What happens when/if we ever forget our password?

I was lucky that I was able to remember what my password was just now, because I was on my final try before getting the 15 minute lock out that the forum does if you can't get your login info right within 5 tries (a safety measure and good one). However, when I couldn't get into my MMOC account after trying the 4th time (it's really me: check my IP), I thought that instead of risking getting the password incorrect the 5th and final chance, I would look for a place where it would let me retrieve my password or reset it if I were to ever forget what it was.

Sadly, there isn't such an option as far as I recall. I looked on the top and bottom of the page, on the FAQ (nothing even bringing up that possibility), and everywhere in between. Nothing that would bring me to where I could find out what to do if this ever happened. Perhaps I was just blind and missed something somewhere, but as far as I looked, there was nothing.

So, if there isn't any option for a forgot password scenario, then why isn't one available? If I would ever forget my password again, I don't want to have to try the many different passwords I would have used for sites hoping I stumble upon the right one, and get constant lock outs!
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Actually there is a password recovery tool.
    i loled a little
    "Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools" Albert Einstein

Even worse, I actually clicked "here"

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Actually there is a password recovery tool.
    And I now officially feel like a tard for not seeing that.

But then again, why don't we have one for, say, if we don't remember it from the get-go. Maybe the log in at the top could have a "Forgot password?" link there somewhere that can take us to that page.
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll see if we can just make it a little more obvious on that page, more space or something.