Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    An advice to new Priests

    If you see a dps of level 380+ going near trash but still in a safe distance, do not pull it and then claim he is a noob and he would ninja pull. It makes you look like an idiot that wants to play with their new ability.

  2. #2
    Brewmaster Rakatashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Future Gadget Laboratory
    Posts
    1,252
    Wait what? I don't think the DPS's iLevel making a difference.

    For the record, I use leap of faith on my priest for the sole purpose of griefing.

    You also appear frustrated.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    I use leap of faith on my priest for the sole purpose of griefing.

    You also appear frustrated.
    You appear a griefer.

    (euphemism for bully)

  4. #4
    As a priest/healer, we often get to survey the situation better than the dps. Perhaps you were getting closer than you thought, without noticing. If a dps is getting ahead of himself and about to wipe the group, Leap of Faith is a great solution.

    Also, I do not check a person's gear score before Life Gripping.

    If this is bothering you, maybe you should stop standing so close to the mobs and wait for your tank to go before you.

  5. #5
    I was playing a priest for weeks and then entered an instance with a mage. I assure you, I know both perspectives.

    edit: Some people lack a sense of other people's perspective. As a priest I know that pulling someone without being needed is very irritating.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    I was playing a priest for weeks and then entered an instance with a mage. I assure you, I know both perspectives.

    edit: Some people lack a sense of other people's perspective. As a priest I know that pulling someone without being needed is very irritating.
    But if you were standing dangerously close, it WAS needed.

  7. #7
    I assure you, it was 40 yards. The priest was 30 yards behind me. He was simply in bad visual perspective of the game and didn't have the skill to realize it was perfectly safe.

    The group was new and it was running in after a fail attempt they had. I assume they were all frustrated. They should thank the gods when a heroic Firelands DPS enters to help them.

  8. #8
    Herald of the Titans Ihnasir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,587
    what does the OP even mean? I'm lost and drunk, mostly lost.

  9. #9
    By the way, it was an old 5man heroic, 346.

    So, before jumping on the badwagon supporting the priest, my priest alt was probably higher level than him. So, support me! :P

  10. #10
    People are learning when they are just starting heroics. I think assuming that they aren't going to mistakes when you are go in as a heroic firelands gear character is a bit naive. I'm just guessing, but I assume you have had more practice with your class than they have. Coming here and complaining because some priest pulled you right before you could dps epeen on a bunch of mobs isn't really all that constructive.

  11. #11
    I'm sorry, but it is difficult to "support" someone who thinks it's necessary to brag about their item level in every post.

    OT: If you were standing too close, he was right to pull you away. If you were NOT standing too close, he was probably trolling you, and gauging on your reaction here on the forums, did just that quite successfully.

  12. #12
    I'm not complaining, the title is clear: Advice to new priests. If you're an old priest don't complain. :P

    I'm also a priest on my 'main alt', so I don't feel priests are my enemies or something.

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-15 at 08:05 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by anathama View Post
    it's necessary to brag about their item level in every post.
    That's just out of the blue. The reference is in relation to being a very new priest that doesn't know how powerful the spell is if used incorrectly against experienced players.

    My ilevel is nothing spectacular in end-game. I feel that my guild is one of the most mediocre. I don't feel like a World First or anything. [but still it shows experience in playing for a long time]
    Last edited by FemaleGoblinMage; 2011-10-15 at 05:08 AM.

  13. #13
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    I assure you, it was 40 yards. The priest was 30 yards behind me. He was simply in bad visual perspective of the game and didn't have the skill to realize it was perfectly safe.

    The group was new and it was running in after a fail attempt they had. I assume they were all frustrated. They should thank the gods when a heroic Firelands DPS enters to help them.
    For this post alone i hope you get life gripped every single time it's off cd, thinking you're "special" usually means you are, just not the kind you think. Sounds like you were failing, got saved by an alert priest and got a little hurt for making noob mistake. Not his fault, maybe you've been out of 5 mans too long, either way you lived, whether b/c of him or not doesnt matter

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    For this post alone i hope you get life gripped every single time it's off cd, thinking you're "special" usually means you are, just not the kind you think. Sounds like you were failing, got saved by an alert priest and got a little hurt for making noob mistake. Not his fault, maybe you've been out of 5 mans too long, either way you lived, whether b/c of him or not doesnt matter
    I'm not special, what is it with people and their desire to make everyone look like a bragging dork? I said the priest was inexperienced, their first 5mans. I play a priest much longer than him. My ilevel is also nothing spectacular in end-game, I don't feel any special. But it does show that someone plays a class for a long time.

  15. #15
    Pandaren Monk Deleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In the dark. Watching. Waiting
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    By the way, it was an old 5man heroic, 346.

    So, before jumping on the badwagon supporting the priest, my priest alt was probably higher level than him. So, support me! :P
    What a ...... . I hope you get LG 100000000 times every day. In fact I'm gonna transfer to your server and LG you for eternity. My ilvl is 385 so I can do whatever I want with you. And my alts ilvl is also higher than you. See how cool and experienced I am.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

  16. #16
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    I'm not special, what is it with people and their desire to make everyone look like a bragging dork? I said the priest was inexperienced, their first 5mans. I play a priest much longer than him. My ilevel is also nothing spectacular in end-game, I don't feel any special. But it does show that someone plays a class for a long time.
    Or it shows they raid in 25 man group and get carried, point is we only know your item level and raid experience b/c for some unknown reason you though it would be relevant information while relaying a QQ thread about a priest harmlessly saving you in a 5 man. You have zero idea his experience, that toon may not be geared but may be his 10th lvl 85 priest and was trolling you, it doesnt matter, what he did was harmless at best, did you think maybe last player that whiped them may have been a geared ninja pulling raider as well? To sum it up you're geared, who cares....a priest saved you when you didnt need it, who cares. Move on a go be a savior to another 5 man

  17. #17
    Anyway guys, that's the advice [for new priests], take it or leave it. I was 40 yards behind. Your insinuations do not change the facts.

  18. #18
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    733
    Pointless thread is pointless.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontificate View Post
    Pointless thread is pointless.
    It doesn't help me at all. But I think some people have difficulty seeing other people's perspective. I'm trying to help new priests by saying if you pull someone incorrectly (e.g. in my case being 40 yards behind danger) then you become very obnoxious.

  20. #20
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    197
    I'm gonna use lifegrip on cd next time I do a random on my priest alt who is wearing 1 epic pvp item from the shadow set, 3 crafted blue pvp items, 2 tier 11 items from the healing set, the epic caster trinket from brewfest, the epic healing trinket from brewfest... I could go on! All this gear information is so relevant. Oh wait, did I just get trolled? Never mind, I'm gonna use lifegrip on cd next random anyway, because it's fun!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •