Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

receiving infractions for nothing

do you guys think they give infractions too fast?
    a thread that said "help my arcane mage" and i replied "spam arcane blast"
    and i received an infraction for that as trolling?
    and another one because i said "mage complaining because he lost to a feral"

Post constructively. Don't flame. Don't bait. Follow the guidelines.

"spam arcane blast" is nonconstructive. It's a waste of a post. If this guy is a mage and he's on the forums, odds are he understands at least the most basic aspects of his class. It's a demeaning and stupid thing to say that some people try to pass of as snark.

Oh, also; Making threads about moderation is worthy of an infraction. Enjoy your ban

well... you cant discuss mod decisions...

Deleted
    wouldnt call what you did trolling, but it wasnt constructive posting either, the guy was clearly looking for advice not stupid comments like that. also, i think this thread also warrants and infraction / ban.

Moving this to Suggestions and Feedback.

Deleted
    I think it's more about the way you expressed your opinion. If you had elaborated as to why you think spamming Arcane Blast is an effective form of DPS or why you feel his disgruntlement was merely due to losing to a Feral, then you would not have been infracted.

Put some effort into your posts and the mods will put some effort into not banning you.

Another troll upset cuz he lost to a mod
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    I think it's more about the way you expressed your opinion. If you had elaborated as to why you think spamming Arcane Blast is an effective form of DPS or why you feel his disgruntlement was merely due to losing to a Feral, then you would not have been infracted.

Put some effort into your posts and the mods will put some effort into not banning you.
    Pretty much this, as far as I'm concerned. A good chunk of people I've had to infract are because they made a post that, if elaborated upon, could have been reasonable. But if you just throw out a contentious argument without saying why you feel that way, chances might be good that it can be taken as trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all in the wording. I can be a horrible dick in my posts, but if I lace my reply with venomous undertones instead of taking the easy route of saying "lulz u is retarted," not only am I less likely to be reported and infracted, but also more likely to rally people in that thread to my side.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had some dumb infractions, but I posted Sunshine to get them sorted out, just do that if you feel a mod is on a power trip or scrapbot went rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    Another troll upset cuz he lost to a mod

as a bystander here, how is this any diffrent from what OP did? Neither are constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    I've had some dumb infractions, but I posted Sunshine to get them sorted out, just do that if you feel a mod is on a power trip or scrapbot went rogue.
    Gotta agree here. I had a couple of misunderstandings in the past, and after sending an admin a PM it was cleared up. They're pretty willing to listen to you if you explain yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i think this thread also warrants and infraction / ban.
    Haha! Good thing you're not in charge. When people can't speak their mind, every other "liberty" is obsolete. IMO
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Haha! Good thing you're not in charge. When people can't speak their mind, every other "liberty" is obsolete. IMO

uh, no i meant that i thought discussing moderators actions were against the rules, ive even said before on here i think some infractions are given out without proper reason, ive recieved a stupid one myself.

---------- Post added 2011-10-16 at 12:50 AM ----------

just to add, do infractions do anything? ive had like 3 now i think.

---------- Post added 2011-10-16 at 12:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    also, interesting how you replied to mine, i said "i think" the guy above me said "Making threads about moderation is worthy of an infraction. Enjoy your ban" while i was just saying i think it gets him an infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    do you guys think they give infractions too fast?
    a thread that said "help my arcane mage" and i replied "spam arcane blast"
    and i received an infraction for that as trolling?
    and another one because i said "mage complaining because he lost to a feral"
    For the second one I'd ban you outright. Moderators are pretty soft here.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    Usually the mods do a good job but I have to admit that lately they are locking threads/giving infractions way to often.

A mod closed down a thread a few days back about UFO's and claimed he was closing it due to the rules not allowing conspiracy threads...I mean seriously if you cant have a discussion about ufo's/aliens without locking a thread then...

Deleted
    I know that, but it isnt that much of a problem to me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    They work as warnings. Each infraction is worth a specific set of points, once you reach 15 points you will be banned for 3 days.

Each infraction expire after a certain amount of time and if you feel you've been wrongfully banend you can appeal it in the "Ban Appeal Forum".

is there a way to know how many points you currently have ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Usually the mods do a good job but I have to admit that lately they are locking threads/giving infractions way to often.

A mod closed down a thread a few days back about UFO's and claimed he was closing it due to the rules not allowing conspiracy threads...I mean seriously if you cant have a discussion about ufo's/aliens without locking a thread then...

tbh when i first came to this site, threads were getting locked left right and center, as soon as one person made a troll comment, it seemed the thread was getting locked instead of just dealing with the troll, seems they've relaxed a bit now.

I've gotten banned for saying "derp" in a troll thread