It's hurting my brain. (PTR)

I can't figure out why so many people are doing old content on the PTR. Not just level 70 raids, but 346 Heroics. Somebody help me, it hurts. If they want transmog gear, wouldn't that time be better spent on live? It... hurts...

Did you know that you can even play on the PTR while your main account on the live server is frozen?

Maybe they just want to play the game to find out if they want to pay another month for it or not.

That's what im doing atm.

To test how their (changed) abilities work in a known environment that doesn't require real teamwork and leadership (as opposed to raids)? Just my guess.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

Trying out other classes using that premade character thing?

Deleted
    Also note that Europe still can't copy their chars to PTR, only premades from a US trial account, so they might wana see how trans works, but have no gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bender16 View Post
    Did you know that you can even play on the PTR while your main account on the live server is frozen?

Maybe they just want to play the game to find out if they want to pay another month for it or not.

I had no idea! that explains a lot. Thanks.

---------- Post added 2011-10-16 at 12:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    To test how their (changed) abilities work in a known environment that doesn't require real teamwork and leadership (as opposed to raids)? Just my guess.
    I didn't think any classses were getting any major changes.

---------- Post added 2011-10-16 at 12:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Also note that Europe still can't copy their chars to PTR
    What a bummer that is.

Did you know some people play this game because they enjoy playing it, not because they are loot whores.

Quote Originally Posted by Bender16 View Post

Oh hey me too. Frozen account ptr buddies! No but honestly. It's cool it's "free". I got in and tested some well of eternity. 20 minutes in A bad pug made mentemeber why I suspended.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    Did you know some people play this game because they enjoy playing it, not because they are loot whores.
    2/10.

Its frustrating to know theres people in EU ptr in premade gear (thats 4.1 premade gear, so I've heard) and doing ICC for achievements and mounts.
    Nope. Cant copy chars to EU atm (was open briefly). It would be miracle if they had mere hour long queues..they always go to 5-7 days. Theres no way EU would have 168 times more people queueing for PTR copy :|

And no, this is not transmog thing. People have always done old raids (ulduar at icc patch) and every cata ptr its "Come run ICC with us for mount m8"
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2011-10-16 at 12:35 AM.

Saw today a pug for ulduar glory on 10 man on PTR

Quote Originally Posted by ShitShyShoes View Post

Not exactly gamebreakingly huge changes like paladins getting a new resource system, but there's definitely more than enough changes to each class to warrant wanting to test them on the PTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

saw a rogue trying to get a group for BWL on the PTR. why would you put yourself through that for no reason lol. it hurts my brain too.

Dont see why you would care : |

Quote Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
    Dont see why you would care : |
    Black Temple doesn't need testing. Dragon Soul, End Time, Hour of Twilight and Well of Eternity do. I play the game on live so I do care that it's well balanced and bug-free.

Some people just want to mess around on a class/spec they don't have. Going into well known places where strategies don't matter as much is a good way to get a feel for it. If it's for playing around on a new toon, learning rotations or simply to watch the different animations that's fine with me.

What does get to me on the PTR are people who feel the need to make a big gold pile. Kinda cute to copy your char a few times and send the gold over to buy w/e, but to actually try and make a market on the PTR, which will be gone eventually boggles me a bit.

yea id assume its because there main account is frozen so theyre playing the ptr instead

Quote Originally Posted by ShitShyShoes View Post

LOL wat?
    /10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

I like to go and solo old stuff with premade chars.. its fun.

And the point of the game is to have fun. its not a job. people only care about getting gear.

What confuses me are how people make raiding guilds on the PTR. Theres no time for that! XD

---------- Post added 2011-10-17 at 08:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    I like to go and solo old stuff with premade chars.. its fun.

And the point of the game is to have fun. its not a job. people only care about getting gear.
    They don't solo it though. Thats the weird part. I kind of feel dirty not doing the new PTR specific stuff anyways while on the PTR. We're kind of abusing the system if we aint bug testing. XD

Speaking of running old content, I ran a TK on the ptr once. Ashes dropped and I won. It made me want to cry because it was not live.

OT: I mainly do it to test out a new class that I want to play but not sure if I'd like at max level. It's painless and easy to do that way.