Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    the basic idea of all these gold guides.

download auctioneer
    scan auction house for about a week to get average prices of stuff
    buy stuff thats put on for lower than average sell that stuff for profit

also have alts with maxed out professions so you can turn things around for profit (i.e. JC rings to disenchant, alch transmutes to cuts etc)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackrockLegend View Post
    Key to wealth.
    Chimara's Eye sells for ~100g + 16g for doing the daily.
    I am super lazy, and this is how I make most of my cash. That and cooking daily + cocoa beans in AH. I get anywhere from 10-30g per bag, and loot 2-3 bags each time. So double whammy.

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    How much gold you have depends very much on the server population/age and how many servers you are playing.
    The basics are simple.
    Making money these days is dull and all about relisting stuff.
    I try to spice up my money making. I am not rich by any means though. I run old content and sell greens I get for transmog/leveling people.

You can make some decent cash if you solo intro cata dungeons. cata greens below lvl 80 sell for at least 100g on my server. That and time old smithing epic weapons for transmorg.
    Last edited by gwarsh41; 2012-01-03 at 08:28 PM.

I facepalm so hard when I see that ad, the zoom-up of the gold is like 700,000 or something.

I know so many people with over one million, sigh.

Dumbest Thread 2012

Successful Banner Ads 101

Stick random picture of a girl on it.
    Advertise something completely unrelated to the girl.
    Aim it as social recluses who don't go near girls.

If there's a "richest WoW player", they haven't written a guide and he probably weighs as much as a small car.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    I agree with this, the high level characters clearly look like premades while the lower level characters have less then 100k gold and only items of small value in bags.
    From own experience I can say is that if you have millions of gold, you won't be playing the auctionhouse with items like copper ore and volatiles since the profit is just to small.
    that's just not true one of my biggest profits is cheap items where I can just buy everything and put for much more gold on the AH, that and gem's and ench mats mainly. You can make 50K on a patch day even without stacking loads of items. I had a new friend who started playing wow a couple of month's ago ( 3-4 ) and I explained him one day how to make cash, now he has almost 1000k gold. There is nothing hard, most people are just scared of investing some time and gold into it.

Deleted
    People who sell gold guides often use the following script on a character that has 999g99s99c to seem like they have reached the gold cap:

/script silver_per_gold=0.100

If there's a "richest WoW player", they haven't written a guide and he probably weighs as much as a small car.
    You want to know how much time it takes to make massive amounts of gold in wow? Barely half an hour a day. Besides, the max you can get on one account is 50 million.
    Just because someone has a functioning brain, doesn't mean he is morbidly obese.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2012-01-03 at 09:29 PM.

Anyone who aims to be the "richest player in wow" is an idiot who should have sold their gold for thousands of real life dollars instead of epeening their virtual currency.

Just some dumb cunt making up bullshit lies to illegally make money off Blizzard's game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    Anyone who aims to be the "richest player in wow" is an idiot who should have sold their gold for thousands of real life dollars instead of epeening their virtual currency.
    Because everyone likes risking getting their accounts banned? Besides, this guy who is selling the guide probably made far more money with than most people could earn in a year working their day to day jobs.
    Here is some math: If you sell your guide for 25 dollars, and 10,000 people buy it (which isn't alot, considering the total playerbase), you made 250,000 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Because everyone likes risking getting their accounts banned? Besides, this guy who is selling the guide probably made far more money with than most people could earn in a year working their day to day jobs.
    Here is some math: If you sell your guide for 25 dollars, and 10,000 people buy it (which isn't alot, considering the total playerbase), you made 250,000 dollars.
    Here is another tip, you can make a gold guide regardless if you hoard your riches or sell them off. And there is no risk of selling gold, I sold mine the entire time I played wow from vanilla through the end of the Ulduar in WOTLK. Made thousands off of it, np

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    Here is another tip, you can make a gold guide regardless if you hoard your riches or sell them off. And there is no risk of selling gold, I sold mine the entire time I played wow from vanilla through the end of the Ulduar in WOTLK. Made thousands off of it, np
    For some reason, I seriously doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    For some reason, I seriously doubt it.
    So you think someone with 2 million gold who shows it to people in trade will sell more guides than a guy who has made 2 million gold but sells it off routinely? What? Really?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Because gold is hard to make right? You need to dedicate your full life.

lol.
    Seeing as some people probably dedicate their full life into it, then to become the richest you probably do?

lol.

Deleted
    All this gold is useless. I have 57k on main , another 20k spread across the alts . Easy peasy to make gold , last gold making session i bought 2k worth of herbs , made about 7k from selling decks and cards with inscription ...

About that Hawke , i think its fake . And in general these guides tell you simple things , like go farm herbs and sell them on ah , wut ? really ... or buying things that theres small stocks of and reselling at higher price , again , really ? i really couldnt figure that one by myself lmao ...

Deleted
    If you ever read a guide to WoW riches and it mentions farming, stop reading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much every gold guide is terrible and a rip off. In fact, free ones are more worth it and more helpfull than the payed for ones. justmytwocopper.org and tarouwowguides.com are both pretty good and free.

Its all true! Shes totally hot and has a Bazillion gold across 20 different accounts. Thats not her picture in the ad, thats another girl. She didnt want to put in her real picture because she looks like Miranda Kerr and only digs on LOTR nerds, so wants to avoid wow nerds hitting on her.
    She whispered me one day and told me she wanted teh cyberz and I said only if you give me a Million gold, she tried to give me 999,999.99.99 and I said hellz no!
    That copper is mine! Anyways she logged off and i havent seen her since.
    I may not have all her gold but at least I have my morals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    Isn't Hayden a guy's name as well? I've always thought that they slapped a chick on the banner to lure guys, threw some dude's name up there and made the claim that they're the richest person in WoW. I doubt it...
    It's gender-neutral, like Lauren or Ashley.

I have no interest in some dumb "MAKE GOLDS FASTERS" guide, but hey, the girl they used for the picture does have some pretty nice tits.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by BlackrockLegend View Post
    Key to wealth.
    Jewelcrafter -4500gold to max. 1-525. Disenchanting the items you get returns about 2000g. Do the daily 20 days in a row. Chimara's Eye sells for ~100g + 16g for doing the daily.
    Alchemist -2500 to max. 1-525. Selling some of the potions can return about 400g. Do the transmute living elements in Uldum for 15 days. 15 Volatile life cost 60g. 15 Volatile Air cost about 150g. Procs happen with trasnmute mastery. 90g+20% proc rate. 1/5 chance to proc 2-12 extra volatile. meaning 1/5 days of transmuting youll get FREE random amount of volatile over a HUGE amount of days.
    20 Days later... You sir/ma'am are making 200g a day from 2 key clicks. Hard days work. Now do this with RAF on multiple accounts to get to 80. you got a bunch of alts with both of these professions. GG ...2000g a day per account.....Win
    Assuming you want to spend IRL money on those accounts to make fake pixel money.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwy Maverick View Post
    Assuming you want to spend IRL money on those accounts to make fake pixel money.
    Which he could quite easily get into real life, in your pocket money.