Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Lol this debate is so old and such a big can of worms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    i have yet to use it, imo you shouldn't rely on dmg as your regen as a healer, but that's just me :P
    another gem from mmo-champion.com

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion, it's not needed, ever.

Then again, I'm only 2/7 HM in firelands, so maybe my opinion doesn't weigh as heavily.

Anyone who said it's amazing for Alysrazor, I want to punch you in the face very hard.

Anyway I personally don't use it, I get along fine without it, it certainly isn't necessary.
    Last edited by Tyratops; 2011-10-17 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maples View Post
    Is it really 106k mana gained or didn't you take the LB mana cost in account and did you really need the extra mana?
    It's taking the mana cost into account. Around 136k mana gained from TC, minus ~30k for the LBs. Keep in mind that this is a fight where you have a bonus to damage done for much of the fight. And the mana did come in very handy when healing orb tankers while also tanking myself. Running ten man with two healers, so no shortage of healing to be done.

Contributing about half a million points of damage isn't too shabby either. When first learning the Domo fight way back, we had two wipes at around 1%. Looking at the numbers afterwards, I realized that if our other healers had been replaced by resto shamans, the damage from TC would have been enough to turn both wipes into kills. So it's not an entirely trivial contribution to raid damage.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

If you are 2-healing all HM fights except for Beth if you have bad gear (as you should), then TC is a great tool. You may get by fine without it, and that's great. But if you want to juice out that last 10% out of your character, set up the boss as a /focus target, with a focus lightning bolt macro and send that lightning bolt flying every time you get a 2 second break (and that happens very often, imo.) Personally, I went to get the +hit rating talent, because I don't like RNG at all and I can do fine without ghost wolf when I have the boots enchant.