Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drockrock View Post
    This is exactly what I thought a long time ago when I first saw this ad. As a budding goblin I know that there's no real point in calling yourself the "richest player in WoW" since that would likely involve filling 5 or 6 gbanks/gbank mules with gold cap amount of gold (10M+ gold afaik). A more interesting speculative question would be, how much gold would you think the richest player in WoW has? (It's not Hayden Hawke)
    Agreed that is probably the most interesting question. I've played the AH at a medium-high level (not anywhere near the top) with a 50k investment and made 500k in 10 weeks.

Even if somebody could have only managed that rate for all of Cataclysm only on one server, they'd still have made around 3 million gold. I know many AH players play on 3+ servers. Accounting for previous expansions, I'd say 20 million+ is very very possible if they've been doing it for 3+ years on multiple servers in multiple markets.

Yet I still see like "500K Milestone HOORAY" posts on TUJ and other blogs... so I don't really know.

Edit: Also gold cap is 1 copper short of 1 million.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-10-16 at 06:00 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    I agree with this, the high level characters clearly look like premades while the lower level characters have less then 100k gold and only items of small value in bags.
    From own experience I can say is that if you have millions of gold, you won't be playing the auctionhouse with items like copper ore and volatiles since the profit is just to small.
    This is a bit OT, but I wanted to rectify this common misconception. People who obtain millions of gold ingame, generally do so by being in a bunch of markets at the same time. At "that lvl" of gold, you work to simplify your operations, minimizing your time spend, doing your work. Most ah-players do not limit themselves to a few, highlypriced exclusive items or markets, since building a fortune is accomplished much faster by diversifying and adding up many smaller avenues of income. Its about the gph, not the price of the items itself.

or you could grow a brain and figure this stuff out for yourself

in reality this is simple buisness, buy low sell high - not to had to figure out. taking raw material ( ore ) prossesing it ( prospecting ) then providing a usable product ( cut gems ) at a markup

or, buy the product at low prices at the right times on your server ( for my server its at about 2 pm ) then sell high at the right times ( about 7pm ) - see supper markets for a real life example of this..

the only difference when it comes to getting rich on wow or getting rich in real life comes down to how much cappital you have. you see in wow its easy to get the money to start fliping items on the ah. in real life however its much much harder to get started. as a result not as many people are able to start a buisness in real life while in wow anyone can.

take any one of these wow millionars hand them 1 mill in real life to start a company and they could probably make money ( not all since real life has other challenges to look out for )

the sad fact is that making gold in wow follows the exact same path as making $ in real life. find your nitch and fill it, or find a nitch that cant possibly be filled ( see gems ) and take your share of the market. if your a more rulthess type, find another persons nitch and take it from them.

realy not that hard.
    Last edited by meliancill; 2011-10-17 at 07:09 AM.

They put a barely borderline attractive, and let's face it, kinda chubgy girl in an add with her arms together to prop up her boobs so fappers notice, and promise to teach you to make easy money, so ignorant mooks pay them real money. That's all there is to those ads, really.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it could be hard to check who is the richest player. After all, there's millions of us out there. And afaik there's no way to tell how much gold a person has, without asking. And I doubt Hayden has asked every player that question and came to the conclusion that she is the richest.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Yet I still see like "500K Milestone HOORAY" posts on TUJ and other blogs... so I don't really know.
    I'm baffled by this as well, esp when the people posting "Yay, im at 500k" are people like Wes and Cold.

I think its because that a lot of the bloggers are rather casual. Log on to do a random, check the ah, do the jc daily, ect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Richest WoW player used to by Tyram, who made this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...d-bank-reached a year ago.

I don't know if he even plays anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Richest WoW player used to by Tyram, who made this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...d-bank-reached a year ago.

I don't know if he even plays anymore.
    Whats say there wasnt anyone else at gbank goldcap but didnt bother telling a forum about it?
    Im sorry, I just dont see how that qualifies him to be the richest player in wow(at the time, yes)

Deleted
    Just about all gold-making ideas you can find for free through blogs and forum sites. The Consortium forum is almost all about gold-making ideas and strategies, and it's all free. There are plenty of bloggers that discuss a bunch of ideas as well. No reason to ever pay money for a "guide" that re-hashes the same thing that every other guide does and what free sites talk about as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandy View Post
    If you're curious about it, just buy it. 95% of gold guides has a 100% guarantee that you'll be happy or they'll pay you back in full.
    I speak from experience, make sure it says something like "100% Satisfaction Guarantee....If you are not satisfied with my guide you can receive 100% of your money back..." at the bottom.
    just asking out of couriosity, does this realy work? i mean you could scan the book and send it back the next day, demanding your money back.. i know all the info´s are out there and that there are many good sites to look for money tips.

Just torrent / download / hack the guides. Waste of money for information that's openly out on the web.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

I pirated the guide. As it was said before, it was just a rehash of other tips. So not worth the cost.

The only guide for WoW I have tried is Zygors..but I still don't think it is worth the money.

However, one awesome thing it did was turn me on to TradeSkillMaster. Love that addon now.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tradeskill-master

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy1346 View Post
    probably complete bullshit, its an ad to buy wow gold. its probably a fake name too
    selling gold making guides*

But really, the add says she makes 1000g/hour... i make more than that while sleeping

---------- Post added 2011-10-21 at 02:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gyroslave View Post
    just asking out of couriosity, does this realy work? i mean you could scan the book and send it back the next day, demanding your money back.. i know all the info´s are out there and that there are many good sites to look for money tips.
    Its not even books, its pdf files. and it works!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyroslave View Post
    I bought a "Gold Guide" a few months ago. $17, i accessed the information, found it to be nothing but, these are useful items for making money, and setup auctineer like this. I promptly emailed the person demanding my money back. 2 days later i have a gold guide (if you can call it that) and my money back.

Don't buy into them, they are a waste of money, imo....

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    i know a few people above 8mil. one at 9 and one at 12mil

Well, in three years of playing I've made 700k just be playing the AH whenever I needed cash. It's not really hard to make gold, and no super guide is going to help you, you just need to play your cards right..

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtwo View Post
    I pirated the guide. As it was said before, it was just a rehash of other tips. So not worth the cost.

The only guide for WoW I have tried is Zygors..but I still don't think it is worth the money.

However, one awesome thing it did was turn me on to TradeSkillMaster. Love that addon now.

I used Zygor's leveling guide to get all the damn quests I needed for the achievement, never cared for his other guides but his quest guide with its associated add on is actually very good. He also fixes quest issues if you show them where they are wrong.

---------- Post added 2011-10-21 at 06:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtwo View Post

I still use its predecessor as TSM always crashes on me or bugs out at times. Got too annoying to keep. Plus the amount of screen real estate it needs..
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Key to wealth.
    Jewelcrafter -4500gold to max. 1-525. Disenchanting the items you get returns about 2000g. Do the daily 20 days in a row. Chimara's Eye sells for ~100g + 16g for doing the daily.
    Alchemist -2500 to max. 1-525. Selling some of the potions can return about 400g. Do the transmute living elements in Uldum for 15 days. 15 Volatile life cost 60g. 15 Volatile Air cost about 150g. Procs happen with trasnmute mastery. 90g+20% proc rate. 1/5 chance to proc 2-12 extra volatile. meaning 1/5 days of transmuting youll get FREE random amount of volatile over a HUGE amount of days.
    20 Days later... You sir/ma'am are making 200g a day from 2 key clicks. Hard days work. Now do this with RAF on multiple accounts to get to 80. you got a bunch of alts with both of these professions. GG ...2000g a day per account.....Win

Anyone with a few million gold can say they're the richest one. Some rich player just copy other peoples' tips/guides wrap it in a nice package and think it's worth something.

Deleted
    How much gold you have depends very much on the server population/age and how many servers you are playing.
    The basics are simple.
    Making money these days is dull and all about relisting stuff.