping the group alive than the healer (who's sole purpose in the instance is insuring that people stay alive by standing back and assessing the situation)? Ya, I guess common sense is overrated...

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphapix View Post
    Standing nearer allows you to ramp up your DPS quicker when tank pulls. If this is bothering you, maybe you should quit WoW.
    Thank you for proving my point; But I think it is pretty safe to say that in a dungeon, keeping the group from wiping is more important than a 1 second delay on your DPS. Also, it is not bothering me in the least. I am quite enjoying myself, actually. But, as it stands, there are only TWO possible scenarios for the OPs situation:

    1. He was standing too close; the priest's Life Grip saved the group, made him look like a fool and he felt it was necessary to rage post on these forums, hoping to get a few people to sympathize.

    OR

    2. The priest was wrong and the OP was standing at a safe distance, with zero risk of pulling; The priest lost a 3 minute CD, trolled his group (wasting 5 seconds of their time in the process), and made himself look like a fool. The DPS who was pulled decided to make a post about this harmless incident.

    So, either way, this thread was an overreaction and nothing more.
    Last edited by anathama; 2011-10-15 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Fixed the Formatting

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by anathama View Post
    blah blah blah
    Your point that trying to maximize DPS means you're basically blind to your environment (inb4 "THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID!!!!" which in fact it really is...) makes no sense.
    And the point that you MISS is that PVE is based on trust, and it's just arrogant and against etiquette to assume your teammate is too stupid to show a little judgement. It's not about the outcome, it's about team spirit and being, for lack of a better word, polite.

  9. #29
    What are you guys talking about? I said I was 40 yards away. I was waiting for a tank to pull. The rest you claim to happen are pointless insinuations for forum drama.

    The funny thing is that I was not the furthest away. The tank and a melee was a bit front. So ye, totally useless.

  10. #30
    Fluffy Kitten Ultima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    3,194
    Closed. Infractions will be handed out momentarily.
    I heal in the Arena
    Retired Moderator - Priest and PvP
    You can follow me @UltimaMMO_C

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •