Computer Slows down when Mmo Champ has big adds.

hi there mmo champs

Quote Originally Posted by Gyroslave View Post
    hi there mmo champs. as you can read in the topic, i have the problem of my pc slowing down when mmo-champ has this big adds going. last time it was the swkotor add, now its the city of heroes add. anyone else experiencing the same problems?

Added the message from your other post and deleted the double thread. /Marest
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-10-15 at 10:57 AM.

This probably needs more content and explanation. Also, it should probably go in the feeback/suggestions subforum

get firefox, get addblock pro, profit
    "Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools" Albert Einstein

there is another post beneath that one explaining my problem. i accindently double posted : ( but ill try pickles solution.
    anyone knows if there are add blocking addons for chrome?

Deleted
    Just search for adblock for chrome and you should find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyroslave View Post
    there is another post beneath that one explaining my problem. i accindently double posted : ( but ill try pickles solution.
    anyone knows if there are add blocking addons for chrome?
    Adblock+ beta https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...earch&hcp=main (don't bother with beta status, its still awesome)
    Flashblock https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...earch&hcp=main

These are your best friends, never surf the web without them.

Deleted
    One thing with the AdBlock on Chrome is that it doens't block advertisement on a Youtube channel page. Only when you're at the videos specific page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get google chrome, addblock whatever its called, I havent seen an add since like 08.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, it means your computer is very old and needs updating more than anything.

I refuse to run adblock simply because I'm a fan of free sites staying free; that's done via ad revenue.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    Honestly, it means your computer is very old and needs updating more than anything.

I refuse to run adblock simply because I'm a fan of free sites staying free; that's done via ad revenue.
    Beat me to it Sir. As forum mod's we can't suggest using Adblock since our belove MMO Champ is funded primarily through the profits gained by ad revenue. If your computer is having that much of an issue loading a simple ad like that you should really be looking into an upgrade or a new system. Or it could be something as simple as an outdated addon inside your web browser or the web browser itself needing an update.

15+ Year Old Account
    The background ads on the front page bog down any computer that's more than a few years old. Good news is that they're only on the front page and not all the pages.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

thanks a lot for the replies. i installed addblock for chrome and everything is still fine. forgot to say i turned it off for mmo champ cuase i like clicking the adds for boub so he gets money to keep the page up xD

Deleted

support your favourate sites

It might be worth while mentioning which ads are causing this issue to the website admin. I only ask because the ads helps them out as well for upkeep. It would be worth their while knowing what ads cause your issue so they can check themselves.

Hehe I also have problem with my Netbook on mmo-champ, it has a Atom @ 1.6ghz ... So sad that now, atleast 2 cores and a low end gpu is required to browse the internet or playback anything higher than 480p.

While I am definitely a fan of free sites (and free games... whenever I see someone with a premium tank in World of Tanks I thank them for keeping my game free - even if they're on the other team and demolish me utterly and remorselessly), I enable AdBlock for a related reason:

I used to work in online advertising, building and targeting the very same types of ads you see on MMO-Champ (and most other sites on the internet at this point.) As I am not a person who has ever or likely will ever buy anything from an advertisement except for $6 carry-out pizzas from Dominos (mm-mm they're good) I disable ads because I don't want to cost the advertiser money. Every misclick I drop on an ad for whatever reason costs a company anywhere from a penny to a few dollars (or more depending on the targeting.)

Again, I fully support ad-driven sites and if I had a website I'd sure run ads on it too, but from a personal standpoint AdBlock makes sites cleaner and removes banners that I'll never click on purpose; the only time I click on them at all is when a site is poorly coded for image dimensions and an ad pops up where a link used to be during loading (yes, sometimes my internet is that slow.)

As to why the OP's PC can't run ads worth a poop, that's another issue. OP, what kind of PC are you running on? I think the most recent computer I've seen slow down on image/Flash heavy sites was my old Athlon XP-M 2500+.
    Super casual.