Thread: Mage + Warlock?

Mage + Warlock?

A friend and I are running Frost Mage/Affliction Warlock in a 2v2 team, and we were at about 35/24. But since we got there, we constantly lose. Just a long spree of loss, loss, loss, loss, and maybe throw a win in there.

Does anyone know of any tactic that could help us out? Or any mage/lock tips?

[I also do play destruction just as well as affliction, if that helps]

Thank you.

i7 4690K/4.7GHz | GTX 960 SSC (x2 SLI) | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Gigabyte Z97X SLI | Corsair CX600W | Corsair Air 540 Silver | Corsair H110i Cooler
    XL2430T @ 144Hz | Corsair K70 RGB Brown | Logitech G400S/800DPI+1.2 sens+Raw Input | QcK+

trade off cc's and win...im not trolling it really is almost that east

Quote Originally Posted by Guaiz View Post
    trade off cc's and win...im not trolling it really is almost that east
    East? I thought you said Weest.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeneye7 View Post
    East? I thought you said Weest.
    No no definitely east...if you go west you'll die

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep I live on the west coast if I go west I drown. Always go east.

You won some games now you're at a higher rating and are not facing noobs anymore so you can't just rolfstomp your way to victory like you're use to doing.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    You won some games now you're at a higher rating and are not facing noobs anymore so you can't just rolfstomp your way to victory like you're use to doing.
    NO NO mage/warlock.. they can still roflstomp!

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post
    Yep I live on the west coast if I go west I drown. Always go east.
    But I live on the East coast.

Deleted
    I live on the west coast, doesn't that make me immortal? Since i've beaten death.....or something :-S

Deleted
    I hope this setup will back in 4.3

cc one to force trinket, then switch to him while you keep other in CC.

Deleted
    It's a pretty good comp, actually (UA/frost); the crowd control is immense and although I've never played it myself, I figure most of it would come pretty naturally after you practice a while. You've barely done 50 games, it'll come eventually.

PS: Try not derail this too much, amusing as it was reading the east/west comments, forget not that the OP needs real advice too.

Deleted
    CC chain

Sheep/fear/sheep/fear/etc on heals whilst ur dots take out dps!

what rating are we talking? cuz if you're mmr is low and you just hit the 1550-1700 zone it does get abit harder. from there it's not a complete faceroll and you will meat comps that actually make sense.

Deleted
    Add a resto shaman to your comp and stop fooling around in 2s. Once you stop meeting newbs in 2s, you will face people that will interrupt or pillar hump your cc chains and eventually one of you will go down, since you don't have a healer. With a resto shaman you just wait for the right CC chain to happen while the shaman heals and then stuff eventually dies.

Tell the Mage to go fire and practice cc coordination.

Seriously run fire/afflict.

no heals can suck for a lock, chain ccs and interrupts should score a kill if you can survive the initial burst

Deleted
    Actualy the comp is really awful, versus holy paladin/ anything you'll lose, versus DK/anything you'll lose. You won't go far playing that comp.

Make sure not to overlap your CC's and coordinate properly! It's really the key to any team progressing regardless of comp. Frost and Afflic is good, I'd like to know specifically what you're having troubles against?

Destro/Fire is going to be pretty sick in the next patch, so maybe get used to playing that. It's not shabby now if you can coordinate properly, Check out:

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=199487

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Quote Originally Posted by Rebi View Post
    Actualy the comp is really awful, versus holy paladin/ anything you'll lose, versus DK/anything you'll lose. You won't go far playing that comp.
    lol wot?

pala can still eat sheeps and fears not to mention double silences... dk can be frozen non stop while pala is cc'd and deepsd down!