Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    just to add, do infractions do anything? ive had like 3 now i think.
    If you rack up too many points, you'll be awarded with a temporary ban for your accomplishment. Infractions expire after 3 months (1 month for necro and signature infractions), at which point they don't award any more points.

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    do you guys think they give infractions too fast?
    a thread that said "help my arcane mage" and i replied "spam arcane blast"
    and i received an infraction for that as trolling?
    and another one because i said "mage complaining because he lost to a feral"
    "spam arcane blast" in a thread asking for class advice is not only not helpful, but at the same time likely to incite tension.
    Then, calling someone a "troll failtard", well, I'm sure you can see how that one got infracted, right?
    The other infraction you're referring to was not issued because of the content of your post, but because it revived a dead thread in a non-relevant way.

At the same time, I'd also like to refer you to our forum rules:
    Discussing moderator based actions

Actions taken against a member of the community are not to be discussed in public on the forums. Opinions about specific moderators or moderator actions (locking, deleting threads, etc) are also not to be discussed in posts or threads.

If you have questions, remarks, suggestions or complaints about moderating in general or specific moderators, please contact our website admin through a private message.

This site is so much easier on trolling/spamming than most forums out there. Seriously, we're extremely nice. Just post constructively and you won't incur an infraction, let alone a ban.

Don't discuss mods. You'll regret it.

It does seem weird to punish people for giving advice.....well sure it was BAD advice but he didn't know better! XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    No you got infracted for it and you should be.

my first infraction was in a thread about North Korea, and someone listed a laod of wierd facts about the leader there, i replied with these ones made me laugh pretty hard and then listed a few of them from the list, and i got an infraction for spam

I have 25 infraction points, is that a record? All of them for "minor spam".

Deleted
    my first infraction was in a thread about North Korea, and someone listed a laod of wierd facts about the leader there, i replied with these ones made me laugh pretty hard and then listed a few of them from the list, and i got an infraction for spam
    That's actually a warning (0-point infraction), which we used to do under the old ban system (where a single actual infraction would gain you a temporary ban). We removed warnings a few months back while at the same time raising the ban thresholds, thus making small infractions the new warnings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    That's actually a warning (0-point infraction), which we used to do under the old ban system (where a single actual infraction would gain you a temporary ban). We removed warnings a few months back while at the same time raising the ban thresholds, thus making small infractions the new warnings.

ah ok, was still a silly warning would what i wrote in that thread receive me any sort of warning / infraction now under the new system?

Actually I recall you being banned at some point
    Yessir, those good 'ole non-mod days. Although that was also when these forums were a bit tougher (infraction meant 1 or 2 week ban).

Quote Originally Posted by jlopez707 View Post
    I don't think infractions are tossed out as much as threads getting locked too quickly. I remember one specific post that made me lose a lot of respect for a mod. He answered to me in a sort of snobby way then locked the thread, didn't even give me a chance to say anything else.
    You're more than free to take that up with an administrator. Bibi is more than capable of yelling at us for acting terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    I have 25 infraction points, is that a record? All of them for "minor spam".
    Nope.

---------- Post added 2011-10-15 at 05:08 PM ----------

I thought you were banned at 15 points.
    They expire after a few months, so it's possible to have a ton of points but never be banned.

Deleted
    ah ok, was still a silly warning would what i wrote in that thread receive me any sort of warning / infraction now under the new system?
    That depends on the rules of the sub-forum in question, which I can't say I'm too familiar with. If you're really curious, you could probably ask one of the moderators of the respective section about it.

I feel ya OP, I get banned atleast once a month just because of my avatar.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Somehow I doubt that it's because of your avatar.

Deleted

i really don't believe you get banned for your avatar...

Deleted
    I can't seem to find any infraction that you were issued based on your avatar, even though you seem to be willing to openly bait mods into doing so in your posts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    I can't seem to find any infraction that you were issued based on your avatar, even though you seem to be willing to openly bait mods into doing so in your posts.
    that post he just made was to bait people into flaming him about his avatar no doubt..

well from personal expirience of over 50 perma-bans I can tell you guys that paladin mods Ikantankent(whatshername) and synthaxx(a.k.a. chronfailis) are basically 2 piles of smoking shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hetzer View Post
    well from personal expirience of over 50 perma-bans I can tell you guys that paladin mods Ikantankent(whatshername) and synthaxx(a.k.a. chronfailis) are basically 2 piles of smoking shit.

i can't think why you might have been banned...

---------- Post added 2011-10-16 at 01:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hetzer View Post
    also, if you have really got that many perma-bans, dont you think you should stop what you're doing? you're obviously doing something wrong / against the rules... i doubt they are banning you for no reason.

trust me, I'm fairly adequate person who is nice to talk with, they just hold some kind of fucking grudge against me for 2 years already!

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is going nowhere but downhill. Most of the real questions have been answered. If you feel an infraction has been made unjustly PM a mod of that forum, a smod, or Sunshine, and we'll put it up on the ban appeals discussion and look at it the same way we do bans.

If you have a problem with a mod or how something was handled, PM Sunshine or Bibi.