Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosbubba View Post
    IT'S YOU!! HAHAHAHAA YOU SUCK!! HAHA...

^That was a joke BTW, i have just never gotten to say it :P

Shamans are a decent healing class but we are almost like a hybrid healing class. Paladins and disc priests heal tanks better, and Resto druids and holy priests heals raid better. We aren't bad at anything we do, we just wont top charts while doing it. Shaman raid healing is top tier if everyone is stacked in one tight group though
    Disc priests raid heal just fine!! /takeoffensve

^ pro spelling right there

Also look at overhealing. Oh and don't use Healing Surge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't associate yourself (sucking) with me, as "we." I knew going in I'm not going to expect big HPS, but the point of the game is people staying alive and the boss dying. As long as I'm keeping the raid group up along with the other healers, I'm doing my part.

Deleted
    Meh, who cares about healing meters? If people dont die and the other healers dont go oom cause your healing is low everything is fine. It all depends on the fight really. If I'm tank healing I can sometimes get close to the same numbers as our holy paladin, but if I'm raid healing and people are spread out my numbers are low. If you want to see big numbers roll a druid and press tranquillity. :P

shaman is pretty middle of the road healingwise.... not xlnt at tank OR raidhealing, but a good middle-of-the-road-healer, support ftw.

Wanna be a good healer and still play a Shaman?

Do PvP.
    Last edited by Nekhetyo; 2011-10-17 at 06:21 AM.
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate when people say healing numbers don't matter. OF COURSE THEY FREAKING DO! They don't matter the same way dps numbers do, but come on...

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

meters isn't everything, and just for the record, i can get up to 30-35k hps in aoe heal fights no problem, that's where shamans excell. On the other parts, shamans are decent and brings ALOT of utillity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    meters isn't everything, and just for the record, i can get up to 30-35k hps in aoe heal fights no problem, that's where shamans excell. On the other parts, shamans are decent and brings ALOT of utillity
    Brings buffs that are most likely all covered by another raid member, isn't what I call utility. Paladins bring a lot of utility, not shaman.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    I'm in a 10-man and I use no wind totem, no earth totem, searing when it comes to fire and healing stream water, because everything else is covered. I'd hardly call that a lot of utility. As Irisel said, that'd be paladins.

Tbh, shamans do have to work three times as hard to get near other healers and can't really afford to make mistakes, to make up for the worst mana regen among healers and non-existant spread out healing (from the perspective of someone who is raiding firelands on a resto shaman, holy paladin and a disc/holy priest).

Then again, the main reason I'm playing shaman as main is because they are the most fun so meh. ^_^
    Last edited by Eliot123; 2011-10-17 at 06:48 AM.

Somehow this shouldn't come as a suprise to you since this topic about shamans being weak healers have been here since like _atleast_ start of Firelands.

Shamans are the weakest healers and other classes are always taken above shamans all the time, not only because of our healing output is low (even tho I dont experience this myself) but also because we have no good raid cd's seeing Spirit Link is aswell bound to be stacking up and even in that position to be able to use it.

Instead of comparing you to other classes in your raid, you should compare with your own class on logs to see what you do different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klorx View Post
    instead of looking at the hps, check out the healing done.
    That only makes a difference if the other healers die early due to failing. If all the healers are alive till the end, the one who has higher hps also has higher healing done for their active time. Check WoL, not silly things as Recount that even registers Spirit Link as actual heal when in fact, Spirit Link often results in NEGATIVE heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Valius View Post
    this sums it up.
    Dude, is your avatar a cat that's high in a panda suit with some sort of water thing :I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

As others have pointed out:

It's not about hps. Not about Healing Done. - It's about wether or not you down the content.
    It kinda depends on the group setup, how you do in raids. On our alt team, we've got two shamans and a holy paladin, which makes healing a bit fun. We usually set our palahealer to tank, with our ES's on ... well... tanks, and cover's raids. I can't express how great we do on raid-healing. Our Spiritlink; manatide; healing streams(+res) and chainheals = Win.

However... Spothealing is slow, granted. When people tend to stand too far apart for chainhealing to work, we're not really _that_ good. A druid or priest would do better on those occations.

Personally, I like resto shamans. It's a challenge sometimes on raids, which makes the class fun. Imo.
    Former Wotlk Paladin Blockbot | 105,2% avoid / 3700 BV | Lots of old content soloed, incl. 3 factionleaders (Wrynn, Gnome king, Valen). - Currently exploring the fun of Soloing with new characters.

- I tend to think sentences faster than I can type, in replies, so often there is spelling and wording mistakes. Sorry.

Deleted
    Dam, I did not top the healing done so I must be very bad healer

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    I hate when people say healing numbers don't matter. OF COURSE THEY FREAKING DO! They don't matter the same way dps numbers do, but come on...
    They matter if both conditions are met:
    1)Raid is dying to unavoidable damage
    2)One healer is way below the other

15+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy shaman healing in PvP but I'm currently leveling my paladin to 85 because one of the things I liked was the big numbers that paladins could pull off.

But it's personal preference, Shaman do indeed shine in high raid damage fights, one of the reasons they are wanted in raids

Deleted
    Resto shamans are only a bit under other healers but riptide it's getting a big buff in 4.3 and we should be ok. It was hard for blizz to buff shamans because they are really good in pvp but in 4.3 we should be in line with the other healers (or at least the differences won't be as high). As long as no one is dieing and bosses are downed you shouldn't worry to much (unless you're doing awfully low in which case it might be your fault).

Why do really high end guilds ie Paragon etc seem to dislike shammys so much? Lore on Tankspot also made jokes about them being bad. I love my shammy although i've had to change to my DK during Firelands, but I cant wait to get back to him and it tends to shit me when I hear people slag shammies off as being useless for the most part - either as heals and dps.

I don't think the OP is talking about hardcore progression guilds.

As other have mentioned if people don't die off unavoidable damage, you can pull your own weight (you don't have 10% of healing done) and bosses get downed then it's fine.

You can always check what you could do better with the tools you are given of course.